Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Waltzing Along posted:

LOL Mother 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

highlights for me were Penny’s Big Breakaway and SMTV Vengeance

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kit fisto!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tempura Wizard posted:

Fit Boxing feat. Hatsune Miku

can we please get this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Crab Souls is funny, but not much for me outside of SMTV

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

They should try to dump Soul Hackers 2 on switch. I have it but I really don’t want to be tethered to a PS4.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Is there any chance your save file would be compatible with the new version? If so maybe you could sell the original to offset the price of the new one.

Unless...oh no! You didn't buy digitally, did you :ohdear:

I am a fool and I accept my punishment.

Or rather I can just wait for it to go on sale. It being kinda more of a NG+ kind of deal takes some of the sting out. I don't feel like my time in the original game is "wasted" (any more than your time is wasted playing a video game anyway, yes yes I know.)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wait a minute, in battlemaniacs if you want to play as Rash (the sunglasses one that does spin kicks as his normal attack) you have to press start on controller 2. I guess for nso, I'd have to wake up the joycons, launch battlemaniacs, then wake up the pro controller, then press start on the pro controller? What a hassle

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Dilapidated-graphics Kingdom Come at 15fps touched my heart.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hell yeah Blast Corps.

Ender Lilies was alright, I guess it's cool that they're doing a sequel.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance picked a great release day to not sell any games.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

can we please get this

We got the FOTNS one so probably.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As an American, I feel if I can't have it, nobody should. Therefore they should not release mother 3 in any region.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Grounded coming to Switch on April 16th, 2024
-Ender Magnolia: Bloom in the Mist, new Ender Lilies game, releases later this year (no date given)
-Arranger: A Role-Puzzle Adventure coming in Summer
-Unicorn Overlord launches on Nintendo Switch March 8th, demo shadow dropped TODAY
-Monster Hunter Stories Remaster coming to Switch in Summer
-Epic Mickey Rebrushed, a remake of Epic Mickey, releasing later this year
-Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance releasing June 21st, 2024
-Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection, with some slight new content from the original two games, on Switch March 14th
-South Park: Snow Day! releases March 26th
-Sword Art Online: Fractured Daydream later this year
-Gundum Break 4 releases later this year
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble, a brand new Monkey Ball game, releases on June 25th, 2024
-World of Goo 2 releases May 23rd
-Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time releases October 10th, 2024
-Another Crab's Treasure, a new collect-a-thon souls-like platformer, releases April 25th
-Penny's Big Breakaway, the game by the Sonic Mania devs, releases on Switch TODAY
-Suika Game Multi-Player Mode Expansion Pack, paid DLC dropping TODAY, online multiplayer coming to the DLC in the future
-Pepper Grinder, 2D action-platformer, releases on Switch March 28th, demo available TODAY
-Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! releases TODAY
-Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley releases March 7th, 2024
-Tales of Zenzera: ZAU releases April 23rd, 2024
-Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- Sweep the Board! releases April 26th, 2024
-Kingdom Come Deliverance - Royal Edition comes to Switch March 15th, 2024
-Contra: Operation Galuga releases March 12th, 2024
-Pentiment available on Switch TOMORROW
-Battletoads Battlemaniacs, Killer Instinct, Snake Rattle n Roll, Blast Corps, and R.C. Pro-Aim available on Nintendo Switch Online TODAY
-Endless Ocean Luminous releasing May 2nd, 2024

Let's compare with the previous Partner Showcase:

Monster hunter rise sunbreak
Nier Automata
Lorelei and the laser eyes
Super Bomberman R 2
Megaman BN LC
Pac-man world Re-pac
Blanc
Return to Monkey Island
Mario + Rabbids spark of hope
Little Noah
Railgrade
RPG time: the legend of wright
Sonic Frontiers
Disney Dreamlight Valley
Live a Live
Doraemon Story of seasons
Minecraft Legends
Dragon Quest Treasures
No Man Sky
A Plague Tale: Requiem (cloud)
Captain Velver Meteor
Portal
Harvestella
Persona series (3, 4 and 5)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Isn't epic mickey supposed to be good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

Isn't epic mickey supposed to be good

It’s epic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the platonic ideal of 7/10

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

All the best games are 7/10

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

lmao this is the funniest possible way they could do this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wish that the XBLA port of Perfect Dark would exist, officially, outside of Rare Replay. Seriously, it's like the only game I want from there.

I'd totally accept Timesplitters getting some sort of port, or attention of any sort, but Silksong will be released before that ever happens.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingdom Come is gonna run so badly 🥰

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh baby Endless Ocean

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Sakurazuka posted:

7/10 is the best kind of game 9 times out of 10.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Didn't really see anything that excites me personally, but I am glad others have some things to look forward to :)

Now I can focus on my backlo- hahaha who am I kidding I'm never going to play all of the stuff I've spent money on. Bury me with my switch

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

THE

SIDESWIPE

LIVESSSSSSSS

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why couldn't they give us Killer Instinct Gold, or Microsoft just release the XBox vesion that they made

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Microsoft has an opportunity to bring Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey to the switch.

The doors open. I’ll pay $15 dollars for each.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Why couldn't they give us Killer Instinct Gold, or Microsoft just release the XBox vesion that they made
KI Gold is an N64 game, so it's probably on the list for the future.

KI 2013 is actually getting actively updated again lately to celebrate the game's 10th anniversary, so while it isn't impossible, it's probably pretty unlikely until the Switch 2 due to the online multiplayer mandating a stable 60fps lock even with Every Particle Effect On Earth going off at once. Like, the PC version won't let you into online play unless you can pass a framerate test.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm so hype for penny's big breakaway, pepper grinder, endless ocean luminous, unicorn overlord... what a time to have a switch!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also it's extremely easy to make a japanese profile and download the virtual console apps so you can then play mother 3 with your nso profile

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume people want to play it in English but I think the only case of them translating a Japanese version to English was Fire Emblem 1 and Fire Emblem 1 has less text in it overall than Mother 3 has in the first area.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Silver Falcon posted:

I am a fool and I accept my punishment.

Or rather I can just wait for it to go on sale. It being kinda more of a NG+ kind of deal takes some of the sting out. I don't feel like my time in the original game is "wasted" (any more than your time is wasted playing a video game anyway, yes yes I know.)

I bought the steel case and digital because I really like the SMT stuff. I will buy this on sale digitally because I'm a fool.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm actually pretty excited for Unicorn Overlord and Pepper Grinder. Pepper Grinder looked like a spiritual successor to Drill Dozer but more action than puzzle and that's cool.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
It's a shame so many good games are going to be overshadowed by the release of 2024's most anticipated title, Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

I assume people want to play it in English but I think the only case of them translating a Japanese version to English was Fire Emblem 1 and Fire Emblem 1 has less text in it overall than Mother 3 has in the first area.

They could just do what Nis did for the Crossbell trails games and hire the fan translators. In that case the game was fan translated, they just took their patch down and maybe made some tweaks for the new versions.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Looper posted:

also it's extremely easy to make a japanese profile and download the virtual console apps so you can then play mother 3 with your nso profile

Minus the whole playing a RPG in Japanese thing.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
people should just play the semi professionally done Mother 3 fan translation. its free and Nintendo isn't going to do anything with the game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

TheMightyBoops posted:

Microsoft has an opportunity to bring Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey to the switch.

The doors open. I’ll pay $15 dollars for each.

God drat is lost odyssey so loving good, I'd pay upwards if $25 to play it on my switch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao it’s so over

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Looper posted:

playing a text-based story-driven game in a language I can’t read ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Snake Maze posted:

It's a shame so many good games are going to be overshadowed by the release of 2024's most anticipated title, Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.