Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
23 seconds to zone into town lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

queeb posted:

My prediction, 10k peak players

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

off by an order of magnitude

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Pylons posted:

lol almost doubled the all-time peak players

And the servers are holding up so well, I'm sure I'll kill load into old road just any minute now. Oh well, not like I expected anything different.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

ayyyyyyyyy

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

Anyone got any paticular recomendations for a build that can cover the screen in ice effects? I just really like ice effects after a glacial miner in PoE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlezU-qQz8

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Diephoon posted:

ayyyyyyyyy

Yeah as with any big launch, I'm just going to wait until like, tonight at least to let the servers stop being on fire.

But I really love this game. Now I'm debating whether to go perma-spriggan totems or warpath paladin for my season character.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

125,706 players In-Game

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Triple. Old was over 40k, now it's 125k+. Can't get out of Keeper's Grove to The Fortress Gardens.

"LE-61: Failed to matchmake."

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah Fortress Gardens are OP, they are also zoning me out, out footsie-ing me.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i don't need to start playing right now but i do want to. everyone else log out for a second i want to test something

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

OK, yes, that's the crunch I'm craving.

Thannk you!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

all these online play unavailable prompts remind me of when they first launched MP

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
It was cool playing right up until I dared to try and enter fortress gardens. At least I had fun until then, got me an orange 2h axe in the tutorial as a rogue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gnoma posted:

If you had broken character creation on the bingo card, you win.

Seem restarting the game fixes it.

Yeah I am stuck at this too.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I said come in! posted:

125,706 players In-Game

what the hell are they all doing, can people actually get out of the first town?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I am stuck at this too.

Same, but restarting does fix it. Not that you can actually get into the game after character creation at the moment.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

from the official Discord:

quote:

Initial burst of load is hitting the matchmaker quite hard - working on scaling it faster. This may result in failed or slow scene transitions, especially in town zones. Will keep everyone in the loop with what we're seeing in the war room! "scene transition" also applies to loading into the game as it loads a scene. Clearing out buffers and trying to stabilize!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I said come in! posted:

125,706 players In-Game

the only reason i'm currently not one of them is i'm waiting for some more stability. various streamers i've checked out are stuck at fortress gardens and/or not being able to go online at all

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Weird amount of folks assuming everything would be broken and then… mad that they were right? Is weird in this thread.

Go play another game. Or play offline mode for a while. Sheesh.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

ayy ohh eeh ohh eee eh yahh ohh
eee enn eeh ohh eeey ohh eehh ohhh heyyy

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Speaking of offline mode, maybe it's all chatGPT bots but it has global chat.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Saxophone posted:

Weird amount of folks assuming everything would be broken and then… mad that they were right? Is weird in this thread.

Are people mad? It's just how launches are, it's fine, but also nothing to do but post while I stare at the fortress gardens entrance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chalks posted:

Same, but restarting does fix it. Not that you can actually get into the game after character creation at the moment.

Yep this fixed it. I am playing offline right now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That scene transition lag was present in 0.9 and the reason I put it down before 1.0.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Saxophone posted:

It is a tradition

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
gently caress my life, I finally zoned in then immediately misclicked back into town, gently caress

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Imaginary Friend posted:

Speaking of offline mode, maybe it's all chatGPT bots but it has global chat.

The normal offline mode still has some online functions like chat I think. For true offline you have to turn it on via steam launch options

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

LE-61 Failed to Matchmake

nerox
May 20, 2001
Crossed 150,000 players. I am still downloading :(

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Saxophone posted:

I don't think anyone is mad? (except some people in the global chat going "nice game EHG gently caress sake going back to D4")

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

ouch, now trying to login just gives a message that online play is unavailable.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Anyone lose sound now? Not sure how to get it back.

Edit: just restarting worked, it was saying nosounddriver in sound options.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 21, 2024

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol @ the guy who said he doubted it would break 10K concurrent.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Judd on Discord:

quote:

150k CCU and the initial burst of volume has our matchmaking services experiencing some issues that we're quickly working to rectify. We're in the war room with our backend team and service providers turning all the dials and knobs as quickly as we can.
We've just deployed Steam launch arguments that will allow people to boot the game in full offline mode when clicking Play from the Steam library. That will require a Steam client restart to access.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

This weekend will "burst" higher

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Anyone actually got into Fortress Gardens in online mode?

E: I think they need a zone queue

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
anyone with a rough idea of how a gtx 1070 in 1440p would fare in this game? i can't find anything about fsr 2, so guess it'd be in 1440p instead of upscaled from something lower, which would have been a lot even in diablo 4

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Running well under Nobara Linux (Steam; Proton Experimental), Offline Mode. :D

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

Anyone actually got into Fortress Gardens in online mode?

E: I think they need a zone queue

I see people disappear occasionally, but I guess they could just be logging out. I changed my mind though, I am mad, the SaaS I work on launched yesterday and I wish we had these problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I play 4K 3080 12700K all LOW. Game doesnt run well enough with higher settings. No scaling options at all - native is all you get even in 1.0. Their old version of unity doesnt support anything fancy.