Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Judd on Discord:

I hope they're all wearing military gear and yelling loudly into radios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Im playing Ultrawide everything ultra at 120 fps, GPU getting real hot though (3080 + 13600k)

stuck inside the fortress gardens for like 20 minutes now

I knew it was gonna be bad but goddamn, I'd rather eat a 1hr queue than have to spam click every instance and hope I get in

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 21, 2024

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Ihmemies posted:

I play 4K 3080 12700K all LOW. Game doesnt run well enough with higher settings. No scaling options at all - native is all you get even in 1.0. Their old version of unity doesnt support anything fancy.
ouch. guess i'm saving this for when i get a new gpu instead

hopefully people will be doing benchmarks as soon as they're actually able to load into areas offline

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I kind of want to modify my guess of when things will be stable/playable online to some time this weekend.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Full Offline mode works great.

However, nothing I do is letting me change my left click from being just walking. I can't assign an attack to it. When I click on it, it just depresses the button and does nothing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Lol, Ghazzy and his group are all stuck in the first zone, so they're playing hide and seek.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zurai posted:

Full Offline mode works great.

However, nothing I do is letting me change my left click from being just walking. I can't assign an attack to it. When I click on it, it just depresses the button and does nothing.

you cant rebind left click to actions, they intentionally designed it that way (i dont agree with it but its been a known thing since EA)

e: oh wait you mean not even left click normal attack?? ok thats weird, you cant bind skills to it but you should just be able to regular attack

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Zurai posted:

Left click is always move. You'd have to change it externally if you want it to work differently.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

kliras posted:

anyone with a rough idea of how a gtx 1070 in 1440p would fare in this game? i can't find anything about fsr 2, so guess it'd be in 1440p instead of upscaled from something lower, which would have been a lot even in diablo 4

Maybe you can extrapolate from this idk
I'm on a laptop 3050 (only 4gb vram, and a pretty lovely gpu) and ryzen 5600h with 16gb ram. 1440p on medium was pretty much locked 60fps
Upped to high settings and while I didn't check the actual frames before I logged off for a bit, it still felt smooth and good.

kliras posted:

ouch. guess i'm saving this for when i get a new gpu instead

hopefully people will be doing benchmarks as soon as they're actually able to load into areas offline

IDK, you might be ok-ish, I played this a few years back when it first entered EA, and I think I had and amd rx480 and it was fine at 1080/1440
Once it's stable you could try it for 1 hour 59 minutes and see how it goes I guess?

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 21, 2024

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

gnoma posted:

Left click is always move. You'd have to change it externally if you want it to work differently.

In early access, you could set left click to be "move unless I'm hovering over a target, then use this skill". I can't do that now. It's just move no matter what. There's still two icons there, but they're both footprints and there's no way to change them.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

kliras posted:

anyone with a rough idea of how a gtx 1070 in 1440p would fare in this game? i can't find anything about fsr 2, so guess it'd be in 1440p instead of upscaled from something lower, which would have been a lot even in diablo 4

It worked perfectly well on my old 970, so unless the graphical improvements for 1.0 are super badly optimised you're going to be fine.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

From one of the lead devs on discord:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

gnoma posted:

OK, thanks. I was beginning to wonder if I gaslit myself, haha.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

gnoma posted:

lmao
admirable honesty there tho

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Man, I want to play one of the three newer classes as I have not played for some time, but can't decide which...leaning runemaster a bit though.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I wonder how numbers will look once people start getting off work. Like, will the people quitting for a bit by then offset those coming home hopping on? Or will it shoot even higher?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rakeris posted:

Man, I want to play one of the three newer classes as I have not played for some time, but can't decide which...leaning runemaster a bit though.

Runemaster is crazy fun

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does your previous legacy character lock that name for reuse?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fknlo posted:

Does your previous legacy character lock that name for reuse?

Looks like it yeah

I had to delete my old one to free up the name again

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
You can go into the legacy tab and delete it, so no.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

xZAOx posted:

I wonder how numbers will look once people start getting off work. Like, will the people quitting for a bit by then offset those coming home hopping on? Or will it shoot even higher?

My guess is it'll go up tonight and then again over the weekend once the servers no longer look like so:

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Finally zoned in to the fortress of gardens, exciting.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Is the Skeleton Mage Sacrifice Necro Ward bomber still a thing? I built one out over a year ago and it was one of my favorite character builds in any ARPG, ever.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Haven't seen people playing it, but the version of Sacrifice used by Skeleton Mage got buffs with the patch and the new minion affixes on weapons should also buff it a good amount.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Just picked up this game, seems cool and reminds me a little of Titan Quest. Too bad another trash launch for a live service game though.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Syrinxx posted:

Just picked up this game, seems cool and reminds me a little of Titan Quest. Too bad another trash launch for a live service game though.

Yeah it's almost like it's really hard or something.

Although...is this a "live services" game?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Things seem much better so far. I was stuck in the camp forever, but every zone past that has instantly loaded

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes. They're gonna have seasons (called Cycles) and such. New endgame stuff will be coming, then eventually cycle-specific content once the base game is where they want it. They still have 3 acts of the campaign to finish too, heh.

I didn't think it'd go as smooth as they thought it would, but I didn't think that 2 hours later most people still wouldn't be able to play, lol.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes, if Diablo 2 is also a live service game

xZAOx posted:

Yes. They're gonna have seasons (called Cycles) and such. New endgame stuff will be coming, then eventually cycle-specific content once the base game is where they want it. They still have 3 acts of the campaign to finish too, heh.

I didn't think it'd go as smooth as they thought it would, but I didn't think that 2 hours later most people still wouldn't be able to play, lol.
You can also play fully offline, which is probably the one non-negotiable characteristic of what makes a game "live service"

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Had a few minutes during lunch so I created a character (went with a Warlock, that seems pretty neat) and immediately ran into "online unavailable".

Hoping it's unfucked in a few hours!

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
^^ well i guess i'm not the only one... i'll check back after lunch then.

People are playing right now? I created a character, but it says the server is down every time I try to enter. There's no queue that I can see.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

i am still stuck in keeper's camp, but at least you can watch other players try to zone to gardens

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

LOL
https://steamcharts.com/app/899770

Look at the right side of the chart. 150k players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yegods posted:

^^ well i guess i'm not the only one... i'll check back after lunch then.

People are playing right now? I created a character, but it says the server is down every time I try to enter. There's no queue that I can see.

We are just all playing in offline mode.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Max 10k players

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The closest translation is "die well"

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Still unable to play online despite repeated attempts over the last ~90 minutes.

I've been playing offline in the mean time but I've done early game leveling a dozen times or more in this game and I only see very minor differences so far at 16 so it's kind of a waste, especially since I'll never touch the character again once online play is stable.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Gyoru posted:

ayy ohh eeh ohh eee eh yahh ohh
eee enn eeh ohh eeey ohh eehh ohhh heyyy

was hoping they changed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

All this downtime is not actually making it any easier if I want to roll a warlock (curses look interesting) or some flavor of rogue, now.