Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
thinkin im gonna go warlock for my first character (new class!!) and then fast level a runemater later.

maybe eventually get a shaman going if the new stuff actually makes it worthwhile. poor shaman. you'll get there eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
y'all should just try cof offline, it's a very nice experience.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Gyoru posted:

ayy ohh eeh ohh eee eh yahh ohh
eee enn eeh ohh eeey ohh eehh ohhh heyyy

The "cat being tortured"-voiced lady "singing" in the first stage?
Yeah, gently caress that, whata racket. Slider right down until she fucks right off
It's ages since I played and I remembered her straight away

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I know they said they were as prepared as they could be, but this is probably just blowing their wildest expectations out of the water as far as the number of people trying to play.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

fknlo posted:

I know they said they were as prepared as they could be, but this is probably just blowing their wildest expectations out of the water as far as the number of people trying to play.

I don't know why, honestly. The game has gotten very positive reviews almost everywhere, they've had popular streamers from other games show it off for a while now, and they hit 40k players in the early access stress test a while back. If they weren't expecting 100k+ to be slamming their servers after all of that then they really haven't paid attention to other arpg releases for a long time.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

fknlo posted:

Its a buy-to-play title. They already said that they had sold 1 million+ copies. How is 10% of your player base trying to log in during launch "blowing their wildest expectations out of the water"?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

They prepared for more people on the actual servers. Towns having matchmaking is the big failure. They were able turn that feature on/off at different points during 0.9, wonder if they will disable it again. Also the web API failed and it seems like that is blocking character logins.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Is it normal for my rouge on the login screen to look like they're covered in vaseline and have bioluminescent teeth?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KodiakRS posted:

Is it normal for my rouge on the login screen to look like they're covered in vaseline and have bioluminescent teeth?

If your rouge has teeth, I'd advise you to look into a new cosmetics supplier whether they glow or not.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Zurai posted:

If your rouge has teeth, I'd advise you to look into a new cosmetics supplier whether they glow or not.

Also I'm not sure why you would apply rouge to your screen.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Tonetta posted:

y'all should just try cof offline, it's a very nice experience.

Can't wear my cosmetics offline, LITERALLY unplayable!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gnoma posted:

They prepared for more people on the actual servers. Towns having matchmaking is the big failure. They were able turn that feature on/off at different points during 0.9, wonder if they will disable it again. Also the web API failed and it seems like that is blocking character logins.

So the entire problem is the weird insistence on seeing random people in towns?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

guy somehow still shocked 20 years after wow came out thhat buying servers just for launch windows isnt going to happen: the devs are loving us. AGAIN. WHY wouldnt they DO SOMETHING if they KNEW???

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I was finally playing online successfully after like an hour of trying to get out of town, but I had to drop for a meeting and now I can't get back in, oh well.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

So what's the deal with items I can see on the ground, but refuse to let me pick them up? I've cleared the tutorial area and the first area and I have gotten maybe five pieces of gear total. I opened a chest and these items popped out but I can't interact with them at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Loot filter?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Poor one out for the homies who used PTO for today.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Press X to toggle loot filter. Press Alt+Z to toggle showing items altogether. Could also be a bug.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

zoux posted:

Loot filter?

no filter applied.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

DangerDongs posted:

Poor one out for the homies who used PTO for today.

This ended up being me, but it's more diabeetus cat related since it was likely this was going to be a poo poo show

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Stux posted:

guy somehow still shocked 20 years after wow came out thhat buying servers just for launch windows isnt going to happen: the devs are loving us. AGAIN. WHY wouldnt they DO SOMETHING if they KNEW???

im the guy threatening to sue the devs because i can't play for 2 hours

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The "server status" thread on their forums is now timing out and I received an error message about it being under extreme load.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The "server status" thread on their forums is now timing out and I received an error message about it being under extreme load.

That seems bad

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I meant 100k

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
let me play my bird person, stupid video game!!!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

:coolbird:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

:birdthunk: But what if we could play Offline? :birdthunk:

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

im the guy threatening to sue the devs because i can't play for 2 hours

This is a slap in the face.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The true game is figuring out what character I want to play anyways, and I'm already knee deep in that.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Just an average start to a season.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

mrbass21 posted:

This is a slap in the face.

we can merge our change.org petitions

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Anyone want to swap referral codes for bees while we all sit around doing nothing?

Mine is march - just quote me and I'll hit you back.

Swapped, don't have a code to send back so please don't do this unless you're just feeling generous.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 21, 2024

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

tried restarting. Items started dropping again but then stopped. decided to refund. Was not getting into the game at all anyway.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

queeb posted:

I meant 100k

still wrong

Just Another Lurker posted:

:birdthunk: But what if we could play Offline? :birdthunk:

Ideally it would be an offline version and very offline version.
Oh wait..

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 21, 2024

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My attempts to play online are just permanently stuck at "Connecting" now instead of being told it's unavailable.

The LE Discord has this to say:

Online Status:
11:46AM CST: 150k CCU and the initial burst of volume has our matchmaking services experiencing some issues that we're quickly working to rectify. We're in the war room with our backend team and service providers turning all the dials and knobs as quickly as we can.
12:07: found the web API service is failing so we're restarting it. Currently matchmaking is still down which will affect login and scene to scene transition.
12:25: follow up backend deploys are going well but we're still investigating the container apps for this service failing. Progress being made. Matchmaking (connecting to servers when changing scenes or logging in) is currently still down
2 hours ago: seeing some stability coming back. Will keep everyone posted
2 hours ago: a services container app down again. Working to get it back up. Maybe I shouldn't relay when stability is coming back so quickly so the service isn't hit so hard immediately 😆
an hour ago: we're kicking off a client build to address people sometimes seeing character selection blank. This is able to be worked around by exiting and re-launching the game if you experience it before patch deploy. Aiming to push that out later today
an hour ago: Still working to resolve online issues. Playing necromancers trying to rez these container apps. We have leads from all of our service providers in the war room with us helping us diagnose the issue.
32 minutes ago Keeping everyone in the loop - we're still working on this - but how we're attempting resolution is technical. We're attempting to redeploy the container app environment entirely while portions of our team are digging deeper into logs.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
Can someone break down what I miss out on by playing offline vs online?

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO
Feb 5, 2001

Gave it a try, managed to finally log in but can't get into town. NBD, launch woes and will try again tomorrow. Weirdly turns my PC into a space heater during char creation, runs as hot or hotter than Alan Wake 2 (while capped at 60 FPS).

(running fine though, just unnecessarily hot)

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 21, 2024

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

mrbass21 posted:

Can someone break down what I miss out on by playing offline vs online?

Grouping and trading, basically. Even if you choose the faction that boosts your self-found item chances/rarity/etc. you always have the ability to swap to the trade faction instead and start trading (non-ssf) items etc. In offline you will never be able to do that.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

Grouping and trading, basically. Even if you choose the faction that boosts your self-found item chances/rarity/etc. you always have the ability to swap to the trade faction instead and start trading (non-ssf) items etc. In offline you will never be able to do that.

Thanks. I’m anti-social so it sounds like I’m not missing out on much when I can just make an online character in another cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

The March Hare posted:

Anyone want to swap referral codes for bees while we all sit around doing nothing?

Mine is march - just quote me and I'll hit you back.

I referred you, mine is Blogger.