Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/wildcatreport/status/1760321502094717421?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I think the brave new world of CFB magnifies ND's disadvantages, but we'll see.

The last time they finished in the top 4 was 12 years ago and it'll certainly be 13 by this time next year.

They were 3 seed in 2019 and the 4 seed in 2021.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I think the brave new world of CFB magnifies ND's disadvantages, but we'll see.

The last time they finished in the top 4 was 12 years ago and it'll certainly be 13 by this time next year.

Pretty sure they finished the regular season in the top 4 the time(s?) they made the playoff.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Lambeau???

Wisconsin's Big 10 Team™

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
northwestern will play all its home games in a big, open field in James Park and all the fans will stand on Mt Trashmore to watch their big ten team compete

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

General Dog posted:

Pretty sure they finished the regular season in the top 4 the time(s?) they made the playoff.

i was just looking at AP poll rankings oops

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Football games played in baseball stadiums are one of the most fail things of all time

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I. M. Gei posted:

Football games played in baseball stadiums are one of the most fail things of all time

Its really maddening to that they do bowl games in baseball stadiums. It loving sucks.

And just to reiterate ref chat. I have listened to the command center audio on replay when they're looking at/reviewing plays. Would it shock you to find out that a room filled with senior citizens don't always do the most efficient quick analysis of a contentious play? Would it surprise you that they sometimes talk themselves out of an easy call by over analyzing the tiniest detail of a play rather than look at it in totality? Like obsessing about a millimeter of ball movement when going to the ground versus the fact that a player really clearly complete the catch? There have been plays where they don't even fully roll through all video angles and just get hung up on one look for five minutes and make a decision on that. Its really good. And its absolutely good that these rooms are filled with guys who were too old to stay on the field so logically you move them to a room with dozens of video screens.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I don't think there's been a game in the last decade that was played in a baseball stadium that had any value outside of the novelty of the venue, so I'm fine with it. Playing 2024 Alabama-Michigan at Oracle Park would've been stupid. Playing Iowa-Northwestern at Wrigley Field or BC-SMU at Fenway is funny and good.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1760331738461380922?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
SAS is right. God drat it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

texas a&m but put it in indiana

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

And even now this system is rigged for Notre Dame. They still don't have to play a conference title game, and yes they'll have to play the first round but as the 5 seed they'll draw the 12 seed - which will usually be the G5 rep.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 21, 2024

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

And even now this system is rigged for Notre Dame. They still don't have to play a conference title game, and yes they'll have to play the first round but as the 5 seed they'll draw the 12 seed - which will usually be the G5 rep.

Saying it's rigged for Notre Dame is probably overstating it, there will be plenty of teams that land the 5 seed that didn't didn't make it into their respective CCG (whereas some of the CCG losers fall lower). It's not more "rigged" for Notre Dame than it is for any other at-large entrant.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/fox6hardison/status/1760399794512498694

mother gently caress

This hurts worse than Saban.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Warbird posted:

mother gently caress

This is the kind of stuff 80-year curses are made from.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

And we'd loving deserve it. God I'm half tempted to look up an alumni association so I can go yell at someone.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
The Vol Network has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Warbird posted:

And we'd loving deserve it. God I'm half tempted to look up an alumni association so I can go yell at someone.

My family is way more upset about this than Saba
"That's no way to treat a legend. You have to come to some sweetheart emeritus arrangement"
"This is so wrong on every level"

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 21, 2024

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1760331734271324641

Welp, this would suck for the Big 12 and ACC, and I'm not sure if a G5 school would ever get in.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warbird posted:

mother gently caress

What if Saban retired because he knew Alabama was making this decision?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Dirac Fourier posted:

Welp, this would suck for the Big 12 and ACC, and I'm not sure if a G5 school would ever get in.

Let's be honest, the Big Ten and SEC are going to occupy at least 8 of the 12 spots nearly every year under the current rules (that would be the two champs and 6 of the 7 at-large bids).

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dirac Fourier posted:

In that scenario they are part of the G7.

General Dog posted:

Let's be honest, the Big Ten and SEC are going to occupy at least 8 of the 12 spots nearly every year under the current rules (that would be the two champs and 6 of the 7 at-large bids).

Can't wait to watch bad 4th place teams because they are from one of the two most famous conferences.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Maybe more often than not but I don't think it's nearly every year unless everyone else just gets blown out by too much interested NIL money with the bigger schools and absolutely all of the talent dries up more than it always has. And/or the SEC & Big 10 and to a lesser extent the ACC & Big 12 refuse to play OOC games against anyone with even the beginnings of a pulse. As the conferences will stand next year the Big 12 would have had 4 and 3 in 2021-2022 by themselves, wasn't really paying attention or counting the ACC but they were riding on Clemson for a while obviously but Pitt would have shown up at least once. Of course in the national championship UCF year they would have squeaked in at 12, but that year we also had a hilarious Wazzu sighting.

Utah has a goddamned habit of ending up somewhere between 10-12 every damned year.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
If a small catholic school in Indiana can’t become a college football powerhouse then we might as well watch the NFL

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Adun posted:

If a small catholic school in Indiana can’t become a college football powerhouse then we might as well watch the NFL

this but without irony

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Warbird posted:

mother gently caress

what the gently caress is this bullshit

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

what the gently caress is this bullshit

Alabama's begging for a curse

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dirty shrimp money posted:

I, for one, can't wait to watch Notre Dame lose to the American/MWC champ every single year of this format.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Now they're talking about expanding the playoff to 14 teams, according to the CBS sports notification I just got.

Twelve is already too big

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
March Madness but college football

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Fandom ended with: Alabama

Fandom started with: TBD

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I appreciate SAS confirming that Notre Dame is even worse then the Cowboys.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Radia posted:

this but without irony

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GD_American posted:

Fandom ended with: Alabama

Fandom started with: TBD

The team that vanquished Nick Saban, obviously.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

In a pinch, fall back on the first alma mater, your UNISWAG-nominated football team of the year!

https://www.wkrg.com/mobile-county/university-of-south-alabama-nominated-for-football-uniform-of-the-year-award/

Warbird
May 23, 2012

God drat it I’m still so mad.

If you’re not going to listen to a game while driving around on an Autumn/Winter’s Saturday evening listening to Eli tell you about this drive’s sponsor and the the wings over at Baumhower’s Victory Grille then what is even the god drat point?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Warbird posted:

God drat it I’m still so mad.

If you’re not going to listen to a game while driving around on an Autumn/Winter’s Saturday evening listening to Eli tell you about this drive’s sponsor and the the wings over at Baumhower’s Victory Grille then what is even the god drat point?

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

just such a loving unbelievable own goal, really.

I can see why Manager Brain would decide that with Saban gone it's time to make a clean sweep, but jesus h christ know how to give the guy a gentle way out.

Hell, I loved him for his NASCAR coverage long before I cared about Tide football.

Good for Eli for caling bullshit on the retirement talk.