Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

gnoma posted:

I referred you, mine is Blogger.

Got you back :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Tonetta posted:

y'all should just try cof offline, it's a very nice experience.

Aside from a weird bug where no rewards/prophecies would show up in the telescopes at first and the reroll button was disabled (restarting cleared it up so it might have been because I hadn't played my offline char in forever?), can confirm

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

My attempts to play online are just permanently stuck at "Connecting" now instead of being told it's unavailable.

Yea this is my experience as well each time I try online.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
What does bottleneck performance in this game? Getting stuttering as soon as the intro cinematic, and it’s a bad feel.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
intel's presentmon can also help with figuring out bottlenecks. way better that most osd tools for performance and temps (10:57)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hAy5V91Hr4&t=657s

i remember path of exile being the only thing that would reliably crash when i was messing around with gpu undervolts. argp's seem to do a number on gpu's

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO
Feb 5, 2001

CommunityEdition posted:

What does bottleneck performance in this game? Getting stuttering as soon as the intro cinematic, and it’s a bad feel.

Anecdotal, but this was my experience in terms of temps. Right column was max it hit during the game.

Haven't tried to rerun since earlier. Maybe CPU / single thread bottleneck but people who actually know this stuff can diagnose better.

GPU was hottish but ok. Running at 4k default (max?) for reference.

ARRGHPLEASENONONONO fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 21, 2024

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Not even close to prime time and they're already hitting 150k:

Think I'll go play offline for a few days.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

things seem to be clearing up

fingers crossed

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Gyoru posted:

things seem to be clearing up

fingers crossed

Thanks for this. I’m an absolute child leaving work early to play. When the situation degrades and people can’t log in again, I will accept full responsibility.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrbass21 posted:

Thanks for this. I’m an absolute child leaving work early to play. When the situation degrades and people can’t log in again, I will accept full responsibility.

Online play is still 100% down by the looks of it. Can't even get past character selection. So unless you plan on playing offline only there's no rush!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah if by clearing up you mean you just cant do online at all sure

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

explosivo posted:

Online play is still 100% down by the looks of it. Can't even get past character selection. So unless you plan on playing offline only there's no rush!

If online works, I’ll do that, but I’m completely content to use offline for a while :)

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

I am in game for the first time. Online mode. Finally something cleared up it seems.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I still get online not available or stuck in connecting

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Just about done with work, everything still hosed?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

It let me online but then I couldnt zone.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

theshim posted:

Just about done with work, everything still hosed?

so hosed

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mrbass21 posted:

You no good son of a bitch!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Discord posted:

Stability is improving but we're nervous to say we're in the clear yet. We're still monitoring and looking for ways to ensure stability maintains

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Still having issues connecting to Online here, it's just sitting there forever like it was earlier.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I got online on my literal first try, didn't realize there was a problem, then I logged off to make a new character with a different name and now I can't get back on lol. Wasted my luck!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Here's a possibly stupid question, is there a reason to have the default "swing your weapon" skill on your hotbar? It seems like you should be making GBS threads skills out all the time.

Also what is the purpose of the uh, movement icon (?) between that right click/right trigger attack and the rest of your abilities?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

GrandpaPants posted:

Here's a possibly stupid question, is there a reason to have the default "swing your weapon" skill on your hotbar? It seems like you should be making GBS threads skills out all the time.

Also what is the purpose of the uh, movement icon (?) between that right click/right trigger attack and the rest of your abilities?

Some classes (ie casters) perform a bit better for the first few levels by picking up any random 2h weapon that drops and auto attacking with it (which is an arc attack) instead of using their default skills which only hit one target. Beyond that, no I don't think there's ever a reason to use a default weapon attack for the rest of the game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

No, I don't even know why Basic Attack exists.

It's bugged, normally you should be able to bind Mouse 1 to an Ability or to Move

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm into the mainframe!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So for the folks that have had time to play and put some hours into the alpha/beta....how does 1.0 play and feel? Are the graphical updates legit? Does combat feel and sound better?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I managed to get in but cant enter the starting town lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It definitely looks better and feels smoother in my highly subjective opinion

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'm in!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Tarnop posted:

It definitely looks better and feels smoother in my highly subjective opinion

Yup. Played offline for a bit and got a Paladin unlocked. It's definitely looking and feeling better to play.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Played a bit offline, got through the Keepers' Vault, NPC I need to talk to in the next area is uninteractable.

10/10.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

If you press H there's a refer-a-friend thing to get a bee pet. idk if maybe people want to post their codes here and we can get bee friends for people.

Mine is Breckmoney

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Anno posted:

If you press H there's a refer-a-friend thing to get a bee pet. idk if maybe people want to post their codes here and we can get bee friends for people.

Mine is Breckmoney

sent - rafikki is mine

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

rafikki posted:

sent - rafikki is mine

Sent

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

rafikki posted:

sent - rafikki is mine

sent - Iznogood is mine

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Iznogood posted:

sent - Iznogood is mine

Was able to launch the game, create a character in SSF and play through to the starting town without any issues at all. New starting area is nice and didn't notice any lag or difference from previously playing offline other than seeing other people in the town. 4th level and didn't try to continue beyond as I'm still working.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Iznogood posted:

sent - Iznogood is mine

sent - Cazaam is mine

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

So for the folks that have had time to play and put some hours into the alpha/beta....how does 1.0 play and feel? Are the graphical updates legit? Does combat feel and sound better?

from my time offline with rogue, the model updates seem pretty robust and moving/clicking on skills feels better across the board; some of the skill effects are the same but everything seemed to get a punch-up sound wise at minimum; all the area updates with the new scene lighting effects look really good as well, and the new enemy models are cool and less stiff.

I havent hit some of the areas like the tundra and lagon's island that tended to have bad optimization in the past but so far everything seems improved

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CubicalSucrose posted:

sent - Cazaam is mine

Sent - mine is explosivo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

explosivo posted: