Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The most important part of the Senator is the twirl you do whenever you draw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Gatling Sentry - the Machine Gun Sentry right before this is a trap

The machine gun turret kills stuff just as good as the gatling does unless you're getting super overrun, but lasts longer.

In fact taking both of them on some missions is very good because it means you almost always have at least one turret up, sometimes both even if you stagger them. It is absolutely not a trap.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Let's see how the game is doing tonight on PS5

Ah, 10003001, yes

Ah, servers at capacity

Boy am I sure glad Rebirth is out in a week and I no longer have to give a poo poo about trying to play this

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Boy am I sure glad Rebirth is out in a week and I no longer have to give a poo poo about trying to play this

Why wait?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
You've sulked way more than three times dude your commitment to the bit is weak

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It does suck, but we all own this game forever, it's not getting any less fun while we wait, and the problems will be ironed out in an eyeblink in the grand scheme of things.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I guess the stupid quickplay trick worked and I could join randoms again

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Got 3 games before crashing tonight. 2 bugs and my first robot game. The bots are so much more sinister feeling. I came in on a level 3 bots one to try it out, the host turned the difficulty way up and we crashed on the way in :(

Also I don't know if it's good, but the laser is fun as gently caress

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Some people on reddit have suggested turning off discord hardware acceleration and then global illumination and anti aliasing in the helldivers game settings to reduce crashing. I havent been able to play since reading that but maybe some of you crash prone folks can try it out. I just wanna helldive...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

triple sulk posted:

Ah, 10003001, yes

Ah, servers at capacity

I'm also glad

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

DarkDobe posted:

Sorry but neither of these are super niche unless that niche is 'the most versatile kill-everything weapons in the game'
Yes the RR benefits from a buddy to reload. No it is not mandatory - reloading yourself is perfectly viable. The Railgun just kills everything in the game - period.
Your list is otherwise good especially for entry level stuff. The Eagle Airstrike is bar none the best calldown in the game - it kills everything, including buildings, and you get multiple uses out of it on a short reload cycle.

This goon is not wrong, Always Basic Eagle

victrix posted:

Who was badmouthing the Senator, show yourselves cowards

This thing rules, hand cannon 4life

My issue is it cannot clear trash fast enough, not that it isn't good at shooting.

idiotsavant posted:

lol i literally said eagle strafe + air strike + eat/GL/amr + precision strike two posts above you? which is like, a level 5 loadout that you can run up to difficulty 6-7. Don't even need to bother with the autocannon or turrets, swap the precision strike out for a laser drone backpack when you hit level 10 and the strafe out for cluster bomb and you can run that setup until you hit 20

Turrets are great for like 6 and below, when standing your ground doesn't get too (:v:) crazy. It's also nice in solo to drop and let it aggro the mobs so you can continue the mission. A long as you don't got any heavies running at you, the gatling will do a lot of work.

BeAuMaN posted:

Late reply since this thread moves fast: Someone in the discord mentioned doing Blitz missions at Level 7. The idea is that they're relatively short (14 minute timer?), the map area is smaller and there's one guaranteed ultra rare/buttplug rock (the one with silver veins running through it).

Ran 4 blitzes... this seemed to be mostly true, but also those 14 minutes are the most stressful 14 minutes.

Also something to keep in mind: If a person carrying samples survives until the end of the mission but doesn't get on the shuttle, the samples are still collected. However, at least one player MUST get on the shuttle for any samples to be collected, or no samples will be collected.

So for blitz, your goal is to get the super samples and make sure at least one person gets on the shuttle. If the person holding the super samples is on the ground (living) when the timer ends then it's all good. This can happen where you clear enough bug holes but you still haven't found the super sample, so you might have two people at the landing area while 2 people are fanning the map looking for that drat super sample rock.

Also something someone pointed out: Drop samples at the dropship area before the mission ends if you plan on loving off to look for the super sample or get the last bug holes to clear the mission. On PC this is the x button that pulls up a radial, select samples, then let the x key go.

100% this, just leave the samples on the evac site, worry about it when its time to leave

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

wilderthanmild posted:

Got 3 games before crashing tonight. 2 bugs and my first robot game. The bots are so much more sinister feeling. I came in on a level 3 bots one to try it out, the host turned the difficulty way up and we crashed on the way in :(

Also I don't know if it's good, but the laser is fun as gently caress

Which laser? Cuz they're both sub-optimal but gently caress it , pew pew them bugs/robots

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Which laser? Cuz they're both sub-optimal but gently caress it , pew pew them bugs/robots

The over the shoulder support weapon one you can get at lowish level.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Risky Bisquick posted:

Always Basic Eagle

Isn't the "Basic Eagle" technically the strafing run? :v:

I wish the strafing run was better. Bombs are great, but BRRRRRRRRTTTTT is its own kind of satisfying. Its weird you only get 3 (unupgraded) uses of that vs 4 of cluster bombs, even though the clusters bombs are much more devestating.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Draupnir needs your help, would you like to know more?

https://i.imgur.com/YohPkLj.mp4

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Dream of the Regime just sitting there staring at me, right at the start.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wish the strafing run was better. Bombs are great, but BRRRRRRRRTTTTT is its own kind of satisfying. Its weird you only get 3 (unupgraded) uses of that vs 4 of cluster bombs, even though the clusters bombs are much more devestating.

The strafing run is great for "I have so many trash bugs coming at me!"

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Risky Bisquick posted:

Draupnir needs your help, would you like to know more?

https://i.imgur.com/YohPkLj.mp4

Looks like W3 in particular over there really needs your help

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

wilderthanmild posted:

The strafing run is great for "I have so many trash bugs coming at me!"

I feel like a space A-10 gun run should be able to gently caress up at least medium armor. Let it shred Chargers and poo poo.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I specifically use the air strike, the cluster bomb is okay too. Air strike specifically can wipe nests and factories very, very nicely

wilderthanmild posted:

Looks like W3 in particular over there really needs your help

It’s not me In the video, but it looks like he’s a lost cause so continue to the evac site. We must complete the objectives for democracy, evac afterwards is optional :v:

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 22, 2024

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

1stGear posted:

The most important part of the Senator is the twirl you do whenever you draw it.

It has a separate reload animation if you're carrying the SSD in the other hand

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Looking for some advice on what to buy next, I've got available to buy:

Flamethrower

Orbital 380MM HE, Orbital Walking Barrage, Orbital Laser

Eagle Cluster Bomb, Jump Pack, Eagle Smoke Strike, Eagle 110MM Rocket Pods, Eagle 500KG Bomb

Orbital Smoke Strike, HMG Emplacement, Shield Generator Relay, Tesla Tower

Laser Cannon, Incendiary Mines, Guard Dog Rover, Ballistic Shield, Arc Thrower

Mortar Sentry, Guard Dog, AC Sentry, Rocket Sentry

I have 25156 Req, everything else is either too high level or i already have it... TIA!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

triple sulk posted:

Ah, 10003001, yes

Ah, servers at capacity

as stated before the queue is for the masses, highly democratic citizens itt can choose the quickplay card on the PS5 system menu and bypass it

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yoshimo posted:

Flamethrower

Eagle Cluster Bomb, Jump Pack, Eagle Smoke Strike, Eagle 110MM Rocket Pods, Eagle 500KG Bomb

I have 25156 Req, everything else is either too high level or i already have it... TIA!

whatever looks cool in the preview vids

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yoshimo posted:

Flamethrower

Orbital laser, 500kg bomb, guard dog rover, rocket sentry are all good picks. It depends on what you like and how your ship upgrades are progressing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah buy whatever is cool. Don't listen to anyone saying 380s and 120s are poo poo. There's nothing poo poo about shooting naval cannons from a spaceship in orbit.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Yoshimo posted:

Flamethrower

I don't know if it's actually good, but the Laser Cannon is fun as heck on medium.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yoshimo posted:

Flamethrower

My picks would be Cluster Bomb > Orbital Laser > Mortar Sentry > 500kg > HMG Emplacement > Guard Dog > everything else

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i still think the most consistently satisfying thing in the game for me is doing a last second orbital railcannon strike on a charger that is 10 feet away from running me down then watching in fresh astonishment as its husk ragdolls over my head and into a ravine behind

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Yoshimo posted:

Flamethrower

IMO Cluster Bomb, 110mm Rocket Pods, 500KG Bomb, Guard Dog Rover, Mortar Sentries are the best picks of that selection.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So 3 of my friends and I were running suicidal missions last night and they were using an interesting tactic: no support weapon strategems. It was pretty dang viable. Though it also helped that I brought a 2nd support weapon stratagem to feed them EATs, but with some coordination, between picking up stuff you find in game, survivingnand/or scavenging from dead squadmates, you could potentially squeeze in an extra 2-3 strategem slots per squad by sharing stuff, rather than each person bringing their backpack and support weapon

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Waroduce posted:

What is the endgame loop of Helldivers? Are there like raids or under leveled time trials or right now it's just do the missions on the hardest difficulty

I think the endgame is to reach the enemy homeworlds and Liberate them. Max level divers provide the most to the liberation meters

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Did we not get a daily 15 medal mission today or is it hugged again?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lol that my friends and i on psn were able to get in the game after over an hour of waiting and then can't join each other, amazing.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

JBP posted:

Yeah buy whatever is cool. Don't listen to anyone saying 380s and 120s are poo poo. There's nothing poo poo about shooting naval cannons from a spaceship in orbit.

:yeah:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i mean if you like just watching explosions happen that don't kill any bad guys do you, the rest of us can take the ones that have huge explosions and also kill bad guys

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i mean if you like just watching explosions happen that don't kill any bad guys do you, the rest of us can take the ones that have huge explosions and also kill bad guys

Waiting for them to put the 18" gun in to really have some firepower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The 380 feels like a stratagem for when you are either alone and running, or are passing by big base and feel like coming back later and just dropping arty on it as you walk by