Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Looks like the free Herrscher of Sentience event ended a month ago too so I'll probably continue ignoring the game. Someone will make a recap video if HI3 lore becomes more relevant for HSR or GI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Genovera posted:

I know it's beating a dead horse but there's no thread yet for HI3 part 2 yet right? Someone really ought to make one if it's launching in a week.

Why bother? We already have this thread and the genshin thread to talk about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

padijun posted:

Why bother? We already have this thread and the genshin thread to talk about it
is this sarcastic

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

managed to get the right rng and finally got the kill 8 trotters in hunt, and get 12 happiness in swarm the other day.

now for the hell rng ones..

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Getting Black Swan when goiing for 4 stars, and I have zero Kafkas or Sampos is pain

Good news she works great with Gui. I've been running Gepard/Ruan Mei/Black Swan/Gui and they melt stuff amazingly.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

is this sarcastic

No, because it might cause more people to play hi3

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

In a lot of games the opposite of this becomes true, where new characters simply outclass older characters at the same job. We've seen some inklings of this already in Star Rail, even - compare Ruan Mei to the older supports - it's just that the content isn't hard enough to disqualify the older characters.

Genshin managed to mostly avoid this (if anything it had an opposite issue where some of its release 4*s were too strong in ways that developers didn't seem to anticipate - like Bennett and Xingqiu), with the closest equivalent being some of the later dendro interaction teams (and those generally aren't reliant on specific limited characters, except maybe Nahida).

I don't think anything was ever released that made a character like Hu Tao (a pretty early 5*) seem weak in comparison, for example. Similarly, I'll be surprised if Star Rail has any main DPS come out in the next couple years that are drastically stronger than DHIL or Jingliu.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ugh. I went to YouTube and searched for Hinkai 3rd Impact anniversary since that was what was talked about and I saw that bunny girl music/dance video. (And apparently there are bunny girl skin for sale too?)

Yeah nah, when a game go all in excessive fan service, I'm dipping out. Not interested at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Ugh. I went to YouTube and searched for Hinkai 3rd Impact anniversary since that was what was talked about and I saw that bunny girl music/dance video. (And apparently there are bunny girl skin for sale too?)

Yeah nah, when a game go all in excessive fan service, I'm dipping out. Not interested at all.
well if it helps that stuff all got removed after someone tried to stab the CEO of mihoyo over it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NeonPunk posted:

bunny girls are goated, op

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Endorph posted:

well if it helps that stuff all got removed after someone tried to stab the CEO of mihoyo over it

Oh no. I never knew that 😳

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

padijun posted:

No, because it might cause more people to play hi3

If your goal is to get more goons interested in HI3, I think it would be far more effective to have a place where they can actually find more discussion about it. Clogging up this thread doesn't do them any favors either.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

Genshin managed to mostly avoid this (if anything it had an opposite issue where some of its release 4*s were too strong in ways that developers didn't seem to anticipate - like Bennett and Xingqiu), with the closest equivalent being some of the later dendro interaction teams (and those generally aren't reliant on specific limited characters, except maybe Nahida).

I don't think anything was ever released that made a character like Hu Tao (a pretty early 5*) seem weak in comparison, for example. Similarly, I'll be surprised if Star Rail has any main DPS come out in the next couple years that are drastically stronger than DHIL or Jingliu.

The real power creep is the supports. The dps characters are only about 10% extra damage on average, with DHIL and Jingliu still on top.

NeonPunk posted:

Dude. I complain about fanservice sometimes, but I think you're playing the wrong genre.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Genovera posted:

If your goal is to get more goons interested in HI3, I think it would be far more effective to have a place where they can actually find more discussion about it. Clogging up this thread doesn't do them any favors either.

Yeah, I'm sorry, I tried but the big lore posts are just impenetrable. And even the more concise Honkai news that gets dropped here like check out the new character banner is just confusing because it's for a different game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I like the HI3 lore dumps, but I think I'm in the minority. It's nice to hear about a tangentially related game that I'll never play.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

just make a HI2 topic starter, abandon it, and never show up again, so they can go there

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Just ban all discussion of HI3 and Genshin from the thread. Easier that way.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Genshin thread was able to put up with Honkai posting before this game came out so I don't really see why it's such a sore subject for people. If there are like ten paragraph diatribes about all the deep lore connections I guess that's annoying, but if people are just like hey there's something new happening in that kind of related game by the same company that doesn't seem so horrible to scroll past.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aside from the huge lore dumps earlier most HI3 posting as been breif so it's cool. And this game is more tied it than Genshin

As for a thread if people want to make one just post!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Most of the Honkai dumps in this thread happen when it's relevant to Star Rail. Like Otto when Luocha was introduced and Raiden Mei with Acheron. Or Ei? And that's why I like it, because it adds a bit of lore to characters that otherwise I wouldn't care much about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054817

here

its fine to talk about honkai impact when its relevant to this game but getting too much into specifics is w/e

also at this point there have been more discussions about making a thread for it than actual discussions about impact itself

if someone makes a more detailed OP ill edit the OP it was just annoying seeing people go in circles about making a thread all day

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Enough about Honkai Impact, tell me which Star Rail characters are lefties. Ruan Mei, who else?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sampo, obviously

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

Enough about Honkai Impact, tell me which Star Rail characters are lefties. Ruan Mei, who else?
Qingque seems to be a lefty?

stance with left hand ready to throw

holding tile in left hand

throwing with left

and i think kafka's ambidextrous, she switches her swordhand between her basic attack and her skill

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Fu Xuan. Her two finger basic attack is done with her left hand.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

going through everyone, i think the lefties are qingque, tingyun, ruan mei, fu xuan, and black swan? tingyun's always holding her fan in her left hand and poses with it as such, fu xuan as mentioned does all her pointing with her left hand, and black swan always seems to have her tarot cards in her left, not her right

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
5 out of 46 characters is pretty close to statistical average. That's really nice to see, actually, as a left-hander myself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

especially since i think the only left handed characters in genshin are furina and kaveh?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

holding tile in left hand

that's her right hand op

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Zokari posted:

that's her right hand op

Shocking if true

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zokari posted:

that's her right hand op
please be patient. i have autism.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

going through everyone, i think the lefties are qingque, tingyun, ruan mei, fu xuan, and black swan? tingyun's always holding her fan in her left hand and poses with it as such, fu xuan as mentioned does all her pointing with her left hand, and black swan always seems to have her tarot cards in her left, not her right

I appreciate this. I'm gonna speculate Aventurine is also a lefty because he wears his watch on the right arm.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

when harmony character that buffs characters that are left handed

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Personally waiting for the Harmony that takes a cue from Paine in DFFOO (RIP) and provides different buffs to allies on their left vs their right.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Dungeon Fighter Fighter Online Online

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Personally waiting for the Harmony that takes a cue from Paine in DFFOO (RIP) and provides different buffs to allies on their left vs their right.

i can barely remember to not put low hp peeps next to people with high targeting chances this would be a disaster for me every two weeks as i forgot how such a mechanic works

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zokari posted:

that's her right hand op

ok whew I wasnt sure if I was the high one or if that guy was

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Porque no los dos?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’m actually kind of glad I got Gepard’s LC on standard now. I was having trouble in MoC with the ape and putting March in the team using that LC she face tanked so much damage. She’s not even built all that well - last patch I took her from early game build which was like lvl 60 to 75 and her traces now are only a mix of 6-7 and put some garbage (but on set) relics in her, but she’s already saved my rear end effectively with that low investment. Now I want to properly build her and see how much more she can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Any idea what kind of planar/relic set Aventurine is gonna want?