Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mailer posted:

So, uh, did they actually make a Diablo-inspired game while simultaneously giving it a control scheme that doesn't allow you to use mouse1 like every other game? Is there some other option to turn mouse1 into move/interact and attack or did this go five years unnoticed?

It's a new bug to 1.0. it was working before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

My falcon is faster than me, stronger than me, and better than me at target priority.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

must be a regional thing? just logged into USW with no queue or problems

Yeah I moved from the est to cst and got in. I thought the characters might be server time zone specific.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What the heck, you still can’t compare both rings?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

TyrantWD posted:

I only got to play up to level 8 before errors prevented me from going any further. As far as launches go this is as bad as D3- which until now was the gold standard of disastrous launches.

The fact that the devs were so confident that they were over prepared, only for things to go wrong almost immediately doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence for the future of the game. Given how relatively small the changes were from 0.92 to 1.0, I’m guessing the devs hit a wall and needed a big cash infusion from the launch to continue development. They will definitely have the money, and they will have some time (D4 probably doesn’t get good until expansion 2 at the earliest, and PoE2 is going to take a while to “reconcile” the devs vision with the players expectations). I really hope this doesn’t go the way of Wolcen.

As someone who's had some pretty terrible takes in the past, this is a really loving stupid post you just made.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

What a breathtakingly stupid take. I hopped on for about an hour and besides zone transitions sometimes taking 15-20 seconds everything worked smooth as all get out.

I hope all online games have as ‘disastrous’ of a launch as this one. Sheesh.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I had to turn on vsync for the game to stop getting choppy, other than that and my kid wanting to go play basketball for an hour at 6pm CST, it has been pretty smooth since this afternoon. Was a bit around 6pm where I couldn't enter the highlands, but since then smooth sailing.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Game worked, eventually, mostly. Finished chapter 1. Remembering how the game works from my original foray like a year ago. Seems good.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

I only got to play up to level 8 before errors prevented me from going any further. As far as launches go this is as bad as D3- which until now was the gold standard of disastrous launches.

The fact that the devs were so confident that they were over prepared, only for things to go wrong almost immediately doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence for the future of the game. Given how relatively small the changes were from 0.92 to 1.0, I’m guessing the devs hit a wall and needed a big cash infusion from the launch to continue development. They will definitely have the money, and they will have some time (D4 probably doesn’t get good until expansion 2 at the earliest, and PoE2 is going to take a while to “reconcile” the devs vision with the players expectations). I really hope this doesn’t go the way of Wolcen.

none of this post makes any sense at all. congratulsaiton.

Mailer posted:

So, uh, did they actually make a Diablo-inspired game while simultaneously giving it a control scheme that doesn't allow you to use mouse1 like every other game? Is there some other option to turn mouse1 into move/interact and attack or did this go five years unnoticed?

no they didnt but also if you use left click as anything but force move youre an idiot

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
suddenly cant see or pick up items on the ground.

server issue or did I push some stupid button that hosed things up?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

suddenly cant see or pick up items on the ground.

server issue or did I push some stupid button that hosed things up?

press z

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game is so freaking good. I mean the Early Access was always really promising and fun, but all of the changes over the year made the game better and better. Really enjoying 1.0 launch a lot.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hauki posted:

press z

ah, there it is. The default was alt+Z but that was triggering some nvidia overlay or something so it wasn't working until i rebound it

thanks man

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This game is so freaking good. I mean the Early Access was always really promising and fun, but all of the changes over the year made the game better and better. Really enjoying 1.0 launch a lot.

Agreed, I have a lot of faith in them to just keep improving it with the years. Think of how good/bad POE was in its infancy, and look at where it is now. These devs will go far.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
Played for a couple of hours, and had a blast. Not following any guides and playing my best Star Wars Emperor fantasy with a lightning mage.

I loved D4 at the beginning, so I’ll just keep having fun and wait for the other shoe to drop.

I also didn’t do offline mode and tried online and had no trouble. Maybe being really close in the Dallas area helped, but if you couldn’t get in or experienced issues, I want you to know:

I absolutely am responsible for it. No Ragrets.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
managed to play for quite awhile tonight pretty smoothly minus some long zone transitions. Trying out runemaster for the first time and its very fun, they did a good job with this class I think. Leveling with the big fireball combo and it feels suuuuper punchy

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Is there a place that gives an overview of what the point of each mastery is in a way that would help me build towards the strengths of the masteries without having to study the skill/passive tree of every mastery and w/o tunnel visioning by reading about other peoples' builds?

I mean, I know I can look at summaries in wikis and such but ARPGs always have what the developers say and what people figure out about classes, I wanna know the latter.

Edit: I discovered the icons next to each skill, making it way easier to figure out where to optimize, so I think I'm set. I'm curious how many PoE-level "hidden synergies" this game can end up having, though.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 22, 2024

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Didn't get to play much before my break was over but aside from going to town taking a go-get-another-drink amount of time it seemed to hold up. Super low latency to the AU servers was good.

I also get the impact/feel argument now. Animations to register hits on mobs would be good. I wasn't even sure Wandering Spirit did anything until I used it in isolation and watched for numbers.

bamhand posted:

It's a new bug to 1.0. it was working before.

That'd explain it, danke.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Basically stuck on the starting area loading screen after making my character. Tried restarting a bunch but the internet says wait so Ill just leave it on and wait. Been 15 mins tho

EricAndreLETMEIN.gif

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
server load is based on region, so if you're playing during a more "prime" time locally, you may want to swap to another region

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hitting my first area that has significant differences from early access and I'm pretty impressed by it -- they did a good job making the surface areas in the ruined era and the cultists there creepier and more interesting.

Estel
May 4, 2010
Used one of the referrals coded posted here, here is mine to get some bees Estel

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So did they fix the unplayable online lag or is it even worse now?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Estel posted:

Used one of the referrals coded posted here, here is mine to get some bees Estel

I hit your code. Would be lovely if people would do mine: PapaNovember

Thanks!

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

MMF Freeway posted:

managed to play for quite awhile tonight pretty smoothly minus some long zone transitions. Trying out runemaster for the first time and its very fun, they did a good job with this class I think. Leveling with the big fireball combo and it feels suuuuper punchy

yeah doing this and it's some of the most fun I've had in an arpg in a minute

kirby fire dash in the middle of a bunch of monsters, drop a giant fireball is amazingly satisfying

Jack Trades posted:

So did they fix the unplayable online lag or is it even worse now?

played for like 4 hours tonight and other than zone switches sometimes taking like 30+ sec, there wasn't any lag at all

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ojetor posted:

played for like 4 hours tonight and other than zone switches sometimes taking like 30+ sec, there wasn't any lag at all

So they haven't fixed anything then.

Is it even worse in coop, just like before?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Played it multiplayer with my brother for hours today. Loading screens were kind of a coin-flip whether they'd work or not, but everything else was smooth.

Edit: I mean, sometimes the loading screens went quick and easy, other times they did not. Which at least implies that it can be reduced and isn't baked in somehow.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Also, Acid Flask somehow ended up my most powerful move at level 30-ish so I specced the falcon to throw even more of them.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

My falcon is faster than me, stronger than me, and better than me at target priority.

Better looking, too

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

#6689 in queue and it hasnt moved in minutes. Might as well just leaving this open while I go to training and hope its logged in when i get home.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nice game so far, fully offline is normal for me if available. :D

Just farting around with different classes atm.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Well I got through to getting my mastery and a bit after that. Couldn't remember the respec penalties so didn't level up Rip Blood for like 17 levels and never picked a second spec. Sold a lot of stuff I probably should have kept. Guessed right on the 50/50 and then sold my Avarice. Just gonna call that one a learner character. :v:

Warlock is very cool, though! Is there a point where I should start burning crafting mats? Upgrades 1-19 weren't super frequent but they happened.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I just tried to log in to EU West, got Error LE-51. Tried again and it worked, but for some reason there was a lvl 53 HC Beastmaster in my char list, with the exact same name as my real char. Restarted the game and everything works as it should without error but I absolutely do not like what I just saw.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I think somebody left a save in the patch update because I also got a lv53 beastmaster on hard-core that I've never played before

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Mailer posted:

Warlock is very cool, though! Is there a point where I should start burning crafting mats? Upgrades 1-19 weren't super frequent but they happened.
Mats are fairly easy to farm except a few of the right ones (forgot the names, one is the one that makes any item unique) so as soon as you start homing in on a build you want to try out, there's no reason to not tweak some gear for it.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
140k players in the game and West EU zoning has stopped working for me. Back to the log files guys!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Woke up early thinking I could play a bit but still getting the failed to matchmake zoning error :(

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

I am sorry I must be pretty dumb but where the gently caress do I find the gift they gave us last night for all the fuckups? Am I supposed to claim it somehow?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'm happy for the LE devs. It's not 1:1 because PoE has its own launcher that many people use, but LE has a similar amount of people on steam playing as PoE pulls on steam for a league start. LE has come a long ways and has always had a very clear vision behind it, so it's nice to see it doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy poo poo the zone changing take for loving ever.