Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Skios posted:

Gary Markstein

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Down with democracy
Autocracy Day one
Rules! Dictator!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Yeah, about that...

Staluigi posted:

i have been watching the trucker boycott poo poo happening from the inside, which is wild, because specific trucker communities (the angry white ones that constantly piss about how pakis are stealing all their jerbs and washing they feets at the love's bathroom sink) are sometimes just the dumbest hillbilly chud poo poo you ever heard

it goes as follows

- ANY NEWS ON THE NEW YORK TRUCKER BOYCOTT FELLAS HOWS IT GOING

- uh nothing's up and commercial traffic is pretty much normal

- yeah i just got two loads out of newark and

- WELL O COURSE THEY WOULDN'T REPORT ON IT IN THE NEWS AND SCARE PEOPLE. SILENT REVOLUTION

- no im at a transfer center in queens right now and the company truckers are still running full capacity and

- FOX NEWS TALKED ABOUT IT. THEM FOLKS IN NYC BETTER GET READY FOR poo poo TO GET REAL

- every company driver here got full dry vans going into the city today what are you talking about

- TRUMP

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I've only known a few truckers but not a one of them was the sort to refuse work and pay to make some kind of point. It's like how the "trucker" convoy in Canada was like, a few dozen truckers who refused to get the vaccination they needed to cross the border and the rest were just a whole bunch of idiots who showed up in pick ups and SUVs because they were collecting CERB at the time instead of working.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Likewise, the "trucker convoy" down to 'fix' the border a month ago was entirely SUVs, RVs, and cars without a rig in sight.

Because again, the Venn diagram of 'people who can take two months off and afford to drive half-way across the country' and 'truckers' is two separate circles; but the Venn diagram of 'people who can take two months off and afford to drive half-way across the country and have angry angry opinions about brown people' and 'people who drive an RV or SUV and think that makes them a 'trucker'' is just a circle

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 21, 2024

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I'm just amused that they keep trying to organize collective action while also trying to make collective action illegal.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

There was also the much-ballyhooed trucker barricade of DC two years ago, which accomplished nothing but marginally slowing down traffic on the Beltway further and pissing off a bunch of drivers.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

As a Canadian who worked at customer end of trucking during the Canadian trucker convoy? It was the same way. We had weirdos driving by the depot and honking in "support," but the trucks still came in full as hell and we were busy working and continuing to do what we were all doing. Surreal.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s message for British farmers – In his address to the National Farmers Union, Rishi Sunak has pledged to ‘change the culture’ in government around agriculture"

Telegraph:

"British farming must be protected" After Gainsborough.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Post Office chief lied about dismissal, Kemi Badenoch claims

Evening Standard:

Trident: Second nuclear test failure forces Government to defend deterrent

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Coles and Woolworths make their defence on supermarket prices to Senate inquiry (ABC).
The tactics Coles and Woolworths use to maintain their power over Australia's grocery market (ABC).

Rowe:

Woolworths CEO Brad Banducci announces departure days after walking out of Four Corners interview (ABC).

Wilcox:

Knight:

Spooner:

Alternative theory on Banducci's departure from Woolworths: it was all because they refused to sell flag encrusted poo poo for Australia Day. :argh:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Nationalize the grocers. Fix prices to income.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Edit:
New Kelly
https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1760450584782549453?t=iBxwI3AkTSV2c9zVmpN_NA&s=19

the_steve fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 22, 2024

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Peters

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Ward Sutton - Happy President's Day!

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I hate Rivers and don’t want him to get any credit for it, but that melted Garrison Keillor dude refusing sex to instead eat some cheerios is legit funny.

The dumb conspiracy poo poo sometimes crosses over into accidental dadaism.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not Slippin’ Jimmy! :ohdear:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Love that every conservative toon about Trump in court is "WEAPONIZED JUSTICE" and "LAWFARE" because they can't address whether Trump actually did those things, just the vague notion that laws don't apply so who cares anyway.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

We get it Kirschen, you love fascism.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
10am: FOR DOING WHAT
Noon: FOR DOING WHAT

Do you guys think Payne's perfectly aware of the false equivalences he makes with such regularity or is he just that dumb? I'm leaning the former since it seems like he knew to specifically avoid using "persecute" there, dude at least knows vocabulary pretty well. The old malice/incompetence rules seem to be applying less these days.

(that or my opinion's changed now that we know the Iraq War really was malice)

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 22, 2024

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Islamic Shock posted:

Do you guys think Payne's perfectly aware of the false equivalences he makes with such regularity or is he just that dumb? I'm leaning the former since it seems like he knew to specifically avoid using "persecute" there, dude at least knows vocabulary pretty well. The old malice/incompetence rules seem to be applying less these days.

(that or my opinion's changed now that we know the Iraq War really was malice)

Did something new came out about the Iraq war?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Hunt11 posted:

Did something new came out about the Iraq war?
Nah just took me too long to learn about it

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Islamic Shock posted:

Yeah, once again it's "his political opponent is being prosecuted!!!" with no engagement over whether the charges are, yknow, true. It's literally just that if your opponent faces any legal action, it must be unfair, and also, you did it. Guilt has nothing to do with it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Fishman shouldn't be talking like that about Tinsley.

Firstly because it could be him next, secondly because it should be drink, not food.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies nomination: Worst caricature. I'm guessing that's supposed to be Kamala Harris?

A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

So you agree America should take a stronger stance in Ukraine's defence, right Tom? Right?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Putin didn't do whatever he wanted while Trump was in office?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Me reading any Prickly City:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I'd love to hear Branco's definition of 'globalism' that doesn't immediately get real racist, homophobic, or antisemitic.

But then again he'd struggle to provide a definition of 'bread' that doesn't get like that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Skios posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst caricature. I'm guessing that's supposed to be Kamala Harris?

Michael Ramirez

Yeah, Gorrel's outdone himself on laziness with the famous gray hair and stark white skin of Kamala.

It's a shame when Ramirez draws something nice given the rest of what makes him Ramirez.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

So you agree America should take a stronger stance in Ukraine's defence, right Tom? Right?

Even by Stiglich's standards, this is really drat shameless when the Trump and the GOP is sabotaging Ukraine's defense, and elements of the party are openly supportive of Putin.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't know if there's a category for 'most opposite of reality', but that cartoon would win it. Not too long ago, Trump literally said that Putin could do whatever he wanted to countries that don't contribute enough to NATO.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Love the sadness shading lol

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Guavanaut posted:

I'd love to hear Branco's definition of 'globalism' that doesn't immediately get real racist, homophobic, or antisemitic.

But then again he'd struggle to provide a definition of 'bread' that doesn't get like that.

Nailing down an exact definition of "globalist" either comes down to "anyone I don't like" or "Jews", and I'm pretty sure with Branco it's the first one.

Like don't get me wrong, his answer's still gonna be bigoted as gently caress because he doesn't like other races, LGBT people, or Jews. But I don't think he's the type to pick up on the "crypto" part of cryptofascism so he just takes everything at face value. His caveman-level bigotry never coalesces into any grand narrative. Globalism is when a black guy punches a white guy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I think in this instance it's a nod to "I like Trump, Trump says he'll close the border, everyone who isn't Trump wants a fully open border where 5 million people illegally arrive and give all our stuff to France" or something.

So still lovely and xenophobic, but not as conspiratorial as e.g. Ben Garrison's "WEF wants me to eat kosher locusts" nor as stupid and convoluted as anything Tatsuya Ishida is thinking of writing this week.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies nomination: Most Opposite of Reality.

I think this might be a slam dunk for the win.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted.

It's Varvel, so you're obviously supposed to see this as a bad thing happening to Trump, but, it's so abridged that it's more a case of "Yes, that's generally how the legal process goes."

He completely fails to make his point that it's a sham trial or anything like that.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

idonotlikepeas posted:

tom dover got really lovely in his old age

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

actually i prefer noh theatre

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Joe Biden and Rishi Sunak asleep on their watch as Gaza is destroyed – The US and the UK continue to rely on the west’s rules-based international order to end the humanitarian catastrophe"

Telegraph:

British nuclear missile 'misfires and crashes into ocean'

Matt:

Independent:

UK Parliament is in turmoil after a debate over a Gaza cease-fire raised fears for lawmakers' safety

Times:

Prince William issues Gaza plea for a permanent peace

Evening Standard:

Commons Speaker’s position appears untenable after Gaza vote chaos – Yousaf

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump is a horse's rear end. AGC.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

World Famous W posted:

tom dover got really lovely in his old age

I thought about making a comment like this but figured the source material was too obscure. Glad someone else thought it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
the dover boys cheering on as someone missile strikes backslide's cabin to 'rescue' dora inside