Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sticky Nate posted:

Punk is among his people now (people out with injury for nine months)

he’s really bummed to hang out with cora jade until november

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Collision-Era Punk was very clearly not as good as pre-Brawl Out Punk, who was unironically the best loving wrestler in the company, but he still had some really good matches with Joe and Ricky and some really fun multi-man tags and that match with Kojima with the gif you're all fuckin' obsessed with.

The stuff that was fun about Punk-era Collision was that there was a lot of interwoven storylines and there was fewer people on the show (because there was only so many people in the company that Punk could stand/could stand him :lol:) so all of the matches and promos got a lot more time to breathe and you had these really long main events that used their time very well. It just felt like a very carefully considered, planned out show with a lot of good, hard-hitting wrestling when Dynamite, even at its best, had a much more frenetic pace where stuff rarely had time to sink in but specifically at that time was increasingly becoming stupid grab-rear end nonsense.

Nowadays Dynamite is back to actually being good and Collision has retained most of what was good about the Punk era with the slower pace and longer matches but actually using more of the roster. But that first era of Collision was basically the only thing worth watching at the time if you weren't hooting and hollering at OWIE HOT SAUCE KANGAROO KICK 🤣

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

talent relations: punk threw a tempy and now 2/3 of the locker room want nothing to do with him, what should we do
tony: give him his own show
tr:
tony: and let him decide who gets in the building
tr:
tony: oh and let him veto spots too

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CM Punk Collision bring unique or special is placebo effect

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the Young Bucks are responsible for Ric Flair getting permanently written off of AEW TV tonight, I'll forsake Punk and forever dedicate myself to the California Cabal.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

CM Punk Collision bring unique or special is placebo effect

Nah it was good

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
not only should tony have fired jungle boy and the young bucks and hangman and kenny and colt cabana and jon moxley and pentagon (too spooky for punk), tony should have let punk fire him as well. send tony home until his attitude improves and he's good enough for collision

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

C. Everett Koop posted:

not only should tony have fired jungle boy and the young bucks and hangman and kenny and colt cabana and jon moxley and pentagon (too spooky for punk), tony should have let punk fire him as well. send tony home until his attitude improves and he's good enough for collision

alright now we're getting into the real poo poo, feed me more ryback style baby

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ric flair was one of the worst aew hires loving hell tony

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

jungle boy and jack perry split apart and are no longer the same being

undertaker vs undertaker proved this was a bad idea. glad no other company would ever be doing that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

cant argue with this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

If the Young Bucks are responsible for Ric Flair getting permanently written off of AEW TV tonight, I'll forsake Punk and forever dedicate myself to the California Cabal.

Okay it's looking like they're doing the actual exact opposite of this. Bung Cucks.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

KungFu Grip posted:

yeah, I dont care how much money the energy drink company pays, its not worth it. And the logos and cans on the desk just cheapen the show

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I will be beyond happy when Flair never shows up again. Or is dead that's fine too

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was talking to people over it but Flair's "promo" seemed borderline incomprehensible

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

I was talking to people over it but Flair's "promo" seemed borderline incomprehensible

he was crying about not being on tv more and said he's gonna weigh his options and then went into the bucks dressing room

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shard posted:

I Have No Punk, But I Must Punch

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Tonight's Dynamite had a real "most of the roster is stuck in a snowstorm" vibe.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Tonight's Dynamite had a real "most of the roster is stuck in a snowstorm" vibe.

they mentioned that a lot of the roster wasn't available on twitter. By they I mean Tony

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

they mentioned that a lot of the roster wasn't available on twitter. By they I mean Tony

really? did they mention why?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

big pile of crt tvs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ric Flair has died.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh wow i thought you were trolling lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

oh wow i thought you were trolling lol

This is crazy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cavauro posted:

Ric Flair has died.

But what a promo to go out on. RIP, King.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if ric flair is dead then he trugly screwed sting one last time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony was making a drug deal but it went wrong... he left the wrestlers behind in Colombia

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
ric flair compromised to a permanent end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW hiring writers… the feeling is gone again 😔

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW hiring writers… the feeling is gone again 😔

Anything is better than the slop Tiny’s been pushing lately

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

The swerve hangman Joe stuff has been amazing as has the Copeland Christian stuff. You've lost it my friend

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Apparently Pepperman was named in the lawsuit the writer filed against WWE gor their writers room being racist a while ago. Christ.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Apparently Pepperman was named in the lawsuit the writer filed against WWE gor their writers room being racist a while ago. Christ.

Didn't she drop that?

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Pylons posted:

Didn't she drop that?
What’s the point of this question?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gumball Gumption posted:

Watch any good matches lately?

i dont watch wrestling anymore so no

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Peanut President posted:

i dont watch wrestling anymore so no

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

C. Everett Koop posted:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
they should've given colt cabana cm punk's spot

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

keithy george posted:

What’s the point of this question?

It kinda seems relevant that the lawsuit in question was dropped by the person who filed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Shitload of Papes