Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

aledesma posted:

what is a raid recov? someone uses your account to do the raid?

Yep, the MLG Sweatlord beats it for the guy who sucks at the game on their account so they get raid loot. They charge for it. See also: Trials of Osiris carries or recovs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s strongly discouraged because you have to give the person your console/steam/etc login details

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Yep, the MLG Sweatlord beats it for the guy who sucks at the game on their account so they get raid loot. They charge for it. See also: Trials of Osiris carries or recovs
I'd hope people are at least using it for stuff like Titles/Seals? Paying for someone to use your account for normal mode loot seems incredibly..."why?" Or at least, the difficulty on that sort of thing is so low it's not -that- hard to either find people who teach/free carry, or at least could do a paid carry without borrowing the account.

I can at least sort of get the brain worms that leads someone to pay for someone to get them to the lighthouse/trials guns. Still dumb.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

I'd hope people are at least using it for stuff like Titles/Seals? Paying for someone to use your account for normal mode loot seems incredibly..."why?" Or at least, the difficulty on that sort of thing is so low it's not -that- hard to either find people who teach/free carry, or at least could do a paid carry without borrowing the account.

I can at least sort of get the brain worms that leads someone to pay for someone to get them to the lighthouse/trials guns. Still dumb.

https://guardian.services/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAuNGuBhAkEiwAGId4aiLqZkGM6FykgBqGoNDhHZ28RgGHmLMKHkeK-rlwLhODxH6WIMjsLhoCgU4QAvD_BwE

Scroll down lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

20$ for them to run Grasp of Avarice for you? loving lmao.

Imagine not spending that money on a new game instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've heard of somebody that pays for Shuro Chi checkpoints every week.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MJeff posted:

no

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

MJeff posted:

I'm going to run for President and my singular campaign promise is to arrest every destiny player

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Panderfringe posted:

I'm going to run for President and my singular campaign promise is to arrest every destiny player

This would solve so many problems

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

I'm going to assume this is money laundering.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Panderfringe posted:

This isn't enough. We want harsher punishments!

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Panderfringe posted:

you have my vote OP

:yeah:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

sunday at work posted:

Destiny 2: We Have Learned Nothing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Definitely one of the harder things I've done in this game. Took over five hours. But I have pointless big number now. :toot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Definitely one of the harder things I've done in this game. Took over five hours. But I have pointless big number now. :toot:

Congrats! I've been lazy and so I'm still three exotics from 10 lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oxyclean posted:

I'm just gonna assume with how they posted they definitely did something ban worthy.

Or they at least know why they caught a ban.

Oh, well, whaddaya know.

https://twitter.com/thetvCruz/status/1760536734746526077

They were using something called ArtMoney and despite their insistence that it can't do anything to Destiny....

https://twitter.com/thetvCruz/status/1760542170233090128

Why couldn't they just let him off with a warning. :(

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Some D2 player got a permaban for having some cheat tool (memory editor) running in the background that he claims was for a different game. I guess he's a big name being a 4x world first raider :shrug:

Lots of D2 personalities are whining about unfair it all is. Saltagreppo and mactics being a few I saw already. Salt is in the same clan as Cruz so I guess that means something

https://x.com/thetvcruz/status/1760528754344894687

e. Beat by a few minutes

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

when you know someone has a draconian stance on cheat programs and has made a ton of noise about cracking down on cheaters, perhaps you shouldn't tempt fate by running an unrelated cheat program while you play their game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess I shouldn't play the Dark Souls randomizers at the same time I want to play Destiny lol

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

when you know someone has a draconian stance on cheat programs and has made a ton of noise about cracking down on cheaters, perhaps you shouldn't tempt fate by running an unrelated cheat program while you play their game

But they are the exception to the rule. They got raid belts ya know :colbert:.

Fake Edit: Every time I run lucky pants Malfeasance I am reminded how much I love to run that combo.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I use cheat tools in single player games all the time and I've never gotten banned by Bungie. But I'm also smart enough to close them and make sure they are closed before I start ANY multi-player game.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
banned for CHIM...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Embarrassing amount of Destiny accounts showing support for a gamer literally running a cheat engine software that got him banned lol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I guess I shouldn't play the Dark Souls randomizers at the same time I want to play Destiny lol

A mod file loaded by another game shouldn't trip this. He got popped because he had an app running that was known to be able to reach into any game and mess with it. The gaming equivalent of accidentally bringing your gun to the airport. Now he is on the no-fly list. GG

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

A mod file loaded by another game shouldn't trip this. He got popped because he had an app running that was known to be able to reach into any game and mess with it. The gaming equivalent of accidentally bringing your gun to the airport. Now he is on the no-fly list. GG

Unless its changed at least one of them needs cheat engine running to work

Obviously just close it though lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They keep trying to call this a mod for a single player game to blur the lines but it’s literally a hex / memory editor that can be used for any application. It’s not even the first time this specific app has gotten someone banned in Destiny 2. Yeah dude wasn’t using it for Destiny but the application was running while he was playing Destiny.

https://x.com/loverload/status/1760681292277190976?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

General Battuta posted:

banned for CHIM...

Exiled from reality for the crime of the awareness of being fictional? I bet somebody could write a great lore card about that. :thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They keep trying to call this a mod for a single player game to blur the lines but it’s literally a hex / memory editor that can be used for any application. It’s not even the first time this specific app has gotten someone banned in Destiny 2. Yeah dude wasn’t using it for Destiny but the application was running while he was playing Destiny.

Yeah, he and his buddies are trying REAL hard to obfuscate what happened here and because Destiny players are 1) Extremely credulous, 2) Extremely willing to believe Bungie is wrong in any given situation (which, okay, fair), a lot of them are buying it.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 22, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
with this ban, the thread of world firsts is severed...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Exiled from reality for the crime of the awareness of being fictional? I bet somebody could write a great lore card about that. :thunk:

I can finally finish that quest in Morrowind about solving the mystery of the dwemer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

with this ban, the thread of world firsts is severed...

Bungie made the call so Datto can finally win a WF. The fix is in. 😔

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://x.com/loverload/status/1760681292277190976?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

It's really dumb of a reporter to make a statement like this solely based of the words of a friend of the person banned. Especially since this program can specifically be used to cheat in Destiny 2.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MJeff posted:

Bungie made the call so Datto can finally win a WF. The fix is in. 😔

After Bungie custom-made Vow to give Datto the win and he still took second, they knew they'd have to play a little dirtier.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I think it's good, when bad things happen to streamers

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mage_Boy posted:

It's really dumb of a reporter to make a statement like this solely based of the words of a friend of the person banned. Especially since this program can specifically be used to cheat in Destiny 2.

You are under the impression they care more about credibility than clicks for their advertising overlords.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You can expect Paul Tassi to write five articles about the ban just today

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Looking forward to the classic, “we have hard evidence this account was willfully violating TOS and have taken appropriate action. We at Bungie take cheating seriously etc etc ”

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ohhyeah posted:

Looking forward to the classic, “we have hard evidence this account was willfully violating TOS and have taken appropriate action. We at Bungie take cheating seriously etc etc ”

Followed by un-banning them.

It's a tale as old as time :colbert:.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

Mesadoram posted:

Followed by un-banning them.

It's a tale as old as time :colbert:.

Wait have they undone high profile bans before? I thought they’ve been right about big bans every time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ohhyeah posted:

Wait have they undone high profile bans before? I thought they’ve been right about big bans every time.

I am not 100% sure now that you mention it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:lol: at using CheatEngine in Destiny: The Game. It's not THAT hard.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 22, 2024