Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DaveKap posted:

This was absolutely going to be free at a later date for some other event, I guarantee it.

Probably in fall.

So, people who have been playing: How is Warlock shaking out? Is it fairly clear what you'd want to build it like just from leveling and looking at the skill trees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Diablo 3's adventure mode was really good and I never touched the campaign after doing it once.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Life posting from the "war room" has started again in the Discord:

quote:

Judd (Mox) — Today at 4:25 PM
Morning everyone! I'll be posting updates here again today.

4 minutes ago Currently we are investigating issues with transitions failing or taking a long time to process. We have a bit of a lead and believe this may be related to logging. I'll keep everyone posted

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Acolyte leveling seems a bit weird. It’s not clear to me how to avoid using minions early on since the passive tree is mostly minion bonuses.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

7am Pacific:

166,692 playing 30 min ago
166,692 24-hour peak
166,692 all-time peak

nerox
May 20, 2001

queeb posted:

how do they have their servers set up where loading a zone takes so loving long. poe on league launches with like 200k people still has instant zone changes.

Not saying this as an excuse for EHG, but just a reminder that POE league launches were absolute shitshows until very recently.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Anyone else stuck on connecting?

Is it an error or are servers just hosed? Wanted to play some today since I have day off and kid is at school.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Being at character select is running my GPU at 100%, even when alt-tabbed. I really don't appreciate that. It's 2024, games shouldn't still be doing this.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Acolyte leveling seems a bit weird. It’s not clear to me how to avoid using minions early on since the passive tree is mostly minion bonuses.

?? Blood aura and forbidden knowledge aren't minion specific, just max those out and put 4 points in stolen vitality or whatever. After that you can start spending points in your mastery

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm stuck on a loading screen after choosing character.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Some wild reviews for this game.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/pen-chan/recommended/899770/
"Lol people who are making GBS threads on this review are exactly those kind of brainwashed sheep who are upholding the matrix with their spineless ignorance. People like OP go out of their way to research all this stuff to provide much needed transparency where none is given and you people call him shizo because you are so comfortable being CATTLE to the system that enslaves you!
You are the reason why nothing changes for the better, because you keep swallowing up ALL THE BULLSHIT that is handed to you without questioning anything. You don't deserve to be liberated, but will be anyways because the matrix is being destroyed by people who actually DO care!"

https://www.pcgamer.com/last-epoch-review/
And this guy I guess only cares about the combat feel and literally nothing else in a game.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

bio347 posted:

Being at character select is running my GPU at 100%, even when alt-tabbed. I really don't appreciate that. It's 2024, games shouldn't still be doing this.

Got that one myself, what the hell is causing that cause my gpu tends to crash & burn when exposed to that crap for a duration.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Acolyte leveling is kind of lame until you get some levels/unlock mastery. Use skeletons when you get the skill but don't bother using a spec on them. Then spam rip blood until wandering spirits and then use wandering spirits until mastery. I usually spec rip blood and immediately grab the 100% blood splatter and increased blood splatter damage nodes since it does a good job of getting you to level 20. By level 10-15 you generally stop bothering to summon skeletons too.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Hadn’t played in like a year and wasn’t sure what new specialization to play so I went back to the bladedancer build that just dashes around dropping spinny shadow clones everywhere. drat that is still one of the best feeling arpg classes ever once you get the basic skills unlocked. I’ll probably keep playing it for a while again because it just feels great

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bamhand posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/last-epoch-review/
And this guy I guess only cares about the combat feel and literally nothing else in a game.

Lol this is a really, really lovely review.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

explosivo posted:

"With its emphasis on crafting and trading rather than action, Last Epoch puts the cart before the horse."

What a weird takeaway

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Estel posted:

Used one of the referrals coded posted here, here is mine to get some bees Estel

Used yours. Mine is "The_Locator" if anyone feels like using it to give me bees I guess?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Hadn’t played in like a year and wasn’t sure what new specialization to play so I went back to the bladedancer build that just dashes around dropping spinny shadow clones everywhere. drat that is still one of the best feeling arpg classes ever once you get the basic skills unlocked. I’ll probably keep playing it for a while again because it just feels great

Yeah, that particular worm boss that goes high resistance for a time is kind of my benchmark for how a given build is hitting and putting a couple of swirling vortexes on him loving melted him. I said it before, but I've leveled most of the masteries to at least mono and shadow dagger bladedancer is by far the strongest and fastest leveller. I had heard they nerfed it, I guess not that much tho

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Got kicked out for inactivity while stuck on the loading screen. Did they hide a secret game in the loading screens?!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Good Citizen posted:

I'm so glad that they didn't nerf the Spriggan Totem build. I keep expecting it to get destroyed in a patch because it's a pretty well known build style and also feels broken. But I think the devs here maybe understand that the fun of this game is coming up with some completely broken synergies. I was going to play one of the new classes but I just have too much fun with this thing. Maybe after I level it into monoliths.

One thing I want to flag for people leveling for the first time into the mid/end game -- don't neglect your resistances! Resistances are way more important here than in some other games. By the time you're doing the higher level monoliths, you want all your resistances capped. If you suddenly start getting one shotted by something that isn't a boss attack or huge AOE, it's likely because you have a weak resistance to that type.

Luckily, with the forge, the idols, and loot filtering, it's pretty easy to get resistances capped but you do have to pay attention to it.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

zoux posted:

Yeah, that particular worm boss that goes high resistance for a time is kind of my benchmark for how a given build is hitting and putting a couple of swirling vortexes on him loving melted him. I said it before, but I've leveled most of the masteries to at least mono and shadow dagger bladedancer is by far the strongest and fastest leveller. I had heard they nerfed it, I guess not that much tho

Shadow daggers damage scaling went from 450% to 340%, if you're looking for exact numbers

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Valdent posted:

Then spam rip blood until wandering spirits and then use wandering spirits until mastery.

I'm guessing at some point there's a node for them to seek enemies or get projectiles or something, because that was by far the worst skill I used. I kept trying to tweak positioning but the spawns would all carefully avoid any enemies. Once in a while something would move through one and take decent damage but until I unlocked Warlock it was just rippin' blood and golem all day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mailer posted:

I'm guessing at some point there's a node for them to seek enemies or get projectiles or something, because that was by far the worst skill I used. I kept trying to tweak positioning but the spawns would all carefully avoid any enemies. Once in a while something would move through one and take decent damage but until I unlocked Warlock it was just rippin' blood and golem all day.

It's like an aura that surrounds you as you walk, I don't think the animations matter. But I could be wrong.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

PC Gamer has been putting out really, really lovely reviews for a long while now, so no surprise there.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Profanity posted:

PC Gamer has been putting out really, really lovely reviews for a long while now, so no surprise there.

Successful clickbait, it's getting shared all over

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've played all the big RPGs and Last Epoch's "combat feel" issues are largely regulated to the low levels and the melee characters.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices. How often do these companies lie and mislead their customers with innacurate start dates and times, game completeness "The story is not complete in Last Epoch" with no mention of these issues on the pre-order page. This is false advertising and it is illegal. What other services are offered in such a way with a little responsibility taken by the company itself? They have conditioned so many players to think that this is ok, with many even attacking those who stand up against it. This is false advertising and it is illegal. Demand more for your money and perhaps a little bit more respect from the companies you are paying. Stop making excuses for these companies and stop excusing this type of behavior. You will benefit and so will the rest of us.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

zoux posted:

It’s been a while so maybe it was nerfed a bit but I couldn’t tell. Maybe they toned down the damage slightly but the mobility of the build is the biggest selling point to me. There’s just nothing capable of slowing you down and with some basic observation all boss attacks become almost trivial to avoid

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices. How often do these companies lie and mislead their customers with innacurate start dates and times, game completeness "The story is not complete in Last Epoch" with no mention of these issues on the pre-order page. This is false advertising and it is illegal. What other services are offered in such a way with a little responsibility taken by the company itself? They have conditioned so many players to think that this is ok, with many even attacking those who stand up against it. This is false advertising and it is illegal. Demand more for your money and perhaps a little bit more respect from the companies you are paying. Stop making excuses for these companies and stop excusing this type of behavior. You will benefit and so will the rest of us.

The campaign is shorter than they intended is a feature though. Also, source your quotes.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices.

Lol, c'mon. It'll be fixed soon enough and you'll forget all about it until the next super important vidya game launch.

It's pretty funny, though, that they seemed so confident beforehand with their talk of extensive simulations and elastic scaling blabla. Yeah, you small-timers are gonna get it right where everybody else screws up every time.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

bio347 posted:

Do you have multiple monitors set up? I notice that when I'm (borderless windowed) alt tabbed to a window on a different monitor and LE still looks like it has focus on the main monitor, GPU is 100% (which, by the way EHG, you really need to restrict the FPS on menu screens to 30 or 60) but if I stick another window on the main monitor, it properly detects that LE is not in focus and GPU goes down to what it should be.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

Steam review or Reddit post?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How’s the controller support? I want to play this exclusively on my steam deck.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

MarcusSA posted:

How’s the controller support? I want to play this exclusively on my steam deck.

Not great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That sucks! Has it always been poo poo and that’s just the way it’s gonna be or are they possibly gonna work on it?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They added it just now in 1.0.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Counterpoint: It's fine.

BUT it's not great for the inventory and crafting stuff, I swap to MKB for that, so it might be a problem on the deck. They have improved that interface but it still has problems. (but also I don't think it's possible to make an inventory/crafting interface that is better on controller than MKB)

Clarste posted:

Maybe officially but I played a couple hundred hours with the controller prior to 1.0. Through the game, I wasn't using any 3rd party stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

Ah got it. Well hopefully they can refine it. It seems like something that should be a solved problem by now.

zoux posted:

BUT it's not great for the inventory and crafting stuff, I swap to MKB for that, so it might be a problem on the deck. They have improved that interface but it still has problems.

The deck has trackpads for mouse stuff or is the keyboard actually needed as well?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

zoux posted:

BUT it's not great for the inventory and crafting stuff, I swap to MKB for that, so it might be a problem on the deck. They have improved that interface but it still has problems.

Yeah this is basically my take. It’s 90% fine and I only switch to my mouse in shops and stuff. Even then I can do those things on controller it’s just better the other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Ah got it. Well hopefully they can refine it. It seems like something that should be a solved problem by now.

The deck has trackpads for mouse stuff or is the keyboard actually needed as well?

Just hotkeys