Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Gotcha. I've just been using Outis as a sacrificial currency boost since I already had her high level, but she really isn't holding up even to an underlevelled Faust.

If you're running low on resources Don is also optional since she just adds to the snowball while Faust's poise will explode once she gets a jumpstart from Meursault and Yi Sang is a poise machine anyway. That said she'll help them reach that state faster and can actually contribute to battles and benefits from Meursault anyway, so there's no real reason not to bring her if you can spare the limbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yinlock posted:

If you're running low on resources Don is also optional since she just adds to the snowball while Faust's poise will explode once she gets a jumpstart from Meursault and Yi Sang is a poise machine anyway. That said she'll help them reach that state faster and can actually contribute to battles and benefits from Meursault anyway, so there's no real reason not to bring her if you can spare the limbucks.
Unfortunately Don is level 1 rn, I could focus on leveling her next since I got Meursault straight to 40 and Faust is holding on well at 36, but it'd still take a bit unless I crack open those prize boxes to make modules with, since I'm trying not to spend more modules than I make daily.

Oh, Yi Sang is level. 6 rn. But it sounds like he'd be my next guy to focus on? I don't have Sinclair at all but he sounds not worth it to shard.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Unfortunately Don is level 1 rn, I could focus on leveling her next since I got Meursault straight to 40 and Faust is holding on well at 36, but it'd still take a bit unless I crack open those prize boxes to make modules with, since I'm trying not to spend more modules than I make daily.

Oh, Yi Sang is level. 6 rn. But it sounds like he'd be my next guy to focus on? I don't have Sinclair at all but he sounds not worth it to shard.

yeah Sinclair is a "okay if you already have him but there's better options" pick, don't bother. Yi Sang needs UT4 to function(his improvement isn't quite as drastic as R Ish but it did take him from "kinda bad" to "only good poise ID until season 3*") but will easily hold his own afterward, he easily fits into slot #3.

It's also a good idea to shell out the lunacy for some extra enk once a day, maybe twice once in a while if you really need to stock up.

*L Faust doesn't count

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

yeah Sinclair is a "okay if you already have him but there's better options" pick, don't bother. Yi Sang needs UT4 to function(his improvement isn't quite as drastic as R Ish but it did take him from "kinda bad" to "only good poise ID until season 3*") but will easily hold his own afterward, he easily fits into slot #3.

It's also a good idea to shell out the lunacy for some extra enk once a day, maybe twice once in a while if you really need to stock up.

*L Faust doesn't count
Yeah, I'm hitting the point where I have over 10k lunacy stockpiled and a decent amount of boxes, so I think I'll be refilling once a day and save those boxes for a shortage instead of burning them immediately.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Are you guys planning on keeping the rotation of MD teams and using the event dungeon to farm, or are you slotting bonus units in unrelated teams? RN I only have KiMer levelled and only at U3, if I start to U4 the new units the event thread I bought is gonna disappear.

Event plot was interesting, so S Corp and its district are the most direct parallel to Korea? Like how T Corp is industrial Britain and J Corp is Las Vegas The hilarious part is LCA and LCD's focus on Distorsions (specially since LCD is Moses' Office probably) kinda makes me feel like Limbus is the actual association Iori wanted to fund in the old Ruina ending, which would absolutely piss Vergilius off and would make the prologue funny in retrospect, but also doesn't make sense unless it's a 5d chess plot to make sure whoever Dante was is under Iori's thumb.

Also, total crack theory about Dante's identity that's not Ayin: they know about Distorsions/Pecattulum/EGO and maybe the light going by the censored speech so they had to be involved with L Corp, they were kinda assholy before losing their memory, Outis becomes a bootlicker the moment she learns they're her boss, the theories about Udjat involvement in Limbus Company.

The only answer is... IT WAS ME, DIAS!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Event plot was interesting, so S Corp and its district are the most direct parallel to Korea? Like how T Corp is industrial Britain and J Corp is Las Vegas The hilarious part is LCA and LCD's focus on Distorsions (specially since LCD is Moses' Office probably) kinda makes me feel like Limbus is the actual association Iori wanted to fund in the old Ruina ending, which would absolutely piss Vergilius off and would make the prologue funny in retrospect, but also doesn't make sense unless it's a 5d chess plot to make sure whoever Dante was is under Iori's thumb.

They mention that someone's forming an Association to handle Distortions in that segment - THAT would be Iori's 13th Association. We're Iori's direct competition.

Also MD farming is way more efficient. Just give up starlight for event drops.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Yinlock posted:

apparently we've been getting the absolute bottom-barrel dregs of the kuro lineup because as enemies they're actually fairly effective

especially that midboss, where's the ID for that guy PM. is gregor supposed to be him because someone should probably tell gregor's coins that

That dude completely stopped my MD3H run on its track, I found him on level 5 and after 10 restarts I just couldn't avoid having him explode most of my team and had to call it quits. :smith:

Anyways the new identities are finally making me want to try a Poise team, I'll finally have to unlock the extra ego gifts after ignoring this composition for so long~

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

microfolk posted:

That dude completely stopped my MD3H run on its track, I found him on level 5 and after 10 restarts I just couldn't avoid having him explode most of my team and had to call it quits. :smith:

Anyways the new identities are finally making me want to try a Poise team, I'll finally have to unlock the extra ego gifts after ignoring this composition for so long~

Claiming his bones will wreck him without too much issue(but since it's non-focused that's tough to set up) but outside of that he's a scrappy little bastard yeah

I had rusty coin Faust spamming fluid sac to keep everyone alive and managed to brute force it. he outclashed her once though, the rear end in a top hat. The Blade-specific EGO gifts giving you a bunch of huge bonuses(the coat is especially ridiculous) helps too

e: bone-claiming is a fun risk/reward minigame where the longer you wait the bigger the payoff you get(usually half the enemy team exploding from full health or close to it) but wait too long and the fight's over one way or another

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 22, 2024

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

A bunch of people made guesses at the censored text in this event.

If one's WILL IS WEAKENED, devoured by their sins, they are reborn in the form of the PECCATULA, their image reflecting the DEEPEST PARTS OF OUR SOUL dreamt by those who are nothing.

if one withstands THE BURDEN OF THEIR SOUL, yet REFUSES TO CONFESS TO their sins, the heart DISTORTS...

Yet if one seeks to bear the TRUE MANIFESTATION OF THEIR SOUL, the EGO shall ASSUME THE SHAPE of their original hearts...

Only those who can define their own SELF...

Only those who have awakened to their own IDEAL...."

Looks right to me, I did notice that the number of boxes seemed to match the number of letters for words that would fit in. Also matches what we know from LoR, Limbus Company, and the prequel novel, Leviathan.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

PetraCore posted:

Don't you get the currency bonus as long as the sinner is in your team, but not active?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

DropTheAnvil posted:

Don't you get the currency bonus as long as the sinner is in your team, but not active?
Yeah, I did that for the dungeon, but if you're using them as support not in a dungeon I didn't see a difference.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
"Blade Fiend" is a play on "Bloodfiend" isn't it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

"Blade Fiend" is a play on "Bloodfiend" isn't it

it's a synonym for sword demon which is like the most basic term for a fantasy samurai sword murder man, so I don't think so

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
KimSault is amazing and fun, as expected of the showcase ID but a big first for mersault. Bighat boy clashes well, does lots of damage, and his S3 is hard to use jank with incredible payoff. It puts out a ton of damage, absolutely jaw dropping amounts, which fits for how hard it can be to pull off. In a MD3 run, with the big poise gift he actually did 1600 damage to BigKim on turn one.

As far as the rest of blade lineage goes, Sword Faust and Yi Sang are great, and do good things with the poise and extra power that HatSault gives them, while Sword Don really pumps up the poise gain and hits good. OTOH Outis and Sinclair are turds, even with the full BL buffs, neither can clash for poo poo and have really awkward ability colors for a team that wants 3 pride every single turn. BL Clair does hit insanely hard when he finally pops off, but it take a lot of time and getting there requires a lot of hoop jumping. BL Outis just sucks at everything unfortunately, so you really do end up with 2 loads if you're going for the full team and they drag down attempts to do cool things.

OTOH, Cap't Ishmael and Peqlif do wonders on the team, since there's a ton of free poise and the both contribute really well to the pride game.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

KimSault is amazing and fun, as expected of the showcase ID but a big first for mersault. Bighat boy clashes well, does lots of damage, and his S3 is hard to use jank with incredible payoff. It puts out a ton of damage, absolutely jaw dropping amounts, which fits for how hard it can be to pull off. In a MD3 run, with the big poise gift he actually did 1600 damage to BigKim on turn one.

As far as the rest of blade lineage goes, Sword Faust and Yi Sang are great, and do good things with the poise and extra power that HatSault gives them, while Sword Don really pumps up the poise gain and hits good. OTOH Outis and Sinclair are turds, even with the full BL buffs, neither can clash for poo poo and have really awkward ability colors for a team that wants 3 pride every single turn. BL Clair does hit insanely hard when he finally pops off, but it take a lot of time and getting there requires a lot of hoop jumping. BL Outis just sucks at everything unfortunately, so you really do end up with 2 loads if you're going for the full team and they drag down attempts to do cool things.

OTOH, Cap't Ishmael and Peqlif do wonders on the team, since there's a ton of free poise and the both contribute really well to the pride game.

Cap'n is a great fit but Queecliff runs into the issue that Envy resonance is a pipe dream on this team so his S3 is gonna be undercooked, Cinq Sinclair would probably work better. Then again Queecliff has more consistent Pride so I guess pick whichever suits your fancy/you already have

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 22, 2024

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Cap'n Ish underperforms with the Lineage squad in dungeons. They turn into blenders very quickly, and it's really easy for Ish to end up in a negative SP spiral due to her sanity mechanics. I'm thinking about bringing Magic Bullet Outis (w/ Sunshower) instead.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

*reads about people laughing at Boss Kim in MD because he dies so hard*

*looks at my MD Normal Tremor + 120% bonus team that wiped once and almost wiped twice*

good thing next in rotation is Rupture since Spiral made me level them.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Tricky posted:

Cap'n Ish underperforms with the Lineage squad in dungeons. They turn into blenders very quickly, and it's really easy for Ish to end up in a negative SP spiral due to her sanity mechanics. I'm thinking about bringing Magic Bullet Outis (w/ Sunshower) instead.

disagree. ran a team of cap ish/BL yi sang, don, faust, kim/cinqlair in md3h and the lowest cap ish ever got was 30. She was almost low early but literally a single skill 3 kill was enough to get her not only out of negative san but up to +17 where she could start winning clashes. if you're not using kkongler for the bonus event currency you can even run base for a safety net.

with the sheer amount of extra damage blade lineage is getting a single Pursue Them To The End! proc on faust or sault could easily be like 100+ extra damage.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 23, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

*reads about people laughing at Boss Kim in MD because he dies so hard*

*looks at my MD Normal Tremor + 120% bonus team that wiped once and almost wiped twice*

good thing next in rotation is Rupture since Spiral made me level them.

MD wants you to bring a very specific team during this event, welcome to da slash z0ne

Tricky posted:

Even with keeping her in slot 1 and bringing Hong Lu on passive duty? I haven't tried her on the team yet but it seems like she'd work as long as you take the usual anti-womanchild precautions

Blade Lineage is pretty murdery though

e: actually meur also wants slot 1 so you're likely correct that she has some issues

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 23, 2024

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, I had great results with cap't ish in MD, the extra attack is super value with all the poise generation, and it's super easy to get the stagger or kill with her S3 and pop everyones sanity up to maximum. She's rarely at max sanity, but she's not super dependent on maximum rolls all the time to do good clashing or damage.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Ooookay! BHK GAINS sanity from losing clashes and LOSES it from winning them. That's, uh, certainly something. Guess I don't need to change my strategy then.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 23, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I only clashed when it predicted Favorable or Dominating, otherwise using defensive skills. While it was still possible to lose early on and spiral into an unwinnable situation, I ended up scraping through with my team alive even after getting hit by To Claim Their Bones.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

...and now I understand this. Hey, it worked!

And yeah, I managed to make sure I was always (almost always) going to win each clash, keeping his Sanity in check. Managed to dodge TCTB by using only 1 attack and the rest using defensive skills, then piling on the damage and making sure the last Sinner was the one clashing with it.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
The ending of the event is kind of funny the way Dante's monologue all but directly states "Hey, the story of the game is only just getting started." I do wonder where we go after all the sinners have had a go at a Bough, though.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
More boughs?

It's explicitly a journey towards enlightenment/salvation, and none of the sinners have reach a conclusion thus far. All of their personal antagonists are also ready to go. They're also steadily working towards the 300 million drop.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 23, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I bet Purgatorio will involve each Sinner Distorting one by one at the end of their second chapter, like how both Lobotomy Corp and Ruina had massive breakdowns as the emotional climax of each arc.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I just got beaten by Kim at the end of the mirror dungeon a dozen times in a row. I've yet to beat TCTB in a single clash.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Solitair posted:

I just got beaten by Kim at the end of the mirror dungeon a dozen times in a row. I've yet to beat TCTB in a single clash.

You cannot beat it if he has any amount of shield left as he gets +5 to the base power, other than that it's mostly a case of you need to be "this tall" to ride (so use a very high clashing EGO, Don Quixote Blood Sac or Ishmael Ardor Blossom Star). Both of them can role 40 in the right circumstances. He won't do damage but NClair's third skill could do it if you get the shield down.

Also, once he gets below 10 or 20% hp he never stops using it and you just have to beat him the gently caress down. Do not let him get it off as he massively self heals if it kills ANYONE.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

It's really loving mean to give you scabbard bonuses for bringing identities that loving suck poo poo and can't win against Kim.

I did actually manage to beat TCTB with a fully charged Rip Space.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Solitair posted:

It's really loving mean to give you scabbard bonuses for bringing identities that loving suck poo poo and can't win against Kim.

The scabbard bonus maxes out at 120% and you don't need to actually run them in your team itself.

The old identities give 20% each, the new ones 30% each. So you only need 6 of the old KK/BL units, or all 4 of the new ones. If you have 2 of the new ones you only need 3 of the old ones, and Don is gauranteed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

the lineage will generally poo poo all over Kim, especially with their unique Gifts from the event. TCTB isn't quite as scary when he's dead in 2-3 turns

kurokumo is bad though yeah

e: the coat especially, from answering "right things are right" to the cryptic blue man which gives them a loving absurd +50% slash damage and improves coins across the board

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 23, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Do not bring Kurokumo Ryoshu, because that means you can't bring W Corp Ryoshu and the latter does so much more damage than the former. I feel pretty stupid for making this mistake.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I also haven't fully leveled or uptied the new Lineage IDs yet. That's kind of a problem.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

I also haven't fully leveled or uptied the new Lineage IDs yet. That's kind of a problem.

Ah, the way you worded it implied that the IDs couldn't win against him when the Lineage is p. much tailor-made to annihilate him

exp/thread tax always sucks though

e: not looking forward to fighting him in MD/RR4 where he'll be overtuned as poo poo to compensate for exploding so easily during this event

the one rough part about him rn is that he's fast as hell

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 23, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I squandered my exp tickets on the old, lovely IDs and the thread on accidentally uptying K Corp Hong Lu, as I mentioned earlier, and the 00 IDs because they were cheaper.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solitair posted:

I squandered my exp tickets on the old, lovely IDs and the thread on accidentally uptying K Corp Hong Lu, as I mentioned earlier, and the 00 IDs because they were cheaper.

ah, and you ran into the issue that the old lovely IDs need Meursault just to function

well Yi Sang doesn't so that's something I guess

e: there's worse IDs to accidentally uptie at least

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

More boughs?

It's explicitly a journey towards enlightenment/salvation, and none of the sinners have reach a conclusion thus far.

Yi Sang and Ishmael kinda have. Not plot-wise but in terms of personal growth

e: not conclusion as in an end but more that they know who they are and want to be

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 23, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm following ESGOO's priority lists for what IDs and EGO to max out, and I'd already purposefully done almost everything about K Hong Lu. I wanted to double-check what the cost was and didn't realize that hitting spacebar would confirm the decision to uptie.

I also had the old BL and KK IDs partially leveled, since when I first played the game I had the wrong idea that I could evenly level up all the IDs I wasn't using, and at UT3, because I prioritize that so I can see their stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm still gonna try and build status teams while keeping as much bonus as I can. Only have the banners left anyways.

This rupture run had me scared of Kim cause his Sanity dropped way more than I thought, but the Tier IV Rupture gift and Homework gift basically let me stagger and burst him. Next time is Bleed though, so between Kurokumos and the other good bleed IDs it should be better (Poise is gonna be a Normal run so lmao with BL gifts, Sinking is gonna face normal boss cause I'm not suicidal).