Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm very excited for a popular injury-prone WWE Superstar to come in, with their own lackey in tow, with probable expectations that they should be the biggest thing on the show because they're a former WWE Superstar, and have Tony bend over backwards for them. They even get a big specially branded debut show in their home town! There's absolutely no way this will blow up in anyone's face. There's simply no precedent for that happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it’s gonna be fine

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it’s gonna be fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0248pUAteWk

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

I'm very excited for a popular injury-prone WWE Superstar to come in, with their own lackey in tow, with probable expectations that they should be the biggest thing on the show because they're a former WWE Superstar, and have Tony bend over backwards for them. They even get a big specially branded debut show in their home town! There's absolutely no way this will blow up in anyone's face. There's simply no precedent for that happening.

She didn't spend years at home becoming an isolated freak with anxiety everytime they leave the house so it will probably go better

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

The pitched-down Moné scrum is gonna be hilarious

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Didn't she drop that?

Sssseeeeems like it. I think in August she was dismissing against the named individuals but continuing against WWE and then in October, she dismissed altogether, and it was "resolved amicably".

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1712844452476142013

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1712857224203116632

The allegations against Pepperman are still a bit of an eyebrow-raiser though. Like, unless she was just lying, this is concerning.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m not gonna pretend to care about any of that poo poo when we could and should be saying things like “weepy widdle wangman”

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

WON: weepy widdle wangman won't walk wednesday

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sticky Nate posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like my cowboys the way I like my coffee. Emotional.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the idea that tony khan would care about women’s wrestling is pretty funny. Monet will be having matches during commercial and doing romance angles like Ruby Soho in a matter of weeks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

the idea that tony khan would care about women’s wrestling is pretty funny. Monet will be having matches during commercial and doing romance angles like Ruby Soho in a matter of weeks.

Oh my god, not matches during commercials!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you watch wwe lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Oh my god, not matches during commercials!

what are commercials? Sounds like some kinda nonsense someone would have to watch if they didn't have aew plus

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Monet will be having matches during commercial and doing romance angles like Ruby Soho in a matter of weeks.

Franky Monet was her WWE name, she's back to using Taya Valkyrie again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

God you used to be one of the best. Real talk, drop the gimmicks, what happened? One of the greatest trolls we've had reduced to this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

you watch wwe lol

hell pass denied

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This is not the hootin and hollerin thread, sad millenial cowboy up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Corporate Officer Number One's number one fan is here to tell you about how AEW handles women.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

unlike ruby soso, monet can actually wrestle so she'll be fine i reckon

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Peanut President posted:

they should've given colt cabana cm punk's spot

They tried that but then he almost killed himself with a pair of socks

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Shard posted:

what are commercials? Sounds like some kinda nonsense someone would have to watch if they didn't have aew plus

It’s that bit where they spill to the outside and then the heel puts on a headlock while the commentary peters out. It’s called that because you think about the commercial value of what you’re getting to enjoy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Some of the best commentary happens in commercials AEW+ subscribers stay winning

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

MJeff posted:

Corporate Officer Number One's number one fan is here to tell you about how AEW handles women.

Good to see they've recovered, after their last C*dy-related meltdown

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

keithy george posted:

It’s that bit where they spill to the outside and then the heel puts on a headlock while the commentary peters out. It’s called that because you think about the commercial value of what you’re getting to enjoy.

that is not my experience. They do some wild rear end spots or comedy bits during these periods and commentary gets very AEW Darkish.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Very curious to see how Mone is presented. I would hope she is presented like Jade Cargill only also she can wrestle great matches and promo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

fawning deference posted:

Very curious to see how Mone is presented. I would hope she is presented like Jade Cargill only also she can wrestle great matches and promo.

I'd be fine with Mone being silo'd into her own bubble universe with the TBS belt and away from the other wrestlers I like.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the death of nien nunb is a somber reminder that this thread is the only place you can tell the truth. stay safe if you venture outside of here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the death of nien nunb is a somber reminder that this thread is the only place you can tell the truth. stay safe if you venture outside of here

killed... due to wokeness 😔

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Magneto Nien Nunb Was Right

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ah. A sixer that's already half served. truly, unlimited hyperdeath.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hell thread haters thinking 1/6 = half ✅The Study

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nobody should ever post in the main AEW thread but also NienNunb's bitterness is consuming him and it makes me sad. 😔

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh no he has time to watch another movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

he has time to watch 158 of his cartoons

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many touts does he have time to watch?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

its gonna be one of his weirdo ones that he insists is a classic but it's just some farts and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Shard posted:

its gonna be one of his weirdo ones that he insists is a classic but it's just some farts and poo poo

being the elite is back?