Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Dazerbeams posted:

Any idea what kind of planar/relic set Aventurine is gonna want?

I'm thinking 4pc knight for bigger shields, and maybe 2pc broken keel since he'll have an easy time getting the effect res needed to give the crit buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Keel or Belobolg depending on if you want better team damage or shields for sure.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Is Adventurine going to make Gepard obsolete? That is a big team shield he can spam throughout the fight. Gepard's is an ultimate.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Is Adventurine going to make Gepard obsolete? That is a big team shield he can spam throughout the fight. Gepard's is an ultimate.

He uses SP. Gepard has some pretty tough gear requirements, needing both a lot of EffRes and a TON of SPD, but his shield is entirely free. It depends on what the team wants. Can you sacrifice SP to have an on demand shield? Does the team have follow up synergy? There are teams he'll fit perfectly in, but it's not enough for me to say Gepard is entirely obsolete. It takes two of Aventurine's shields to equal Gepard's shield, and you can get his on a 3 turn rotation and outside of Swarm Disaster style content, nothing should rip through his shield in 3 turns.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm not up on Aventurine's kit, does he have anti-synergy with Clara like other Preservation units do? I'd really like a new sustain to accompany Lynx and Gepard in my list of options but as ftp I don't know if I should go for him or wait for someone like Huohuo. I think Dr. Ratio is my only other FuA option (Kafka is glued to my Black Swan team) and I don't have Topaz.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eimi posted:

He uses SP. Gepard has some pretty tough gear requirements, needing both a lot of EffRes and a TON of SPD, but his shield is entirely free. It depends on what the team wants. Can you sacrifice SP to have an on demand shield? Does the team have follow up synergy? There are teams he'll fit perfectly in, but it's not enough for me to say Gepard is entirely obsolete. It takes two of Aventurine's shields to equal Gepard's shield, and you can get his on a 3 turn rotation and outside of Swarm Disaster style content, nothing should rip through his shield in 3 turns.

Aventurine also replenishes shields at battle start and whenever he does a follow-up. Depending on how much damage you're taking and how often he triggers his follow-up, he can also be 100% SP positive.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Sleng Teng posted:

I'm not up on Aventurine's kit, does he have anti-synergy with Clara like other Preservation units do? I'd really like a new sustain to accompany Lynx and Gepard in my list of options but as ftp I don't know if I should go for him or wait for someone like Huohuo. I think Dr. Ratio is my only other FuA option (Kafka is glued to my Black Swan team) and I don't have Topaz.

Yeah, he has the increased aggro inherent to Preservation characters, and he doesn't have anything like March's ability to let him direct aggro elsewhere.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

have to see how impressions are with how beefy his shields are.

its probably like between fireblazer and gepards

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
From what I've heard, I'm guessing Aventurine's shield at full trace will be somewhere in the range of if Gepard's ULT had no traces, which is still pretty beefy. Probably way bigger than Fireblazer's tiny baby shield.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

At max it's about half of what Gepard's does at max

Clarste posted:

Aventurine also replenishes shields at battle start and whenever he does a follow-up. Depending on how much damage you're taking and how often he triggers his follow-up, he can also be 100% SP positive.

I missed his follow up replenishing the shield, he's probably very sp positive if the videos I'm seeing hold true, it's not hard to trigger at least against multiple enemies.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

still havent pulled black swan at 75???? pulls. dont think I have any more free sources of gems atm remaining in the game. annoying.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Aventurine absolutely makes Gepard obsolete for me, but I don't use Gepard anyway. I didn’t even realize the Cola Ape was in MoC 10 and just tanked it with Fu Xuan without a hitch.

I'm just going to give him Gepard's gear. 4 piece Knight and 2 piece Belobog, though I do have a Broken Keel set I can give him if I want.

As for team: Topaz and Ratio. Then I can just toss in Silver Wolf, Pela, Guinaifen, Welt, Yukong, Hanya, etc. Aventurine being sp negative or neutral doesn't matter if there are 2 positive supports.

Aventurine is totally a whim. I definitely don't need him for my account. But he's hot, he's a prick, and he's Topaz' boss. :D

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

he seems more of a dps hybrid, so i just wonder if he be able to solo sustain in high SU level difficulties

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Meowywitch posted:

still havent pulled black swan at 75???? pulls. dont think I have any more free sources of gems atm remaining in the game. annoying.

This always annoys me but I forget about it on the next banner when I get a 50/50 or pity immediately

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

franks posted:

This always annoys me but I forget about it on the next banner when I get a 50/50 or pity immediately

well I have no 5* wind dps and I am rolling in Harmonies (rip sparkle) so I'd love to trigger it before she leaves in six days, of course

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sleng Teng posted:

Have you tried March with Clara? Clara doesn't care if she takes damage, only that she gets hit. Right now, it's just her and Lynx who can adjust aggro on other characters.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Genovera posted:

Yeah, he has the increased aggro inherent to Preservation characters, and he doesn't have anything like March's ability to let him direct aggro elsewhere.

That’s a shame but I figured as much. He’s not a pure sustain like I’m aiming but maybe he’s enough for what I want (I need a good, complete second team for MoC badly!).

Bad Video Games posted:

Have you tried March with Clara? Clara doesn't care if she takes damage, only that she gets hit. Right now, it's just her and Lynx who can adjust aggro on other characters.

I’m not looking for a partner for Clara so much as a justification as to who the hell I want to pull for from now until the end of 2.1 because it all looks good to me and I will only get so much jade / free tix.

But yeah I did a couple of caps ago. March is just way down my list of priorities atm.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm tentatively doing 2 ash 2 knight/salsotto for Aventurine; he should still have beefy enough shields without 4 knight. We'll see.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sleng Teng posted:

I’m not looking for a partner for Clara so much as a justification as to who the hell I want to pull for from now until the end of 2.1 because it all looks good to me and I will only get so much jade / free tix.

But yeah I did a couple of caps ago. March is just way down my list of priorities atm.

Makes sense. If you have Ratio built, he and Aventurine will make a fine team even without Topaz. You just need a third debuffer to guarantee Ratio's follow-up. Ratio, Aventurine, Clara, X. Depends on how deep you want to go with follow-ups, but it'd be a fine team. Toss in Gui or Pela, and you'll be gold.

Or if you have Tingyun, just grab Jing Yuan next week and go ham. Jing is great. :)

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Preservation characters do get a slight aggro bonus compared to Destruction characters (Preservation has a base of 6 aggro, Destruction has 5, and everyone else has 4 or 3), but that's not really a huge deal in the long run. The bigger issue is further threat manipulation, such as Gepard's second passive (which is an extra +300% aggro, which is actually pretty huge) or Trailblazer's taunt. You should be fine running Clara with Aventurine.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Gepard's passive increased aggro combined with an energy regen chain means he can pretty easily ult enough to permanently upkeep shields.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

Makes sense. If you have Ratio built, he and Aventurine will make a fine team even without Topaz. You just need a third debuffer to guarantee Ratio's follow-up. Ratio, Aventurine, Clara, X. Depends on how deep you want to go with follow-ups, but it'd be a fine team. Toss in Gui or Pela and you'll be gold.

Or if you have Tingyun, just grab Jing Yuan next week and go ham. Jing is great. :)

Makes sense. Yeah Ratio is fairly decent, probably the only one outside of BS/Kafka/RM, relics could be improved but that’s no surprise. Pela and Gui are high on build priority list already, alongside Tingyun, as all are trapped at Lv 50 atm.

I also thought about going insane and rolling for Aventurine and Topaz at the same time, since I think Topaz is rumored to rerun alongside him? That’d be pretty drat fun if I can swing the 50/50s my way.

Ryanbomber posted:

Preservation characters do get a slight aggro bonus compared to Destruction characters (Preservation has a base of 6 aggro, Destruction has 5, and everyone else has 4 or 3), but that's not really a huge deal in the long run. The bigger issue is further threat manipulation, such as Gepard's second passive (which is an extra +300% aggro, which is actually pretty huge) or Trailblazer's taunt. You should be fine running Clara with Aventurine.

That’s cool - I didn’t know the exact modifiers. Thanks!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sleng Teng posted:

Makes sense. Yeah Ratio is fairly decent, probably the only one outside of BS/Kafka/RM, relics could be improved but that’s no surprise. Pela and Gui are high on build priority list already, alongside Tingyun, as all are trapped at Lv 50 atm.

I also thought about going insane and rolling for Aventurine and Topaz at the same time, since I think Topaz is rumored to rerun alongside him? That’d be pretty drat fun if I can swing the 50/50s my way.

That’s cool - I didn’t know the exact modifiers. Thanks!

In my opinion, sustain and supports are more important than damage dealers. If you're trying to progress in MoC, two cracked 5 star sustains will carry you far with minimal investment.

Also, if you try to go for 2 limited characters in the same patch you run the risk of being tempted to pay money. If you're adamant about not spending a dime, you should focus on what you need first.

Sustains are universal. There's best in slot, like Huo Huo with DoT. But DoT team works fine with Gepard or Bailu or even a highly invested Lynx.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah there’s no danger of spending real money - hence the “going insane” part of that sentence :D I really do want more sustain.

I’ll probably wait until the week before 2.1 hits to see what changes in the kits and then decide whether I’m pulling on Sparkle (I’ve no Bronya), the Fu Xuan rerun, Aventurine, or holding long.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TBF if you have Ratio you should already be fine to make him the cornerstone of a team - if he can't, that's either a relic or comp issue.

Ratio/Pela/Tingyun/$SUSTAIN should be fine unless that sustain is like... Natasha. And if you don't have your Pela/Tingyun built by this point, you either started very recently or just haven't been paying attention. :shrug:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tingyun isn’t built because I pulled RM in the same week, and Pela isn’t built because I pulled her after already committing to Gepard as sustain and RM as buffer, and I didn’t want to drag one additional ice character / more than 1 full team through the equilibrium grind (still in progress). Like I said, WIP.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

misha support characters is rare since she's just a 4* and not that popular since she's pretty niche.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

misha support characters is rare since she's just a 4* and not that popular since she's pretty niche.

misha is a dude

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Misha is a figment of our imagination

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

GateOfD posted:

why does this keep happening?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

Misha is a figment of our imagination

Misha doesn't exist, the whole thing is a conspiracy by Big Hoyo

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

GateOfD posted:

he seems more of a dps hybrid, so i just wonder if he be able to solo sustain in high SU level difficulties

He probably can, but you'll have to use your skill a lot more. So I don't think Aventurine will dethrone Gepard in SU at the very least, considering Gepard's big shield is on his Ult, and there are various things in SU that can help you charge your Ult faster.

He may be better in Elation in particular, since besides constantly doing followups for Path synergy, the SP regen on FUA blessing makes spamming his skill a non issue, but for other Paths I think Gepard would still be the top pick. Especially Nihility.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 23, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

padijun posted:

why does this keep happening?

It's literally a predominantly male name too so I'm gonna assume it's just western brains seeing the -a and assuming female along with his design

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I maintain that preservation gepard is a lot of fun so for me he’ll always have that niche.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Misha's just a regular 4 star dps. Like, he doesn't even equal Dan Heng's single target damage, and his ult is an rng blast, so he's not great in multi-target scenarios. The only good thing about him is that he's an ice dps that does more single target damage than Herta. If you like him, use him in a hypercarry comp and go to town. I'm not a fan of his design or animations. I'd rather focus on Xueyi for my ice dps needs.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sleng Teng posted:

Yeah there’s no danger of spending real money - hence the “going insane” part of that sentence :D I really do want more sustain.

I’ll probably wait until the week before 2.1 hits to see what changes in the kits and then decide whether I’m pulling on Sparkle (I’ve no Bronya), the Fu Xuan rerun, Aventurine, or holding long.

This is the way. I was going to do the same because I really want Sparkle, too, but after going through the story, I decided Aventurine was more important to me. His kit honestly doesn't matter to me. Hopefully, Sparkle gets rerun soon and not close to Screwllum.

Edit: Also, if you're going to stick with Ratio, then you should prioritize Pela over Tingyun. Less rng for your follow-ups.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 23, 2024

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Misha's been a fun sub dps on my E2 DHIL team

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

In my opinion, sustain and supports are more important than damage dealers.

It all comes down to team comp and what your specific account needs. Generalizations like this are mostly pointless. The *right* dps or support can be a huge step up in your general account power level. Which 4* eidolons (or standard 5* eidolons)you have makes a big difference in which limited 5* is optimal to pull for, but that gets very little discussion before people start throwing out recommendations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So I've been embarking on a dumb experiment the past...month and a half or so. I noticed I have 40 something of the trace balls, and decided gently caress it, instead of doing anything truly productive, like try and improve my mid artifacts, it's time to max people out. So many days later (and a week or so break to farm credits because this is stupid expensive), I'm now down to 19, and nowhere close to down realizing you need an inordinate amount of these things. You get so many that they do pile up, relatively, fast, but if you actually try and use them you burn them fast. Up to 8 per char is a lot it turns out. I'm not a fan of this system at all, at least compared to Genshin crowns. Crowns were rarer, but you only ever needed them for the final skill, letting characters feel more complete without spending them at all. Stopping traces at level 8 feels bad. I suppose one can go to 9 and save 3 traces, but then it feels like once you've started, you might as well go all the way. Just quite a bit more frustrating than what worked well in Genshin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would prioritize danIL over most supports, he really is a special kind of ignorant system breaker. And I roll mostly supports.