Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

REmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
REmoulade

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lavatein posted:

I'm gonna do it.

I'm going to play Dark Souls II :hai:

How much do you know about it / how much do you want to know about it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
R3Make

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Erg posted:

REbirth
REmake

the science speaks for itself man

homeless snail posted:

interesting. what do you think the third one will be called

if the pattern holds, the third installment will be called Rebaby

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

homeless snail posted:

regay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Remake
Rebirth
Reprobate

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Cloud, no!

Lavatein
May 5, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

How much do you know about it / how much do you want to know about it?

I know basically nothing except that a lot of people don't like it as much as the first one. DS1 is the only From game I've played and I got all the cheevos in that.

You can tell me which starting gift is best because I'm making my character now, and I'm open to any general non-spoilery tips :)

(Playing the original btw not SotFS)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Lavatein posted:

I'm gonna do it.

I'm going to play Dark Souls II :hai:

If you wait until the 27th the Return to Drangleic event will be going on. Multiplayer stuff will be more populated. Or just start today and get your Rat Cave ready :unsmigghh:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lavatein posted:

I know basically nothing except that a lot of people don't like it as much as the first one. DS1 is the only From game I've played and I got all the cheevos in that.

You can tell me which starting gift is best because I'm making my character now, and I'm open to any general non-spoilery tips :)

(Playing the original btw not SotFS)

The BIG tip imo is that an early levelling goal should be raising your Adaptability, it increases your number of invincibility frames when dodging and iirc speeds up estrus-drinking speed, imo decent Adaptability is required to make the game feel Good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

I mean the obvious choice considering FF7 is REunion

Also man Black Flag is still so good

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Waffleman_ posted:

Also man Black Flag is still so good

Yeah, that's probably it.

But given the whole defying fate thing, might hold out for the dark horse candidate of REvolt/REvolution.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

The BIG tip imo is that an early levelling goal should be raising your Adaptability, it increases your number of invincibility frames when dodging and iirc speeds up estrus-drinking speed, imo decent Adaptability is required to make the game feel Good

to be more specific: there's a secondary stat called Agility (AGL) that increases based off of Adaptability and Attunement, and AGL determines your total iframes when rolling. if you want the dark souls 1 midroll, you'll need at least 96 agility, while fast roll requires at least 105

i'd definitely recommend at least getting to 96 at a minimum, which thankfully doesn't require too many stat points sacrificed to the adaptability gods

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

AlphaKeny1 posted:

can we embed background music in threads please

Yes but it has to be a nmd goon live streaming a bespoke performance which Jeffrey will retain the rights to in perpetuity

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

That was my guess up until they used Reunion for the Crisis Core remaster.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

homeless snail posted:

There are some Matrix movies with ideas.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Did they make a tie in game for the newest Matrii film?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Khanstant posted:

Did they make a tie in game for the newest Matrii film?
They made a tech demo for Unreal Engine 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish we were getting a new Matrix game, but yeah it was just a tech demo.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

DaveKap posted:

They made a tech demo for Unreal Engine 5.

Ah, so it wasn't a film.. they're calling it a TECH DEMO, eh? Clever...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Anyone played Pacific Drive yet? Looks interesting https://store.steampowered.com/app/1458140/Pacific_Drive/

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Picked this up to give a good try at the weekend. I love the moody rainy vibe.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The 7th Guest posted:

they have omitted remasters from the wall before, 2023 was like that, they included RE4 Remake but not the basic "port in higher resolution" remasters

not sure why P3 Reload isn't included though since it is a full fledged remake but w/e

remake means too many different things
is it a new game with new gameplay? or is it the old game in a spiffy new engine that looks better but nevertheless still plays mostly the same

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

HopperUK posted:

Picked this up to give a good try at the weekend. I love the moody rainy vibe.

Nice! let me know how you like it. The negative steam reviews seem to focus on the checkpoint save system being kinda lame, but that wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

Nice! let me know how you like it. The negative steam reviews seem to focus on the checkpoint save system being kinda lame, but that wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me

Yeah I think the way it was initially presented was an "Race as far as you can inside the zone before you die, then reset and do it again" deal rather than the mission based extraction driver the demo was.

I think it's conceptually cool as hell though, so I'll probably grab it eventually

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Good Morning Thread, it's been a long week having to travel 900 miles for a family funeral, going back into work on Friday seemed like a great idea at the time

my only question to you today is; which is better, the European or American box art for Solstice on the NES?, i really cant decide

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
gotta go with left here

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Solstice theme owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Beef wizard is best wizard

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

If I didn't have so much in the backlog, I'd give this a whirl as I'm a big fan of Roadside Picnic and SkillUp says that this is one of the best games influenced by it.

Hell, I might just get in anyway and drop BG3 until next year when I feel like it - another Game of the Year that I'm just not that into.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shinjobi posted:

Cloud, no!

Blame Tifa at least

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I think the difference between a remake and a remaster is usually quite obvious

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

gotta go with left here

Coward

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's really cool. It's basically STALKER, except you're in a car and making runs for materials. You're constantly on the lookout for things to dismantle, either for the crafting stuff or for the things you can stick to your car (getting inordinately excited finding a halfway decent bumper to replace the I-beam that I've bungie-corded onto the front of my car). I've only played a few runs but it has a great tempo of going from chill, unsettling vibes where you're driving/walking around while hearing something unpleasant buzz just beyond the treeline, to making mad dashes away from things with spotlights that are going to wreck you if they spot you.

I'm also a big fan of the the UI, and how incomprehensible it is to start.

Edit: I also much prefer the run-based gameplay, for what its worth. The feeling of building up this car, the worry of what you'll lose if you don't make it (and like many things in the game, this is adjustable), the mad dash for the end, works well.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Infinitum posted:

I have no idea why well respected 54 year old actor Cate Blanchett is playing 20-30 year old Lilith in this movie

getting 60 year old men to play 25 year old characters has been standard in the industry for decades. Why can't women have a go?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/IGN/status/1761021074085380168?s=2

:rip: I doubt this will stick around as long as Avengers did before they pull the plug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/rZnBFra.mp4

Oh well looking forward to picking it up for $10 just before it eventually dies it's rightful death.

I hope it serves as an example over corporate overreach killing both a profitable game studio and franchise, but it won't.
Morons who forced GaaS into it will get their golden handshake and go gently caress something else up.

Gripweed posted:

getting 60 year old men to play 25 year old characters has been standard in the industry for decades. Why can't women have a go?

Cause it's dumb regardless of who's doing it?