Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Should have won the Gimmick Battle Royale instead of Iron Sheik (RIP) who I'm pretty sure couldn't take the bump which is why he had to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
anyone see Destroy all neighbors

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. I didn’t like it. Good effects with a fun neon glow but it’s one of those stories where the main character kinda sucks and his whole life is turned upside down but in a bad way and tbh it just wasn’t fun to watch.

I don’t like stories like that.

Also i couldn’t understand what the gently caress Alex winters character was saying. I don’t enjoy subtitles because it just distracts me and I don’t think a film should require I put them on to even vaguely understand what they’re saying

Extremely not for me.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in my opinion the geography not making sense in it follows works in its favor because the movie is a nightmare and functions on dream logic

Same re: time period it takes place.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah. I didn’t like it. Good effects with a fun neon glow but it’s one of those stories where the main character kinda sucks and his whole life is turned upside down but in a bad way and tbh it just wasn’t fun to watch.

I don’t like stories like that.

Also i couldn’t understand what the gently caress Alex winters character was saying. I don’t enjoy subtitles because it just distracts me and I don’t think a film should require I put them on to even vaguely understand what they’re saying

Extremely not for me.

I felt the same way. The main character is entirely unlikable.
The whole movie feels ashamed of itself. Like everyone was going to come out at the end and apologize for being weird.

I wouldn't call it a genuinely bad movie, there are some good scenes and some good effects. I don't hate that I watched it, I just wanted it to deliver on what its trailer claimed.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I didn't hate it but every scene that Alex Winters wasn't in felt lacking. him going nuts to EDM was fun though

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah exactly. I don’t mind a story where the main character is unlikeable or starts off unlikable

But it never makes me feel like anything was worth it narratively if your main character is a bit of a wuss, finally acts, which causes a chain of events that lead to murder or something and the whole story is like leading up to them having some kind of inner peace but it ends with them in prison forever. Okay?

I think it’s just once the film got going and I knew the way it was going to shake out I just kinda stopped being into it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

i haven't even seen it, but same

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i haven't even seen it, but same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd7HXt6a78w

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s definitely up there with the worst thing I rented at blockbuster that a bunch of nerds wouldn’t stop yapping about

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's called camp and I'm so sorry you'll never understand its beauty.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s annoying is what it is. It’s not even catchy or good. Every actor is just terrible except for Anthony head

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah I'm into Camp... Sleepaway Camp

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Qft

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The tragically ludicrous, the ludicrously tragic. You know, like when a clown dies.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space still rules and I'm happy it's getting this renaissance lately between merchandise and Halloween Horror Nights.

If the powers that be could get to work on bringing Night of the Creeps back into the public consciousness, I'd like that, too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s also a dumb KK game coming out soon

I say dumb because I don’t like these IP movie games being multiplayer only. I’d love a KK game that was about bein a Klown like destroy all humans

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

As a dude who loves both musical theater and industrial music, I SHOULD love Repo! but it's so, so bad. All the songs suck, it's shot pretty badly, and it just sort of limps from scene to scene. Worst of all, poor Anthony Stewart Head is really going all out with a genuinely great performance. Everyone else looks like they're just trying to get their scenes over with so they can get back to trying to feel each other up in the green room.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I’d love a KK game that was about bein a Klown like destroy all humans

dear God no. Can you imagine a 25 hour collectathon open-world game with Enter the Gladiators playing the whole way through?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Skrillmub posted:

I felt the same way. The main character is entirely unlikable.
The whole movie feels ashamed of itself. Like everyone was going to come out at the end and apologize for being weird.

I wouldn't call it a genuinely bad movie, there are some good scenes and some good effects. I don't hate that I watched it, I just wanted it to deliver on what its trailer claimed.

Same I wanted to dump his books the entire movie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shrecknet posted:

dear God no. Can you imagine a 25 hour collectathon open-world game with Enter the Gladiators playing the whole way through?

Idk what this means

I just want to destroy humans as a Klown

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Idk what this means

I just want to destroy humans as a Klown
https://youtube.com/_B0CyOAO8y0

the music most people think of as the "send in the clowns" song is correctly known as "Introduction of the Gladiators"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just want to turn some humans into Cotten candy man

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's called kitsch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This movie sucked absolute balls in ways you'd never expect. The director submitted it to TIFF and it was initially rejected but the programmer gave some notes on how to improve it. It was recut and approved for TIFF but the director sent in the original rejected version instead. Safe to say that director will not ever be invited back to the festival.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sent the old one out of spite or because he’s dumb?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Killer Klowns kills are pretty harrowing for a quasi comedy movie. Same with the spider deaths in Eight Legged Freaks. I just hate the idea of being cocooned and slowly eaten but I also have arachnophobia soo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Sent the old one out of spite or because he’s dumb?

Both. The programmer told me it was intentional. He was probably right on his notes too because I don't know a single person who liked the version that was screened. It's a complete mess.

Maybe the theatrical version is the recut version, I don't know. I haven't seen that version but it has to be better than the original which makes some of the most baffling editing choices I've seen in an action movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s stupid. People who refuse criticism annoy the hell out of me

Sometimes it can be wrong but it’s always important and worth it to at least entertain it. Never know!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

yeah I'm into Camp... Sleepaway Camp

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Doltos posted:

The Killer Klowns kills are pretty harrowing for a quasi comedy movie. Same with the spider deaths in Eight Legged Freaks. I just hate the idea of being cocooned and slowly eaten but I also have arachnophobia soo

Killer Klowns scared me as a little kid. I was real bad at picking up humor in movies that weren't comedies, so the movie was ultimately just about alien clowns murdering people in horrific ways. It also didn't help that I was scared of both aliens and clowns so combining the two was basically my personal version of Hell.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Leatherhead posted:

As a dude who loves both musical theater and industrial music, I SHOULD love Repo! but it's so, so bad. All the songs suck, it's shot pretty badly, and it just sort of limps from scene to scene. Worst of all, poor Anthony Stewart Head is really going all out with a genuinely great performance.

Yes! I was all set to love it because, on paper, it felt tailor made for young Naked Man Punch. But I saw it two years ago and, oh boy, did I hate it.

The songs still come up on MusicChoice's annual October playlist and like Glee's covers of "Rocky Horror," I count the seconds until they're over.

Side note: I also watched Phantom of the Paradise for the first time a week later and hated -- the fact that I did NOT see when I was, like, nineteen, because I'd have worn out two copies of the soundtrack by now. :)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

God, Phantom of the Paradise is so loving good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phantom does everything right where’s repo does everything wrong

And phantom is campy as gently caress

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Don't pit two queens against each other :shrug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Too late.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Camp is good but RtGO is like funko pop level cringe.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Shrecknet posted:

I can, and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Has Killer Klowns never gotten a 4K blu-ray release? Thats kind of surprising with how big of a push the IP has had the past two years