Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think they’re the same energy at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had this idea bouncing around in their head for the last month or so.

I'm confused about the ADR thing, I'm guessing its due to a rewrite, but what kind of rewrite would require you to re-do literally all of the villains dialogue but nobody elses?

“Please clap” is also what Sony has been saying to their audience for years now

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tbh everyone clapped when venom bit off Cassidy’s head. poo poo was hilarious

“gently caress THIS GUY!”

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

One More Fat Nerd posted:

https://twitter.com/TomZohar/status/1760412432940576946?s=20

Of course they're just cribbing after true classics of design.

lmao

CelticPredator posted:

Tbh everyone clapped when venom bit off Cassidy’s head. poo poo was hilarious

“gently caress THIS GUY!”

Truly one of the greatest moments in 21st Century Cinema. It's right up there with Matt Smith's Morbius dance. And I'm not saying this sarcastically or ironically. I love that both of these things exist. They rule.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i love how the sk8tergirl was just like "let's dance on the table for boys!"

like what

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I'm really excited to see this movie. It seems like it might finally cure me of the desire to watch superhero trash (ok I am still going to watch Spider-Verse 3 but they are broadly actually good movies).

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Alan Smithee posted:

i love how the sk8tergirl was just like "let's dance on the table for boys!"

like what

Mash up of that scene and the one of Mark Wahlberg in Transformers explaining age of consent laws to everyone present.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lines posted:

I'm really excited to see this movie. It seems like it might finally cure me of the desire to watch superhero trash (ok I am still going to watch Spider-Verse 3 but they are broadly actually good movies).

Broadly doing a lot of work regarding the second one imo, but theyr good animation showcases

I'm excited to watch this garbage it's been a while since we had a good funnybad movie

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

Broadly doing a lot of work regarding the second one imo, but theyr good animation showcases

I'm excited to watch this garbage it's been a while since we had a good funnybad movie

Yes I think the second one was stronger as a piece of animation but weaker as a whole movie, in part because it has Back To The Future 2-itis and isn't really a whole story per se. I think if they land the third one in a half-decent place, of comparable quality at least to 2, they have the makings of a classic trilogy. They should then stop there and not milk them! (They will not do this.)

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lines posted:

It's not good, but you'll have much more fun with this dopey movie than say the Eternals.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's not good, but you'll have much more fun with this dopey movie than say the Eternals.

Me and my dad quite liked the Eternals but he liked it because it was slow and not too frantic and had interesting imagery, and I liked it because finding movies he enjoys is harder these days. I would not watch it again, yes.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I do feel the tiniest bit bad about Madame Web being a trash fire but only because Sydney Sweeney was apparently really excited about the character that she was supposed to be playing and actually wanted to make movies about her but... well.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
can't wait for them all to appear in a spiderman X deadpool movie ala andrew garfield as water under the bridge

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

josh04 posted:

Mash up of that scene and the one of Mark Wahlberg in Transformers explaining age of consent laws to everyone present.

Just want to correct the record here, I believe waglberg was the one receiving the explanation of age of consent laws, from his underage daughter’s older boyfriend

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

is the CD comic book movie thread gone?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

omg chael crash posted:

Comic book movies are dead. So is the thread.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

fair

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

omg chael crash posted:

The CD Comic Book Movie Thread was last seen in the amazon with Machete Zombie researching spiders.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

i guess i'll go to the SW thread for my SMG posts then

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
You best start believing in comic book movie threads, you're in one!!!!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
There hasn’t been an interesting comicsbook movie in theatres for nearly a decade now. It’s over, folks.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

There hasn’t been an interesting comicsbook movie in theatres for nearly a decade now. It’s over, folks.

Blade came out in 1998.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Road to Perdition in 2002.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
A history of violence in 2005.
:hai:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Babylon A.D. in 2008.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Cade: The Tortured Crossing in 2023.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Madame Web, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dead Dead Demon’s De De De De Destruction comes out like next month.

notenome
Jul 26, 2023

Taika Waititi's adaptation of The Incal, due to come out never because everyone sobered up and realized it was a horrible idea

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Uwe Boll's Redo of Healer (2026)

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
This just makes me think can a rich person finance a Uwe Boll movie versus a Werner Herzog movie 25m each and either coin flip or Werner gets to choose running order but sight unseen.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Madame Web still hasn't reached the amount Morbius made on its first weekend and now news articles are coming out stating Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney were tricked by their agents into thinking this was an MCU film.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lid posted:

Madame Web still hasn't reached the amount Morbius made on its first weekend and now news articles are coming out stating Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney were tricked by their agents into thinking this was an MCU film.
That sounds like a load of crap. They’ve misstated in interviews that they’re part of the MCU but I don’t think there’s any trickery involved here. Like non-nerds actors really understand, or care about, the difference between Sony Spider-Man and Marvel Spider-Man.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vegetable posted:

That sounds like a load of crap. They’ve misstated in interviews that they’re part of the MCU but I don’t think there’s any trickery involved here. Like non-nerds actors really understand, or care about, the difference between Sony Spider-Man and Marvel Spider-Man.

I loving guarantee you they understand the difference between “you will have cameo roles in Disney blockbusters for years to come off the back of this” and “you are in the modern day Elektra(2005)”

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Gotta be real it feels at least a little sexist to assume that the women in this movie are only in it because they’re too dumb to figure out franchise planning.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not sexist when it’s something that actually happened. Both Johnson and Sweeny tagged marvel studios excitedly sharing the announcement of being in it.

Could’ve been a mistake of the tagging but still. It’s not something invented from the ether

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://x.com/hernandy_s/status/1752098462869418344?s=46

Here’s a thread where more actors tag marvel studios lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You'd think the fact that they weren't trucked off to a greenscreen compound would have tipped them off

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pirate Jet posted:

Gotta be real it feels at least a little sexist to assume that the women in this movie are only in it because they’re too dumb to figure out franchise planning.

Now now it came out Matt Smith was bamboozled too. He thought he was being offered MCU and called Karen Gillan who saud accept its a whole lot if fun not realising they would never overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lid posted:

Now now it came out Matt Smith was bamboozled too. He thought he was being offered MCU and called Karen Gillan who saud accept its a whole lot if fun not realising they would never overlap.

Nowhere in the original article does it say that Smith thought he was going to be in an MCU movie.

CelticPredator posted:

https://x.com/hernandy_s/status/1752098462869418344?s=46

Here’s a thread where more actors tag marvel studios lol

I don’t believe this is proof they thought they were going to be in the MCU, especially when you consider Marvel Entertainment (the company responsible for licensing Marvel properties out to other, non-Disney studios) doesn’t have an Instagram account. The Bad Bunny quote also doesn’t say anything about being in the MCU, just “joining a family.”

Audiences have generally been smart enough to know when these movies are and aren’t in the MCU. Morbius’s marketing campaign was an explicit attempt to attach it to such a successful brand (the film’s tagline was “A New Marvel Legend Arrives”) and it didn’t work. To assume that they couldn’t tell the difference between this and the MCU - especially Sweeney, who pushed for a more comics-accurate costume for Julia Carpenter - is to believe they are completely aloof of the biggest trend in the movie industry in a way that, like, Jared Leto wouldn’t be.