Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

They short horses, don’t they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No, they shoot them.

And bbby was taken behind the barn many months ago.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bobstar posted:

Difference between the people in that story and the meme stonk crowd is the dance contestants had things so bad their only option was being exploited for entertainment.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

A dead horse is still a horse, these guys are putting exacta parleys on bottles of glue

Still too close to betting on a real horse. They're trying to bet on a hermit crab at the Kentucky Derby.

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
They're betting on the Beatles to reunite and win the World Series by five touchdowns.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

They are the starfish, entering a rock into a snail race.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pixaal posted:

They are the starfish, entering a rock into a snail race.
Well if they'd just enter the race themselves they would of easily won!

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/starfish.html posted:

Adult sunflower sea stars can move at the astonishing speed of one meter per minute using 15,000 tube feet.

https://www.papertrell.com/apps/pre...e0_default.html posted:

Many snails move at a speed of less than 3 inches (8 centimeters) per minute. This means that if a snail did not stop to rest or eat, it could travel 16 feet (4.8 meters) per hour.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Apparently PP is sending prayer-tweets to Pulte that Ryan Cohen needs to start following ThePPShow to give them a sign. This is a very serious and reasonable investment strategy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cannot wait for all the current names to abandon this entirely and for the cult to wind up stuck on the last remaining prophet of the memestock

Probably Kais, but maybe an even more obscure person on reddit

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

rotinaj posted:

Cannot wait for all the current names to abandon this entirely and for the cult to wind up stuck on the last remaining prophet of the memestock

Probably Kais, but maybe an even more obscure person on reddit

Look that anonomous youtube commentator that always Comments "farrrrrrt" on every BBAY and GME stock video knows something I tell you. Just look on 3/5 The commented "farrrt" but on the 6/5 video the commented "farrrrrrrrrrt", if you graph the r usages in each comment across time against shareprice you clearly see...

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

dr_rat posted:

Look that anonomous youtube commentator that always Comments "farrrrrrt" on every BBAY and GME stock video knows something I tell you. Just look on 3/5 The commented "farrrt" but on the 6/5 video the commented "farrrrrrrrrrt", if you graph the r usages in each comment across time against shareprice you clearly see...

They're leaning on the r key for comedic effect when they spell "fart."

You know who's name begins with R? :smug:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

dr_rat posted:

Faaaaaaarrrrrrrrttttt.

This is not financial advice.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Sure, but that's just penny stocks. In your analogy this is like finding a bookie who will somehow let you bet on a horse that's already been euthanized.

LOL. "Meme Stock Madness: betting on a horse that's already been euthanized."

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

drk posted:

I mean its basically just gambling? In years gone by, these guys would be talking about a hot tip on the fourth race down at the Aqueduct

"Yeah, BBBY can really break from an outside post position, and only lost last last time because of muddy track conditions. Sure, he's got less than two weeks of rest, but that's where trainer Ryan Cohen comes in, with a spectacular success rate. Pace makes the race"

its gambling combined with Dunning-Kruger. None of the :airquote: investors :airquote: want to admit that they literally have no idea how any of this poo poo (or business in general) works. There's a chance that some of them would figure it out, but they all stumbled into an echo chamber with a lot of bad-faith actors screaming NO YOU CAN STILL WIN

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Once in awhile I'll see a post from someone admitting they lost a lot of money and were like you guys promised us we'd be rich and now I've lost it all, is no one going to actually apologize at the very least for all of this? The replies are always like "hey don't invest anything you're not ready to lose" or "hey none of us put a gun to your head and told you to buy it". Absolutely no empathy at all, even in defeat they're all horrible people.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I made a haiku:

apes together strong!
they eat bananas don't they?
to the moon! (divorce)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The MOASS already happened. And they all missed it. That’s the funniest part.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Tunicate posted:

Look, it's a sure win, nobody's beating a dead horse.

empty quote

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

davecrazy posted:

No no no. That was a minor short squeeze. The stock going up to a million per share is the MOASS.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

davecrazy posted:

I'm sorry, I think you meant the "Mother of all Short SNEEZES", because I don't have $Texas yet.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
r/Teddy is slowly transitioning language from "buying BBBY bonds" to "buying Butterfly shares!", equating them through a firm ape belief in a future debt-for-equity swap that involves BBBY, GME, Teddy, and increasingly Toys R Us now that apparently there's some news about TRU making some death rattle thrashing in some private market so obviously it's going to the moon.

I suppose the BBBY plan admin is probably happy that apes have found a new way to burn stacks of $100 bills and aren't bothering him anymore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
These guys would buy Enron stock if they could get their hands on it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Bobstar posted:

lmao

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'm loading up on BADH stonks myself before the FEDs tell me I can't buy it anymore.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I always double take seeing the action figure for a Fortnite character that looks like Agent 47 and then triple take seeing he's called Diamond Hanz.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shills in shambles LFG 🚀🚀🚀🌕🌕🌕

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

I believe very strongly that everything we’ve been anticipating is happening right now, in real time, and right before our very eyes.

My name is ApeMama, a Reddit alt I made a couple of years ago specific to the RC play. I started with full time lurking in January 2021 over at wsb when I bought my very first stock just as it was coming down from the sneeze. I fell in love with a kitty who roared and an amazing businessman named Ryan Cohen, bounced from sub to sub as each became compromised, and devoured any DD I could get my shiny new diamond hands on.

I was there for the snortable red crayon that only just barely won the banner contest, bedposts and mayo, a computer-chair, weekend FUD, ice cream and a frog, DRS that went from a tentative 10% to all-the-gently caress-in, the roadside sign guy, cookies for GS employees, cross DReSsing Ryan memes, Wu-Tang Clan and a dark gray hoodie, buying moar (I do like the stock), all-night banking lights (revealing other snortable things), rocket stickers, bananyas, winking leaders, and the holy trinity of 7:4:1. I watched and cheered as DFV stood up for people like me before Congress, and I drank a final shot with him when he posted a St. Patrick’s Day toast in March of ‘22.

Like everyone else, I’ve been buckled the gently caress up for 84 years, and it’s a good thing because this has been one hell of a bumpy ride. I’ve watched my beloved stock disappear from my brokerage, and leave no trace of what I’d DRS’ed. I’ve endured gleeful chides and taunts that I’ve “lost it all”. I’ve watched perceived heroes called into question, and some fall to disgrace. I’ve watched grifters infiltrate our trusted circles and wreak havoc. I’ve found myself doubting who could and could not be trusted, changing my mind about that, and changing it again. I’ve thanked all that is that I never gave into the urge to borrow to buy more - the single-best protector of my zen. I’ve juggled paychecks against “inflation” to make ends meet, and fended off fears when life happened and I could have really used some returns on the money I’d invested.

The one thing I’ve never done: considered selling.

When all this started, I expected the MOASS around every corner. I never in a million years would have thought it would take so long. Now, though, I think to myself, well, of course it has! And now I believe this will be oh-so-much more glorious than any old short squeeze could ever be, mother-of-all or not. Not saying I don’t think MOASS will happen, only that it’s no longer my golden ring.

If you want the truth, I think this whole thing has the potential to literally and finally change the world for the better, and I’m goddamn here for it.

I eyed BBBY for a while and bought in (against the wailings of SS’s “only one true stock!”) When I first heard the rumor that RC sold, I didn’t believe it. FUD! When it was confirmed, I was stunned. But before long, I was as convinced as ever that something more was afoot. I knew in my heart that RC would never knowingly rug shareholders. So I paid close attention to any bit of news I could find. When I saw the GMEDD interview, I knew without a shadow of doubt that this play was absolute gold.

One thing I’ve never heard discussed is the fact that he never said (at least in that interview) that he sold because he didn’t like the company. Sure, he implied it, but what he actually said was this: [ums and you-knows etc omitted]

My views of the business clearly changed. And I was highly critical of the strategy … in the letter that I put out. In general, it’s rare to see a company go from aggressively repurchasing shares to losing a lot of money. When I saw that, and I saw the results … my views changed of the business, and ultimately I sold.

Ultimately I sold. Not, so I sold.

His only expressed opinions of the business were “highly critical”. Those opinions changed. And ultimately he sold. And, by the way, “every detail matters”. 😉

My god, I admire that man. 💜

As I’ve mentioned, I was a full-time lurker for most of this journey. Frankly, until PP came along and showed genuine respect for peoples’ differing opinions and their right to spend their money how ever they saw fit, I had no desire to jump into the fray only to be mocked or called a shill because I didn’t buy into the “one true stock” idea. (Btw, if you want to mock or call me a shill now, knock yourself out. At this point, it’s practically a right of passage.)

PP inspired and empowered me - and I think a lot of people - to start participating more. I don’t agree with everything he thinks or believes, but frankly I don’t agree 100% with anyone, anywhere. PP demonstrates on every show that we don’t have to agree on every single thing in order to stand together for something we DO believe in. Mad respect and love to Mr. PP for that, and to Mrs. PP too, for supporting him in this endeavor.

So that’s just a few things I’ve wanted to say for a while. I personally don’t think we have a lot of time left in the state we are now in. I believe things are going to change radically for all of us very soon, and when it does, I might not have the opportunity to express these things anymore. The noise of what’s coming is likely to drown us all out, and many of us plan to wink out of social media when that time comes anyway. I’m more than okay with that, but I did want to get it out while I still could.

So back to what I believe is unfolding.

Consensus of late is that whatever RC is up to is going to be dropped all at once, that there will be NO ramp up, that it will all just be in place. Very much hitting the ground running. So, how? How do you have a bunch of enterprises already running when you make the big move to acquire them, all while keeping it a secret AND while all eyes are on you, dissecting everything you say and do?

This is what I believe is right in front of us: Beyond.

I’ve had suspicions about this since Overstock entered the play, but the whole deal has been SO confusing, what with “shared IP rights”, DoM, BYON, Overstock “coming back” after it became Bed Bath, and all of that muddying the waters the way they have. I believe that confusion was ALL on purpose, btw.

And I’ve run hot and cold on Mr. Lemonis like everyone else has. But I just haven’t been able to shake this feeling that he is not as he seems. Then there was the whole “design the logo” thing. Then “we got it” in reference to an inquiry about BuyBuyBaby. Then Baby and Beyond?? With that silly looking baby logo with the kooky eyes? He’s gearing up to be a direct competitor against Ryan Cohen’s Baby?? Really??

Friend or foe, Overstock was clearly privy to and cooperative of whatever it was they pulled off in court. Why would they turn around and try to directly compete with BBBY now when they know damned good and well that BBBY has a rabidly loyal following that they would be ludicrously stupid to cross? Nah. I just don’t buy it. Not for a second.

So there’s the gist of my suspicions. Then I saw this post on Twitter: [TIN FOIL ALERT]

https://i.imgur.com/dU5MxPt.jpg

What an interesting response, wouldn’t you say? And check out that list of tags Lemonis is sporting. “Plus many more”??

And, if you’re anything like me and you reeeeallllly like the chewiest of foils, check out this extra little tidbit I found just tonight when I went for that last screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/ilNlIbz.jpg

“Exactly”. Make it make sense!

And now there’s this:

http://beyond.com

That looks a helluva lot like… a bank. Among other things.

So here’s my (entirely opinion-based) theory: Mr. L is setting up part of RC’s vision with Beyond. I think RC/GameStop(/Teddy/DKButterfly) is about to perform a/many M/A(s), snatch up some of these relevant entities (like a bank) that will have already been established, along with others in the works, like Baby. And Chewy. (Pure Teddy book tin there.) And who knows what else.

Now, with RC at the helm, a corn-less winter coming to an end (“an early spring!”), insiders like Bezos and Dimon dumping stock like crazy (smells like parachutes of gold) and this fun little five billy mystery purchase by BH set to be announced on our next (extremely compelling) hype date… well, even if I’m dead wrong about every single theory here (which I 100% acknowledge that I may be) I’m not the least bit worried.

Whatever is coming, it’s going to be out of this world. I have zero doubt. As far as I’m concerned, not even the sky is the limit.

See y’all on Uranus, friends. Maybe we’ll pass by a full moon on the way.🚀🌕

Peace.✌️🍦🦋🧸💜

Top reply:

quote:

Well said and great speculation. I'm excited too!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Teddy/comments/1axxmc1/right_in_front_of_our_eyes/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

quote:

well, even if I’m dead wrong about every single theory here (which I 100% acknowledge that I may be) I’m not the least bit worried.

idk you should probably be at least a bit worried

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if he's wrong about every single theory here then there must be an even more outrageous theory that actually does explain everything, so there's no need to worry

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I ain't reading all that loving poo poo jfc what a rambling post.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They're all the same poo poo when you get down to it too. Just the same buzzwords put together in slightly different orders.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They're all the same poo poo when you get down to it too. Just the same buzzwords put together in slightly different orders.

You can also just take people talking about Jesus or any other religion and substitute a few keywords.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

pseudanonymous posted:

You can also just take people talking about Jesus or any other religion and substitute a few keywords.

It is definitely interesting how messianic the whole thing is

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Zero One posted:

I was there for the snortable red crayon that only just barely won the banner contest, bedposts and mayo, a computer-chair, weekend FUD, ice cream and a frog, DRS that went from a tentative 10% to all-the-gently caress-in, the roadside sign guy, cookies for GS employees, cross DReSsing Ryan memes, Wu-Tang Clan and a dark gray hoodie, buying moar (I do like the stock), all-night banking lights (revealing other snortable things), rocket stickers, bananyas, winking leaders, and the holy trinity of 7:4:1. I watched and cheered as DFV stood up for people like me before Congress, and I drank a final shot with him when he posted a St. Patrick’s Day toast in March of ‘22.

so this is what having a stroke feels like

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I ain't reading all that loving poo poo jfc what a rambling post.

It's a religious testimonial. Here are the major themes:

• Patience is how your faith is tested
  • Only the righteous will be rewarded

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I knew a guy pre internet that had a manic episode and got all excited about some business crap but he'd fly off on enthusiastic rants about all types of things. That post feels a lot like that. It looks like mentally ill folks having manic episodes are getting snagged in meme stock nonsense. Manic people today can group up on the internet and validate each other. It's kind of sad.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

I knew a guy pre internet that had a manic episode and got all excited about some business crap but he'd fly off on enthusiastic rants about all types of things. That post feels a lot like that. It looks like mentally ill folks having manic episodes are getting snagged in meme stock nonsense. Manic people today can group up on the internet and validate each other. It's kind of sad.

Lowtax gave a talk about this very phenomenon years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5lx-17OV8g

It's kind of the basis of this entire site.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
It's been a few days since this thread got bumped, so I figured I'd give a brief update:

• February 24th was the latest hype date for BBBYQ, as this was 10 days since the chambers-only meeting where the judge approved [insert baggie fantasy here] and it could be announced. Naturally, nothing happened.

• Also on February 24th, Warren Buffet released his annual shareholders' letter. Surprisingly, Berkshire did not acquire BBBY.

• The CIO of Dream on Me confirmed they have no active relationship with BBBY or Ryan Cohen.

• The Plan Administrator gave a claims status update, part of which was calling that $11.8 billion claim "arguably baseless" and excluding it from the actual claims total.

• One of the components of that claim is $425 million for "money". Like, actually listing "money", in all lower case, as a claim in a legal filing

Naturally, this is all bullish.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

MD2020 posted:

Naturally, this is all bullish.

Doesn't "bullish" generally mean you should buy a stock/commodity/etc? How are they buying more BBBY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hello Sailor posted:

Doesn't "bullish" generally mean you should buy a stock/commodity/etc? How are they buying more BBBY?

If there is one thing I have learned from all of this, there is always someone excited to accept money in exchange for a good of questionable provenance