Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah, I guess I forgot you can just find Faction gear on the ground :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
For the Druid, should I lean into one form or is the druid more centred on constantly swapping forms?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

D.Fuzzbot posted:

For the Druid, should I lean into one form or is the druid more centred on constantly swapping forms?

You should lean into one form.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sab669 posted:

I think that must be newish. Pretty sure that didn’t happen last I played ~1 year ago.

Actually I don’t remember faction loot in LE, I was thinking of Grim Dawn.

D.Fuzzbot posted:

There used to be a build that swapped a lot, I think it was from bug -> bear

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 24, 2024

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Looks like the loading times have shot way up again with the new player count peak, was working fine a few hours ago. Time to go back to monolithing.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Volte posted:

Hating a mandatory repetitious campaign is totally understandable but I'm trying and failing to imagine why someone would play an ARPG if they hate the very concept of levelling.

Leveling itself isn't the issue. It's that everything up until a certain point (level 50, world tier 3, campaign completion, whatever) doesn't matter. You're playing an inconsequential side mode to the real game and you have to do it every season because reasons.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Mailer posted:

Leveling itself isn't the issue. It's that everything up until a certain point (level 50, world tier 3, campaign completion, whatever) doesn't matter. You're playing an inconsequential side mode to the real game and you have to do it every season because reasons.

Where does the "real game" start and why is it there?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Kaddish posted:

I think that must be newish. Pretty sure that didn’t happen last I played ~1 year ago.

Literally just came out with 1.0.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Sab669 posted:

Yeah, that's CoF gear and the entire point of CoF is that it adds to drops: the extra drops you get from CoF mechanics will have that faction requirement.

Speaking of CoF - obviously the ideal outcome is fixing zone transitions online but in the meantime I hope they add access to the Bazaar/telescopes/faction vendors to End of Time or the zone between monoliths because ugh zoning into Observatory stings when things get laggy.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 24, 2024

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Double Bill posted:

Looks like the loading times have shot way up again with the new player count peak, was working fine a few hours ago. Time to go back to monolithing.

Yeah I made the mistake of trying to go pick up more prophecies and now I can't get back ingame, poo poo.

E: Got back in after a few tries and learned my lesson. Monos for life!

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 24, 2024

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Erulisse posted:

Where does the "real game" start and why is it there?

You do understand that, if they add a "Skip campaign button" for those of us that hate repeated campaigns, it is optional right? Like they wont shoot you for pressing it?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Noir89 posted:

You do understand that, if they add a "Skip campaign button" for those of us that hate repeated campaigns, it is optional right? Like they wont shoot you for pressing it?

You do realise no one is forcing you to play?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Erulisse posted:

You do realise no one is forcing you to play?

You do realize that no one is forcing you to post?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jack Trades posted:

You do realize that no one is forcing you to post?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Noir89 posted:

If they added a Skip Campaign button I doubt anyone would complain. Nobody is arguing that they should not add one, only that they shouldn't be expected to add one like it's some kind of mandatory tenet of Good Game Design that you be able to skip the game and be running endgame builds within 5 minutes.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mailer posted:

Same but it's everything from 50-90 too where I find the unique that makes the actual build, and then from 90 up to like 20 hours into 100 when I get one with enough LP to make my real build.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is that the campaign skip of forum posting?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

i wish I could have offline mode running at the same time as online mode

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Jack Trades posted:

Is that the campaign skip of forum posting?

Hopefully EHG gives us an "I WIN" button just big enough to cover his posts, jesus christ

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Diablo 4 had the respec argument. LE has the campaign skip argument. Gotta love ARPGs lol

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Why bother with leveling at all.
Lets just carry over existing characters with every new league/cycle/etc, just naked for economy's sake
Isn't it?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

rafikki posted:

You can switch from online to offline in the character selection screen if you've launched the game in online mode, at least? Not sure if that's precisely what you want but it seems like the closest you can get - if you're playing online and the servers start to die, you can theoretically bail to character selection, switch to offline, and play your offline characters.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

rafikki posted:

I imagine that you can make this happen through instancing your steam account. I don't know why you'd do this, but it most likely works.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Gaming is just a temporary fix until we reach the point that our neurons can be directly manipulated to make us believe that we spent 2000 hours building the ultimate character, finding the rarest loot, and completing 100% of the content to its maximum potential, all within the span of a single instant. Gaming nirvana...

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Tonetta posted:

I imagine that you can make this happen through instancing your steam account. I don't know why you'd do this, but it most likely works.

So I work on my offline character while waiting on loading screens :D yes, i know it's dumb

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

rafikki posted:

So I work on my offline character while waiting on loading screens :D yes, i know it's dumb

this is some real sicko poo poo but xzibit would be proud of you

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

rafikki posted:

Next level gaming congrats goon

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Erulisse posted:

Why bother with leveling at all.
Lets just carry over existing characters with every new league/cycle/etc, just naked for economy's sake
Isn't it?

I like that you have made it abundantly clear that you’re not worth engaging with on any level nor are you attempting any sort of good faith argument. Tootles.

In other news I’ve been #5 in the login queue for 5 minutes now…

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

they should embed diablo 4 as a loading screen minigame

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Deformed Church posted:

they should embed diablo 4 as a loading screen minigame
Somehow I read this as "loading screen nightmare" and it seemed like a perfectly logical idea

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I swear they've made some of these town maps bigger since I last played. Why are the doors 80 miles of corridor away from the tiny room where every single NPC, the waypoint and the stash hang out? Why do I have to do all that without my teleports and zoomies.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Saxophone posted:

they've said on the discord (2nd hand information) that they're updating infrastructure and that there's going to be a ~30 minute interruption of *some* services, so that might be what you're experiencing.

as far as who you're engaging with in this post, they've already admitted they had the game uninstalled for years now over a hilariously bad reason. of course they're not worth engaging with

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Deformed Church posted:

I swear they've made some of these town maps bigger since I last played. Why are the doors 80 miles of corridor away from the tiny room where every single NPC, the waypoint and the stash hang out? Why do I have to do all that without my teleports and zoomies.
I wish they enabled the traversal skills in town at least. It's all available in offline for some reason.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Saxophone posted:

I like that you have made it abundantly clear that you’re not worth engaging with on any level nor are you attempting any sort of good faith argument. Tootles.

Its all the same, ad hominem et all.
Literally zero questions answered, as usual

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Please stop having a slapfight over campaign skip it's dumb.

Hauki posted:

You should lean into one form.
Thanks I want to try one that swaps at some point but for now I'm happy being a bear.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Just entered the Observatory for the Fortune faction. That's a really cool looking zone, being able to oversee the city and everything.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I have a strong feeling the "skip the story" people are the same type of people who think RTS games shouldn't waste so much time on campaigns either.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

can we go back to complaining about the servers or something

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

You can switch from online to offline in the character selection screen if you've launched the game in online mode, at least? Not sure if that's precisely what you want but it seems like the closest you can get - if you're playing online and the servers start to die, you can theoretically bail to character selection, switch to offline, and play your offline characters.

The problem is that those characters can't share items anymore.
If you find an item that would fit great on your online character but you were playing your offline character then you're screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mordja posted:

I have a strong feeling the "skip the story" people are the same type of people who think RTS games shouldn't waste so much time on campaigns either.

RTS games don't tend to make you run the same exact campaign 15 times though.

Erulisse posted:

Its all the same, ad hominem et all.
Literally zero questions answered, as usual

Just because you didn't read any of the answers, doesn't mean that there weren't any.