Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey I love me some Bokeem, but I'm trying to think of why else they would write the story to have Soren act all dumb and get caught and end up on Reach at this time. And the only thing I can think of is that it's because they're going to have him sacrifice himself to save his family. I'm pretty sure he's gonna die before the season is over, but I'm just not sure if it'll be him or Kai as the last one standing on Reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Open Source Idiom posted:

Nah. Go back and look at Kwan's cave painting from the end of episode one. That's the Gravemind.

Are we really doing "ancient evil torments poets and artists with apocalyptic dreams", Halo showrunners? We get it! Lovecraft.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In Halo it's the big cosmic horror that recites poetry at you in trochaic heptameter.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

Reach is the second most heavily defended planet in human space and it acts as the headquarters for the UNSC fleet as well as a defensive gateway to the Inner Colonies and Earth. It is the last line of defense before the Inner Colonies are utterly screwed.

The Inner Colonies were already getting wrecked by Reach also, the Outer Colonies were basically gone by the mid 2530s. Unless the show changed that I guess

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

counterfeitsaint posted:

The needler didn't really explode it's target, even a single needle will go off eventually and cause a bit of damage right? I guess if you're unarmored and its right in your chest that will do it. I was more confused by the needles glancing off the Elite's armor,

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

I think the show does a good job of capturing the spirit of the games

Something I love along these lines is how everyone seems to have grenades ready to go on LB

Also the obsessive reloading

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DaysBefore posted:

The Inner Colonies were already getting wrecked by Reach also, the Outer Colonies were basically gone by the mid 2530s. Unless the show changed that I guess

Yeah I got that mixed up. Reach is the gateway to Earth, not the Inner Colonies, because Epsilon Eridani was the first extrasolar human settlement iirc

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah I got that mixed up. Reach is the gateway to Earth, not the Inner Colonies, because Epsilon Eridani was the first extrasolar human settlement iirc

Tbf Soren dismisses the war as something happening in the Outer Colonies when talking to Space Mengele so maybe the show did change the status of the Inner's. This is the only episode I've watcvhed lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DaysBefore posted:

Tbf Soren dismisses the war as something happening in the Outer Colonies when talking to Space Mengele so maybe the show did change the status of the Inner's. This is the only episode I've watched lol

Well it's sorta true because the Outers got wiped clean and the UEG did suppress knowledge of how bad the Inner Colonies were getting hit. Like, most of humanity knows who the Covenant are by 2552 but it's always something happening on other planets right up until your own world gets glassed. And the government would like to keep it that way to avoid mass panic and insurrection.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Codependent Poster posted:

Hey I love me some Bokeem, but I'm trying to think of why else they would write the story to have Soren act all dumb and get caught and end up on Reach at this time. And the only thing I can think of is that it's because they're going to have him sacrifice himself to save his family. I'm pretty sure he's gonna die before the season is over, but I'm just not sure if it'll be him or Kai as the last one standing on Reach.

Episode title spoiler.

We are going to Onyx before we get to Halo so I'm better Soren gets left there and the storylines split again. Maybe Soren and that half of the show become a Halo Wars like side plot?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

Episode title spoiler.

We are going to Onyx before we get to Halo so I'm better Soren gets left there and the storylines split again. Maybe Soren and that half of the show become a Halo Wars like side plot?

ALL UNITS

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Jehde posted:

I wanna see how they buff the grunts like they buffed the jackals making them bigger and giving them plasma short swords. Give the grunts longer legs and some plasma flails maybe?

I demand Birthday Grunts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Local units

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Professor Beetus posted:

Something tells me that most of the Spartans are going to end up like how the Star Wars EU keeps revealing Jedi that survived order 66 and are just out there chillin

so basically the Halo EU then

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm glad to see jackals again. Wish we'd see grunts, hunters, brutes, and drones. What was fun about the games is that every race had it's own personality and tactics in firefights. Wish we'd see more of that. Kinda weird that they call them elites in the show if they're apparently the main ground force.

grittyreboot fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 24, 2024

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Anybody else notice the original Xbox in the antique shop?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

grittyreboot posted:

I'm glad to see jackals again. Wish we'd see grunts, hunters, brutes, and drones.

We saw grunts and brutes in the first season

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

We saw grunts and brutes in the first season

Ok? So why not see them more in a ground battle like Reach?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Because they spent all their money on CGI gun flashes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I liked the ep, I like it's doing its firmly own thing but come on man, where are the Grunts? I miss those little dudes!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's building up to this season's mandatory sex scene, Chief fucks a grunt

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Ratjaculation posted:

It's building up to this season's mandatory sex scene, Chief fucks a grunt

Man! It’s a good thing the food nipple’s waiting for me back at the starship, cause boy, have I worked up a big grunty thirst!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
We've been saying grunty thirst for years but dang, it was thirsty grunts all along

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

grittyreboot posted:

No lol, that's cute

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I do appreciate how it's a halo special edition xbox, it stuck out a fair bit. I was half expecting the shopkeep to reminisce about her KDR playing "Spartan Assault" back in the day.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
An Xbox existing in the Halo universe raises too many questions for me, tbh

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Professor Beetus posted:

An Xbox existing in the Halo universe raises too many questions for me, tbh

In the Halo Universe, the breakout title of the Xbox was Cel Damage

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SpartanIvy posted:

In the Halo Universe, the breakout title of the Xbox was Cel Damage

What about Brute Force?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I prefer to think it was Blood Wake, actually

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The breakout game was Fusion Frenzy. A lot of people claim it's the first console party game, with their pedantic friends saying that Mario Party came out first.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Jade Empire becomes the biggest video game franchise of all time.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

grittyreboot posted:

I want to live in this universe.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

grittyreboot posted:

Yeah I laughed pretty hard at that.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

grittyreboot posted:

The animal mascot that defined a generations childhood was Blink the Timesweeping cat.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Isometric Bacon posted:

The animal mascot that defined a generations childhood was Blink the Timesweeping cat.

The best timeline

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEDIT: OH nooooooo

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 25, 2024

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Isometric Bacon posted:

Top ten hottest Blink females.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lammasu posted:

Top ten hottest Blink females.

Keep firing, Covenant

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This is better than the first season.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I get the feeling we're going to lose Riz, and Kai will end up as the Silver timeline's Linda-058 stand-in. Hopefully without being a popsicle during the events on the Halo.