Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i watched ark of truth so i think im through my first watch through of sg1. im not feeling sga so i think ill skip sga and continium for now. i have some other shows i wanna catch up. was a good ride though and im glad i stuck with it after the lovely mongol / heart of darkness episodes.

i like that ark of truth left it open ended with all major plot points wrapped up. lucian alliance is probably in a civil war so not gonna be a problem ori and adria are dead gouald defeated baal techicnally dead but its baal. I think they could probably bring this show back amazon owns mgm so its a possibility but i suspect it wont happen unless bezo himself is a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

snergle posted:

i watched ark of truth so i think im through my first watch through of sg1. im not feeling sga so i think ill skip sga and continium for now. i have some other shows i wanna catch up. was a good ride though and im glad i stuck with it after the lovely mongol / heart of darkness episodes.

i like that ark of truth left it open ended with all major plot points wrapped up. lucian alliance is probably in a civil war so not gonna be a problem ori and adria are dead gouald defeated baal techicnally dead but its baal. I think they could probably bring this show back amazon owns mgm so its a possibility but i suspect it wont happen unless bezo himself is a fan.

Continuum doesn't have any Atlantis plot it's an SG1 movie that takes place after Atlantis.

It's a time travel adventure with Baal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

I bet one day you'll enjoy Atlantis, but it's good to get a fresh perspective on it. It's certainly not as good as SG1, but it's good, and it's got some cool Stargate sci fi and ships and there's a good amount of SG1 crossover.

Overall, how do you feel about the show now that the main show is over?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

pixaal posted:

Continuum doesn't have any Atlantis plot it's an SG1 movie that takes place after Atlantis.

Yes. Watch Continuum, it's loving great.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Atlantis really shines in the McKay episodes. I wish they had had more ludicrous science plots and less Wraith episodes. The Wraith are like, the least interesting part of the show by a wide margin.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

redshirt posted:

I bet one day you'll enjoy Atlantis, but it's good to get a fresh perspective on it. It's certainly not as good as SG1, but it's good, and it's got some cool Stargate sci fi and ships and there's a good amount of SG1 crossover.

Overall, how do you feel about the show now that the main show is over?

i tried watching the first episode and it didnt hook me like the first episode of sg1 did. I may come back to it though after i watch the 2-3 shows i want to catch up on. what we do in shadows reservation dogs and ive heard loudermilk is really good. just gotta get my brothers phone only netflix to watch the third one. I have commercial hulu so i can watch the first two in the mean time

pixaal posted:

Ill watch this before I head into other shows then.

oh i forgot the skunk stripe they put on the right side of tealcs head was so distracting. i know its to pay respect to the fact hes like 60 yrs older now. but it literally looks like they took some halloween hair dye spray and just did a pepe le pue stripe down the right side of his head.

snergle fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 24, 2024

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

snergle posted:

oh i forgot the skunk stripe they put on the right side of tealcs head was so distracting. i know its to pay respect to the fact hes like 60 yrs older now. but it literally looks like they took some halloween hair dye spray and just did a pepe le pue stripe down the right side of his head.

They gave him the John Henson

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Look, Teal'c went Rogue long before the stripe.

Really though they should have let Judge grow out his hair much earlier and drop the forehead emblem, like, a season after the first Aschen episide.

Why does he still have it on??? It just makes it obvious he's the Shol'va! I know the process but drat, chuck his rear end in a sarcophagus for a minute it'll be fine

stringless fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 24, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

snergle posted:

i tried watching the first episode and it didnt hook me like the first episode of sg1 did. I may come back to it though after i watch the 2-3 shows i want to catch up on. what we do in shadows reservation dogs and ive heard loudermilk is really good. just gotta get my brothers phone only netflix to watch the third one. I have commercial hulu so i can watch the first two in the mean time

What We Do in the Shadows is pretty solid for 4 seasons and the fifth is just kinda good? I bounced off and on Reservation Dogs a few times but i'm glad I watched it. Loudermilk is mostly excellent but the quality drops in season 3.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

reservation dogs knocks it outta the park consistently on all fronts

my folks have got me watching Sanctuary, which is the show Amanda Tapping left Stargate to work on.

its........ not great. the cgi sets have something to do about that but its also just. the writing is too edgy, amanda tapping's accent is godawful and on top of that she's playing almost the exact same loving character as she did in SG-1, except there's nobody to bounce off.

6 episodes in and ok while a few of them have been unpredictable they've sucked rear end and made me want to go back to watching true detective s4

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

for example, Lower Decks did a 10x better version of this episode when they did the moopsy

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

gently caress now i absolutely need a moopsy plushie lmao

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Travellers is pretty good if you want something Stargate adjacent. It only has 3 seasons though

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Seconding Travelers. It's a good show. Not remotely like Stargate though.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Armacham posted:

Travellers is pretty good if you want something Stargate adjacent. It only has 3 seasons though

Its a drat fine show that i wish had gone on for longer but understand that they jumped the shark in like the last episode anyway

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Travellers got a little silly by the 3rd season but it was a fun show

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Travellers is a neat "what if Quantum Leap but MORE" show

I particularly liked the character that dove into an overdose, that was a neat take.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Yeah I guess I mean adjacent because a lot of the same people are involved. I think Amanda tapping directed at least a few episodes too, and she guest started in a few.

Armacham fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 25, 2024

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Armacham posted:

i saw travellers its pretty good for 1/2 those seasons.

FFT posted:

Look, Teal'c went Rogue long before the stripe.

Really though they should have let Judge grow out his hair much earlier and drop the forehead emblem, like, a season after the first Aschen episide.

Why does he still have it on??? It just makes it obvious he's the Shol'va! I know the process but drat, chuck his rear end in a sarcophagus for a minute it'll be fine

idr perfectly but there was an episode where tealc was in town i wanna say the one where he was going to cocoon himself up and some people ask him how he got the apothis symbol on his forehead and irc they cut the mark into his skin the poured molten gold into the wound. i dont think that comes off. That said I do agree he has great hair and the gold emblem probably limited some facial acting for him cant crease your brow to much or the glue breaks and it falls off.

Desert Bus posted:

What We Do in the Shadows is pretty solid for 4 seasons and the fifth is just kinda good? I bounced off and on Reservation Dogs a few times but i'm glad I watched it. Loudermilk is mostly excellent but the quality drops in season 3.

ive seen all the other seasons of wwdis and reservation dogs i just need to see the newest ones i havent seen anything of loudermilk but my brother and friend keep telling me i should watch it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They could have dug the gold out and used Asgard med tech to make new skin. You make it a plot point.

That said it was and is extremely iconic, I'm not sure it wouldn't have gone over like renaming twitter x with the fans.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He heals other wounds in like 40 minutes; what does and doesn’t scar the big boy is nebulous.

Started SGA. It has potential. I am not into this cast yet. I wish Ben Browder was the lead here too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

snergle posted:

idr perfectly but there was an episode where tealc was in town i wanna say the one where he was going to cocoon himself up and some people ask him how he got the apothis symbol on his forehead and irc they cut the mark into his skin the poured molten gold into the wound. i dont think that comes off. That said I do agree he has great hair and the gold emblem probably limited some facial acting for him cant crease your brow to much or the glue breaks and it falls off.
S08E07 "Affinity" is the episode he gets an apartment in the outside

But yeah, I said "I know the process", I know it's a molten implant and whatnot, but ten years on in the first Aschen episode he's free and clear of it. They could crowbar it off and, again, chuck him in a sarcophagus for a minute and it'd be done! Or just done it before the tretonin was a thing.

Plus the whole thing where they clearly didn't think too far ahead so all the other Primes have simple golden insignias instead of giant oval ones. Hell, Citizen Joe called out how Teal'c's emblem changed (between the beginning and season 8)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

well why not posted:

He heals other wounds in like 40 minutes; what does and doesn’t scar the big boy is nebulous.

Started SGA. It has potential. I am not into this cast yet. I wish Ben Browder was the lead here too.

Greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy! I'm on my first watch of SGA and just started season 4.

It's not SG1, but it's good. You get used to the cast (most of them). And I love Atlantis as a setting.
Lots of crossovers too.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

well why not posted:

The few other rebel Jaffa that removed their forehead symbols had big hideous scars leftover. Wouldn't surprise me if the Goa'uld intentionally made it so their marks couldn't be removed/healed without leaving a mark.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

wouldnt surprise me if the jaffa intentionally left the scar lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I feel compelled to point this out, as an Asteroids expert.

In the 3 parter that ends Season 3 and begins Season 4 of Atlantis (fun set of episodes), Rodney makes an Asteroids reference, claiming he was so bad he scored zero.

Well, let me tell you, that while it is possible to score 0, it would be very hard. If you were very good you could do it, but you'd have to try to be doing it. And someone who sucks couldn't.

Thank you for reading this clarification, I leave it to you whether this is a writing mistake, or Rodney lying.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Worf posted:

you are rodney

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i watched continium. when is this suppose to take place? because it sort of slots in perfectly after ark. tealc has his skunk stripe even.

i also liked it way more then ark. i feel like ark was just a quick dirty wrap up to the ori / tolin plot and im pretty sure daniel wouldnt be cool with using the device and i dont think morgan lefay or the other ancients would of been cool with it either. since they all decided its not worth using before fleeing the ori.

i had the dicaprio pointing meme when carter was like youre your own grandfather paradox because i was like holy poo poo he is his own grandfather paradox when i realised the capt didnt save the ship after crashing

snergle fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 26, 2024

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

After Atlantis, so a few years after the end of sg1

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I'm finally getting around to watching seasons 9 and 10 for the first time. It's still good fun even if it doesn't quite hit the peaks reached in the previous seasons.

Just finished episode 200 (wormhole extreme take two) and it was a great time

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what exactly does kree mean, anyway

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Urgo posted:

Please don't tell me that your whole planet is like this. Not the whole planet. Hey, couldn't we go someplace else that's not here…someplace, you know…that's not here? Uh, Kree? Anywhere.

It's a planet.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

crispix posted:

"Yo!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kree has multiple meanings I bet some uses even have different spellings if they fleshed the universe out into Jaffa writing. The difference between Kree, Crea, and Krye is important Rya'C!

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

crispix posted:

"Yoo-hoo!"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Kree describes the emotion you feel directly after having lost the last gently caress you have to give.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kree: Attention; Kneel; Go

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Teal'c wearing his scar is partly a mix of culture and burden. He wears it partly as a representation of his shame and continuing responsibility for having been first prime to Apophis. But also because it identifies him as Shol'va in his culture and in that sense he wears that as a badge of honour. In the latter he and Bra'tac somewhat mildly succeed in turning the gold brand of Apophis into the identifiable mark of the cause, almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

In Seasons 9 and 10, being a former First Prime is a big political power position.