Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

There’s a new pixel Debrii in my shop. The size of the “pixels” aren’t uniform across all elements in the piece. That is such a massive pet peeve of mine; it breaks the most basic principle of pixel art!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Did they stop doing the $2 google coupon?

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.
I’ve managed to consistently beat that Corvus/Sandman deck twice in ladder and in a Gold conquest match with this stupid Agatha deck that CozySnap posted yesterday on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/bNBFnUtnHNI?si=mk3bR2XAiVV1aqhU

Took me from Silver to an infinity ticket and from 97-100 this afternoon. This is the first time I’ve ever used Agatha and it’s hilarious. I pretty much just snap when I see Corvus in my hand before turn 4.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Reek posted:

Did they stop doing the $2 google coupon?

Yeah

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

WE DOIN IT NOW posted:

I’ve managed to consistently beat that Corvus/Sandman deck twice in ladder and in a Gold conquest match with this stupid Agatha deck that CozySnap posted yesterday on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/bNBFnUtnHNI?si=mk3bR2XAiVV1aqhU

Took me from Silver to an infinity ticket and from 97-100 this afternoon. This is the first time I’ve ever used Agatha and it’s hilarious. I pretty much just snap when I see Corvus in my hand before turn 4.

Kinda burying the lede here: Hela Decks, so brainless even Agatha can play them!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Quackles posted:

well, it's fun for me when i play them. i guess just don't get me as your opponent

E: Shitposts aside, I think regular Lockjaw is cool, as he specifically affects one lane. I suspect your complaint with Hela Lockjaw is specifically with Hela.

I was being sarcastic but lots of this thread is just people asking for nerfs to like a half dozen cards at a time

Meta’s pretty good right now and if you don’t think so wait two weeks and it’ll probably shift

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God I think today the only thing I ran into in the Proving Grounds today were annoying decks of some kind

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Dropped down to about rank 9k earlier this week playing lovely Glaive decks, and now I'm up to 4.5k again today playing Loki. The lesson is to never not play Loki.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Devo posted:

Dropped down to about rank 9k earlier this week playing lovely Glaive decks, and now I'm up to 4.5k again today playing Loki. The lesson is to never not play Loki.

What’s Loki deck look like these days?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Decided to try out the one KM posted a couple days ago. Loki is less of a primary win con and is more of a safety valve against Thanos decks. It's been working pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlJprSeBdA

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

There’s a new pixel Debrii in my shop. The size of the “pixels” aren’t uniform across all elements in the piece. That is such a massive pet peeve of mine; it breaks the most basic principle of pixel art!

It's the same perplexing misunderstanding of art genres that leads to the ink treatments just being a desaturated version of the color art which makes it look washed out.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Web shop has another deal track: https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/Topup/262304/us-en

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently it's a lot of MV/PMV. It's not giving you any specific variants like the last ones did.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Taking the freebies, thx

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't know if it's a better marketing trick to have the paywalled freebies as part of the bundle needed to get them or not

I would think some people only look at bundle value when deciding to buy something

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Made it to 99.5 and then lost ten in a row :negative:

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

So I can't test this extensively for obvious reasons, but it APPEARS that if you priority Quake a closed miniature lab onto a lane that has lockjaw on the same turn that they drop cards there, their cards reveal, vanish, but nothing cheats out of their deck because of minilab.

Here's the kicker: I think the cards they revealed DON'T go back into their deck. They just... never existed? Their deck count doesn't reflect 2 more cards in it if you tap their name, destroyed is still 0, discarded is still 0.

If by some miracle this situation happens to someone else I'd love to see the result.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Something similar happens if you Reality Stone into a Lockjaw and it changes into Space Throne or the like, but I've never thought to check if the cards are actually going back into the deck. I just assumed that they were.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
They become delayed and can't return to the play area until the upkeep phase two turns later. Then they can return to any location in Arkham.

Except in comics, that's DC, so they never return.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Another interesting edge case; if you don't have 2 cards in your hand, Corvus won't give you the extra power

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Another interesting edge case; if you don't have 2 cards in your hand, Corvus won't give you the extra power

Not an edge case. Corvus's ability reads "discard two cards to gain 1 max power". It's not two separate abilities, it's a cost and if you can't pay it you don't get the benefit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jedit posted:

Not an edge case. Corvus's ability reads "discard two cards to gain 1 max power". It's not two separate abilities, it's a cost and if you can't pay it you don't get the benefit.

They're consistent - Gambit works the same way.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Red posted:

They're consistent - Gambit works the same way.

He didn't used to. His original power didn't need any cards in your hand to work. Horribly broken.

So now you need, like, Apocalypse or Swarm is in your hand to fully destroy your opponent's cards on the ol' Wong-Mystique combo.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
as someone who tried to make that combo work even before you had to have an ammo card, it didn't very often

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh man, the good old days. Wong-Mystique-Onslaight-Gambit would completely wipe the board, it was hilarious

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I am probably more excited for Proxima than I should be. Before I became a full time Loki Stan, there was a time when I was a discard main player. Been kicking around a couple ideas, but I don't know if either are going to put up the points required to be competitive. I do think that Dracula and Collector go in different decks, and that's one of the big differences between the two. We are finally getting to the point though where there's a critical mass of stuff that's actually good to discard. Alex Coccia mentioned Moon Girl / She Hulk / Proxima / MODOK on the Snap Chat, and I'm kind of interested in tinkering with that too.

Drac - Apoc

Collector - Helicarrier

e: Now the main question is, do I burn some keys even though the variants this week are poo poo? Or do I burn some of my 20k tokens because series 4 drops seem to have disappeared? Leaning towards tokens even though keys are easier to replace.

Devo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 27, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm thinking that I may just tokens this week and save my keys. Next week with Pixie I think is a skip. Then a week later Mockingbird/Ms Marvel/Man-Thing I will probably use my keys, because the variants are much better.

Cannonball week is a skip and War Machine is probably also a skip. Red Hulk week looks good.

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 27, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I totally dig that Ms Marvel variant. Also Mockingbird is an S-tier card so that's a key week for sure.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not gonna say I regret rolling a fourth key to get the x23 variant this week, but if I don’t pull Proxima Midnight next week I’m gonna be a little bummed.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

War Machine is probably also a skip

if War Machine allows you to play

Infinaut without skipping a turn
Maw after turn 3
Cull without a 1
Sentry right
Giganto not left
etc

he's a must have.

SD hasn't yet clarified if that's the case, but in case it is, save some resources.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would assume it's not going to let you bypass those restrictions

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would assume it's not going to let you bypass those restrictions

War Machine makes everything a Jeff. Jeff can ignore effects that prevent him being played including if you've previously played a card under Sandman, so I can only assume that WM will allow Infinaut to be played if you played a card last turn.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Double post, but I've just been reminded that Twitch drops begin today two hours before the reset (so in roughly 4.5 hours) and run until March 5th. Same deal as last time - boosters for 2 hours viewed, 350 credits for 4 hours and a Mystery Variant for 6 hours.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jedit posted:

Double post, but I've just been reminded that Twitch drops begin today two hours before the reset (so in roughly 4.5 hours) and run until March 5th. Same deal as last time - boosters for 2 hours viewed, 350 credits for 4 hours and a Mystery Variant for 6 hours.
Oh thanks, I hadn’t seen that

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jedit posted:

War Machine makes everything a Jeff. Jeff can ignore effects that prevent him being played including if you've previously played a card under Sandman, so I can only assume that WM will allow Infinaut to be played if you played a card last turn.

Other things are trying to stop Jeff. Jeff has never tried to stop himself from being played.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It will depend on what he effects exactly. Leech lets you play Infinaut if you’ve played something else the turn before, but you can’t put him on Deep Space in that case, because his restriction kicks in first. I’m assuming WM will act on the cards themselves

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I feel like it will still require that all the rules that allow it leave your hand must be followed.

rules to playing a card-
rule 1: have enough energy to play the card
rule 2: not breaking any self restrictions to playing the card
rule 3: not breaking any external restrictions to playing the card
rule 4: have somewhere valid to place the card

rules 1 and 2 mean it cant even leave the hand
rules 3 and 4 it left the hand and is looking for a home but is potentially stopped from going any further

rule 2 is essentially a cost to play the card

Leech isn't relevant to the conversation because he turns everything into just stats for cost

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 27, 2024

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Here's an edge case I found a couple of weeks ago:
Thanos was still in my deck, and I played all the infinity stones, so he got the +10 power boost as the Power Stone does specify "(wherever he is)". I then played Blob, who ate Thanos but Thanos only counted for 10 power. Flipping through the cards behind Blob, Thanos did have the boosted 20 power, but Blob only counted him for 10. Has this been addressed, and I missed it? I took a couple of months off, and was only slowly getting back into the game when Blob dropped, so maybe this has been brought up before, but it just didn't behave how I expected.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

WaffleZombie posted:

Thanos was still in my deck, and I played all the infinity stones, so he got the +10 power boost as the Power Stone does specify "(wherever he is)". I then played Blob, who ate Thanos but Thanos only counted for 10 power. Flipping through the cards behind Blob, Thanos did have the boosted 20 power, but Blob only counted him for 10. Has this been addressed, and I missed it? I took a couple of months off, and was only slowly getting back into the game when Blob dropped, so maybe this has been brought up before, but it just didn't behave how I expected.

They've said it's a known bug.

ALSO

Got this when I booted up the game. Which name seems cooler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WaffleZombie posted:

No external stuff counts until the cards are in your hand, same reason that Yondu hitting Wolverine doesn't put him in the board