Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What's the likelihood of fuunsaiki parts being in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Well, Breaker Mobile had them.

Breaker Mobile had an absolutely absurd number of parts

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I do hope they smooth out the interface a bit, the GB3 one is oddly obtuse at times. Not helped by the fact that the confirm/forward and No/back buttons are opposite of what they are in 99% of games.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

100% they were in mobile and gbm3

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm excited to experience the joy of giving the zeong horse legs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/1760998027458728057?t=nhk73-KIT7zA_uZAtBkM0g&s=19

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Athrun goes to Camden and gets loving mugged

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also it looks like there was an hour 45 Gundam Breaker 4 stream a couple hours ago but it's in Japanese so I dunno if anyone's summarized it in English yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-6SRWD8qw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay so a friend has been watching the stream and here's some bullet points

-250+ kits in base game
-Includes SD and Fumina parts
-Crossplay is only between the Playstation versions
-Network test is mid-March, JP only
-Only WfM season 1 (according to a separate Famitsu interview, it is only Aerial and Darilbalde at launch)

And here's a Japanese list of all the suits that appeared in the trailer

https://twitter.com/sioagisoluto/status/1760358158264943092

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm 22 episodes into Turn A. Every time I see this series' version of Beecha and Mondo after their schemes end up making them just do actual labor, I think of this sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hold on why is it the mg 3.0 for grandpa and not 4?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm 22 episodes into Turn A. Every time I see this series' version of Beecha and Mondo after their schemes end up making them just do actual labor, I think of this sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay so a friend has been watching the stream and here's some bullet points

-250+ kits in base game
-Includes SD and Fumina parts
-Crossplay is only between the Playstation versions
-Network test is mid-March, JP only
-Only WfM season 1 (according to a separate Famitsu interview, it is only Aerial and Darilbalde at launch)

And here's a Japanese list of all the suits that appeared in the trailer

https://twitter.com/sioagisoluto/status/1760358158264943092

Sounds like they're using a lot of Breaker Mobile assets, then. The specific suits mentioned kind of seals the deal.

Edit: Looking things up, Breaker Mobile had about 476 kits included. Now, that included a lot of minor variants (Char colors, the EG Gundam, that kind of thing) but that's probably a good baseline to guess what's going to be in this one pre-DLC, allowing for a few new designs (like the Gunbarrel) and the lack of most of the originals in Mobile. Not a bad starting pool, I suppose.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 23, 2024

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Sounds like they're using a lot of Breaker Mobile assets, then. The specific suits mentioned kind of seals the deal.

lol if the only new model work they did is the creepy fumina gundam maid poo poo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

lol if the only new model work they did is the creepy fumina gundam maid poo poo

Super Fumina was in New Gundam Breaker, so that'd be a repeat too. The only new design we have confirmed is the kit included as a physical model with the special edition.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Did Mobile have WfM suits?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Darilbalde

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Sounds like they're already planning for DLC. I wonder how soon they'll start announcing it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Sounds like they're already planning for DLC. I wonder how soon they'll start announcing it.

From the JP trailer

A season pass with 5 suits and Jazz Cup colors and a pack of Diorama Mode DLC

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm surprised they haven't gotten the idea to spin off a 30MM version of this yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, now I'm mad that isn't real

A 30MM game is such a good idea, it'd let them do something with the lore they have behind those kits.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

From the JP trailer

A season pass with 5 suits and Jazz Cup colors and a pack of Diorama Mode DLC

Are those 15 part of the season pass or part of the base game?

Waffleman_ posted:

God, now I'm mad that isn't real

A 30MM game is such a good idea, it'd let them do something with the lore they have behind those kits.

I wish they would, too, if just because it'd be really fun to play around and have a game like gundam breaker to recommend to people that isn't explicitly attached to the gundam IP.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Are those 15 part of the season pass or part of the base game?

I think I saw it mentioned that you get those early in the game for pre-ordering, like you start with those kits unlocked.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, that actually makes sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay so I was watching the GB4 trailer again and jesus fuckin christ

The theme song at one point references the metaverse

They're still fuckin' on this poo poo lmao

E: It's here, listen closely to the rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBJ8gP9sg6A&t=41s

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah i thought i heard it too :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm willing to believe it's just a throwaway line because metaverse=cool but it's just funny

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The game has likely been in development for years and the song was probably written well, well, well in advance, when the Metaverse was an upcoming marketing gimmick.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Maybe it mentions Metaverse because the Gundam Build Metaverse series is canon to the new Gundam Breaker game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Maybe it mentions Metaverse because the Gundam Build Metaverse series is canon to the new Gundam Breaker game

Considering Breaker was canon to Metaverse that's pretty likely.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
[Moving this from general mecha thread]

Welp, 98 episodes later, and I have finished my rewatch of Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. Was it as bad as I remembered, or had been led to believe? Not... really? SEED is very strong throughout, and while it may give you plenty of characters to dislike early on, I think they're very well realized in the setting. Looking at you Flay, looking at you Natarle. Sure the narrative fumbled the bag at some parts, which contributes to Destiny having a very weak ending, but when it comes to the core four characters, and eventually Shinn, I think they all have really great stories. and SEED itself ends really strong as the natural buildup of the war reaches a breaking point in which they almost never return from. It was probably a good thing for the Three Ships alliance that Patrick Zala and Azrael were so lost in the genocide sauce that they didn't realize who their greatest threat really was (it was always Lacus).

The bad parts are still bad, Mu being secretly alive and completely stripped of his humanity as Neo was not a good move, especially when no narrative time was really spent on it. They wanted the catharsis without any payoff for it, since his last real act as 'Neo' was sending Stella to her death. Rey transforming from stoic but voice of reason soldier to deranged Gilbert Gaslighter was also pretty lame and could have been done better. Meer's story was suitably tragic and I'll hear no slander about her. The ending was definitely rushed as it felt like they were just hopping from base to base, picking up weird and wild super weapons along the way because 'they needed to escalate and Durandal went from 2 to 10 waaaaay too quickly'. Like he always had rancid vibes, but he was legitimately charismatic, and really good at manipulating children (pause) to serve his ends. Also, might have tried to lean too hard on nostalgia with all of the Universal Century mobile suits just tossed into the mix on the ZAFT side.

As for the good parts, the early parts of Destiny are really strong, they develop the new cast early, and they hit you with the Drop of Junius Seven early on which really sets a strong tone for what Destiny is really about. That the war never really ended, both sides just needed time to replenish their weapons and try again. The peace they thought they had made, was nothing but a temporary ceasefire, and the one nation that could have helped mediate that poo poo decided it was a better idea to have all of their politicians go out in a blaze of glory and leave everything to a naive 18 year old girl. Whoops, great job there, mister father of the year. Uzumi Atha sucks eggs, that's for sure. I personally liked the direction, that all of the core four characters were running away at some point or in some sense. Kira and Lacus hosed off to go raise kids in an orphanage, Athrun discarded his name, and Cagalli eventually gave up when she couldn't convince any of her fellow politicians to strive for the ideals they fought for two years ago. Eventually circumstances forced them back into the conflict, but they weren't prepared to forge peace, they didn't want to. All they wanted was to put an end to the fighting, and Destiny felt like all of them finding a way to take responsibility for that.

I'll also say that I really liked Shinn's arc. He's been traumatized by the horrors of war, and it shows in his every action. Of course he wants revenge, of course he's angry, he has no healthy means to vent these frustrations so he joins the military. And all along the way, while he's becoming a war hero, he's constantly chastised by Athrun at every turn, who no doubt sees a younger him making the exact same mistakes, and so desperately wants him to realize it, but Shinn isn't having it. All he wants is validation, and he never gets it from his commander. Which is why Durandal had such an easy in for manipulating him, and making him into his favourite attack dog. "Of course your anger is justified, of course we want a world of peace, all you need to do is kill my enemies, and I'll make that world for you." Hook, line and sinker. And then with Rey hitting the gaslight button on him once he gets the Destiny, it was over.

It was a very enjoyable rewatch all in all, and definitely worth giving a try if you haven't already. And hey, you may hate it right out the gate, it is very heavy on melodrama, and that definitely isn't for everyone, but it works for me which is probably why I love it so much. The openings, endings and insert songs have a lot of great tracks between them, and there are a few cool mech designs in the bunch. Have some of my top threes as well, because why not.

Top 3 best scenes:
1. The Fall of Junius Seven
2. Kira vs. Athrun (Kira's death and rebirth in SEED)
3. The reveal at the Mendel Colony
Honorable mention: Yuna Roma gets Gouf'd

Top 3 worst scenes:
1. The Lion of Orb dies
2. Let's all go into the Neo Messiah on foot and point guns at Durandal
3. Luna being catty af to Athrun after catching Meer in his bedroom
Dishonorable Mention: Rey going full Rau Le Crueset because ?????

Top 3 characters:
1. Lacus Clyne
2. Cagalli Yula Atha
3. Shinn Asuka

Bottom 3 characters
1. Lord Gerbil
2. Yuna Roma Seiran
3. The first batch of 'Extended'

Best 3 mobile suits:
1. Destiny
2. Freedom
3. Astray

Worst 3 mobile suits:
1. Akatsuki (ugh)
2. Chaos
3. Buster

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you removed the horizontal hip pieces on the Buster, and changed the color scheme you would have a very good Heavy Armament Gundam. It's got that same IBO problem of the ugly paint scheme really loving up the design.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like the weird swivel points on the Buster but otherwise yeah, it's just ugly. I'm not necessarily sure I like Verde Buster, Hail Buster or Lightning Buster more though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I like the weird swivel points on the Buster but otherwise yeah, it's just ugly. I'm not necessarily sure I like Verde Buster, Hail Buster or Lightning Buster more though.

I like the Hail although I don't know where it's from. The Verde is too top heavy and the Lightning has the same syndrome the 00 movie/S2 designs have where they simplify the designs so much they end up losing all their character.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Finally, some good merch

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Logicblade posted:

Top 3 characters:
1. Lacus Clyne

Lacus in SEED, Lacus in Destiny or Lacus overall, out of curiosity? I'm so used to seeing Lacus vilified or derided in various ways that I'm somewhat interested to hear what someone likes about her as a character; especially since I haven't seen SEED or Destiny in literal decades at this point and remember very little about her personally. I do like the idea of her character i.e. a child who becomes the symbol and reluctant leader of an entire resistance movement against an authoritarian government/war due to a mix of her father's death and her own popularity, and a major influence due to similar ages on the pilots on the forefront of that movement, but I mostly remember her as a being a device the show uses to shuffle other characters around by giving or telling them what they need in the moment and with little to no character of her own.

The start of Destiny with her and Kira taking care of orphans after walking away from power is about the most "this is a thing she likes or wants" element I can attribute to her, but neither her or Kira really seem that bothered about leaving that behind or wanting to get back to it either from what I recall, so it seems more like circumstance than anything they were actually attached to really.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Even as someone who didn't hate Lacus she didn't seem like much to me, outside of the occasional moments early on in SEED.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

tsob posted:

The start of Destiny with her and Kira taking care of orphans after walking away from power is about the most "this is a thing she likes or wants" element I can attribute to her, but neither her or Kira really seem that bothered about leaving that behind or wanting to get back to it either from what I recall, so it seems more like circumstance than anything they were actually attached to really.

I really didn't like the beach orphanage scenario. Early Tomino shows saddled the heroine with childcare duties but at least showed how much of a burden they could be. There's nothing wrong with Lacus loving kids or wanting to help run the orphanage but the idyllic depiction in the show of her raising a dozen moppets out of a beach shack while Kira sits on the porch was very silly. There's no reason cartoons have to be grounded in real life problems but Seed / S:D often feel like they want to be taken extremely seriously, but the characters and situations are so thin that it doesn't do anything for me.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Even as someone who didn't hate Lacus she didn't seem like much to me, outside of the occasional moments early on in SEED.

I wish we'd gotten to see more of Lacus building her resistance movement. Show us that she's leveraging her popularity as a pop singer to pull resources together to start a rebellion against Patrick Zala. That would have been cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
prior to her showing up in command of a battleship she was feigning childlike innocence to the point of idiocy. i'm not sure how she pulled together a rebellion when her public persona was all anyone knew about her.