Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I really want to learn more about this mythical Taylor Lorenz interview to chud pipeline that apparently exists out there

I don't think there's gonna be some pipeline in the same way there's a manosphere to nazi pipeline, but she's gonna have a nice field day bragging about how the eeeevil liberal media organized a sham interview to defame her and rile up her existing base all that more.

also please reread:

emSparkly posted:

If anything I'm more pissed off that while a family and community mourns the loss of a child, she's sitting down for coffee with an architect of that child's murder to get views online. I don't care that she's dunking on Chaya or whatever, it feels incredibly self serving, especially when the wound is this fresh. For one god drat day can white cis people not loving talk over the marginalized people affected by a tragedy?

I feel like I'm not being hysterical here, and I've gotten pushback in this thread before for simply pointing out times when leftist/liberal influencers etc. have ignored trans voices on trans issues and how that pisses me (a trans person) off. My life is kinda tiresome enough so can we just stop this crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rescue Toaster posted:

I watch stuff like Your Movie Sucks and Red Letter Media and holy poo poo does YouTube not realize that those are not the same thing as Critical Drinker, it will not stop pushing that trash. I guess it could just be YouTube's unceasing effort to push right wing poo poo rather than anything to do with movies though.

Yeah critical drinker kept popping up in my recs too but I had just thought he was an edgy reviewer instead of a chud moron so I just ignored it. Then one came out with a really obvious chudbait title and I was like ok time to block this from ever appearing again!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

He and Diamond of Diamond and Silk took that movement underground

From a few pages back but: Heyooooooooo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

60%-40% is pretty convincing. It’s not great if he counts as an “incumbent” candidate, but none of the rules have ever applied to him, why should that one?

He's literally the cult leader of the entire right wing so no, having 40% of the most enthusiastic voters (ones who vote in primaries) not support your ascension to dictator is not convincing or promising at all.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

priznat posted:

Yeah critical drinker kept popping up in my recs too but I had just thought he was an edgy reviewer instead of a chud moron so I just ignored it. Then one came out with a really obvious chudbait title and I was like ok time to block this from ever appearing again!

I've never heard of this guy before, looked him up on Google and was just like "Yeah no thanks"

Like platonic chud ideal, holy poo poo

gently caress YouTube for thinking that guy is related at all to RLM

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

He's literally the cult leader of the entire right wing so no, having 40% of the most enthusiastic voters (ones who vote in primaries) not support your ascension to dictator is not convincing or promising at all.

And especially in blood red South Carolina, no less.

E: Let's remember, the assumption was that Trump was going to be absolutely steamrolling the GOP primaries, and would be walking away with at least 90% (if not more) of the primary vote in them. For him to walk away with only 60% of the vote in South Carolina is a very bad sign for his candidacy.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 25, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I don't agree with the shape of this face.

It's incorrect.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And especially in blood red South Carolina, no less.

Yeah, the Iowa result was poo poo for him too

He hasn't had a convincing victory besides Nevada, and that's because the GOP there changed the rule to let him Caucus unopposed

I think Haley actually got better chances in bluer states, and Donny is starting to get picked up by the media again as a demented old man who wants to be dictator, but thinks Obama is President.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

nine-gear crow posted:

She's all in on this poo poo because she's toxic even by Chabad standards. She can't get married and have kids, and she failed at being a realtor, so she has decided to light the world on fire in the hopes of taking LGBT+ people into oblivion with her. When her e-fame is over, so is her life.

Yeah, she had a fiance who left her because she is a garbage person.

This whole interview with the LoTT lady reminds me of the fascist run of Disco Elysium.

Seriously, you can become a fascist in order to avoid the pain of losing your fiance and becoming a shell of a man.

Only for her to call you an even more broken person because you're a fascist.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

emSparkly posted:

I don't think there's gonna be some pipeline in the same way there's a manosphere to nazi pipeline, but she's gonna have a nice field day bragging about how the eeeevil liberal media organized a sham interview to defame her and rile up her existing base all that more.

also please reread:

I feel like I'm not being hysterical here, and I've gotten pushback in this thread before for simply pointing out times when leftist/liberal influencers etc. have ignored trans voices on trans issues and how that pisses me (a trans person) off. My life is kinda tiresome enough so can we just stop this crap?

I just want to acknowledge your post, because I think it's fair to feel this way. As someone who is nonbinary myself, I find that woman utterly abhorrent, but I think Taylor Lorenz was honestly trying to do her best to expose Chaya as the utter piece of human waste she is, focusing a lens on a major player in Right Wing media that has never had that happen before.

And Chaya came off as a fascist version of the girl from Clueless. Like not a thought there besides hurting others.

I really don't think this helps that hatemonger in any way. Quite the opposite.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 25, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

His margins are BAD

Like that's a huge swath of committed GOP voters unwilling to throw in for him, and it's consistent.

Like I said, he might outright lose some upcoming blue states.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Polls consistently overestimating Trump by 7-8 points?

Now THAT’S got my attention! :pervert:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Polls consistently overestimating Trump by 7-8 points?

Now THAT’S got my attention! :pervert:

It fits the overall trend of elections since Roe: Republican enthusiasm is not there, Dem voters are over performing in 25 point swings

If this underperformance continues it doesn't matter what cherry picked polls say, he's underwater

He can't even capture his whole base in blood red states. Moderates and independents are going to vote for this guy?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 25, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

emSparkly posted:

If anything I'm more pissed off that while a family and community mourns the loss of a child, she's sitting down for coffee with an architect of that child's murder to get views online. I don't care that she's dunking on Chaya or whatever, it feels incredibly self serving, especially when the wound is this fresh. For one god drat day can white cis people not loving talk over the marginalized people affected by a tragedy?
i would argue, given their history, she has things she needed to confront chaya about anyways. so yes maybe it is self-serving since it's personal for her as well?

i'm not trans so i'm not really going to be able to address how you personally feel about her doing it. but i don't think this is platforming her or giving her opinion any more reach than it has, especially since chaya comes off extremely bad in this interview. it also brings these things to people's attention had they never heard about it beforehand.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Why am I laughing so hard at this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Strong Sauce posted:

i would argue, given their history, she has things she needed to confront chaya about anyways. so yes maybe it is self-serving since it's personal for her as well?

i'm not trans so i'm not really going to be able to address how you personally feel about her doing it. but i don't think this is platforming her or giving her opinion any more reach than it has, especially since chaya comes off extremely bad in this interview. it also brings these things to people's attention had they never heard about it beforehand.

I had no idea Chaya was this much of a wierd loving cringelord Kiwifarms stunted incel dork before this interview, just thought she was some older lady from LA

Had no idea she was more empty headed than Karen in Mean Girls, makes sense why the real estate career never took off

This did not help her image

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 25, 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gosh, if Trump is underperforming against Haley, imagine if he had an opponent who wasn’t dumb enough to support the Alabama IVF ban! :doh:

HH COULD BE LOSING RIGHT NOW!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

somnambulist posted:

Why am I laughing so hard at this

No ring.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Here all along, I thought Raichik lived in NY.

She’s for real an LA girl? That’s my town. I am ashamed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My friend it's LA. This is the thing that makes you ashamed of it?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Gosh, if Trump is underperforming against Haley, imagine if he had an opponent who wasn’t dumb enough to support the Alabama IVF ban! :doh:

HH COULD BE LOSING RIGHT NOW!!!

Haley is a loving terrible campaigner

She could absolutely be making ground against him if she stopped being a loving moron and saying bizarre poo poo, just be the moderate to his fascist, it's not that hard

But she's ALSO a fascist, she just wants to do it the Civil way. The IVF and slavery idiocy were completely unforced errors.

Also, "I will pardon Trump" when you are trying to energize the Republicans that hate him, yeah okay Nikki. :thumbsup:

Just let the GOP die already, what a loving worthless party

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Obsidianheart posted:

Also, I'm in Oklahoma, and I'm seeing a lot of stuff about Nex from 2 people on the reg, and everyone else is either radio silent or unaware. Most of the alt-communities that I interact with in this hellhole made a lot of "Non-binary kid got killed, because of loving course they did" posts, kind of sliding into this resigned, bitter acknowledgement that this state is a dumpster fire, then they moved on to organizing get-togethers for anyone who knew a middle-aged punk who passed away recently.

I'm going to a vigil for them tomorrow. The trans community is fully aware of what's going on and plenty of us are deeply upset about it. The problem is that this poo poo happens on a weekly-to-monthly basis now. If you ever go to a Trans Day of Remembrance get ready to be there for a solid hour while they read the names of all the people who were murdered the year before, and that's just the ones who get reported.

They were also, as it turns out, a Choktaw living in the Cherokee Nation. The local chief is requesting that his Marshal Service be allowed to participate in the investigation due to their residency. The police are very very obviously lying to sow just enough doubt to make the national attention go away. The search warrant they issued very clearly states they suspect foul play.

This isn't even the first vigil I've been to this loving year.

I am so, so tired.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

Here all along, I thought Raichik lived in NY.

She’s for real an LA girl? That’s my town. I am ashamed.

She's from LA, she tried to make in the NY real estate scene using her family's money and connections and washed the gently caress out because, as seen in the inteview with Lorenz, she's an uncharismatic hateful imbecile who couldn't sell poo poo to people, so she slinked back to LA and set up a Twitter account that doxxed LGBT+ people and kids because, again, she's an evil bigot with a broken brain. Then Seth Dillon of the Babylon Bee picked her up and groomed her in how to stalk, doxx and rable rouse even better and funded her program and the rest is history.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Okuteru posted:

Yeah, she had a fiance who left her because she is a garbage person.

This whole interview with the LoTT lady reminds me of the fascist run of Disco Elysium.

Seriously, you can become a fascist in order to avoid the pain of losing your fiance and becoming a shell of a man.

Only for her to call you an even more broken person because you're a fascist.

i dont think she did it because of that. i think she did it because she is dickhead bully and didnt like the "wacky liberals" or etc and then kept doubling down when she got more and more validation.

nine-gear crow posted:

She's from LA, she tried to make in the NY real estate scene using her family's money and connections and washed the gently caress out because, as seen in the inteview with Lorenz, she's an uncharismatic hateful imbecile who couldn't sell poo poo to people, so she slinked back to LA and set up a Twitter account that doxxed LGBT+ people and kids because, again, she's an evil bigot with a broken brain. Then Seth Dillon of the Babylon Bee picked her up and groomed her in how to stalk, doxx and rable rouse even better and funded her program and the rest is history.

yeah. she is a rich kid nepo who hosed up even then and now plays Kiwifarms irl.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Haley is a loving terrible campaigner

She could absolutely be making ground against him if she stopped being a loving moron and saying bizarre poo poo, just be the moderate to his fascist, it's not that hard

But she's ALSO a fascist, she just wants to do it the Civil way. The IVF and slavery idiocy were completely unforced errors.

Also, "I will pardon Trump" when you are trying to energize the Republicans that hate him, yeah okay Nikki. :thumbsup:

Just let the GOP die already, what a loving worthless party

Haley is an idiot trying to walk both sides of the GOP while mostly running as boring conservative but sorta mean about trump.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Funky See Funky Do posted:

My friend it's LA. This is the thing that makes you ashamed of it?

Yeah, LA is more reactionary than you would think.

Homelessness, housing, thinking LA ends at the Westside and East LA doesn't count for some reason.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

lmfao good luck with that you delusional clown

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rescue Toaster posted:

I watch stuff like Your Movie Sucks and Red Letter Media and holy poo poo does YouTube not realize that those are not the same thing as Critical Drinker, it will not stop pushing that trash. I guess it could just be YouTube's unceasing effort to push right wing poo poo rather than anything to do with movies though.

It's funny, I remember seeing a thread in the RLM subreddit a month or so ago where someone was like "Hey ya'll, I love The Critical Drinker, he's just like the Red Letter Media guys, amirite fellas?" and got loving flushed out to sea on a wave of "gently caress you fascist" posts in like the hundreds strong. It was really great to see.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Chaya knows there's exactly 0% chance of her ever getting married and having kids the way she and her cult want her to, so now she's going for broke after somehow being put in a position of authority in a state she doesn't live in.

This is deeply not ok.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

emSparkly posted:

I am also deeply aggravated by the people stepping over the dead body of a child to lol about interview gaffs made by the evil stupid woman who helped build the atmosphere that led to their murder and the ongoing coverup attempt. As though whether or not she gets owned matters- she's done her damage and she'll be replaced in short order if she ever flames out. The hate will find some other path to ground, it always does. Jerry Falwell, Anita Bryant, Jesse Helms, Pat Buchanan, Pat Robertson, Trent Lott, James Dobson- there's always another.

For real and for true though, it's not much use scolding the people engaged in the current culture war. And someone has to chip away at her, making her irredeemably ridiculous is how she'll eventually fall off. Don't drive yourself mad about it. Find your local community, be with them, mourn your dead and fight for the living.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Haley is an idiot trying to walk both sides of the GOP while mostly running as boring conservative but sorta mean about trump.

I'm so sick of Donny seeming to be good at elections when actually it's just clowns and terrible campaigns all the way down that knock themselves out like loving Mario Party AIs, and then you had Hillary with "but does the Midwest REALLY matter to campaign in?" High off her own supply.

Republicans are loving TERRIBLE at campaigning, and rely completely on media infrastructure from RWM and legacy media to give them reach. Trump is a moron but he does realize in some lizard cunning way how to talk to his base .

Honestly thank god Biden is a politican who seems to actually know how to campaign.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 25, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Donald Trump is a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and his butt smells, and he likes to kiss his own butt.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
Donald Trump calls wife Melania ‘Mercedes’ during live CPAC speech

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm going to a vigil for them tomorrow. The trans community is fully aware of what's going on and plenty of us are deeply upset about it. The problem is that this poo poo happens on a weekly-to-monthly basis now. If you ever go to a Trans Day of Remembrance get ready to be there for a solid hour while they read the names of all the people who were murdered the year before, and that's just the ones who get reported.

They were also, as it turns out, a Choktaw living in the Cherokee Nation. The local chief is requesting that his Marshal Service be allowed to participate in the investigation due to their residency. The police are very very obviously lying to sow just enough doubt to make the national attention go away. The search warrant they issued very clearly states they suspect foul play.

This isn't even the first vigil I've been to this loving year.

I am so, so tired.

I'm glad that Nex Benedict is getting some attention outside of my own limited slice of worldview, because this whole thing is loving awful.

Native law enforcement does not gently caress around, so that is heartening.

I don't know what to say, except "I'm sorry. I hope this all gets better in our lifetimes".

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is that the name of the new body double/clone? :haw:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

you'd lose your fuckin' mind if the ring was there, we all would. the DEEP STATE knows this and removed the ring

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Obsidianheart posted:

I'm glad that Nex Benedict is getting some attention outside of my own limited slice of worldview, because this whole thing is loving awful.

Native law enforcement does not gently caress around, so that is heartening.

I don't know what to say, except "I'm sorry. I hope this all gets better in our lifetimes".

i saw it on the local news and it doesnt sound like its gonna go away for right now. reactions like this from the OK leadership isnt making it go away anytime soon. https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/stat...40post537982019

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm so sick of Donny seeming to be good at elections when actually it's just clowns and terrible campaigns all the way down that knock themselves out like loving Mario Party AIs, and then you had Hillary with "but does the Midwest REALLY matter to campaign in?" High off her own supply.

Republicans are loving TERRIBLE at campaigning, and rely completely on media infrastructure from RWM and legacy media to give them reach. Trump is a moron but he does realize in some lizard cunning way how to talk to his base .

Honestly thank god Biden is a politican who seems to actually know how to campaign.

yeah. obviously too soon but it does seem the national dems have learned from 2016 somewhat. right now they are stacking their cash and donations to prepare to flood the airwaves come july through novemeber.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

reactions like this from the OK leadership isnt making it go away anytime soon.

I mean, I see where you're coming from, but most of the not-in-this-state people I've talked to have reacted to poo poo like this with "Yeah, that tracks for OK".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Renreeja posted:

the ivf thing is so weird cause its like the gop scrambling and searching for something really out there to taze thenselves in the balls with. Was ivf like a hated thing amongst christians before?

Rockman Reserve posted:

as a former evangelical let me assure you that horrifying numbers of them have been looking for a legal end to ivf for literally decades and you guys mocking it as an impossibility that they all hate are desperately uninformed

What I was taught as a young evangelical in the late 90s is that children conceived by IVF didn't have a soul because they were created by man, by scientists playing god