Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BiggerBoat posted:

Mike Rothschild, an expert in conspiracy theories

well he would have to be by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

well he would have to be by now

The subtitle of his latest book is literally *No relation

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

This reminds me of the show 24, where each season they would latch on to some technical object or process and try to insert it into every episode to seem relevant. I think it was season 3 or 4 where everything had to be data mined - despite data mining being a relatively specific term.

Recovered hard drive from a terrorist laptop? Data mine that for me.
Broken cell phone found at the scene of a crime? Data mine that for me.
Chunk of metal found at the site of a bombing? Data mine that for me.
Witness to a crime 7 miles away from anything relevant to the show? Data mine them for me.

CHLOE, IT’S JACK
What was that BBQ restaurant we took that guy to a few years back when we were investigating the antifa cell that was making Sarin. They had that really good oil sauce. CHLOE CALL ME BEFORE FIVE so I can pick up the right bbq.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

It didn't always used to be this way and was a lot more laid back but it's gotten increasingly MAGA over the last decade or so and the shift in overall mood, temperament and...meanness and anger I guess is very palpable . Plus, at least here in St. Johns County, we're getting a LOT of disgruntled New Yorkers, Phillies, Jerseys and Connecticuts who are fleeing the "liberal nightmare" cities they lived in. And, to be fair to them, their reasons aren't entirely ridiculous or irrational but we're getting the worst of the worst from up north, who were miserable people to start with, and who view whatever Desantis is doing down here as a net positive. People who voted for Trump, love guns and the death penalty but live in NY, DE, NJ or whatever but very few religious zealots; at least to my eyes.

Pretty sure that's one of the big reasons that Florida is pretty much blood red now.

That, along with a stunningly inept Democratic Party here in this state but that's a whole other subject.

I read this thing awhile ago and it reminded me of your florida posts

https://billytownsend.substack.com/p/florida-is-committing-demographic

quote:

Florida is committing demographic and economic suicide by trading our youngs for other states' olds

2nd oldest (getting older). 2nd lowest share (decreasing) of native Floridians. It's why we're a low wage, bad education, high cost of living state. The "State of I-4" is the only hope for a future.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Don talking about his wife, Mercedes.

https://twitter.com/DonLew87/status/1761521170417848625

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

I swear to god, man, do the US flag, punisher, AK47, Thin Blue Line decals and obnoxiously loud pipes on F-150's come pre-installed?

I absolutely LOATHE what I see as the ubiquitous performative pseudo patriotism I see everywhere here in NE Florida. It really sucks that the moment I see someone going overboard with USA USA USA branding - or even doing it at all - that I automatically assume they're a fascist. I try REALLY hard not to make snap judgements like that but when someone comes into my work place with a camouflage American flag hat or some poo poo, I can't help myself.

Also, I increasingly notice that the regular old US flag is simply not enough anymore. It'll have red/blue lines, fish, guns patterns, black stripes, camo texture, deer antlers, crosses or whatever the gently caress these goobers are trying to tell us about What They Like, Why It's Cool and Why They're The Salt of the Earth that demands immediate respect.

"Hey, I'm Earl and I love America, fishing and hunting!" so I'm a good person who votes Republican like a True American!"

It's similar to how wound up they get about standing for the anthem, worshipping troops and sucking up to cops. I notice that when they have one of those "I LOVE POLICE" stickers, it's always ALWAYS right there on the rear driver's side so the officer can see it and maybe let the person go with a warning for speeding, rolling coal or violating noise ordinances.

Speaking of that, 20 years ago or so, white rednecks were very VERY up in arms about loud cars - specifically ones that amplified the bass on loud hip hop music - to the point that they actually tried to/succeeded in passing laws about it but, now, every god damned Americamobile I drive past goes out of its way to be as loud as humanly possible.
We've discussed it before, but conservatives really go over the top with in group signaling. They love to scream from the rafters about their loyalty and their contempt for their outgroup as this reinforces their affiliation to one another.

There's a natural contradiction of course, as they simultaneously crave conformity yet see themselves as mavericks in a sea of sheeple. I think in a way it's the product of mixed messaging they get growing up. You need to follow common sense and study what works socially, yet you will only get anywhere by showing initiative and innovation. The result is this really surreal form of performative behavior

They also create this narrative for themselves about the world. For instance they seem to think everyone secretly agrees with them, they're desperate to be validated. They think the world has gone upside down but it's okay because people will eventually come to their senses, they can only lie to themselves for so long. So having a big loud showy truck not only exists to "trigger the libs" but to reassure others that they are on the "right" side of history, so to speak.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

I'll be interested to see him try to spin this one as a joke

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

The democrats need to take a leaf out of the Karl Rove book and just go straight at Trump on age. “Trump’s too old to be president, he’s senile” etc. If you’re perceived as weak on something attack the other side for it. It makes their strong attack look like meaningless tit-for-tat, instead of the media always and only asking “Is Joe Biden too old”.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
main stream media : this is bad for biden: how don's love of the car brand Mercedes shows how hip and connected to da youths Don is.

e: jesus is Rove still alive?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BiggerBoat posted:

It didn't always used to be this way and was a lot more laid back but it's gotten increasingly MAGA over the last decade or so and the shift in overall mood, temperament and...meanness and anger I guess is very palpable . Plus, at least here in St. Johns County, we're getting a LOT of disgruntled New Yorkers, Phillies, Jerseys and Connecticuts who are fleeing the "liberal nightmare" cities they lived in. And, to be fair to them, their reasons aren't entirely ridiculous or irrational but we're getting the worst of the worst from up north, who were miserable people to start with, and who view whatever Desantis is doing down here as a net positive. People who voted for Trump, love guns and the death penalty but live in NY, DE, NJ or whatever but very few religious zealots; at least to my eyes.

Pretty sure that's one of the big reasons that Florida is pretty much blood red now.

That, along with a stunningly inept Democratic Party here in this state but that's a whole other subject.

You're also getting all the complete imbeciles from Jacksonville who insist that Duval County is every bit the hellhole they've been told New York and LA are. They don't want to give up their job though, so they'll just move across the county line and live in the utopia that is St. Johns County while working in Mad Max Jax. Always people who were living at the beaches or the intercoastal too.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

CPAC is run by the American Conservative Union - their chairman is Matt Schlapp and his wife is Mercedes Schlapp. That's probably what put the name in his brain.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Civilized Fishbot posted:

CPAC is run by the American Conservative Union - their chairman is Matt Schlapp and his wife is Mercedes Schlapp. That's probably what put the name in his brain.

Let me tell you the joking "Spanish" nickname Egyptians used for one of their own muckity-mucks.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Civilized Fishbot posted:

He's definitely talking about Schlapp at the last part, it's just awkward because he talked about Melania before.

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Anecdotally, the Big Loud Pickup Truck demographic where i live in Indiana seems to be mostly hispanic.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

"The researchers concluded at the time that women were drawn to Obama through physical attraction. However, the 2020 study indicated that women, while ovulating, were drawn to former President Trump because of his high degree of intelligence, not physical attractiveness."
https://twitter.com/TheNatPulse/status/1761774138287370670

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

OgNar posted:

"The researchers concluded at the time that women were drawn to Obama through physical attraction. However, the 2020 study indicated that women, while ovulating, were drawn to former President Trump because of his high degree of intelligence, not physical attractiveness."
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

If that's where the floor is I guess I'd better get flood insurance for all the pussy I'm about to be drowning in before I run for President
(none of the above will actually happen)

Edit: someone see if Cornel West is doing okay, and does that mean Bernie actually dropped out because his heart couldn't handle the constant sexual harassment

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 25, 2024

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
That feels like one of those "do you still beat your wife" setups where you either agree with :biotruths: or you call Trump "intelligent" if you try to argue with it.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

You could simply call the national pulse an inferior grade of toilet paper.

In slow wheel turning news, Alex Jones likely faces liquidation (of his assets).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

OgNar posted:

What the hell is this poo poo?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

OgNar posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen an article about a single fact in a study which itself refutes the article in the abstract. Obviously I don't have access to the full study, but based on the title and abstract I'm comfortable giving this 5 screaming Pinocchio's held for clinical treatment.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
LISTEN UP LIBERALS
https://twitter.com/liverking/status/1752903593047339372?t=qZY2KryCrYJjmgOfvO1Xpg&s=19
Perfect example of what BiggerBoat and I were talking about.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Panfilo posted:

LISTEN UP LIBERALS
https://twitter.com/liverking/status/1752903593047339372?t=qZY2KryCrYJjmgOfvO1Xpg&s=19
Perfect example of what BiggerBoat and I were talking about.

I thought that guy died?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
A lack of wiping has apparently added years to his life

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I appreciate the Liver King still doing his thing after people discovered the obvious- that he was doing steroids to get into the physical shape he was in, not because of his extreme paleo diet

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I swear if that were someone like Vermin Supreme, we'd be eating this poo poo up

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I first learned of that dude's existence when someone posted a clip of him shirtless and screaming at vegetables in a supermarket. He's a special, special kind of loon.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Mods change my name to "Hardly Wipe".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I first learned of that dude's existence when someone posted a clip of him shirtless and screaming at vegetables in a supermarket. He's a special, special kind of loon.

How much of it is the grift and how much of it is legit brain worms is impossible for anyone not part of the Liver Royalty to determine. The few appearances of the Liver Princes that I've seem have had them acting far too normally for them to actually live the promotional media presentation.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I didn't know about him when I got to his episode of Behind the Bastards. He's... quite a guy.
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/the-liver-king-a-live-show-112205987/

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Gyges posted:

How much of it is the grift and how much of it is legit brain worms is impossible for anyone not part of the Liver Royalty to determine. The few appearances of the Liver Princes that I've seem have had them acting far too normally for them to actually live the promotional media presentation.

Reading his e-mail to the doc he was tryingto get to adjust his $12,000 a month worth of steroids and hormones, he's entirely rational and cool-headed, so at least then, the bluster and such were 100% grift.

He seems to have amped it up since the scandal, and who knows how the stress of the exposure plus trying to stay on the influencer treadmill have affected him since. But I'd still bet on grifter trying to lock in the attention of fickle hogs.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

30-50 fickle hogs

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephyr posted:

Reading his e-mail to the doc he was tryingto get to adjust his $12,000 a month worth of steroids and hormones, he's entirely rational and cool-headed, so at least then, the bluster and such were 100% grift.

He seems to have amped it up since the scandal, and who knows how the stress of the exposure plus trying to stay on the influencer treadmill have affected him since. But I'd still bet on grifter trying to lock in the attention of fickle hogs.

Oh the "fitness" part is all grift. I'm talking about the non-fitness primal parts like sleeping on wooden beds, no shoes, questionable hygiene, no wifi, and putting all electronics inside faraday cages when entering the house. The less roided out caveman media antics of his lifestyle grift.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Considering he was just doing steroids and lying about it, I just assume when the cameras aren't on that he drops that part of the act

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

He’s definitely dehydrated for the pic above right? My understanding is that it’s only possible to look like that for short periods before passing out.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

OH NO
How could this happen...

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1761845233925374291

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Google Gemini, nee Bard, just won't answer. I don't blame it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Lone Badger posted:

He’s definitely dehydrated for the pic above right? My understanding is that it’s only possible to look like that for short periods before passing out.

He's on tens of thousands of dollars a month of roids and flexing as had as he can. Probably a little dehydrated, but not nearly like for an actual photoshoot or movie scene where you would have planned out a diet an hydration routine for weeks to reach peak on a specific day.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

wipin' hard or hardly wipin'?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*padme meme* it's because he's using a bidet, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

I appreciate the Liver King still doing his thing after people discovered the obvious- that he was doing steroids to get into the physical shape he was in, not because of his extreme paleo diet

people still somehow undersell how jacked up on gear this dumb motherfucker is lol

he's devouring capital class vessel levels of steroids, IGF1 and testosterone, over eleven thousand dollars worth every month, no typo

fuckin love his routine of

- wake up

- empty half an equine veterinary office's worth of Musclefucker 3000 into each arm

- shout into mirror a bunch

- make tiktoks telling people how to get his PRIMAL BOD with the power of getting sunburnt and force feeding yourself raw meat until you're 65% trichinosis by volume

- die within like five years of now