Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

also if anyone didnt read that google doc you really missed out on some content

i've been cultivating that raw webcore aesthetic for years across mediums. i'm a breakcore artist, it's the same poo poo to me in musical form.

while I feel bad for the op that google doc does have some gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

i've been cultivating that raw webcore aesthetic for years across mediums. i'm a breakcore artist, it's the same poo poo to me in musical form.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

selec posted:

Goons unable to bear hearing people who view the world similarly, but not identically, clutch their anime statuettes in horror.

how's your new podcast with robert evans going mr. zitron?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this Ed Zitron episode is pretty bad. turned it off at "he's not even a sophisticated bigot... he's just an rear end in a top hat! :qq:"

e: who's the worst guest?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i say swears online posted:

while I feel bad for the op that google doc does have some gems

there's some funny lines but that is a person who has been beaten down by life.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

this Ed Zitron episode is pretty bad. turned it off at "he's not even a sophisticated bigot... he's just an rear end in a top hat! :qq:"

me

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
there was that.. band? that was in the episode EVERYONE hated. i didn't listen to it

e: podcasters maybe. girl god. have a listen: https://soundgasm.net/u/ClassWarAndPuppies2/675-Demolition-Them-feat-Girl-God-102822

there was the GOOP CRUISE episode too that people weren't into

Quotey has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Feb 25, 2024

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I've only been listening to chapo for a few years, but the goop cruise ep was brutal. It's nuts that that lady thought she was going to go toe-to-toe with David Foster Wallace

https://harpers.org/archive/2023/05/goop-cruise-gwyneth-paltrow-goop-at-sea/

https://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/HarpersMagazine-1996-01-0007859.pdf

This is one of the footnotes of Wallace's:

quote:

4 I'll admit that on the very first night of the TNC I
asked the staff of the Nadir's Five-Star Caravelle
Restaurant whether I could maybe have a spare bucket
of au jus drippings from supper so that I could try
chumming for sharks off the back rail of the top deck,
and that this request struck everybody from the maitre
d' on down as disturbing and maybe even disturbed,
and that it turned out to be a serious journalistic faux
pas, because I'm almost positive the maitre d' passed
this disturbing tidbit on to Mr. Dermatitis and that it
was a big reason why I was denied access to places like
the ship's galley, thereby impoverishing the sensuous
scope of this article. It also revealed how little I understood the Nadir's sheer size: twelve decks up is 150
feet, and the au jus drippings would have dispersed into a vague red cologne by the time they hit the water,
with concentrations of blood inadequate to attract or
excite a serious shark, whose fin would have probably
looked like a pushpin from that height anyway.

Karach has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Feb 25, 2024

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

What if he was more pithy and called Ed Citron

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Quotey posted:

there was that.. band? that was in the episode EVERYONE hated. i didn't listen to it

e: podcasters maybe. girl god. have a listen: https://soundgasm.net/u/ClassWarAndPuppies2/675-Demolition-Them-feat-Girl-God-102822

there was the GOOP CRUISE episode too that people weren't into

The Perverts episode about GOOP sucked too. I think it's just not possible to mine good content out of GOOP

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

"we all believed in the promise of tech until the Cambridge Analytica scandal" was when I realized Zitron had great takes

The Cambridge Analytica stuff is funny because only liberals care about it, but they think it's a Big Deal because, even if they claim otherwise, they actually do trust institutions and get really upset and confused when they do corruption or whatever.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

five minute warning for shane gillis on SNL

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i saw some of the twitter discourse about him getting fired from there and just instantly decided I was going to ignore it completely.

to this day idk what the offensive joke was and I feel pretty good about that

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i must have listened to the goop cruise chapo episode because i have it downloaded on my phone, but also, zero memory of it. perhaps i should listen to it again...?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

the Matthew Walther appearance was so bad Brendan James quarantined it to his personal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CensoredMen/status/1761396055990550633?t=8FINpNskoNsshi8tj6PWyA&s=19

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Yeah but then he want on Jordan Jensen’s podcast and affected apathy, made fun of people who “care”. Mike Recene popped off pretty hard on both of them this week.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Is Adam Friedland a hero? May be....

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i'm like 6 or 7 months behind on TAFS and trying to catch in reverse chronological order, man it's so low energy. poor nick

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what are the funny bits or is it just too depressing as a whole to make it funny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gripweed posted:

Ed Zitron is on the new QAnonAnonymous if anybody out there is craving more Zitron.

lol i listened to this one and it sucks but not because of zitron. jake is just fuming mad the whole time and sucks rear end

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

Honestly listening to non techies talk about AI is always cringe because you need a certain level of familiarity with Computer to know just how little actually goes into these things, save for millions of dollars worth of stolen training data, expensive customized computer chips, and enough electricity to make bitcoin idiots blush.

The fact that ed is a marketing guy is very lol however

he pretty much said the same thing as you did but in a mad brit voice.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Xaris posted:

lol i listened to this one and it sucks but not because of zitron. jake is just fuming mad the whole time and sucks rear end

I do listen to QAA semi regularly, but Jake and Julian do came across dudes trying REALLY hard to be funny when they usually fall flat. Travis and Liz are fine, tho. They seem more laid back and knowledgeable compared to the other two.

Also, I have no strong opinion on Ed Zitron. The fact he makes goons mad is baffling to me.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
yeah the ep was fine but Zit doing a podcast where his first guest is Bob Evan’s deserves scorn

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its so bizarre. The last time something this odd happened when brace had the clancychat guy on. It was great, two brace beldens talking to each other and half the people here hated it.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Trabisnikof posted:

What if he was more pithy and called Ed Citron

Better if he only posted once a year as Ed Etrog

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Tankbuster posted:

its so bizarre. The last time something this odd happened when brace had the clancychat guy on. It was great, two brace beldens talking to each other and half the people here hated it.

that dude is a pro tier twitter follow too. always out doing weird poo poo, posting cool photos and telling bizarre stories. I swear people don’t even know what’s good on the internet anymore. weirdos with specialized knowledge! that’s always what’s been good about it!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Also whoever posted the Trillbillies episode on the Bal des Ardents I enjoyed it, never listened to those guys before but they have my seal of approval

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
My only context for Ed Zitron is that he's always the first patreon donor mentioned in Citations Needed

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gradenko_2000 posted:

My only context for Ed Zitron is that he's always the first patreon donor mentioned in Citations Needed

he's no WeedLord

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ed Zitron vs Will Stancil

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Dokapon Findom posted:

Also whoever posted the Trillbillies episode on the Bal des Ardents I enjoyed it, never listened to those guys before but they have my seal of approval

It's a fantastic podcast.

It does make me wonder. For the Americans - does having an accent like they do lead people to believe you're dumb or uneducated? How do people usually deal with this? Do they affect a northeast accent when they are trying to enter a profession?

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
What's a good podcast in the vein of Chapo, TrueAnon, or pre-TAFS Cumtown? Looking for something funny and maybe informative but mostly just entertaining enough to throw on in the background while doing stuff on autopilot at work or getting high doing chores. I've tried a couple but they aren't quite scratching the same itch:

-Bein' Ian (WITH JORDAN! MEOW): okay sometimes. Jordan can be pretty funny with the right guest/situation but Ian is just obnoxious.
-Pendejo Boys: listened to a couple of older episodes after enjoying their recent Chapo appearance and they seemed pretty slow, maybe that improves over time though.

I enjoy stuff like Citations Needed and Blowback too but they require more mental energy/engagement than I'm looking for right now. Will likely try Trillbillies next.

gradenko_2000 posted:

poo poo, that's why his name sounds so familiar! I figured my brain was just mush and combining him with Ed Sheeran or something.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atahualpa posted:

What's a good podcast in the vein of Chapo, TrueAnon, or pre-TAFS Cumtown? Looking for something funny and maybe informative but mostly just entertaining enough to throw on in the background while doing stuff on autopilot at work or getting high doing chores. I've tried a couple but they aren't quite scratching the same itch:

Out for Smokes podcast

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Atahualpa posted:

-Bein' Ian (WITH JORDAN! MEOW): okay sometimes. Jordan can be pretty funny with the right guest/situation but Ian is just obnoxious.
-Pendejo Boys: listened to a couple of older episodes after enjoying their recent Chapo appearance and they seemed pretty slow, maybe that improves over time though.

I enjoy stuff like Citations Needed and Blowback too but they require more mental energy/engagement than I'm looking for right now. Will likely try Trillbillies next.

poo poo, that's why his name sounds so familiar! I figured my brain was just mush and combining him with Ed Sheeran or something.

Kill James Bond

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

selec posted:

that dude is a pro tier twitter follow too. always out doing weird poo poo, posting cool photos and telling bizarre stories. I swear people don’t even know what’s good on the internet anymore. weirdos with specialized knowledge! that’s always what’s been good about it!

His substack is the only one I will ever pay for (I waffle on Sam Kriss's occasionally) seriously good, digs up some great stuff.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's a fantastic podcast.

It does make me wonder. For the Americans - does having an accent like they do lead people to believe you're dumb or uneducated? How do people usually deal with this? Do they affect a northeast accent when they are trying to enter a profession?

There's definitely some prejudice against (broadly) southern accents. Tom's accent is very pronounced but I don't think he sounds particularly "dumb." I think the cadence and pitch of his voice makes him sound a little more sophisticated. When he gets more animated it starts to get a little more hillbilly. I think he's fun to listen to.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atahualpa posted:

you're a strong candidate for lemon party and hate watch, friend

maybe beep beep lettuce too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Atahualpa posted:

Lemonparty definitely

if you want something less funny and more informative (in the trueanon vein), there's also This Machine Kills