Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday because I am at my desk and remembered edition

I'm glad you do this and worry about you when you go a couple of weeks without a post.

Thank you so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That Morbid Saint comeback from a couple of weeks ago is surprisingly solid.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

That Morbid Saint comeback from a couple of weeks ago is surprisingly solid.

I didn't really care for the production it sounded very generic but they play super hard and the riffs are solid so it's a solid B for me.

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday because I am at my desk and remembered edition
Traveler, trad

Traveler are really good. Everyone who was liking that Striker album about a week ago would probably like this.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah that traveler is so good even I like it, and its usually not my thing

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

For some reason for the last I don't know 10+ years, I thought Necrophagist only ever released Epitaph.

I have listened to Epitaph probably 100s of times, the entire time thinking this was all there was.

I listened to the entire Onset of Putrefaction album twice today. wtf

I am so loving dumb, but it kind of rules because I get a new Necrophagist album.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Henchman of Santa posted:

Goon lore minileague next.

Deep goonlore like the origin of :sax: and Kuuenbuu’s “NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD” meltdown on air

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Every time I see the word Kuuenbu, the voice line from Mega Man X4 pops into my head.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

ultrafilter posted:

New Borknagar sounds a lot like old Borknagar so y'all probably know what you're going to think about it.

Aye can't wait to give it a good listen this weekend. I thought "Nordic Anthem" was pretty poo poo so I have been pretty worried I won't like the whole album.

Borknagar is my most favourite band ever and I've never disliked ANYTHING they've done, so the fact that I disliked Nordic Anthem got me feeling uneasy.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

https://neuralectomy.bandcamp.com/album/silent-valley-obituary

Silent Hill themed slamming brutal death. This is excellent.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Malaria posted:

For some reason for the last I don't know 10+ years, I thought Necrophagist only ever released Epitaph.

I have listened to Epitaph probably 100s of times, the entire time thinking this was all there was.

I am so loving dumb, but it kind of rules because I get a new Necrophagist album.

You’re the only person alive who got the new Necrophagist album lmao

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gorilla Radio posted:

I'm glad you do this and worry about you when you go a couple of weeks without a post.

Thank you so much!

I'm always around, sometimes on Fridays it gets to like 2pm and I go "ah poo poo I forgot to make a new music post, oh well next week" and then go back to posting in the 40k or fighting game threads

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

ultraviolence123 posted:

lmaoooooo slam keeps slamming

quote:

We are pleased to announce that our vocalist IGOR VATA successfully left Ukraine for Samara and accepted Russian citizenship (thanks to the fans for their donations and support).
Officially NEURALECTOMY is a USA/Russian project.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Malaria posted:

how did you never hear fermented offal discharge lol

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Nazzadan posted:

I'm always around, sometimes on Fridays it gets to like 2pm and I go "ah poo poo I forgot to make a new music post, oh well next week" and then go back to posting in the 40k or fighting game threads

dude, your Friday posts are awesome. Thanks for keeping it up!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Just realizing i have never bothered to listen to this band because this was my only exposure to them. Guess I need to rectify that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0kCn5YRE0

Nazzadan posted:

I always appreciate the lists because trying to navigate new releases on bandcamp is a slog.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

lol everyone just gloss over Genital Shame. That name got me lolling.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~

ThePopeOfFun posted:

You’re the only person alive who got the new Necrophagist album lmao

If you close your eyes and pretend really hard the new Hannes Grossman EP can be like the 3rd Necrophagist album.

You laugh, but listen to the end of Engraved In Their Shrouds and tell me that isn’t some Necrophagist poo poo right there.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I didn't get around to listening to that Traveler one yet, but this one's also really drat good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ultraviolence123 posted:

i love slam

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bongripper has a new record and I'm gonna make an extremely bold statement: it's gonna kick rear end

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Vargatron posted:

The new Job for a Cowboy is really good. But if you don't like prominent fretless bass it won't be for you. (it's extremely in my wheelhouse tho)

I have avoided these guys for years but this album is really very good, almost entirely because the bass is v good

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I have avoided these guys for years but this album is really very good, almost entirely because the bass is v good

I loving love Nick but JFAC always leaves me feeling "meh" and I don't understand why. The production and mix are stellar and the bass is incredible, but I always bounce off. Their stuff just never seems to come together into a satisfying whole for me and I can't put my finger on the reason.

At least I still have Havok and Nuclear Power Trio.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I have avoided these guys for years

Me too, entirely based on the name. For all I know they’re great

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
they used to be very prototypical deathcore so it makes sense

szary
Mar 12, 2014

This loving rips

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tvinna - Two – Wings of Ember

Post-doom, I guess. This is another one that has a good chance of being on my end of year list.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

szary posted:

This loving rips

Their first album was loving great too and quite possibly even more Bolt Thrower-y

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
New Borknagar is decent. I really didn't like their previous two (Winter Thrice and True North), they sounded really boring... like if AI made a Borknagar album. This one sounds better, but it doesn't hit like Urd and Universal did. I love Vintersorg, though.

The latter third of Summits is really good, I think.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Borknagar hasn't made a good album since 2000.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Empiricism is their best by far

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Winter Thrice featuring all their current and previous singers on a few songs was cool, and True North was their best album in decades, in my opinion. Haven't listened to the new one yet, but the full album can only be better than Nordic Anthem, unless they've taken a real Scandinavian Iced Earth-type turn.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vintersorg is my go to for prog black/folk metal stylings.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Vargatron posted:

loving love that dude's big giant Scandi baritone voice. Dan Swano has a similar thing going and it just really does it for me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

beefart posted:

Deep goonlore like the origin of :sax: and Kuuenbuu’s “NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD” meltdown on air

Definitely has to be hardcore, regdate after 2010 and you’ll probably fail poo poo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

they used to be very prototypical deathcore so it makes sense

My brother played me some of their stuff when they were in this period and it was boring so I never gave them another shot

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They were on Gigantour '08 which was my first metal show and I was hardwired against anything -core back then. They were mostly boring. Nothing I've heard about their tech death stuff has made it sound particularly appealing, just a lot of "hey they're actually pretty solid now."

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

~grandmaaaaaaa~

Vargatron posted:

Hell yeah. I get chills every time Fjällets Mäktiga Mur comes on my playlist and Mr V’s singing/growling “till fjälls” in the background during the chorus.

Bonus if the randomizer puts Till Fjälls as the next song.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

beefart posted:

Hell yeah. I get chills every time Fjällets Mäktiga Mur comes on my playlist and Mr V’s singing/growling “till fjälls” in the background during the chorus.

Bonus if the randomizer puts Till Fjälls as the next song.

I got into them when I was in high school and I still go back to Odemarkens Son and Cosmic Genesis regularly. I can't understand a lick of Swedish, but the vocal melodies and songwriting always had me singing along. One of the most unique groups I've listened to.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://www.grimgrimgrim.com/products/bozogrind

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

https://bogbody1.bandcamp.com/album/neanderthal

Ultra meathead slam. The Alex Jones sample at the beginning kills me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Vargatron posted:

I got into them when I was in high school and I still go back to Odemarkens Son and Cosmic Genesis regularly. I can't understand a lick of Swedish, but the vocal melodies and songwriting always had me singing along. One of the most unique groups I've listened to.

yes - I loving love those albums, and most of the ones he did with Borknagar... though Archaic Course is their best album and that was all Vortex.