Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I'm loving the acolyte skills that fill the place with little blue ghosties. I was gonna go skeletons but nah, think I'll go ghosties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

queeb posted:

ok once you get cthonic fissure to like lvel 8 or 9 holy gently caress things take off.

i hit 80 bleed stacks on one of the bosses at level 27, was hitting for like 1200/tick

Is bleed better than fire, Why so? Guides want to convert all to bleeds, but I do not yet understand why.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Is it just me or is birb just stupid OP?

Even with zero +Minion focus my bird shreds things, yea. Not sure how much "Falcon gets some of your Throwing Damage" I've taken, but I've far from optimized for the bird and it's super good

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are the special blue items from killing wizards only good as crafting bases? I can't seem to be able to extract the experimental affixes.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can seal the affixes with a special rune and they can also be used for legendary stuff.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Pro-tip for controller users: start the game with a mouse click. It seems that it sometimes gets stuck on loading if you use the controller to enter.

For some reason I got stuck a bunch of times where the sounds pop off as if it has done loading but the screen is still stuck at loading. Switching to the keyboard layout (by pressing a key or mouse clicking) removed that for me at least.

edit
Nevermind, it's happening randomly for me now.

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 25, 2024

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I'm loving the acolyte skills that fill the place with little blue ghosties. I was gonna go skeletons but nah, think I'll go ghosties.

Wandering Spirits is a super good skill and it starts pulling its weight immediately. It's very much worth leaning into if you plan to go that way.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

The only good items I can seemingly find are for minion builds, I should really listen to the game and play a falconer already

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

fancy stats posted:

The only good items I can seemingly find are for minion builds, I should really listen to the game and play a falconer already

lol it's funny because I'm playing a minion build and I never see good minion items

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Are the special blue items from killing wizards only good as crafting bases? I can't seem to be able to extract the experimental affixes.

If you press the button to see the tiers for each affix you'll see it says those are personal affixes that can't be turned into shards.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

fancy stats posted:

Ballista Falconer is the most OP and braindead build I've seen in a while, and I'm loving it. I removed direct attacks from my bar because they were just redundant, the minions kill everything too quickly.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Imaginary Friend posted:

Pro-tip for controller users: start the game with a mouse click. It seems that it sometimes gets stuck on loading if you use the controller to enter.

what

dooooooooooo they dangle to and fro

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Acid Flask Friends: What type of weapon are you using?

I've currently got it converted to Fire for synergy with Explosive Trap, found a nice Exalted Mace with +132% Fire on it. Ideally would be +Fire & +Elemental Damage but oh well.

Still fishing for my Vial of Volatile Ice :argh: Don't know if I just want to swap over to a Cold mace or find some +Crit Chance dagger

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

by putting lp uniques in rank 8 all together, you create something funny...

i own a 3lp one :-)

lpzie my brother... I found a non-lp one of those in the middle of the campaign and have been wearing it... quite a fun piece of "gear" so I congratulate you on your 3lp

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why all the weird stuff with resists and enemy penetration? Couldn't they just set a cap at 50 and make the rolls you can get a bit lower? Basically the same effect without all the obfuscation of secretly using a -75%-0% scale.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The UI says that Ghostflame deals 5k dps, but it definitely did not, to my great disappointment (for comparison, my other skills do about 500). Chaos Bolts doesn't have a DPS calculation at all, weirdly enough.

I went into my Acolyte intending to be a plague lich of some sort, but now I wish I had just made a Warlock since I'm maining Chaos Bolts. I guess Reaper form is a solid second life/traversal skill.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
DPS calculations seem arbitrary, but I think the reason Chaos Bolts doesn't have one is because it's not sure how many bolts will hit. I kinda wish you could at least have it show you damage per hit though.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I don't think I'll be replacing this any time soon.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Suprfli6 posted:

:eyepop:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

The UI says that Ghostflame deals 5k dps, but it definitely did not, to my great disappointment (for comparison, my other skills do about 500). Chaos Bolts doesn't have a DPS calculation at all, weirdly enough.

I went into my Acolyte intending to be a plague lich of some sort, but now I wish I had just made a Warlock since I'm maining Chaos Bolts. I guess Reaper form is a solid second life/traversal skill.

I’m maining Chaos Bolts too and I really like it. I love how all the skills can be set up to dump a shitload of diseases and curses on enemies and then realize benefits based on the number of debuffs. I use the teleport traversal to explode the screen.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

Daaamn nice hat

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I do feel bad for these guys, the goodwill seems to be running out and their discord is becoming increasingly hostile. I'm sure this is a rough weekend for all 10 of their employees or whatever

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

It's a shame because the offline experience is really fun.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Syrinxx posted:

I do feel bad for these guys, the goodwill seems to be running out and their discord is becoming increasingly hostile. I'm sure this is a rough weekend for all 10 of their employees or whatever

I think they're at like 90 now. They really ballooned up the past year or something.

And yeah, my goodwill is running out too. It's day 5, and today's the worst it's been. The rest of the time I've been able to get in and play at least some, and honestly the past 2 days haven't been that bad at all. But today? I can't even get in-game.

Not to mention, it's been 3 hours without any update on WTF is going on either, which is disappointing. Judd explicitly said that his goal was to keep everyone with updates every 30 minutes or so when there was downtime.

So yeah man. Goodwill is running out. I'm worried the problem is something a lot more serious than "more servers" or "oh currently overloaded". Like some core implementation just can't keep up without someone manually restarting a server every 10 minutes, lol.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ive been doing offline till they fix online had a necro i wanted to level anyway

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Hope the devs hang on, this must be incredibly stressful.

Saying that, this does feel like the worst launch I've experienced in the last decade. But maybe I've been really lucky.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

have you been hiding under a rock for a decade

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

bamhand posted:

Why all the weird stuff with resists and enemy penetration? Couldn't they just set a cap at 50 and make the rolls you can get a bit lower? Basically the same effect without all the obfuscation of secretly using a -75%-0% scale.

If you cap it at 50, then you have the PoE problem where resist capping is more important than it seems. If you’re 5% under, you’re actually taking 10% more damage than designed for. The point of the -75-0 scale is that every % you’re short of the cap is only 1% more damage than they designed for.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Syrinxx posted:

four years ago they had roughly 40 people, so it's certainly more than that now

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
CEO had to prohibit staff from checking discord when errors happen to protect them from all the toxicity
They have ~150k ppl on their discord server, 260k in game peak, #3 top seller on steam too btw
74% positive reviews so far, so it'll buff out i hope.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kalman posted:

If you cap it at 50, then you have the PoE problem where resist capping is more important than it seems. If you’re 5% under, you’re actually taking 10% more damage than designed for. The point of the -75-0 scale is that every % you’re short of the cap is only 1% more damage than they designed for.

Yeah a lot of the design of LE is a specific response to the shortcomings of the way PoE does things

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Mikojan posted:

Saying that, this does feel like the worst launch I've experienced in the last decade. But maybe I've been really lucky.
As an MMO player this isn't even in the top 10 worst launches I've seen :q:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
[returning to town so i can respec like 2 passive points]: this little maneuver's gonna cost us 20 minutes

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've managed to play online every day since launch. Sometimes the loading is awful, sometimes the matchmaking servers go down completely, but overall it's been like 70-80% playable for me. And once I got to monoliths it's been smooth sailing.

Moral of the story: use the forbidden monolith tech for the rest of the game.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Acid Flask Friends: What type of weapon are you using?

I've currently got it converted to Fire for synergy with Explosive Trap, found a nice Exalted Mace with +132% Fire on it. Ideally would be +Fire & +Elemental Damage but oh well.

Still fishing for my Vial of Volatile Ice :argh: Don't know if I just want to swap over to a Cold mace or find some +Crit Chance dagger

I admit I haven't got any of the stuff for Volatile Ice flasks but so far 55 levels, I'm still using Cinder Strike with a Hell's Reach, while the falcon drops fire converted flasks.
Also I have been buffing caltrops, and getting caltrops off nets, off dodge, and off aerial assault. These caltrops seem to be doing a nice number.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

xZAOx posted:

I think they're at like 90 now. They really ballooned up the past year or something.

And yeah, my goodwill is running out too. It's day 5, and today's the worst it's been. The rest of the time I've been able to get in and play at least some, and honestly the past 2 days haven't been that bad at all. But today? I can't even get in-game.

Not to mention, it's been 3 hours without any update on WTF is going on either, which is disappointing. Judd explicitly said that his goal was to keep everyone with updates every 30 minutes or so when there was downtime.

So yeah man. Goodwill is running out. I'm worried the problem is something a lot more serious than "more servers" or "oh currently overloaded". Like some core implementation just can't keep up without someone manually restarting a server every 10 minutes, lol.

i assume they are running into brand new bottlenecks every time they unfuck one bottleneck

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

How do you get your dodge high enough to rely on it anyway? The most I've gotten is like 30% with all the dodge passives, which didn't seem reliable enough to be relevant and it only got worse in higher level areas, so I switched them all out. Like, dodge is already fundamentally unreliable in a game like this, but LOW dodge is just completely worthless. Do I need to be stacking dodge on all my gear to get any value out of it at all?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Clarste posted:

I haven't done that build in particular, but as someone with a different Dive Bomb build I've found that the interaction with Falcon Strike is a little annoying. Specifically, the Falcon Strike animation takes a long time, and if you interrupt it with Dive Bomb (which you will, because the cooldown is so short) then you lose a lot of damage from Falcon Strike. To solve this I picked up the line attack version of Falcon Strike which only does one hit. I think the line attack is weaker overall—hard to tell, since they don't want to show you any numbers for falcon attacks—but it's quick so they don't step on each other's toes as much.

Edit: And yes, I've also noticed that the basic cooldown reduction node doesn't do anything.

I've been messing with the Birds Are Not Real node and associated nodes for Divebomb and I think they work well. I have no idea if it's a bug or not, but the smoke bomb cloud extension node seems to count every single shadow falcon as well, plus their redives. It also seems to let you keep applying the extension to the same cloud repeatedly. What this all amounts to is permanent uptime smoke clouds that cause your divebombs to hit like 6 times per cast to things inside it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I haven't been messing around with shadows as a Falconer since I already did a Bladedancer in early access, but I guess that makes sense.