Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the dems are experts at losing so i feel like this guy is whatever the opposite of a ringer is. a patsy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

looking forward to libs claiming that the left just didn't work hard enough to raise as much money as aipac in unseating bush, bowman, lee, et al., when they're defeated.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A liberal democrat.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Andorra posted:

Truly the perfect centrist, can look at both sides of the aisle at the same time

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Material concerns are, however, a really good smokescreen cover for more publicly unpalatable or unacceptable beliefs. They're also a really good way to attract people who might not initially share your awful beliefs to give you a hearing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Javid posted:

still looking better than brandon, he has a shot at the white house in '28 imo
He is a wee bit Genghis Khan.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

alas, willis herself has used it to successfully convict other cases.

petard status: hoisted

eta: and not for the first time; when she ran for d.a. she said in a televised interview that it was wrong for a boss to sleep with people that worked for them, and she swore she'd never do that.

thats such a weirdly specific thing to promise especially when she still fails to uphold it somehow

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I was wondering why discussion over breakfast today was that Trump is badly suffering from dementia.

the response to the president being objectively unfit for office and needing removed with the 25th amendment due to extremely obvious late stage dementia is for his party to unify under the message of "I know you are but what am I?"

It's an interesting tactic since it worked on liberals immediately. Our local ones locked step behind that and started dreaming up these fanciful scenarios where the clear-but-sometimes-stupid offscript Trumprant stuff is having all of the dementia attention directed toward it and you aren't supposed to acknowledge Biden since the bar they are setting at Trump would disqualify him too if you admitted his extreme cognitive decline and sad state.

Rectal Death Alert has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Feb 25, 2024

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Willa Rogers posted:

raprock obamna

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I just want to say that I would never sleep with a mod.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Nichael posted:

too old anyways

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

thats such a weirdly specific thing to promise especially when she still fails to uphold it somehow

I think the guy she was running against (or who was leaving the office, or both) had been embroiled in something like that.

latest news is that wade led the hiring/firing for her office after she won. There's also another whistleblower she fired a while ago after the woman claimed she was misusing federal pandemic funds who's talking to the House committee investigating her.

I'd be surprised if she lasts the week. I read somewhere that if she takes a voluntary leave of absence then her team (including wade) can stay in place but I'm not sure if that's true; if she waits it out & is canned and/or disbarred then the case is prolly DOA, bc fulton county has the likeliest demos for a jury to find trump guilty (ie: it's black).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I feel like this whole “Dubya wasn’t so bad” narrative is being pushed by two groups of people: zoomers too young to remember the Bush years and centrists trying to extend an olive branch to Republicans. My parents are both normie Democrats and don’t despise him any less. My mom got mad just the other day when I told her Bush’s accent and choice of words was partially an act put on to make him appear more relatable and not an over educated Yalie snob, implying he’s not actually a complete idiot.

its worth remembering that one of trumps big early norm breaking moments was going out on the debate stage and literally blaming george w bush for 9/11 which was significant in part because the lack of blowback showed that most republican voters didnt even like george w bush and that despite living for seven years under obamas rule they were actually considerably less willing to view him with rose tinted classes than if anyone had tried to make that attack in the 2008 republican primary

the libs saw all of this and concluded quite logically in their minds that clearly there must be oodles of good republicans outraged by trumps remarks whose support should be courted for the general election

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Willa Rogers posted:

looking forward to libs claiming that the left just didn't work hard enough to raise as much money as aipac in unseating bush, bowman, lee, et al., when they're defeated.

Don't worry, the big brains in D&D be sure to explain that failing to overcome billions of dollars in shady money from a generationally entrenched lobbyist group just proves that the left was never that serious about their unicorn demands for "not doing genocide," and pointing out anything shady or untoward like blatant misinformation campaigns and voter suppression is just sour grapes and maybe if we really wanted the things we say we do, we should simply rewrite all of the rules to benefit us and our causes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1761846161621586183

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ah, here we go:

quote:

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. - In a swift resolution to the federal case against former Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard, a jury, comprised of 8 men and 4 women, delivered their verdict after a day and a half of testimony. Howard faced accusations of sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment.

Howard was found not guilty on Dec. 15 of the charges leveled against him by former employee Cathy Carter.

During the trial, Howard took the stand in his defense, and the defense called two witnesses: Ronnie Dixon, a former deputy district attorney in 2019, and Lenny Nelson, Howard's chief of staff at the time. Nelson testified that Carter had issues being punctual for work and was subsequently placed on administrative leave. According to Nelson, Carter was required to report and sign into her office daily at the directive of Howard. Carter's lawyers argued that this directive demonstrated an abuse of power, asserting that no one else faced such requirements.

Howard served as district attorney for Fulton County for approximately 24 years.

Willis won the dem primary against him & ran unopposed in the general. That was in 2020, so she's up for reelection this year.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Rectal Death Alert posted:

the response to the president being objectively unfit for office and needing removed with the 25th amendment due to extremely obvious late stage dementia is for his party to unify under the message of "I know you are but what am I?"

It's an interesting tactic since it worked on liberals immediately.

Like you said, it's uncanny that it worked immediately and they're unified in perfect lockstep. I think that post about Trump's dementia was the top trending on reddit today.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The old Hillary toxx thread is hilarious knowing everything we know now.

Unfortunately, for this upcoming election, I seriously doubt we'll see this level of delusion.

Here's the thread if you want old laughs: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776185&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=60

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

The old Hillary toxx thread is hilarious knowing everything we know now.

Unfortunately, for this upcoming election, I seriously doubt we'll see this level of delusion.

Here's the thread if you want old laughs: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776185&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=60

good lols

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Like you said, it's uncanny that it worked immediately and they're unified in perfect lockstep. I think that post about Trump's dementia was the top trending on reddit today.

The siloed-media/echo-chambers thing was the best thing to happen to (or designed by) capital.

And this is exactly why I don't want to hear about the necessity of "deplatforming" odious ideas & people, bc it shuts out as many voices/ideas/events coverage of the left as it does of the right, thereby leaving libs to occupy the furthest-left allowable discourse space.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Honestly, Bernie bro's who went from supporting a far left candidate to a far right candidate confuse me and I want to understand what would make them go from far left to far right.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TrueSlazac/status/1761717941848990050

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Oh wow how did that happen

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Glad John is still with us. Here's to John.
https://twitter.com/dellavolpe/status/1760702316766707931

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Honestly, Bernie bro's who went from supporting a far left candidate to a far right candidate confuse me and I want to understand what would make them go from far left to far right.

tbf bernie himself told them to vote for joe

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nichael posted:

what about ex-mods :wink:

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

tbf bernie himself told them to vote for joe

Hell, Bernie campaigned harder for Hillary than Hillary did.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Weird that the side that wants to prolong a war got labeled "pro-war"

Gotta follow the money on this one imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Lol that they convinced themselves this subset of person existed and in great numbers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

SgtMongoose posted:

Hell, Bernie campaigned harder for Hillary than Hillary did.

And then she threw him under the bus forever as the reason she lost. Then Slernie did it all again for Biden after getting ratfucked. Loser rear end bitch.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1761550638251470979?t=3K7oz19tS-xsEUFT7dCXyQ&s=19

Hey can someone get numbers for me on what proportion of South Carolina GOP primary voters are white evangelicals? Please say it's low. I need this

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

they smell loser stink on Nimrod

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/pplsartofwar/status/1761155473443639631
https://twitter.com/ModeAnalytics/status/1744782298350862740

what if will is just a marketing run for the brother's business

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wow, a press release about adding the stock color feature from an open source Javascript charts library. incredible stuff.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

wow, a press release about adding the stock color feature from an open source Javascript charts library. incredible stuff.

don't worry it has ai

https://twitter.com/ModeAnalytics/status/1758527689105776997

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thought this was 100% a company started with the goal of getting acquired and yep that happened last year

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JohntheCraptist/status/1761806461800218660?t=g00-8Hb5mWf7Z0UOO7S10Q&s=19

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

some people just wanted an outsider candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I choose not to participate.