Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Okay so I'm new to Costco in the UK, I love it, my daughter loves it and I finally had a reason to get a big cake! Was so excited, got the cheesecake and ....... Can't think of anything else to do that chuck it.

All the baked goods we got have been so good is it just the cheesecake? Are the normal cakes not synthetic tasting and gross?

I still love Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

by.a.teammate posted:

All the baked goods we got have been so good is it just the cheesecake? Are the normal cakes not synthetic tasting and gross?

I've been to the UK and your restaurants can't even produce edible food so I'm not surprised if the baker in the back of Costco was lacking in some areas.

edit: can't bake there mate

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

by.a.teammate posted:

Okay so I'm new to Costco in the UK, I love it, my daughter loves it and I finally had a reason to get a big cake! Was so excited, got the cheesecake and ....... Can't think of anything else to do that chuck it.

I still love Costco.

if it sucks, take it back. this is the way of the costco member

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
If you're in a cold climate, my Co had a bunch of gloves and poo poo clearanced. Got a pair of gloves for my daughter for $4.97.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

Zero VGS posted:

I've been to the UK and your restaurants can't even produce edible food so I'm not surprised if the baker in the back of Costco was lacking in some areas.

Someone's feeling defensive....

But yes feels weird taking back a cheesecake but guess that's the way of Costco!

by.a.teammate fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 25, 2024

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

SirPablo posted:

Going to Costco on a Saturday afternoon - like going to church on Christmas Eve.

Made that mistake last week. Needed tp and a few staples, forgot what day it was until arrival.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
what's the best (i.e., least people)time to go to costco?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Eat at better places next time.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pencilhands posted:

just call in a bomb threat when you’re about a half hour away. cops should be letting people back in by the time you get there. time it right and you’ll be first in line

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

pencilhands posted:

I went last Wednesday after work at roughly 6pm and I have never seen it that dead. No lines at the pump and the parking lot was empty. The only downside was it was two cashiers with the rest being self checkout so it took time to pay for everything

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Eat at better places next time.

Sorry I don't eat at rich Michelin stuff or whatever. I was commenting on all the bland food crimes and the locals told me "you should know that our national food is Indian", like that was the only way to get anything with flavor. Somehow even the ketchup was a toned-down version.

Wine Gums are cool though, I had to survive off those.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

pencilhands posted:

Friday night. Too late for olds, too high value of a time to for cool people, and parents are too exhausted to haul the youngins with em.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

When in the UK, eat the foods that have come from the former colonies. If you can't get a good curry there, you're doing a lot wrong.

Also, Yorkshire pudding, and haggis kick rear end. So you're not even really restricted to Indian cuisine.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 25, 2024

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I went to London one time and had Mexican food and they gave me ketchup as salsa & that’s when I knew the blitz should’ve succeeded

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

can’t blame the uk for your poor life choices, mate

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I went to London one time and had Mexican food and they gave me ketchup as salsa & that’s when I knew the blitz should’ve succeeded

Why on earth would you have Mexican food in a place that is absolutely not known for its Mexican food.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

B33rChiller posted:

When in the UK, eat the foods that have come from the former colonies. If you can't get a good curry there, you're doing a lot wrong.

Also, Yorkshire pudding, and haggis kick rear end. So you're not even really restricted to Indian cuisine.

Yeah there's plenty of good stuff there, like pasties! Steak, potatoes and gravy in a pastry shell, can't screw that up. Same story with sausage rolls.
Lot of great desserts too, like trifle, jelly rolls, pretty much anything made with currant.
German cuisine also rightly gets mocked, but the snacky street food also slaps. Currywurst, brats doused in grilled onions and sauerkraut, pretzels with mustard, etc.

Ketchup-y beans as part of breakfast must be an acquired taste though.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Why on earth would you have Mexican food in a place that is absolutely not known for its Mexican food.

What food are they known for?

Who draws a line of mustard like that? What the hell is wrong with you people?!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

it’s a good thing you can’t be racist against british people or this post would be raising a few eyebrows

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Zero VGS posted:

Smack barm, pey wet

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Whooping Crabs posted:

Smack barm, pey wet

God damnit why did you make me look that up you'll pay for your crimes against humanity!

That's the LEAST disgusting picture of it I could find. All UK cuisine is fuckin' gravy and mash potato goop with white bread and jelly. Or whatever the hell that is.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Every mention of UK food needs to be prefaced with the fact that chicken tikka is like their national dish. It's a cuisine and culture practically in a forever war with itself.

Cheap easily found "British Food" is mostly fried carbs and fatty meats, but once you get outside the Chip Belt a lot of traditional UK food is pretty good. A really good cottage pie is just mixture of gravy/beef/vegetables in a pastry crust it's not like they have to spend 8 hours blanching carrots to do it right.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I tried all the American food I could, and it's all the same burger fries shake bullshit. McDonald's burger King five guys the one ran by those idiots from boston/hollywood
All trash. How can that be a real country?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Shocked you went to a bunch of burger places and discovered burgers

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

B33rChiller posted:

I tried all the American food I could, and it's all the same burger fries shake bullshit. McDonald's burger King five guys the one ran by those idiots from boston/hollywood

I assume you didn’t wait in an hour-long line for an In-N-Out hamburger that is, at best, just fine, because that would have driven you over the edge into violence.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pencilhands posted:

8pm on a Tuesday

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

pencilhands posted:

Before closing on a weekday generally.

Google maps keeps an average busyness graph on places so check that out. It’ll tell you which day is least populated and what times it’s least busy. For the stores near me Monday and Tuesday are best and weekends are like twice as busy.

Keep in mind it’ll look weird if your costcos close at 8:30 like ours. Google maps tracks by the hour so the last hour looks half as busy, but it’s probably similar to the rest of the night.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

God damnit why did you make me look that up you'll pay for your crimes against humanity!

That's the LEAST disgusting picture of it I could find. All UK cuisine is fuckin' gravy and mash potato goop with white bread and jelly. Or whatever the hell that is.

It’s smack (a fried potato cake/battered potato slice), barm (a yeast roll traditionally raised with yeast from fermenting beer, which is known as barm), pea wet (the liquid from mushy peas, or pea “wet”)

Smackbarmpeawet

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Eeyo posted:

Smackbarmpeawet

Who lives in a land that's foul culinar'ly?
Smackbarm Peawet! Smackbarm Peawet!

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Mandoric posted:

Who lives in a land that's foul culinar'ly?
Smackbarm Peawet! Smackbarm Peawet!

:perfect:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

B33rChiller posted:

We like our burgers and shakes. gently caress you.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Eeyo posted:

It’s smack (a fried potato cake/battered potato slice), barm (a yeast roll traditionally raised with yeast from fermenting beer, which is known as barm), pea wet (the liquid from mushy peas, or pea “wet”)

Smackbarmpeawet

pea wet

pea wet

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
To every American mad about the burger post:

:thejoke:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Soul Dentist posted:

To every American mad about the burger post:

:thejoke:

It's ok, I'm also assuming every post complaining about British cuisine is performative.

What are some cool regional items available in UK Costco?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Whooping Crabs posted:

It's ok, I'm also assuming every post complaining about British cuisine is performative.

What are some cool regional items available in UK Costco?

glaucymolo

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
they have a pretty bangin' bbq chicken pizza, but all their sodas have artificial sweetener in em

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Lmfao holy poo poo

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

hark posted:

Lmfao holy poo poo

And yet UK somehow gets the combo slice. You don't deserve it!

Raluek posted:

they have a pretty bangin' bbq chicken pizza, but all their sodas have artificial sweetener in em

Yeah iceland has the BBQ chicken too, it's hosed up it's not in the land of the free. All we get is chocolate hockey puck

I can't think about this anymore for a while lol

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 26, 2024

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

And yet UK somehow gets the combo slice. You don't deserve it!

Proof that the American dream is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Zero VGS posted:

I only just now realized that the jacket potatoes with beef chili, which appears to include beans, also comes with a side of baked beans. In case you weren’t sufficiently bean’d up