Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i air fried some potatoes and onions for dinner w/ leftover burrito bowl

Dentist appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to giving the guy some pointers from all my learning in self dentistry

They have this thing called "toothpaste", so they claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

and you are NOT supposed to eat it when you're done

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Toxic Mental posted:

They have this thing called "toothpaste", so they claim

I brush and floss daily and have my whole life. but nothing beats genetics!!! 🤡

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

redshirt posted:

This local dairy makes all kinds of flavored milks. I got a small bottle of banana milk. It's delicious. They got blueberry, coffee, seasonal egg nog milk. Of course strawberry and chocolate.

oh a local treat, that's cool

i was thinking it was one of the many overpriced grocery store plant milks that are basically just uncarbonated lacroix, water that sat next to some oats or whatever

nothing wrong with those, either, i still use 'em, but for smoothies it's cheaper and usually tastier just to use the raw ingredients (i.e., coconut flakes instead of coconut milk, etc.). the main one i still use in smoothies is soy milk because it actually has like 7 or 8g of protein per serving unlike most plant milks.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I brush and floss daily and have my whole life. but nothing beats genetics!!! 🤡

if someone doesn't floss daily I consider them a failure, real talk

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

if someone doesn't floss daily I consider them a failure, real talk

:sigh:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

what the heck is banana milk though?

‘twas all the rage in korea a few years back

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

oh a local treat, that's cool

i was thinking it was one of the many overpriced grocery store plant milks that are basically just uncarbonated lacroix, water that sat next to some oats or whatever

nothing wrong with those, either, i still use 'em, but for smoothies it's cheaper and usually tastier just to use the raw ingredients (i.e., coconut flakes instead of coconut milk, etc.). the main one i still use in smoothies is soy milk because it actually has like 7 or 8g of protein per serving unlike most plant milks.

I'd put a real banana in what I'd consider an actual smoothie.

I'd like to emphasize the iced coffee nature of this blended beverage.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Good banana milk is delicious. Nesquik makes one in a little bottle but it just tastes artificial. There’s a local dairy here that does the same stuff as redshirt’s and I tried the egg nog milk and it’s a good thing it was $8 a jug otherwise I would have gained 50 pounds drinking that stuff.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

get away from me unclean

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
well it was quite a nascar race today

they were going *really* fast and then somebody bumped somebody else and there was spinning and banging and smoke and sparks

everybody went to the pits and got gas and tires then waited for a green flag

then they did it again! spinning and bumping and sparks and everything! holy cow!

the end was really something tho. 3 guys crossed the finish line at almost the same time! a mexican guy won by less than a millionth of a second!

tbh, a taco pinata is not something i generally associate with motor sports, but who am i to judge?

e: the pinata looked like a taco and had candy inside, not a pinata filled with tacos. it is important to be precise in motorsports reporting

e2: drat i can't hardly wait for indycar season to start! (official indycar motto: No fenders, no Dales)

dee eight fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 26, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Good banana milk is delicious. Nesquik makes one in a little bottle but it just tastes artificial. There’s a local dairy here that does the same stuff as redshirt’s and I tried the egg nog milk and it’s a good thing it was $8 a jug otherwise I would have gained 50 pounds drinking that stuff.

I drink a little too much of the coffee milk. Love it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

dee eight posted:

well it was quite a nascar race today

they were going *really* fast and then somebody bumped somebody else and there was spinning and banging and smoke and sparks

everybody went to the pits and got gas and tires then waited for a green flag

then they did it again! spinning and bumping and sparks and everything! holy cow!

the end was really something tho. 3 guys crossed the finish line at almost the same time! a mexican guy won by less than a millionth of a second!

tbh, a taco pinata is not something i generally associate with motor sports, but who am i to judge?

e: the pinata looked like a taco and had candy inside, not a pinata filled with tacos. it is important to be precise in motorsports reporting

e2: drat i can't hardly wait for indycar season to start! (official indycar motto: No fenders, no Dales)

the big question is did anyone turn right when they should have turned left?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

TrashMammal posted:

‘twas all the rage in korea a few years back

I'm not drinking any milk that Hand Banana made :colbert:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

burger or sandwich for dinner... hmmm thinking

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Toxic Mental posted:

the big question is did anyone turn right when they should have turned left?

yeah, actually one or two did but not because they really wanted to

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Toxic Mental posted:

burger or sandwich for dinner... hmmm thinking

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thinking to zonk out very early tonight. too much fresh air and rock

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Don't forget to sticky the Monday thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Don't forget to sticky the Monday thread

done. and :thanks:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

monday is discount day at the corner weed store

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is that TV series The Strain worth watching?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I watched three or four episodes and lost interest.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
wow i blew (what else is new ha ha) way past post 12345 and its a long way to post 23456! need to get to posting.

thinking to post. Anyone else fancy to post

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wow that was a lot of dehoarding. love my packrat to death, but goddamn

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I went to a metal show tonight. I frequently like being at the edge of the mosh -- I like shoving people around, and helping them up when they fall, but I don't like being part of it. But today I got shoved into it, and pinballed around for a while until I collided with these two people and fell on this poor girl. She hit her head hard, on the ground, and I landed on her hair. I felt so bad, but when I tried to go apologize, a fight broke out in the mosh! A guy got knocked out with a single punch. I dove on him and sort of covered him while another guy kicked me in the side three fuckin times. I was trying to help the guy up, but he was unconscious. I was yelling HEY THIS GUY IS UNCONSCIOUS while some other guy kicked me in the side again and again and again.

This was in a coffee shop.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

credburn posted:

I went to a metal show tonight. I frequently like being at the edge of the mosh -- I like shoving people around, and helping them up when they fall, but I don't like being part of it. But today I got shoved into it, and pinballed around for a while until I collided with these two people and fell on this poor girl. She hit her head hard, on the ground, and I landed on her hair. I felt so bad, but when I tried to go apologize, a fight broke out in the mosh! A guy got knocked out with a single punch. I dove on him and sort of covered him while another guy kicked me in the side three fuckin times. I was trying to help the guy up, but he was unconscious. I was yelling HEY THIS GUY IS UNCONSCIOUS while some other guy kicked me in the side again and again and again.

wow. metal shows have gone real downhill. Sweden must be upset about this

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Most metal shows I've been to have been so wholesome :(

This is the first time violence happened that wasn't just, random mosh violence.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

been kind of a strange vibe at some of the events i’ve been to recently as well. people being real aggro and trashing stuff. sign of the times? or maybe just a sign that i’m getting too old for this poo poo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

TrashMammal posted:

been kind of a strange vibe at some of the events i’ve been to recently as well. people being real aggro and trashing stuff. sign of the times? or maybe just a sign that i’m getting too old for this poo poo

just getting old my man. happens to the best of us

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

Americans in general have kind of just let go of the rope completely and the idiocracy meme future is coming sooner than 5000 years

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Americans in general have kind of just let go of the rope completely and the idiocracy meme future is coming sooner than 5000 years

yeah it's either that or we are just gonna die

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I went to the edge of the mosh at Melvins in October and it was fine. I did have to tell the guy behind me I was using him to brace and to stop loving pushing me into the pit a couple times, but it was worth it to watch Coady Willis play A History of Bad Men that close.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 26, 2024

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

crack is wack, op.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

Glad to see you jumped right back on the horse OP

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I went to see Haken last night and it was just them doing 2 sets over 3 hours and it was a seated event and no fights broke out at this prog rock show.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saalkin posted:

I went to see Haken last night and it was just them doing 2 sets over 3 hours and it was a seated event and no fights broke out at this prog rock show.

Sleep and Om shows in Albuquerque are sweet because everyone is a middle-aged millennial or hardcore xer sleep fan or people dragged to it that get into it once they see some really dedicated live music, so the crowd is chill, and Al lives here so we get special stuff like the intro of the Rickenbacker 4420 live the day after it was revealed on their last stop. Om closed with a song I'd never heard last time I saw them, also the last stop on the tour.

Every time I've seen Sleep, HoF or Om has been these standing room bars
Sunshine , Launchpad, and Sister

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fail rear end Monday rear end havin motherfucker

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Fail rear end Monday rear end havin motherfucker

Baby I'm off :2monocle:

Adbot