Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

It’s also not actually serving the same role in a lot of countries. Like KFC is Japanese middle-class Christmas meal (not joking), not the cheapest chicken you can get.

every time I hear this factoid I think back on my friend who got a little mad while trying to convince me that Pizza Hut was considered a "good restaurant" in Maine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Pizza Hut was a good restaurant when they had the buffet going. Murano glass, pleather booth seating, that very particular style of Coke glass. In a town with only diners it was by far the classiest establishment one could dine at

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gotta stick with Old Zealand if you want a classic pie

Not convinced by first map search hit (Pizzeria De Schuur, Zeeland):

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The local Pizza Hut still has a buffet, but it's only for like two hours on Wednesday evenings. Gotta wonder how that's worthwhile.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Hygiene posted:

The local Pizza Hut still has a buffet, but it's only for like two hours on Wednesday evenings. Gotta wonder how that's worthwhile.

Do they still have dessert pizza?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

No clue, I don't like Pizza Hut enough any more to go in there.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

every time I hear this factoid I think back on my friend who got a little mad while trying to convince me that Pizza Hut was considered a "good restaurant" in Maine.

I'm from Maine and what the gently caress

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

It’s also not actually serving the same role in a lot of countries. Like KFC is Japanese middle-class Christmas meal (not joking), not the cheapest chicken you can get.

Actual, not pizza related, question: Does their KFC still got decent mash, rolls, and slaw? Just asking because I didn't eat, still barely, chicken for almost 2 decades, but I'd gently caress up kfc sides.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pizza Ranch buffet blows Pizza Hut out the water. They even take requests for buffet.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My wife uses the one in Waterville as a landmark to get to my mother's house because she can never remember the address, it's a good restaurant

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

nesamdoom posted:

Actual, not pizza related, question: Does their KFC still got decent mash, rolls, and slaw? Just asking because I didn't eat, still barely, chicken for almost 2 decades, but I'd gently caress up kfc sides..

If your basement is about bottomless, yeah sure they're decent.

E: to clarify I'd eat them too, just being real

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

500excf type r posted:

My wife uses the one in Waterville as a landmark to get to my mother's house because she can never remember the address, it's a good restaurant

Why the gently caress would you eat at Pizza Hut when there's a House of Pizza in town. Also like seven other local pizza joints

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Soul Dentist posted:

Why the gently caress would you eat at Pizza Hut when there's a House of Pizza in town. Also like seven other local pizza joints

Who said anything about eating there

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Re KFC chat, cotolette alla pizzaiola isn't pizza, but it is a thing in italy.

https://blog.giallozafferano.it/neltegamesulfuoco/cotolette-alla-pizzaiola/

It's also a garbage tier frozen aisle staple:

e: Italians frequently toss tomato sauce and cheese on stuff and just call it 'alla pizzaiola'. Slices of zucchini, omelette, pork chops, you name it. It's kinda like tossing cumin and cilantro on stuff and calling it mexican in the US I guess.

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 26, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Seems like a pizza shaped chicken parm, looks decent

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah I think I called it a chicken parm when it was 1st posted.

Like yeah... I bet a KFC chicken parm wouldn't suck on its own but they'd prob have it with mac n cheese or some horrible overcooked pasta if they ran with it in that direction.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I’m getting the Chizza today and will post a trip report :discourse:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bold Robot posted:

I’m getting the Chizza today and will post a trip report :discourse:

:ohdear:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

On the one hand, Maine is one of those big empty states with a lot less competition, on the other hand, there's all that gas station lobster.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

collapse? no. prolapse, yes

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

The KFC Chizza:

Bonus Chizza that my friend got at a different location:

It's exactly what you imagine and exactly as advertised: fried chicken, cut into slices, with pizza toppings that are almost certainly from the Pizza Hut supply chain. It was pretty good. Both mine and my friend's were the first Chizzas that our respective KFCs had made and the workers seemed kind of excited about it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

No baking tray, I hate this part.
pizza drips onto burner and smokes up the house

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Pizza Hut actually beat KFC to the punch on this one with their Chicken Schnitzza range last year.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

It's an oven, so there is no burner. I don't even really see a lower heating element.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

let's put effort into doing stuff in a way that doesn't have benefits.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nesamdoom posted:

let's put effort into doing stuff in a way that doesn't have benefits.

The benefit is fitting two pizzas on one pan op

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Most frozen pizzas say don't use a pan.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The benefit is fitting two pizzas on one pan op

Lol how do you not get that

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

nesamdoom posted:

Pizza Ranch buffet blows Pizza Hut out the water. They even take requests for buffet.

good lord no time a million billion

loving hell dude, pizza ranch is the most disgusting place ever

the pizza hut buffets were amazingly good, and they always took requests.. private booths, great service, always had pizza available, never had to wait. nice dim lighting. very relaxed night. pizza ranch is pack everyone in as much as possible with piles of plates no one ever picks up, and weird pizzas no one but the weird dude in the corner would ever touch. a pepperoni comes out and its fists everywhere trying to get a slice. it's so goddamn awful.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 29, 2024

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol how do you not get that

Well it's just one pizza cut in four sections. I guess the benefit is that the crust parts are going to get crispy ???

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

Well it's just one pizza cut in four sections.

What kind of extradimensional pizzas are you used to cutting up :stare:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this goon a real 4 pie "r" iykwim

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i shouldn't joke like this, this is cutting edge advanced pizza technology here, once the perfection of the pizzoid is complete the world will never be the same

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

covidstomper58 posted:

Well it's just one pizza cut in four sections. I guess the benefit is that the crust parts are going to get crispy ???

Yes Mr. Tarski

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!
Pizza ranch sounds like the worst brothel ever

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

covidstomper58 posted:

Count the halves again, and this time please use your fingers.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Philthy posted:

good lord no time a million billion

loving hell dude, pizza ranch is the most disgusting place ever

the pizza hut buffets were amazingly good, and they always took requests.. private booths, great service, always had pizza available, never had to wait. nice dim lighting. very relaxed night. pizza ranch is pack everyone in as much as possible with piles of plates no one ever picks up, and weird pizzas no one but the weird dude in the corner would ever touch. a pepperoni comes out and its fists everywhere trying to get a slice. it's so goddamn awful.

Best part of Pizza Hut back in the day was all the free red cups, my dad had like 20 of those in his kitchen cabinet, oh and they had the ninja turtle arcade game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just a lil ruckus
May 12, 2023
i hward kfc stands for kentucky fried children!