Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i feel like the brown gravy on chinese food is a brit thing but not certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She says that's curry sauce.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Why do people insist on making videos where they are eating food on their bed? Who eats full loving meals on their bed??

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Brocktoon posted:

Why do people insist on making videos where they are eating food on their bed? Who eats full loving meals on their bed??

College students

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That Chinese takeaway video, she appears to have picked all the onion and pepper out of the chicken bits and chili fries, ensuring the blandest, brownest eating experience possible.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i feel like the brown gravy on chinese food is a brit thing but not certain

It's known as chip shop curry and is a reasonable medium curry. It usually comes with some veg in it though when ordered from a Chinese.

And I'm afraid that is salt she's sprinkling pouring on there.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Grand Fromage posted:

You can add MSG at any time, including shaking some on your food at the table.
Getting strange looks sprinkling MSG in the toilet, please advise.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

zedprime posted:

Getting strange looks sprinkling MSG in the toilet, please advise.

Problem is the crowd of people around your toilet, not the MSG.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Captain Hygiene posted:

I want to believe that's not salt at the end, but I'm not sure what else is white and comes out of a shaker like that :ohdear:

That is 1000% absolutely definitely salt. So much salt.
Thing is, Conor's plate is horrible as actual Chinese food, but probably pretty tasty as crappy post-pub 'chinese food'. That kind of curry sauce is nice in its own weird way.
Hers is just disgusting.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

except from pure dessication

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Pookah posted:

That is 1000% absolutely definitely salt. So much salt.

I assumed it was sugar because I loving love salt, and that's way too much salt for anything. I'm not even sure if it's possible to stomach that much salt.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The General posted:

I assumed it was sugar because I loving love salt, and that's way too much salt for anything. I'm not even sure if it's possible to stomach that much salt.

She's Scots, I'm Irish, so our food packaging is pretty similar - most salt comes in tall plastic containers with that little liftable spout thing, sugar comes in paper bags.
No way that is anything but salt.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's way too loving much of whatever it is, doesn't even matter.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It loops the application of whatever it is, so it's half as much as it might appear to be. And maybe wherever they're ordering from uses really low-sodium soy sauce.

I'm more offended about eating on the bed.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FFT posted:

maybe wherever they're ordering from uses really low-sodium soy sauce.

Lol. Lmao.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That curry plate could use a little more MSG

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh, you can just sprinkle that on stuff? I figured it was just an additive during cooking.

If you've ever seen one of these in the grocery store, it's literally just a shaker of MSG.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

College students

I never once ate dinner on my bed in 4 years of college. Even when I lived in a one room dorm. That’s loving disgusting.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Brocktoon posted:

I never once ate dinner on my bed in 4 years of college. Even when I lived in a one room dorm. That’s loving disgusting.

I'm 43 years old and I will happily chow down on tacos in bed. If I screw up and drop some food I can just swap to clean sheets. I normally don't have to because I don't eat like a gross monster.

I assume you also have issues with the cultural favorite "Breakfast in Bed?"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Eating in the bed at all IS eating like a gross monster

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Eating in the bed at all IS eating like a gross monster

How do you handle the 3am Taco craving? Set up a whole tablescape?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Pookah posted:

She's Scots, I'm Irish, so our food packaging is pretty similar - most salt comes in tall plastic containers with that little liftable spout thing, sugar comes in paper bags.
No way that is anything but salt.

Her blood pressure must be measured in loving Bar, holy poo poo.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Desert Bus posted:

I assume you also have issues with the cultural favorite "Breakfast in Bed?"

One of those things that sounds nice in theory but in practice sucks.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its very photogenic. entire classes of things exist in modernity that suck but you can take pictures of

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Desert Bus posted:

By not eating nachos at 3 am

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

By not eating nachos at 3 am

Nachos are too crumbly to be a proper bed food and you failed to answer my question about 3am tacos.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

How often do you wash your bedding?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Doctor Bishop posted:

If you've ever seen one of these in the grocery store, it's literally just a shaker of MSG.

Oh, that makes sense - I thought that was just some kind of seasoning mix.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Desert Bus posted:

Get a plate and sit on the couch?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Get a plate and sit on the couch?

After 10pm the couch is the cat's domain. You suggest I upset the cat?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MSG got a bad rep so a lot of Chinese places I've seen specifically advertise that they don't use any MSG.

Maybe this person thought that was a con rather than a pro.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I may eat in bed once and a while, but it is a shameful thing, and sleeping on crumbs is the price for my sin. The biggest worry is if some liquid spills, it may seep through the sheets to the mattress, and then there ain't no real cleaning you can do for that.

Eating in a car is fairly shameful as well. Like sure you can do it, you really shouldn't, there's a lot of stuff that's hard to clean in there that Will get messy. I don't get why people would proudly film themselves doing it.

Desert Bus posted:

The most logically acceptable gross no effort place to eat in shame is over a sink, but if you have a chair anywhere, just sit in that you weird loving animal. The absolute worst time to eat in bed is late at night when you have no time to clean up your awful mess before you sleep in it. If you've just decided that you're too lazy to not make a mess, make your mess in the least immediately vital area.

Logically you could even sit on the toilet to eat, since the bathroom is easier to clean, but there are other gross factors that would complicate it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just laying in home getting baked.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Just making some morning panko, definitely not a modern industrial method.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Your posts are contradictory because no one who eats loving tacos in bed 3am is then going to change the sheets if they spill anything so have fun sleeping in a puddle of salsa.

Do you get out of bed to procure/make the tacos and then get back into bed or do you keep tacos next to your bed??

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wouldnt plate up a meal or anything but I could probably eat a plated taco in bed without getting anything on the bed.. A soft taco mind you, no chance with one of those crunchy fuckers from t bell

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I simply Doordash the tacos from the comfort of my own bed, which is on the shoulder of the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Your posts are contradictory because no one who eats loving tacos in bed 3am is then going to change the sheets if they spill anything so have fun sleeping in a puddle of salsa.

Do you get out of bed to procure/make the tacos and then get back into bed or do you keep tacos next to your bed??

3am is like, prime living time for me. The world is dark and quiet and no one is awake to question my decisions. If I wanna change my sheets at 3am I can and will. I've only had to once from food, after I dropped a meatball. midnight to 5am-ish is the best time of day if you can manage to get it for yourself.