Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How do I grind for keys so I can use them for campaign shortcuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Jack Trades posted:

How do I grind for keys so I can use them for campaign shortcuts?

Some monoliths offer keys as a reward for completion

Hauki
May 11, 2010

rafikki posted:

Some monoliths offer keys as a reward for completion

I think the node completion reward still only offers arena keys but I could be mistaken. There’s a cache type that drops one of each key though.

e: assuming this is for an alt, I would just run monos for a bit though, you’ll end up with more than you know what to do with

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm only 78 and I've got Keys coming out the wazoo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You should probably see a doctor about that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"You have to stop eating keys"

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Over my dead body

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is that not what they mean when they say that I should "unlock my potential"?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Repeatedly using your traversal skill to jump between the tentacles avoid most of his attacks automatically, I found.

Was kind of rough with Aerial Assault, the beam will kill you unlike if you shift through.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
One thing the 1.0 release really disappoints me on - they didn't finish the campaign.

Like, I know, who plays ARPGs for the story? And most people hate campaigns, at least more than once.

But Chapter 9 came out September 2021. That's 2.5 years ago since they've worked on the campaign. I find it surprising they haven't finished it yet. I guess the "content" team (or whatever) was busy with the dungeons first, then the Chapter 1 rework.

I do wanna see how the story ends, so it still being left unfinished with no progress on it for so long, is kind of a bummer.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
there's a story?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mobs have stolen all your good loot. You must get it back

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It was one of their stated goals to have it done for 1.0 but it didn’t happen unfortunately. I think the plan is 12 acts in total? Hopefully they come with the first major update post launch but we’ll see.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Rescue the princess. That's my story for all ARPGs

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

MrMidnight posted:

Rescue the princess. That's my story for all ARPGs

Pretty sure we're supposed to kill her.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

MajorBonnet posted:

Pretty sure we're supposed to kill her.

Oh poo poo I'm the bad guy. What a plot twist!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How's servers today?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I have been trying to read the major chunks of writing but it’s incredibly amateurish. It’s weird to talk to some barbarian looking guy who you expect to express some strange and fantastic history and culture, even if it’s just a couple sentences, and he just goes “How’s it going? Anyway I got stuff to do”

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Path of Exile made me appreciate storylines in action RPGs a lot more. That game has a ton of really deep lore and complex characters, where a lot of new lore gets added each season. But you also don't have to pay attention to any of it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Path of Exile made me appreciate storylines in action RPGs a lot more. That game has a ton of really deep lore and complex characters, where a lot of new lore gets added each season. But you also don't have to pay attention to any of it.

yeah I've got probably 5000 hours in POE across 10+ years and couldn't even tell you what an "exile" is (I think it's me the player?)

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

yeah I've got probably 5000 hours in POE across 10+ years and couldn't even tell you what an "exile" is (I think it's me the player?)

it's the "path" that you're on, aka the campaign, which everyone wants to exile

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

zoux posted:

How's servers today?

Last night and this morning were pretty solid, I only dropped once or twice and it turned out to be my own Internet connection making GBS threads the bed for no apparent reason, which was at least a change of pace.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Noper Q posted:

it's the "path" that you're on, aka the campaign, which everyone wants to exile

:hmmyes:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Assuming you're not being facetious, yes, you are the Exile, banished to Wraeclast from Oriath for something as trivial as poaching deer (Ranger) to murdering a bunch of children because the townspeople set your house on fire (Witch).

Definitely feeling better about stopping the campaign after getting into CoF knowing that the story isn't even done (I know Majasa gives +1 to all attributes, but :shrug:).

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
edit: ^^^ wasn't being facetious at all lol

I actually preferred rerunning the first few acts multiple times in POE to the 10 acts it is now. acts 1-4 are the best (pre act 1 monster buff a couple years ago)

nerox
May 20, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Assuming you're not being facetious, yes, you are the Exile, banished to Wraeclast from Oriath for something as trivial as poaching deer (Ranger) to murdering a bunch of children because the townspeople set your house on fire (Witch).

Definitely feeling better about stopping the campaign after getting into CoF knowing that the story isn't even done (I know Majasa gives +1 to all attributes, but :shrug:).

Seems like Oriath should update their penal codes if the punishment for all crimes is "Banish to Wraeclast".

Also, the juggernaut is banished because of jaywalking.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I know the whole story. I am a Lore Master and Keeper at heart but people don't understand that...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Duelist in PoE is banished for shanking a noble after the noble talked poo poo, and that's why he's the coolest.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So what would you all say is the worst design decision in this game and why is it "'Close all dialogs' and 'open the main menu' are the same function which doesn't even work with the overlay map"?

Jack Trades posted:

The Duelist in PoE is banished for shanking a noble after the noble talked poo poo, and that's why he's the coolest.

Don't forget about his magnificent arse too.

nerox posted:

Also, the juggernaut is banished because of jaywalking.

Pretty impressive of you to get washed up onto Twilight Strand as a Juggernaut

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

I know the whole story. I am a Lore Master and Keeper at heart but people don't understand that...

is there a lore explanation for how kitava can kill me 50 times and yet I always come back and win?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

is there a lore explanation for how kitava can kill me 50 times and yet I always come back and win?

CHIM

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that's not canon. kitava only defeats you once.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I haven't been able to find the keys to move the minimao/automap around to see the whole map, it bugs me. I'm thinking there is no such capacity.

Running monoliths is nice cuz they're quick and don't have DOGSHIT objectives like diablo 4 cough cough. The only annoying one is the defeat all waves maps. Partly because they don't seem to show any map at all on the minimap and that's annoying.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

SHISHKABOB posted:

I haven't been able to find the keys to move the minimao/automap around to see the whole map, it bugs me. I'm thinking there is no such capacity.

Running monoliths is nice cuz they're quick and don't have DOGSHIT objectives like diablo 4 cough cough. The only annoying one is the defeat all waves maps. Partly because they don't seem to show any map at all on the minimap and that's annoying.

You can at least zoom out the minimap in the settings.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

Pretty sure that's a new Bug. IIRC it worked fine in v0.9

I do wish the waves spawned faster.

nerox
May 20, 2001
This game runs silky smooth on my computer except for the CoF faction zone and arenas. For some reason an arena mono will get my computer chugging at like 10fps by the time they are over.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

+

=

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
After carefully reading the dialog and NPC names, I have determined that the story is about accidentally helping our buddy become the skeleton king so he can found the skeleton empire with his buddies.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

so poe is set in fantasy australia?

also, am I aiming to hit 75 or 150 on my resistances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

fancy stats posted:

so poe is set in fantasy australia?

also, am I aiming to hit 75 or 150 on my resistances?

75 or 105, iirc I saw 30 over cap to help against resist shred but I don't know where I read that number so it could well be wrong