Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

+

=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Suburban Dad posted:

Where do you find this?

E: Nm, it's on the map in the lower left. Only 9/15 and 1/8 for me so far in beginning of A4 I think?

You'll have them all at the end of A7.

Jack Trades posted:

Can you get uniques from the gambler?

Not from town gamblers, but yes from the dungeon gambler.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god shadow dagger falconeer is busted, and dive bomb is busted. just had a 80k damage crit at level 67 in poo poo uncrafted campaign gear, and i just blap entire screens while my bird carries me around

when you get 7 repeated dive bombs within like 2 seconds and a boss just disappears is amazing

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
drat Lpzie those are sick, congrats. How much ward do you end up with currently?

Got my falconeer to 35 and the bird is indeed strong. Knock on wood but the network has been really stable for me last night and this morning, zone transitions are flying. I'm playing online/solo though - how are things for people playing with others?

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Is there some bug with movement skills where you get "stuck" temporarily? It keeps happening to my sentinel, i thought maybe it was a stun or something but I don't see any debuffs or visual indication when it happens

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

King Cocoa Butter posted:

drat Lpzie those are sick, congrats. How much ward do you end up with currently?

sitting at 8650 but i haven't put on the gloves yet. need an omnis first. will r eport back when i get it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Honey Im Homme posted:

Is there some bug with movement skills where you get "stuck" temporarily? It keeps happening to my sentinel, i thought maybe it was a stun or something but I don't see any debuffs or visual indication when it happens

I know this was an issue with Flame Rush in 0.9. You get more runes the longer you are holding down the button, so it was noticeable when you would just tap the key trying to generate a single rune and instead it lasts for the full duration and fucks up your runes. Feels like it was a connection issue.

Also re: the economy and trade - what does one need insane amounts of gold for?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

watho posted:

i had the same issue. i just did monoliths until i was like level 62 and pumped my cold and lightning resists

I respecced back into cthonic fissure/bleed plus chaos bolts and then hit monoliths to get my respecced skills up to a decent level and then went back and he was a breeze because I only had to not make mistakes for a couple of minutes whereas the curse build just had pathetic single target damage even if it was an amazing screen clearer otherwise.

Even without any decent gear changes to shift into the new build need for phycical instead of necrotic damage, it's doing fine and I'll probably stick with it for the rest of the campaign and at least early monoliths.

The mana sustain is amazing as long as I'm in a giant pack of mobs for me to shoot at, but towards the end of every fight the fissure keeps firing and eats all my mana like candy, lol. It's kinda funny to have the opposite mana problems as normal builds. Give me giant packs and I can spam chaos bolts, keep the rifts up and drop spirit plague on tougher enemies all day and the many fills up faster than I can use it. My health recovery easily outpaces the few bleed stacks I put on myself with spirit plague also and as long as there's a bunch of mobs around for the rift to chew on my ward stays up near 2k.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

zoux posted:

I know this was an issue with Flame Rush in 0.9. You get more runes the longer you are holding down the button, so it was noticeable when you would just tap the key trying to generate a single rune and instead it lasts for the full duration and fucks up your runes. Feels like it was a connection issue.

Also re: the economy and trade - what does one need insane amounts of gold for?

Stash tabs keep getting more expensive, buying shatter rune things, and there's a 'gambling' dungeon thing where it's nothing to blow through a million+ gold.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Honey Im Homme posted:

Yep, seems to happen to me with Lunge sometimes. Probably ramps messing it up or some weird geometry issues. Using the ability again should get you unstuck.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Why is the bazaar so stupid. I want to buy a unique bow for my level 70 build but looks like Ill be 100 by the time I have the rep to buy it?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I leveled a falconer up to about 35 using flasks and had a good time. I've now switched over to the umbral blades build with aerial assault dropping them for you, and made dive bomb and falcon strike instant cast and autocast with the numlock trick and it's OP as hell. I have a feeling they will either be retooling the instant cast passive or increasing mana cost or something to prevent people from having two really strong abilities automatically going off while you're doing other stuff. Then again there's plenty of brokenly good stuff atm and they are probably still busy with other launch things so maybe it'll be a bit before they start nerfing certain things.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
What's the NumLock trick?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's the same thing that works in diablo and other games. First you have to bind an ability to a numpad key. Then with numlock on, you hold down that numpad key and turn numlock off and then let go of the numpad key. The game thinks you are essentially holding that button down forever so every time the ability comes off cooldown it will get used automatically. It works especially well with falconer because the attacks are instant cast so they don't interrupt you while you're running or doing other stuff, their mana is insignificant, and your falcon will just hit whatever poo poo is on screen with the attacks so you don't really have to worry about manually targeting them.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yo, please let me borrow that from you so I kill myself slightly less on my warlock.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

tl;dr you are responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs. Also dinosaurs had access to various pieces of weapons, armor, and trinkets.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

It's the same thing that works in diablo and other games. First you have to bind an ability to a numpad key. Then with numlock on, you hold down that numpad key and turn numlock off and then let go of the numpad key. The game thinks you are essentially holding that button down forever so every time the ability comes off cooldown it will get used automatically. It works especially well with falconer because the attacks are instant cast so they don't interrupt you while you're running or doing other stuff, their mana is insignificant, and your falcon will just hit whatever poo poo is on screen with the attacks so you don't really have to worry about manually targeting them.

challenge level: prove arpgs aren't vampire survivors clones

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Joined the merchant faction so I could buy stuff. Honestly didn't think I'd be able to sell anything but I sold 5 uniques and made a decent chunk of change.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im undecided on CoF or trade yet

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Got a Box of Hydrae and specced into casting Hydrahedrons. This build is absolutely wild, I'm doing easily 4-5x more damage than my previous Frost Claw build even though my gear for it is pretty mediocre.

zoux posted:

This still happens in 1.0 btw. It does feel like lag or server hiccup when it happens.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Suprfli6 posted:

Sweet, I'm doing the same build as you, should make it even smoother, just need to remember to push smoke bomb on bosses

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This game is so much fun, I can't wait to see what the season gimmicks are like

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

queeb posted:

im undecided on CoF or trade yet

do you want to find lots of very good loot or buy perfect loot?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Sweet, I'm doing the same build as you, should make it even smoother, just need to remember to push smoke bomb on bosses

The only annoying part is your falcon will still be spamming the attacks while you idle between monoliths, and your character will repeat "Not happening..." over and over in town. And alt-tabbing turns it off so you have to re-enable it after doing that. But it makes the game itself require fewer keys and some of the effects from dive bomb and falcon strikes are really good and this maximizes their uptime.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

There's an option to turn off character audio triggered by lack of mana and abilities on cooldown. I think it was added in 1.0, I don't remember seeing if before

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
the correct way to hear an arpg is to first turn off all volume sliders, and then turn up the audio fx until you just barely hear that patented arpg crunch over some real music or whatever video essay you're putting off.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I can't decide if it's infuriating or hilarious that they only recorded one line for the mage, and he shouts it approximately every 15 seconds.

Fools, FOOLS!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

When do you get to pick cof or trade?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Profanity posted:

I can't decide if it's infuriating or hilarious that they only recorded one line for the mage, and he shouts it approximately every 15 seconds.

Fools, FOOLS!

he's got one other line and he says it at varying degrees of aggression.

"I can not do that" but with huge emphasis on just one of the words chosen at random

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Profanity posted:

Fools, FOOLS!

It'd be annoying if the voice actor didn't deliver so hard.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Barreft posted:

On your first character: when you get to Maj'elka near the end of the story. Maybe I mashed through text too fast, but the game didn't point me there very well. It's the top-left exit.

On subsequent characters, you get to join at the first town.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Barreft posted:

The town in chapter 9 for your first character. After that seemingly at the first camp for new characters, though I assume only on the same cycle.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, cycle characters all share progress while non-cycle characters have individual progress

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tonetta posted:

he's got one other line and he says it at varying degrees of aggression.

"I can not do that" but with huge emphasis on just one of the words chosen at random

Genuinely don't think I've heard that. I'm missing out on 50% of the drat voice acting!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Barreft posted:

Like mid-way-ish through chapter 9.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Profanity posted:

Genuinely don't think I've heard that. I'm missing out on 50% of the drat voice acting!

you only hear it when he can not do that

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I think I'm happy for now with my Paladin. I'll keep playing him but I believe I have the build I want and just need to keep making it better.

Instead I'm going to try for a similar character/opposite theme thing and try to make a melee necromancer "death knight" type character. Not sure how much support there is for that but it'll be fun to try at least.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tonetta posted:

you only hear it when he can not do that

Apparently I can always do that

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

wish I could relate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Profanity posted:

Apparently I can always do that

Tarnop posted:

There's an option to turn off character audio triggered by lack of mana and abilities on cooldown. I think it was added in 1.0, I don't remember seeing if before

It's probably this. The option was in game earlier, though -I've been playing this mage since 0.9 and I've never heard that line, I'm pretty sure I turned it off when my Rogue's error lines annoyed me enough back before MP even came out.