Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I kinda assumed that being older and better at understanding stories than I was as a teen I'd be able to see something there that I didn't before but nope the Genesis plotline really is just totally incoherent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
2005-2007 was FFVII’s mall goth phase.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Augus posted:

I kinda assumed that being older and better at understanding stories than I was as a teen I'd be able to see something there that I didn't before but nope the Genesis plotline really is just totally incoherent.

Look, I don't get and you don't get it... but... if your really sincere, a true hardcore theater kid that the rest of the theater kids think is an insufferable dork.... well, a random goddess might appear and cure your turning grey disease.

And turn you into a weird giant monster for a minute or something

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HD DAD posted:

2005-2007 was FFVII’s mall goth phase.

Look, Nomura was REALLY into Gackt songs in the aughties... and the rest of us had to pay for it.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 27, 2024

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I heard he's called Mega Drive in the original Japanese. Weird translation change if you ask me.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Genesis was getting old so hard that his coat turned grey too

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shoehead posted:

Genesis was getting old so hard that his coat turned grey too

Yeah, that was the weirdest part. "Wait, why are your clothes degenerating too? Are your clothes ALSO made out of Jenova cells?"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, that was the weirdest part. "Wait, why are your clothes degenerating too? Are your clothes ALSO made out of Jenova cells?"

Hojo's crimes against Nature are second only to his crimes against Fashion, and both involve copious amounts of Jenova cells

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gologle posted:

When he was a young boy did Genesis' dad take him into the city?

EDIT: lmao wait, I'm an idiot confusing different bands, My Chemical Romance is not the same band as My Bloody Valentine, who did Loveless, the album I was referencing

Easy mistake to make
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kocY1quJ-4o

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh no the unicorn overlord demo is so promising…

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Eh, I like the version that's in the standard edition of Advent Children better. Hell, I like the standard edition of Advent Children better in general. Neither version is a good movie, but the poo poo they shoe horn into Complete just throws off the flow of the movie. The scene with Zack during the Sephiroth fight was really good, but it was just kind of the lipstick on the pig at that point.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The year is 2030. Kojima Productions has partnered with Square Enix to develop a Strand-like game set between the end of Final Fantasy VII Redemption and Advent Children. The player follows Cloud's journey to deliver packages all over Gaia as he attempts to reconnect those who survived Meteorfall while contending with very early symptoms of Geostigma.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Genesis' plot really is not that confusing. It's melodramatic as hell but it's not very confusing.

Dude was a shittier attempt at making Sephiroth, freaked the gently caress out over it, and desperately tried to find a cure because he didn't want to turn into dust, and because he was a crazy desperate dude he started reading too much into a play.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Genesis' plot really is not that confusing. It's melodramatic as hell but it's not very confusing.

Dude was a shittier attempt at making Sephiroth, freaked the gently caress out over it, and desperately tried to find a cure because he didn't want to turn into dust, and because he was a crazy desperate dude he started reading too much into a play.

it’s easy to understand that part, the incoherent part is the actual trajectory that the plot follows, which is “Genesis flies around to random places doing nothing really worth noting until his hometown is suddenly a gateway to the livestream and then he says some incomprehensible jibberish that Zack apparently sees as a huge revelation and then he turns into a Gundam”

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Excited for him to show up in rebirth

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Apparently after from the end of CC to the end of Dirge he's just passed out in a hole under Midgar somewhere, waiting for the big problem he will be a big hero to help solve.

No not that problem.

No not that one either

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if intergrade is gonna force me to fight NERO THE SABLE and give me the option of fighting WEISS THE IMMACULATE then rebirth should at least let me fight genesis

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Weiss > Genesis

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what about angeal

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

would chardley have access to the secret database with angeal combat simulation data

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vitamean posted:

if intergrade is gonna force me to fight NERO THE SABLE and give me the option of fighting WEISS THE IMMACULATE then rebirth should at least let me fight genesis

I feel like if Genesis shows up again he'll just be an ally (though I guess they could still come up with an excuse for fighting him). IIRC CC ends with him basically being good now that he's been miraculously cured by Minerva or the Goddess or whatever (I wonder if the Remake trilogy will ever touch on this confusing stuff).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Square Enix refuses to give anymore money to Gackt

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Remake trilogy is all leading up to Nomura finally doing something with that sequel hook with Genesis at the end of Dirge of Cerberus.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There's going to be a 4th game in the remake series

It's going to be the Gackt Attack

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Genesis will be in Zack's party

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Caidin posted:

Apparently after from the end of CC to the end of Dirge he's just passed out in a hole under Midgar somewhere, waiting for the big problem he will be a big hero to help solve.

No not that problem.

No not that one either

And then after Midgar's been been turned into a smoking crater for the third time in as many years he goes "NOW is my time to shine!" leaps into the sky and flies away and is never seen again.

What a dipshit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Genesis will jump in front of Sephiroth's sword, saving Aerith

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Genesis will jump in front of Sephiroth's sword, saving Aerith

Cloud: Hey wait, your that guy!

Genesis: Indeed I... am...[turns to dust]

DIRECTED BY YOSHINORI KITASE

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Madam M's gonna show up and give Sephiroth the cheap hand massage.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Madam M's gonna show up and give Sephiroth the cheap hand massage.

The closest thing Sephiroth will have ever gotten to sex

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know what the new line is, but I feel like there's probably some good way to have her say "I don't like the sky" in a way that doesn't sound weird/stiff.

I heard the line "I don't like the sky" in Crisis Core and it loving sucked poo poo lmao

Edit: sorry it was "We don't need... the sky..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLu3D6MlSU&t=356s

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 27, 2024

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Genesis will jump in front of Sephiroth's sword, failing to save Aerith or himself
FTFY

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This preload is making me miss my old apt's fibre connection

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

10ish hours of OG FF7 and I’ve made it to Cosmo Canyon. I think I can make it to the Forgotten Capital by Thursday. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

10ish hours of OG FF7 and I’ve made it to Cosmo Canyon. I think I can make it to the Forgotten Capital by Thursday. :v:

You can probably make it by today, assuming you skip Wutai.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This time around, Sephiroth manages to get the entire party + Genesis on his sword, like a giant shishkabob.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

This time around, Sephiroth manages to get the entire party + Genesis on his sword, like a giant shishkabob.

According to FF14 that would actually nullify the damage so everyone survives

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Arist posted:

If I published a novel, and then announced a sequel, and then put out a revised edition of the original one week before the sequel came out that changes some crucial phrasing relevant to the sequel, I think that would be confusing

This guy would’ve complained about the changes Tolkien made to the original version of The Hobbit to bring it more in line with LOTR.

Edit: I played through FFVII Remake on hard a year or two ago and I don’t even remember the exact wording of the final line. I’m assuming a large number of people will be in the same boat as me and just accept the new version of the line without noticing it was different.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 27, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

we're not doing this anymore. silence.

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

we're not doing this anymore. silence.

You fool! You need to look closer at their avatar! Silence won't work!