Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Crescent Wrench posted:

"Lightning, uh, finds a grave."

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I wanna see Jason shotgun a whole keg like a real party animal.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

I wanna see Jason shotgun a whole keg like a real party animal.

jason hates alcohol, drugs, and sex more than anything else

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you're thinking too small... an eccrentric billionaire created a theme park containing all of the slashers in their own enclosures to simulate their natural environment but something goes horribly wrong and all the slashers get out. i call it Slasher Park

This is a dope idea btw. It could totally work

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

You’re still thinking too small. How about a serious legal drama starring Jason.

He still doesn’t talk. He just murders the bailiff by stuffing him through the stenography machine, but everyone reacts like he made a great closing argument.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you're thinking too small... an eccrentric billionaire created a theme park containing all of the slashers in their own enclosures to simulate their natural environment but something goes horribly wrong and all the slashers get out. i call it Slasher Park

If I win the lottery I am making this into a movie.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

F13 but rapture happens and Jason is the only one who gets raptured

Jason looked around. It was all sinners, drug users and sexual deviants.

If this is heaven... why am I surrounded by sinners? he thought

Then he realized. He was in Heaven. They were in Hell. He was their punishment,

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

alf_pogs posted:

lots of good horror movie marketing at the moment. i'm definitely intrigued by In A Violent Nature and Longlegs

There's definitely a few I'm interested in. Imaginary looks intriguing, but I can't wait for Late Night with the Devil.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Gripweed posted:

In the format of a found footage movie shot by Girls Gone Wild

I like where your head is at, how do we get this made?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

You bastards were so preoccupied whether or not you could, you never wondered if you should!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I would be at the show day one first showing for this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Isn't this basically the end of Cabin in the Woods?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kind of but cabin is more like mythical.

I like the idea of someone straight up creating Jason Voorhees and Freddy from the ground up with all their powers and then oops they escaped now what

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’ve had an idea I’ve wanted to write and flesh out more about how it’s weird how the same small town police are always shocked with a Jason or Myers or insert slasher returns for like Friday the 13th 14: Jason does Taxes and the idea is the towns power structure and government has been paid off by rich parties who basically want the slashers to come back every year as a form blood sport that’s streamed to them via hidden cameras installed around town for gambling purposes and one of the previous victims family member finally starts asking how a slasher can keep coming back to the same town for over a decade yet the literal graveyardsof victims never breaks into the national news

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 27, 2024

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’ve had an idea I’ve wanted to write and flesh out more about how it’s weird how the same small town police are always shocked with a Jason or Myers or insert slasher returns for like Friday the 13th 14: Jason does Taxes and the idea is the towns power structure and government has been paid off by rich parties who basically want the slashers to come back every year as a form blood sport that’s streamed to them via hidden cameras installed around town for gambling purposes and one of the previous victims family member finally starts asking how a slasher can keep coming back to the same town for over a decade yet the literal graveyardsof victims never breaks into the national news

It's not exactly this, but the recent film (based on the book) Dark Harvest is about a slasher/monster that returns to a small town over and over again, and the local teenagers are conscripted into blood sport against it to put it down again every time. It's pretty good!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmfaooooo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gripweed posted:

In the format of a found footage movie shot by Girls Gone Wild

I wish they'd gone further with the concept than they did in Hatchet.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

I wish they'd gone further with the concept than they did in Hatchet.

If you hear steel drums, you're safe. When the steel drums stop, run.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I really like your Basket Case avatar, just by the way.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/sapphicspielbrg/status/1762529543707840601?s=46
I Saw The TV Glow trailer tomorrow. From the director of We’re All Going to the World’s Fair.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

tv static and empty walls do not scare me i am immune to analog horror

internet horror just walk away from the drat puter

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

dorium posted:

I Saw The TV Glow trailer tomorrow. From the director of We’re All Going to the World’s Fair.

I'm pretty intrigued by this, there's a lot of good reviews out there AND it has Danny Tamberelli in it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dorium posted:

hell yeah feat. Fred Durst

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

alf_pogs posted:

hell yeah feat. Fred Durst

Hopefully he's a better actor than director. The Fanatic was...I honestly don't know how to describe it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hopefully he's a better actor than director. The Fanatic was...I honestly don't know how to describe it.

An abortion on film

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

An abortion on film

Abortions are usually performed by professionals.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But depending on the situation people are happy when it’s over.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

tv static and empty walls do not scare me i am immune to analog horror

That's another one in the "No" camp for Skinamarink then.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

I really like your Basket Case avatar, just by the way.

its cool i dont know who bought it but thanks

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

dorium posted:

WE'RE ALL GOING TO THE WORLD'S FAIR is phenomenal, so I can't wait.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I wanted to like it so much more than I did, so I'm happy to give them another chance on the new thing.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

World's Fair didn't really click with me, but so far what I'm reading, this one sounds intriguing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watching movies in the dark in the dead of night as a kid was so cool and not scary

I’ve lived skinamarink

A bunch of very large blocks on the floor and twister playing on TV. I would pretend I was the twister.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

:agreed:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jane Schoenbrun owns, I'm hyped

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I finally had the time/energy to watch Beau is Afraid. I wonder what Ari's relationship with his mother is like

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

oh hell yeah ALEX G is doing the score for I Saw The Tv Glow

World's Fair score really did a lot of the emotional heavy lifting for me in that film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Alex G once jumpscare me by doing a random scary scream in the middle of Change while in the repeating, i don't like how things change, bit at a live show so good pick for a horror thing