Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Angryhead posted:

Great new video on "the manosphere" from F.D. Signifier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNjwM2a87g
(I'm an hour in because it came out a bit earlier on Nebula)

Yo, this video is excellent. Love the focus on the money and how the grift doesn't just benefit the grifters, but the platform.

If you want to profit in a gold rush, sell shovels and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I enjoy ManlyBadassHero's content.

I love him just no selling jump scares.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sorry, my brain damage made me forget to cite my sources. It also made me forget that I forgot to cite my sources, so when people politely pointed out to me when I failed to do that I thought they were liars. The brain damage also made me forget to not incite harassment campaigns against people who called me out for plagiarism.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My favorite part of the apology is that his excuse for Telos not producing anything is not that it was a grift, but rather than Nick and him were really, really incompetent and had no idea what they were doing.

And then he keeps on repeating over and over that his dream is to make a movie, and that he apparently went to film school. Buddy, you have expensive cameras, you went to film school. Just make a movie. Its kind of really sad in a way, he has convinced himself that he wants to make movies when in reality what he actually wants is to pay people to make movies for him, but he has no money.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DeafNote posted:

Jessie Gender's response to the Somerton apology says enough.
She does not need it. Even if it is sincere, there is nothing to trust about him, and he failed to apologize to almost everyone else regardless.

I'm personally waiting on Stephie Gender to weigh in.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Paul Zuvella posted:

My favorite part of the apology is that his excuse for Telos not producing anything is not that it was a grift, but rather than Nick and him were really, really incompetent and had no idea what they were doing.

And then he keeps on repeating over and over that his dream is to make a movie, and that he apparently went to film school. Buddy, you have expensive cameras, you went to film school. Just make a movie. Its kind of really sad in a way, he has convinced himself that he wants to make movies when in reality what he actually wants is to pay people to make movies for him, but he has no money.

He moved cities because he said he couldn't find actors for his first Telos movie, which is nuts because there's aspiring actors loving EVERYWHERE. They might not be amazing but you'll find people who are competent enough to be in your independant short film

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
sad we may never get to see him make this decade’s Ben and Arthur

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am painfully straight and don't pretend to understand anything about gay sexuality, but James Somerton looks like a lovely lovely lay. And he'd be smug about it too somehow.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
My brain damage also makes me think that I'm the only queer creator, therefore if I am not on a platform that platform has no queer creators. I will call the police on you if you try to point our otherwise

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 27, 2024

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Paul Zuvella posted:

he has convinced himself that he wants to make movies when in reality what he actually wants is to pay people to make movies for him, but he has no money.

i'd say what he actually wants is to be paid to make movies and then not pay the people that will make the movie for him

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

i'd say what he actually wants is to be paid to make movies and then not pay the people that will make the movie for him

well that’s any studio

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
An annoying thing I notice Somerton keeps doing is roping Hbomb back into the whole thing. Like Hbomb presumably didn't put out the plagiarism video because he personally felt he deserved or wanted an apology from James, or because he wanted to become the arbiter of youtube plagiarism or anything: he did it because he saw an active injustice going on in the community and felt like he was in a position where he could call it out and hopefully help put a stop to it. But now it's all cheeky references to the plagiarism video in the title and "I'll monetize but donate all the money to hbomb to donate to my victims as he sees fit" and it's like motherfucker, if you actually feel you've learned a lesson then *you* track down the people you plagiarized from and *you* apologize/donate to them in restitution.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

Here’s a reaction video that makes me both laugh and feel sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzk5UuyjTg

lmfao

"...what is this?"

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sydin posted:

An annoying thing I notice Somerton keeps doing is roping Hbomb back into the whole thing. Like Hbomb presumably didn't put out the plagiarism video because he personally felt he deserved or wanted an apology from James, or because he wanted to become the arbiter of youtube plagiarism or anything: he did it because he saw an active injustice going on in the community and felt like he was in a position where he could call it out and hopefully help put a stop to it. But now it's all cheeky references to the plagiarism video in the title and "I'll monetize but donate all the money to hbomb to donate to my victims as he sees fit" and it's like motherfucker, if you actually feel you've learned a lesson then *you* track down the people you plagiarized from and *you* apologize/donate to them in restitution.

it's so funny. "As my reparations, I will make hbomberguy do work"

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Fil5000 posted:

He moved cities because he said he couldn't find actors for his first Telos movie, which is nuts because there's aspiring actors loving EVERYWHERE. They might not be amazing but you'll find people who are competent enough to be in your independant short film

Heck, you don't even need aspiring actors, you just need like 3-4 friends willing to appear on-camera.

Then again it does not surprise me that James Somerton doesn't know 3-4 people who want to publicly associate with him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

he moved cities because he couldn't find actors for his first Telos movie, but then he cancelled the first Telos movie because the city they moved away from was too integral as a setting to the plot.

it is NOT a scam

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sydin posted:

he’s going Joker mode

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

he moved cities because he couldn't find actors for his first Telos movie, but then he cancelled the first Telos movie because the city they moved away from was too integral as a setting to the plot.

it is NOT a scam

Then he wrote a movie in the winter that required filming during the summer so he had to completely throw it away forever.

Not a scam

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Alaois posted:

it is NOT a scam

I knew it was a scam but I hadn't seen it expressed like that and it's extremely funny.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

carrionman posted:

I love him just no selling jump scares.

When he occasionally goes 'ahh' at a reasonable level, it's wonderful.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Here’s a reaction video that makes me both laugh and feel sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzk5UuyjTg

This became less fun for me after i learned this guy (the cook not the guy reacting) almost murdered his teenage son.
Also unrelated but ManlyBadassHero is pretty good but I wish he'd shorten his video titles, half the time they sound like insane rambling.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

jack is a funny dumb terrible human being and his chili tastes terrible

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

at least my chili's good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I thought Jack was playing it up for the camera. You quickly realize that this is not the case, he is the kind of stupid one just cannot fake. Just a complete and total idiot. The DSP of cooking content.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DSP has made cooking content too

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Fondly remembering DSP failing to pour water into instant ramen.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol taking things out from the marinade puddle going "what is this"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not funny he almost killed his son but it is funnier he’s an alt right dipshit

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

cumpantry posted:

jack is a funny dumb terrible human being and his chili tastes terrible

Didn’t he bring some sort of tainted chilli to a church chilli cook off?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Droyer posted:

Also unrelated but ManlyBadassHero is pretty good but I wish he'd shorten his video titles, half the time they sound like insane rambling.

I like ice cream cake but I wish they'd remove the ice cream.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
God gave Jack three strokes and he’s still eating like poo poo lol.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

TheMightyBoops posted:

Didn’t he bring some sort of tainted chilli to a church chilli cook off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ariong posted:

Sorry, my brain damage made me forget to cite my sources. It also made me forget that I forgot to cite my sources, so when people politely pointed out to me when I failed to do that I thought they were liars. The brain damage also made me forget to not incite harassment campaigns against people who called me out for plagiarism.

Yeah I don't know how James thinks anyone would buy this line. If he had memory issues his whole life, he would've dealt with them his whole life, which would've meant that when someone was like "hey, I think you may have basically taken what I said here" his first thought would've been "ah poo poo, I forgot to cite that, gently caress" because there would've been a lot of times something like that would've happened.

Wait... that was the brisket he cooked over a YEAR ago? When he said "remember" that wasn't "I did that again," it was referring to that being the piece of meat he's using now?

How did he not get fined?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Okay why the gently caress is youtube lagging so much during livestreams? is it the loving AI bots?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Wait... that was the brisket he cooked over a YEAR ago? When he said "remember" that wasn't "I did that again," it was referring to that being the piece of meat he's using now?

How did he not get fined?

that dude has like a line of sauces and products now, because of course once he became infamous/famous he became a culture war touchstone and people love buying products to own the libs

AFAIK he has nothing to do with it beyond slapping his face on them, so they’re presumably safe to eat at least

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

trilobite terror posted:

that dude has like a line of sauces and products now, because of course once he became infamous/famous he became a culture war touchstone and people love buying products to own the libs

AFAIK he has nothing to do with it beyond slapping his face on them, so they’re presumably safe to eat at least

Why is it so loving easy to do this

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

trilobite terror posted:

I would be legit terrified to try anything that has his face on it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol this motherfucker

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i have no platform and i must stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

people are sayiong i always make speling mistakes but i'm loking at this setnence and it seems fine????