Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Historical VitalSigns positions:

"In 1932, Franklin Delano Roosevelt campaign's song was "Happy Days Are Here Again"; however, by 1936 the Great Depression had not ended. Thus, he was lying"

"In 1952, Republicans said, "I Like Ike", however, he did not win the nomination uncontested. Thus, a lie"

"In 1984, Reagan had a commercial calling it 'morning in America', but that commercial was aired in the evening. A lie."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Please don't make me click through to X :mad:

Kelly

Eli Valley

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

it still makes Biden's tweet aspirational about his effectiveness, not a lie which was your original, intentionally incendiary statement.
It wasn't a statement, it was a question to examine what you were saying. You're jumping on someone for simply saying what the president said and when this is pointed out, doing a bunch of gymnastics to add imaginary caveats to reconcile Biden's words with what you think they ought to be.

Nobody thinks about the presidency the way you're scolding people to, not even the president himself who routinely makes promises to pass an agenda, not to simply wait around and hope someone else does something that he can then support, because that is not the the role of the president who is a political leader not simply a functionary with a rubber stamp.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If it's the word "Biden" that's an impediment to understanding, substitute Trump who also came into office with a trifecta and a long list of promises. Was he an effective president, why or why not?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

It wasn't a statement, it was a question to examine what you were saying. You're jumping on someone for simply saying what the president said and when this is pointed out, doing a bunch of gymnastics to add imaginary caveats to reconcile Biden's words with what you think they ought to be.

Nobody thinks about the presidency the way you're scolding people to, not even the president himself who routinely makes promises to pass an agenda, not to simply wait around and hope someone else does something that he can then support, because that is not the the role of the president who is a political leader not simply a functionary with a rubber stamp.

lol, you literally asked "So this was a lie then?", a sneering, incendiary statement where you insisted that a campaign promise should be taken outside of the realm of factual possibility, where if Biden had been elected without a Democratic Senate or House and he had no chance of passing anything it still would have been A LIE in your estimation

And now you're accusing me of "gymnastics to add imaginary caveats" for saying "campaign statements are made assuming the audience has even a basic undersanding of how law making works"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It was a question, it literally had a question mark lol. I'm not trying to make you mad, I'm just pointing out that what Alhazred said is what Biden said and they're not wrong.

If you don't understand that the president is a party leader who is expected to be able to get laws passed, not passively wait for someone else to do it, you're not going to understand why anything happens in politics

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
I love all these political cartoons being posted

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Omg lol someone reported a cartoon edit

MOD EDIT (Inferior Third Season): Checking to see if your own post has been reported is a bit weird in itself, but it is even weirder that you edit the post to declare to everyone that it has been reported. The only reason I can think of to do this is to create a hostile environment for others, so that they will hesitate reporting your posts in the future, lest they also be called out for making a "stupid report". This is interfering with forum moderation, and if I see it again, you will be taking an extended break (longer than the one you're currently on).

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 29, 2024

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lmao :love:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was going to say something about the appropriateness of C-SPAM being depicted as a child, but this is turning into a pretty funny edit war

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I was going to say something about the appropriateness of C-SPAM being depicted as a child
That's why the metaphor is great it works on so many levels

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
Alright you two, break it up or take it elsewhere. Let's get back on track.

And what positions would those be, Drinky Duck?

Uh, you two just were running away from two mushroom clouds. You should both be dead! God forbid you make me happy...

Why is a little kid alone and unattended at a bar?

"Well, if you and your family are vaccinated against measles, then you should be--"
"No that's communism gently caress you"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow huge slam on 40 years of Republican leadership.
Why is there a child alone at the bar?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alexander Grab posted:

Napoleon encouraged the population to get immunized, although he never proclaimed it mandatory. In May 1811, the Emperor ordered Henri-Marie Husson, one of the chief physicians of France, to vaccinate his son shortly after his birth. The well-publicized event intended to show an example to the French people. Aside from Napoleon, vaccination enjoyed the strong support of other top officials, including Lucien Bonaparte, and Maurice de Talleyrand. In 1800, the government organized the Comité central de vaccine, consisting of medical and administrative personnel, to combat smallpox nationwide.

In the last five years of the Empire, one out of two newborns was vaccinated in half the departments, and the number of smallpox cases declined to about one-quarter of the pre-revolutionary number.

Payne posted:

:bahgawd:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How is he still bitching about Whitmer it's been 4 years, how can you be that traumatized from not getting to go to Applebee's for a few months.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

VitalSigns posted:

How is he still bitching about Whitmer it's been 4 years, how can you be that traumatized from not getting to go to Applebee's for a few months.

They seem to literally need a woman to hate, and Harris is too much of a nonentity.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the mess Lee Anderson has created for Rishi Sunak – Anderson has been stripped of the Tory whip following his comments about Sadiq Khan"

Telegraph:

Sunak’s Red Wall backlash revealed in Tory WhatsApps

Matt:

Tories raise concerns about ‘intimidation’ in Rochdale by-election

Times:

Starmer could face investigation for swaying Hoyle over Gaza ceasefire vote

Evening Standard:

Sadiq Khan has 25-point lead over Susan Hall in London mayoral race, new poll finds

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's the bias on the Evening Standard, because that drawing isn't show a 25 point lead.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Murdstone posted:

Why is there a child alone at the bar?

Both of his parents were there, but then Mike Lester started beating his wife.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

It seems to me the Democrats should start beating the drum for Hillary to enter the race. After all, the Clintons had sway over their party for a long time. They got pushed aside by Barack and his operatives, but who does Obama have to offer right now? That’s right, Big Mike. That’s it. Many want her to run, but she won’t because she will be a disaster and he/she knows it. It has nothing to do with whether or not she’s a ’[slur]’ )and that’s “OK” according to the late Joan Rivers), it has to do with her lack of experience and, well, she hated America until Barry got in. It would be fun to see her debate Trump, but no, she won’t run.

Barack’s Vice President has flopped miserably. He has the lowest rating of any modern president. America is being invaded. Inflation is still high, and everyone aside from Baby Boomers cannot afford a house and can barely make ends meet. Biden is a war monger and a completely corrupt, hair-sniffing pedophile.

Kamala has a lower rating than Joe. She’s a joke and incompetent. A laughing hyena in high heels.

Gavin Newsom? Many Democrats want him to jump in and replace Biden, but he’s simply a younger version of Joe. Despite Gavin’s slick talking and slicked-back hairdo, he has destroyed California. They act like that’s an accomplishment, but Americans aren’t that stupid. Besides, he’s another white male.

Therefore, don’t be surprised if they trot out Hillary once more during the Democrat Convention. They’ll say she’s the most experienced. She certainly is seasoned and she looks it, but she’s a year younger than Trump. Joe is on tilt and then can’t roll back his odometer…so don’t be surprised if Hillary is one again thrown into the breach. She wants so very badly to defeat Trump, and she will lose. Again!

Another Hillary loss will be glorious.
I don’t know if the cancer has spread to his brain, or if he realized he likely won’t live to see Hilary die, so he felt the need to make an obit cartoon? Like, he’s also back to the same 2020 “SHE’LL RUN ANY DAY NOW” nonsense and the cartoon has nothing to do with anything.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Stop talking about Trump, lady!" cries man still talking about Hillary Clinton

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Irony is dead

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hellery Killton

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vib Rib posted:

"Stop talking about Trump, lady!" cries man still talking about Hillary Clinton
:lmao:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Remember, this is Payne, the guy who still brings up Fauci as some wannabe dictator, even though he retired from office over a year ago.
Conservatives just cannot ever let go of a grudge.

Exhibit A

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

I don’t know if the cancer has spread to his brain, or if he realized he likely won’t live to see Hilary die, so he felt the need to make an obit cartoon? Like, he’s also back to the same 2020 “SHE’LL RUN ANY DAY NOW” nonsense and the cartoon has nothing to do with anything.

It's funny because Garrison is probably going to end up in hell before Hillary does.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison gave his final speech to parliament (ABC) so most cartoons are a reflection on his legacy. Most will remind of the nuclear subs and not holding a hose, but the "announceable" was a signature element of Morrison's strategy where he realised that our dogshit media will give a (Liberal) PM more credit for announcing a thing than take them task when they either gently caress up or don't bother implementing said thing.

The background is Tom Roberts' "Big Picture", or in full "The Opening of the First Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia by His Royal Highness the Duke of Cornwall and York, 9 May 1901".

Also: Which big employers have the largest and smallest gender pay gaps? New data reveals all (ABC).

Rowe:

Katauskas:

Lethbridge:

Wilcox:

The last image is because Scott Morrison said he wants to be "like Julia Gillard" post parliament, meaning not commenting much on current Australian politics and moving on to their next thing (which in Morrison's case is moving to the USA and helping Christian conservative politics, you're welcome America).

Spooner:

Malcolm and Lucy Turnbull train sights on pumped hydro in the Hunter Valley (ABC).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Meanwhile, back in the 1952 campaign season!

Adlai Stevenson is far too brainy to connect with the voters. He's also funny, so the Trib cartoonists start drawing him as a jester.

I just like the design of Insecurity.

The Trib isn't openly criticizing Eisenhower any more, but they're not showing a hell of a lot of enthusiasm either. Fortunately, they have a new hero to cheer for, Joe McCarthy!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
strong wise joe mccarthy will save the nation

what on earth is going on here

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I hate having all these legal rights and humane working conditions

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Selachian posted:

I just like the design of Insecurity.

Made this:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Monte Wolverton

NEMØ

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell. (Taking your previous cartoon, enlarging part of it, and writing "ignore" under it is not much of a day's work.)

It's the one on the left. Do I win a prize?

Phil Hands

Randall Enos

Rivers

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Colourist Errors, Corrected

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Drakyn posted:

Colourist Errors, Corrected

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

NEMØ

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell. (Taking your previous cartoon, enlarging part of it, and writing "ignore" under it is not much of a day's work.)

It's the one on the left. Do I win a prize?

Is Nemo an actual human being? Do they really exist? Are we sure they're not just a right-wing AI bot to make political cartoons?