Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I didn't bother digging into that house of illuminati poo poo because it was all AI and looked stupid as poo poo, but apparently the rabbit hole goes deeper and the man behind the Willy Wanka experience also sells AI generated antivax conspiracy books, and claims to have run a Glasgow foodbank that "feeds thousands of families" that was entirely a fundraising scam. What a oval office.

quote:

Yes, it was when he was running Gowanbank Hub that I became aware of him.

I think, but I'm not sure, there was a personal connection between him and said journalist and that's why he was always in the papers. I think he'd built a friendship with her and she trusted him. Sadly.

The constant fundraising and grants being given to the place worried me at the time because honestly, I didn't trust him. I couldn't see where all the money was going. Then it got more chaotic with the purchase of the paramedic kit (that none of his team were trained on how to use), the fake degree certificates and the shout out of the hub as some sort of medical centre. I stopped following then for my own sanity because I was scared something dangerous was going to happen.

Last I heard was him running for the council seat, which he lost thank god. Thought he'd gone away back under his rock and now this! I see in the mean time he'd become a best selling author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Morning everyone. Just a quick heads up if anyone wants to join a Ceasefire March for Palestine in London, the next big date will be March 9

More details can be found here - https://palestinecampaign.org/events/national-demonstration-ceasefire-now-stop-the-genocide-in-gaza/

For anyone that might be nervous about going, don't be. In our thousands, in our millions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Missed out orkney and Shetland, 7 out of 10.

Grandpa Jefferies wants to give them back to Norway, because at least the Norwegians will use the oil money wisely rather than spunk it on tax cuts for the rich

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

You should be able to just buy a copy of the death certificate online for a few quid from whatever the official website for your part of the UK is.

I think you need the number for that and the daughters don't even have that. The daughters are now old ladies (as in older than me) so it was pushing it to get any info at all!
I think I finally got the bank to listen to sense though.

I can't tell you how many tussles I've had with organisations wanting to speak to dead people.
BT refuse point blank to put the bill for the emergency phone in our communal lift into the name of the flats instead of late dead treasurer because 'it's on a domestic contract but it really should have been a commercial contract' - yes but it was taken out years ago & I have no idea why they did it that way but you're sending it to a dead person who no longer lives at that address. I'm dreading trying to end the contract when they turn off the traditional lines and we put a VOIP in with a special SIM card that will apparently work from an enclosed lift during a powercut... (can see it now :rolly eyeballs: we have put a fold up chair, blanket and wind up torch in the lift just in case!)
Ovo Energy issued a refund of £00s to the executor of one flat last year but since then have been pursuing more and more nasty letters about 'hands of collection agencies' for less than £20 when the executor now lives abroad, does not give a poo poo and has deleted her email address so is uncontactable.

I did get so angry with one set of people one time after several 'return to senders' I put new address '{town} Cemetery' and when others who have been told repeatedly the person is dead say they can only deal with the account if they can speak to dead person tell them to get a ouija board.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 28, 2024

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

frytechnician posted:

Morning everyone. Just a quick heads up if anyone wants to join a Ceasefire March for Palestine in London, the next big date will be March 9

Actually,

Very confused about calls for the public to stop doing legal things because it creates work for the police. Maybe large football matches and concerts should stop as well.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

fuctifino posted:

I'm sure they obey all the laws 'in principle'.... I guess the hard-coded exemptions are just symbolic tradition...

In 2001, Nepal had a massacre in which a prince killed 7 members of the royal family, including all of those ahead of him in line of succession. He died as king, a few days later, n a coma from wounds received in the incident.

In 2006 Nepal became a Republic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Better to die as a king than live as a prince.

Especially if it fuckbarrels the entire monarchy.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm not sure there's a point big or sharp enough for James Cleverly to understand

Lemurtron
Aug 3, 2017

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think you need the number for that and the daughters don't even have that. The daughters are now old ladies (as in older than me) so it was pushing it to get any info at all!
I think I finally got the bank to listen to sense though.

For deaths (and births) before ~1993 FreeBMD can be used to search for details including the reference number required to obtain certificates. Knowing the rough date of death and full name will speed things up.

Reminder for anyone dealing with probate etc take the number of death certs you think you'll need then double it, they're far easier and cheaper to get when first registering the death and a real pain in the arse to get later when some jobsworth refuses to budge without one.

Also getting certs used to be easier, but then everyone started requesting various certs for family Genealogy and the registration offices got fed up with all the extra work and clamped down on it.

Lemurtron fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 28, 2024

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

kingturnip posted:

I'm not sure there's a point big or sharp enough for James Cleverly to understand

:eng99: Nominative determinism in shambles.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
MP for Treebrain

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

kingturnip posted:

Vlad the impaler accepts the challenge

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

radmonger posted:

In 2001, Nepal had a massacre in which a prince killed 7 members of the royal family, including all of those ahead of him in line of succession. He died as king, a few days later, n a coma from wounds received in the incident.

In 2006 Nepal became a Republic.

lol:

Wikipedia posted:

Much controversy surrounds the circumstances of the massacre, and even today, with the abolition of the monarchy following the 2006 revolution, many questions remain unanswered. Questions that remain unsolved include: the apparent lack of security at the event; the absence of the Prince Gyanendra, Dipendra's uncle who succeeded him; Dipendra's self-inflicted head-wound located at his left temple, despite being right-handed; and the duration of the subsequent investigation, which lasted for only two weeks and did not involve any major forensic analysis, despite an offer by Scotland Yard to carry one out.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

crispix posted:

fuckin hell people are bidding on that old monitor lol https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30540793...%3Avlp_homepage

Don't you ever question Mrs. Norman again

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jeffrey Epstein killed him.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LeeAndersonMP_/status/1762749299920712008

The big fat racist posted:

"The simple fact is I am not a racist, but...."
I didn't read the article, beyond that sentence. :allears:

Also more details came up about his meeting with Tice:
https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1762525720813736010
He's entering his Alan Partridge phase

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bloody immigrants. Blocking access to Diiiiiiixons

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

I didn't read the article, beyond that sentence. :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmGknvr_Pg&t=325s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Save me reading - what are the other 986?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pity that that's unironically Cleese's views these days, too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Pity that that's unironically Cleese's views these days, too.

He probably wasn't acting back then

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

good news everyone she's definitely alive https://twitter.com/balf4our/status/1762771547167641815

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Just clocked this is in Normanton. crispix starting to manifest the headlines...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jedit posted:

Racism I reckon

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jedit posted:

"Islam is a religion not a race, so I'm not racist. Checkmate libs"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So is Judaism *entire room goes quiet and everybody gets expelled from the Labour party*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1762813119242400011

quote:

More than half of Conservative party members believe Islam is a threat to the British way of life, according to a poll that sheds light on the hostility with which large parts of the party view the country’s second biggest religion.

The poll of 521 Conservative members by Opinium found that 58% say Islam poses a threat to this country – double the proportion of the overall population who believe the same. It found that 52% believe the increasingly prominent conspiracy theory that parts of European cities are under sharia law and are “no-go” areas for non-Muslims.

The findings give an insight into why senior members of the party have refused to condemn the recent comments by Lee Anderson about the London mayor, Sadiq Khan, as Islamophobic.

They also suggest the party is shifting to the right on immigration and religion in a way that could prove critical in deciding who will be leader if Rishi Sunak steps down after the election.

I expected the percentage to be fairly high, but I didn't expect it to be that high... sigh....

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I wonder if they feel the same way about the eruvim spaces as they do about the supposed sharia no-go areas?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There are very problematic opinions among some observant Muslim communities, but those same opinions also exist within some observant Christian communities, and more to the point within Conservative party members as a group.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Guavanaut posted:

There are very problematic opinions among some observant Muslim communities, but those same opinions also exist within some observant Christian communities, and more to the point within Conservative party members as a group.

Yeah, what's the difference between Sharia law and the desires of most Conservatives for how the country should be run?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C34n7MXtlC8/?igsh=MTMyeXptMHV3eHZuaA==

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, what's the difference between Sharia law and the desires of most Conservatives for how the country should be run?

Something to do with melanin I believe.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

Foreskins?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

fuctifino posted:

Foreskins?

Does Sharia law care about foreskins? (A genuine question)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

According to Kay Burley, Richi Sunak (Hindu) is living proof the tories don't have a problem with islamophobia. Ahem.

35 seconds in to the vid in the tweet.

source: x DOTcom/implausibleblog/status/1762395353024811407

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1762813119242400011

I expected the percentage to be fairly high, but I didn't expect it to be that high... sigh....

Well they're not wrong, after all Islam commands zakat be given to aid the poor and needy.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

PriorMarcus posted:

Does Sharia law care about foreskins? (A genuine question)

I don't know if it had any relevance to Sharia Law but Muslims are circumcised.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pundits seem to be all simultaneously going :eyepop: at the realisation of just what the tory base is now.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
There truly are no limits to the ignorance of political journalists and writers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

According to Kay Burley, Richi Sunak (Hindu) is living proof the tories don't have a problem with islamophobia. Ahem.

35 seconds in to the vid in the tweet.

source: x DOTcom/implausibleblog/status/1762395353024811407

So has she mixed him up with Sajid Javid (racist) or just presumed brown = Muslim (racist)?