Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

My favourite part about this is the guy in the replies saying "Printing error my rear end" and when people were confused tried to claim that this was clearly some marketing ploy be SE to get attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’s not like I want gore but the T rating really hurts some scenes in these games

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lol I love the idea that "hey let's wildly gently caress up our initial print run and really confuse a large group of dedicated customers" is some kind of nefarious marketing ploy

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I managed to get half of the game downloaded, but now whenever I try to queue up the download again, my internet sputters and dies. Can't really debug this now since I have to remote into the office. :(

My ISP did say that there was an outage of some sort of I am hoping it is that.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

A reminder that as far as we know, Sephiroth has canonically Never hosed

His combat prowess isn't due to Jenova cells, it's just all his concentrated Orgone Energy

Look, it's really hard to maintain the mood when your greasy dad sprints up with a clipboard and list of alternate candidates he urges you to consider at the slightest twinge of interest

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sephiroth is only interested in head.

Jenova's severed head.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How long before you get to the new party members? I can't decide if I want to do all the side stuff I can right away or beeline the story until I get Yuffie and Cait Sith and then go back and do all the side stuff. I guess that also depends on how much side stuff is cut off by story progression by that point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

How long before you get to the new party members? I can't decide if I want to do all the side stuff I can right away or beeline the story until I get Yuffie and Cait Sith and then go back and do all the side stuff. I guess that also depends on how much side stuff is cut off by story progression by that point.

Relatively minor spoilers:
Red XIII joins right away.

Yuffie joins after the events at Costa Del Sol, which is roughly 6-ish chapters into the game.
Cait Sith joins after the events at Gold Saucer which is maybe 1-2 chapters later.

No side content is cut off by story progression until you reach Chapter 12's date sequence.

There's no reason to wait on side stuff.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 28, 2024

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sidequests are, as far as I've heard, sort of one-on-one affairs between Cloud and a specific party member, so waiting until you've collected the others doesn't really make sense.

As far as I think I've heard

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Yuffie joins after the events at Costa Del Sol, which is roughly 6-ish chapters into the game.
Cait Sith joins after the events at Gold Saucer which is maybe 1-2 chapters later.

No side content is cut off by story progression until you reach Chapter 13's date sequence.

drat, 6 chapters til Yuffie?

Alright, do all side stuff it is!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Welp I accidentally clicked on the Spoiler thread

And actually did not get spoiled on anything since people were still pretty good about tagging stuff there. So thanks for that! :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Performance-related question - does forcing the PS5's VRR do anything for this game? I remember it helped some with FF16, but I think that's because of FF16's far less consistent framerate, so I'm having trouble telling with this. The main reason I'm asking is that I read that turning the PS5's resolution to 1440p can make Performance Mode look a bit better, but doing that also disables VRR.

Hoping my parents (who are both sick with the flu, plus pneumonia in my mom's case - though that's at least responding to the antibiotics) continue to stay on the mend until this game comes out. Been having a hard week. As long as my mom's bloodwork from yesterday doesn't still show kidney issues when we get the results this afternoon it should be okay - otherwise I might just be stuck at a hospital tonight/tomorrow. I think it'll be okay, though - when she had her first bloodwork taken (which showed the "close to renal failure") she was extremely dehydrated, but I got her drinking a lot (which also made her feel a lot better) before the next blood work, so - knock on wood - I'm expecting that to come out okay.

Terper posted:

Sidequests are, as far as I've heard, sort of one-on-one affairs between Cloud and a specific party member, so waiting until you've collected the others doesn't really make sense.

As far as I think I've heard

I think this applies to the actual quest-quests, but presumably not the more standard open-world fare like the monster missions. But those can always be rechallenged so you could presumably still come back and do them with future party members if you wanted.

Speaking of the monster quests - I'm guessing that playing on Normal usually trivializes "going back to earlier ones and completing their objectives" (especially the time one)? I'm going to try to make myself play on Dynamic, since I want to try and get decent at the game's systems.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ok after installing and starting to play, after having finished the demo, some very quick non spoiler fyi:

The option to skip nibelheim if you skipped the demo will appear a bit after you reached it, before entering the combat tutorial. Afterwards, be prepared to wait a bit until the game finishes installing completely, as it seems to do that during the nibelheim part.

E: chadley sucks so hard, lmao

E2: the chad module I just can't

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 28, 2024

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, I complained to my ISP and they are sending me a new modem and router due to my current one being old and crappy, so hopefully that solves it. But I am likely will not be able to play the game or play it much tonight. Dang :(

On the plus side at least I can do stuff as long as I don't try to connect my PS5 to download, and it looks like enough of the game is downloaded so I can start it if I want though I do not know how much will be available.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 28, 2024

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
My main takeaway from what I've seen, is Cloud is such a rattley boy.

Does he need a screwdriver on that buster sword or pauldron?

FF footsteps have been loud since VIII, but jesus, there wasn't this much clanking since Steiner, right? Did I completely forget this from Remake?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
ImpAtom how good is (trailer spoilers?) Battle on the big bridge?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shoehead posted:

ImpAtom how good is (trailer spoilers?) Battle on the big bridge?

Extremely. It's not my favorite version but it's a top tier.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok I just beat Remake. It was masterful in a lot of ways but also got under my skin. The combat system really had a way of making me feel like a jabroni who only won battles out of dumb luck. The plot is similar.

Ending Spoilers.
Did I just beat the manifestation of Final Fantasy VII canon destiny? Was that supposed to imply that anything can happen in rebirth?

I'm hype to maybe play Rebirth tomorrow but I also feel like maybe I need a break.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Ending Spoilers.
Did I just beat the manifestation of Final Fantasy VII canon destiny? Was that supposed to imply that anything can happen in rebirth?

Yeah probably, I guess we'll see

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

game's unlocked byeee

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Goddamn, what a way to start the game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Spermando posted:

Goddamn, what a way to start the game.
:emptyquote:
lol, lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have like another 5 1/2 hours left before I can play. Lucky ducks.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
For some reason I didn't get the option to skip the flashback. Or does it only let you skip part of it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spermando posted:

For some reason I didn't get the option to skip the flashback. Or does it only let you skip part of it?

Did you accept the bonus stuff on the main menu? That includes being able to skip the flashback

ImpAtom posted:

No side content is cut off by story progression until you reach Chapter 12's date sequence.

Does Yuffie mostly play the same as in Intermission?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 29, 2024

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

RatHat posted:

Did you accept the bonus stuff on the main menu? That includes being able to skip the flashback
Yeah. It only lets you skip the combat parts. Which means no vacuum cleaner.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
they should probably just not have bothered with the whole skip system. just ended up being more confusing than anything else

anyone who happens to have a screenshot of the in-game prompt about loading the demo save? i don’t think there’s any way to re-trigger it for me

kliras fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 29, 2024

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
(jazz music stops)
(jazz music continues)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It gave me all the preorder/save data bonuses including saying I could skip the flashback but isn’t letting me skip poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

It gave me all the preorder/save data bonuses including saying I could skip the flashback but isn’t letting me skip poo poo

To my understanding you have to get to the combat tutorial before it lets you skip

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

To my understanding you have to get to the combat tutorial before it lets you skip

omg you’re right and it doesn’t even skip the whole thing! you start back in the village at night with everyone saying he’s gone to the manor! so you still have to do the whole terribly-paced limping part!

they really hosed that one, jesus.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
anyway the opening cutscene was :psyduck: and ruled and also this is the first game in ages I’ve played in 30 where a 60 mode was available because the difference really is that wildly stark. thankfully I’m not a huge noticer of that sort of thing after a short while

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Escobarbarian posted:

omg you’re right and it doesn’t even skip the whole thing! you start back in the village at night with everyone saying he’s gone to the manor! so you still have to do the whole terribly-paced limping part!

they really hosed that one, jesus.

That’s so weird. I guess they’re REALLY proud of the remade classic Sephiroth cutscene

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

RatHat posted:

Does Yuffie mostly play the same as in Intermission?

I asked a very similar question a day or two ago and the answer was practically yes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh what its not installed yet?!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Uh-oh I don’t understand Queen’s Blood at all

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Uh-oh I don’t understand Queen’s Blood at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK5msysXBls&t=77s

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Now I shall sleep. The game has gotten 1 good guffaw out of me, and I eagerly await the ones to come

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The one early on tip i'll give is that as soon as you get access to the open fields, you are going to feel tempted to go exploring all over the place.

Don't. Beeline for the the objective marker. And then beeline for the next objective marker, and then maybe go exploring all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Fittingly, Chadley's first appearance is a jump scare