Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Do we even know what geoff's gamerscore is?

Maximum. Maximum gamerscore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Only because he forced them to max his accounts or be blacklisted from gamer awards. He has never been seen playing games for non-promotional purposes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hes the freakin dorito pope

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He's the dorito antipope, the true dorito pope is now in AVGNon

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1762948663490269532

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

AngryBooch posted:

Geoff Keighley

Who is Geoff Keighley?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's time for the B.O.B. remake

but also we are in a video game crash and that sucks

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
loving hell, it has been a brutal few months for the industry. Every week there's another 1000+ jobs cut.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"TWO YEARS OF PAIN" -- the guy jeff gerstmann quoted from a business forecast article on this.

We have currently gotten through 0.166 years of pain

jeff is getting pretty depressed that he has a 15-minute "Layoffs Update" every week now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How he doing? Ain't really listened to his solo pods or followed him since giant bomb blew up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think it's great.... in the past he has expressed his admiration for the kind of radio that long-haul truckers listen to, and I have long commutes so Jeff doing that has been great.

The segment where he spends half an hour reading all the delisted Discovery titles from PSN was honestly one of the highlights of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN3m71wEmS4&t=4296s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

How he doing? Ain't really listened to his solo pods or followed him since giant bomb blew up

He's currently using science to rank all NES games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That being said, we're not really in a crash, it's just that the industry hired a quarter of a million people between 2020-2022 and now interest rates are really high to combat inflation that's partly caused by food company CEOs deciding to up their prices arbitrarily since they could just blame Biden for it and money is just very expensive right now.

Yeah, we're gonna lose more people and it's gonna suck, but it's not gonna be 1983 again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

it's gonna suck, but it's not gonna be 1983 again.

Reagan is at least dead this time around. :hmmyes:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Geoff always had the charisma of wet dogshit so its been a whiplash to see how he was somehow the one that ended up with the bag after every award show/E3 tradeshow cratered. I have no idea how he had the capital or influence to get this far, he seemed no better or interesting than a C-Lister on G4. In a better world Giant Bomb didn't get vaporized piece by piece because they would have been my pick to be near the top, instead it's a starfucker who is going to definitely wind back around to SpikeTV levels.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the game awards are stupid

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Reagan is at least dead this time around. :hmmyes:

We have a different brain-addled Republican Messiah though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The last two The Game Awards goty winners were also SA's goty winners. So, are you calling goons stupid too??

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

The last two The Game Awards goty winners were also SA's goty winners. So, are you calling goons stupid too??

yes, extremely

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

whoa...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:yeah:

Games that should be up there aren't, but hey it's effectively 3-4 hours of new trailers every year.

Digital E3 lives on

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I miss GB. It was honestly a cornerstone of my internet fun but so much of it was relying on Vinny to be its anchor and once it went sideways it just felt so empty

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

all the post GB stuff is vaguely depressing. jeffs the most watchable of them all by himself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
here's my award for games

disco elysium

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Do you know how many essaytubers I've accumulated over the years to fill the void

so many

Shinjobi posted:

here's my award for games

disco elysium

Subgenres included:
Best Kim: Kitsuragi
Most Underrated Skill: Half Light

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I watch vtubers instead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Now this is epic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jay Rust posted:

If The Game Awards had named Pentiment as Game of the Year in 2022 like we did, this Keighley guy would be the greatest hero in American history.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Waffleman_ posted:

That being said, we're not really in a crash, it's just that the industry hired a quarter of a million people between 2020-2022 and now interest rates are really high to combat inflation that's partly caused by food company CEOs deciding to up their prices arbitrarily since they could just blame Biden for it and money is just very expensive right now.

Yeah, we're gonna lose more people and it's gonna suck, but it's not gonna be 1983 again.

Amazing. All of this is wrong

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I stan Geoff. He is the perfect avatar of the gaming industry and communities. Soulless consumption.

homeless snail posted:

I watch vtubers instead.

Aids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You OK forum poster Mr Hootington?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What is with all the FMV games being released on thebpsn store?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

What would an 83 equivalent crash look like in 2024 anyway?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

A Penny's Big Breakaway dev on the Steam forums explaining to some users that's it's not a big deal for the game's crash handler to collect your file listings for all drives, network storage, OneDrive files, Microsoft account email address, and dump it all in a plaintext file.
The software that does it is open source, and it doesn't actually send the file anywhere like some of the game's multiple EULAs say, so it's ok really.

Security hotfix is out and the game doesn't do this anymore

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they gave us sam lake doing the herald of darkness dance live

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Do I wait on Pacific Drive also what was the game where you're a dude in an endless hotel shooting vampires while Max Payning and its all existential I heard it's good

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know by what definition you could say it's not a crash. The 1983 crash was caused by essentially the exact same factors: demand for video games went way up really quickly, so the industry over-invested to meet it where it thought it would end up, and they were dead wrong. Market saturation can't be helping either. The crash was a foregone conclusion from the moment they decided to recklessly scale up with no plan for the future other than "hopefully number keeps going up forever". This time won't end up like 1983 (i.e. industry basically dies all together) because there's just too much money in it for it to die completely, plus it's more decentralized than it was back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Songbearer posted:

Do you know how many essaytubers I've accumulated over the years to fill the void

homeless snail posted:

I watch vtubers instead.

Pathetic