Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If it looked like 1983 then Nintendo would be domin-

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Songbearer posted:

Do I wait on Pacific Drive also what was the game where you're a dude in an endless hotel shooting vampires while Max Payning and its all existential I heard it's good

You're thinking of El Paso Elsewhere

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Yeah baby I'm riding high off Psuedoregalia let's keep this lo fi aesthetic train going

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Do you know how many essaytubers I've accumulated over the years to fill the void

so many

i'm very excited for this year since noah-gervais has another gobsmacker of a franchise retrospective on diablo in the pipeline and a doom eternal + DLC relook. deeply curious if he's going to be able to finish the latter on standard difficulty settings because ancient gods is loving brutal even if you're an eternal vet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just remembering around when Baldur's Gate 3 came out and a couple people said "Dont start expecting every game to be like this" and it was written off as lazy jealous devs

No it's because people can't stay employed for three years in this industry

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm just remembering around when Baldur's Gate 3 came out and a couple people said "Dont start expecting every game to be like this" and it was written off as lazy jealous devs

reminds me of when arcane came out and people were wondering why it looked so loving good compared to every other CGI animated TV show in the past decade and the answer turned out to be "job security + money faucet"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Songbearer posted:

Yeah baby I'm riding high off Psuedoregalia let's keep this lo fi aesthetic train going

I'm glad post-nut clarity hasn't diminished it for you

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Vermain posted:

i'm very excited for this year since noah-gervais has another gobsmacker of a franchise retrospective on diablo in the pipeline and a doom eternal + DLC relook. deeply curious if he's going to be able to finish the latter on standard difficulty settings because ancient gods is loving brutal even if you're an eternal vet

A Noah retrospective is caramel to me. Premium grade a pleasant sleep fuel. Also thank God I'm not alone in thinking that the DLC was rock solid, a few years ago I went on a DOOM binge and played through 2016, Eternal and then most of Ancient Gods until I hit a challenge room that ground me down into burnout.

Played at Ultra Violence difficulty and it was just too much. Divine games though, pure flow state fuel and I find it a little sad people found Eternal somewhat divisive because I feel like it's some of the purest shooting fun you can have

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Hwurmp posted:

I'm glad post-nut clarity hasn't diminished it for you

Not since The Real Texas has a character design spoke so clearly to me

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Songbearer posted:

Not since The Real Texas has a character design spoke so clearly to me

ok we get it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh drat, as part of the EA shift from licensed stuff, Respawn's Star Wars shooter was cancelled, that sucks. Probably not getting Jedi 3 anytime soon either.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh drat, as part of the EA shift from licensed stuff, Respawn's Star Wars shooter was cancelled, that sucks. Probably not getting Jedi 3 anytime soon either.

loving hell, really?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

welp :suicide:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Isn't this like the 10th promising Star Wars shooter to get buried in as many years

Do people want to defend Jedi Knight 2's title so violently that they'll crush anything that attempts to dethrone it? 'Cause I can kind of respect that

Except for the fucker who decided that the level directly after you get a lightsaber should be a wide open cityscape where snipers pelt you from across chasms and you basically get no opportunity to have fun with it are you making GBS threads me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Isn't this like the 10th promising Star Wars shooter to get buried in as many years

Thereabouts anyway, yeah. License is cursed.

Haven't heard a peep from the KotOR remake in a while either

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Thereabouts anyway, yeah. License is cursed.

Haven't heard a peep from the KotOR remake in a while either

I thought that was absolutely for sure canceled.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

private company instead of a publicly traded investor playground corporation seems to be a key distinction in making good games while treating employees better, and not have success capitalistically converted into layoffs and studio closures.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
EA has some real Bungie-rear end management that's determined to squander the careers of the people they pay too well to leave.

However, I have been waiting for them to please stop being all licensed games and sports leagues for a while now, so maybe the future is better? Maybe?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Watching SuperGreatFriend play through Parasite Eve and wow this game really isn't what my mind's eye led me to believe

I thought it would be a traditional survival horror about, well, parasites but it's a JRPG with, uh, mitochondria based spellcasting? What is happening :psyduck:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Watching SuperGreatFriend play through Parasite Eve and wow this game really isn't what my mind's eye led me to believe

I thought it would be a traditional survival horror about, well, parasites but it's a JRPG with, uh, mitochondria based spellcasting? What is happening :psyduck:

it's a very, very weird experiment in game design that was also based off of an actual novel. it's like an early prototype of what FF7R eventually became

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I thought that was absolutely for sure canceled.

Wasn't it that the trailer got pulled and they released a boilerplate response that it happened "due to music licensing, and it's still very much in production"?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Wasn't it that the trailer got pulled and they released a boilerplate response that it happened "due to music licensing, and it's still very much in production"?

I remember that, but then recall them later saying that the game is on indefinite hold? https://www.gameinformer.com/report/2022/07/26/report-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-on-hold a google search about the fate of this game is confusing.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Songbearer posted:

it's a top 10 psx game of all time, easy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.ign.com/articles/respawns-star-wars-fps-is-canceled-but-work-on-next-jedi-game-black-panther-and-iron-man-will-continue

Oh, apparently Jedi 3 is still on track, that's good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Its a very experimental game for the time, but also one of the best PSX titles. Absolute classic and must play game if you're exploring the best titles that console had.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Songbearer posted:

The sequel is more like what you would expect. And that's all the games they made, yessir.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The sequel is more like what you would expect. And that's all the games they made, yessir.

Correct, please dont look further into what is there.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jerusalem posted:

Reagan is at least dead this time around. :hmmyes:

Reagan never died and runs both parties from beyond the grave

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
lmao free game Voices of the Void has an event where everything outside goes completely black

and then when the universe comes back you get an anonymous email just saying 'SORRY' like somebody hit the wrong button on the universe controls

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

I said come in! posted:

Its a very experimental game for the time, but also one of the best PSX titles. Absolute classic and must play game if you're exploring the best titles that console had.

i've been doing this recently since i never grew up with Playstation. i've nearly beaten Silent Hill and Dragon Quest VII, and i also played a lot of Pepsi Man, Mizzurna Falls, King's Quest 2, Vagrant's Story (gave up on this one for now i'm too bad at this), and a ridiculous button masher where you give a backrub in a ferris wheel. those 7 and a seemingly infinite amount left. it feels like i can go any direction and play quality stuff. makes me wonder how i woulda turned out if I didn't grow up Nintendo

got Parasite Eve on my radar next looks like

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Parasite Eve was a great time. Banger soundtrack. Final boss loving sucks and there's an awful chase sequence at the end where if it catches you you need to start all over, don't stop and try to save and just keep going left until you can overload the engine.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

when you play parasite eve be sure to show us whatever flagrantly illegal gun that you make

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Technically you are correct

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Shinjobi posted:

here's my award for games

disco elysium

I wanted to give my award to disco but I already gave it to the game that isn't outer worlds.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 29, 2024

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

If anyone was waiting on a sale to pick up Robocop: Rogue City, congrats! It's currently 40% for the Nacon sale on Steam.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hosed my gun up right before the final boss of PE and saved, dooming myself

I should retry it one of these days, it's p good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching the new mini-series, Shogun, is making me want to start a New Game Plus for Ghost of Tsushima. Although just waiting for Rise of the Ronin would probably be better.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't understand really what the system wanted of me until Chinatown so I was way weaker than I could've been in the fight and mostly got through on casting Liberation. I also kept buying inventory upgrades because I didn't realize you could stash poo poo at the Police Station so I had tons of Maeda's useless poo poo clogging my inventory for most of the game.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RBA Starblade posted:

I did the same thing and I'm happy to report that you can, in fact, beat the final boss with simply the gun and armor they give you right before.

It's uh, really really hard. I wouldn't recommend it. But its possible

and then you get to do it again when you gently caress up the escape sequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

was reminded of just how good the final song from Art's Dream was. sucks that Dreams never had a chance to succeed bc of Sony's incompetence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMpFD4xOPs