Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The game dropped an Unique and won't let me pick it up even if I disable the loot filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What's annoying me right now is this:

That gate is completely blocking the path, can't teleport across it either. The enemies aggro on me on spawn but, not being able to reach me, try to take the long way around - which I only figured out after desperately trying to throw AoEs there for a while, taking this screenshot to go "what gives", and having three worms wander into the room from the top while I was uploading this to imgur. In order to keep clearing everything I had to keep running back and forth, also on the scenic route, to get the gate to spawn the next batch and eventually finish.

I think this is the third time I've seen a gate straight up blocking a narrow doorway, although the others weren't long enough/closed enough alternate routes to cause the same kind of problem.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

I made a forge guard and it’s very very fun to pull handfuls of greatswords out of my rear end and throw them indiscriminately.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

> Video Games > Last Epoch: pull handfuls of greatswords out of my rear end

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

The game dropped an Unique and won't let me pick it up even if I disable the loot filter.

Pretty sure this is a visual bug - there's enemies on some map types (I think they appear there) that cast a fire spell. The charge up time for the spell looks like a light beam from a unique drop, so I'm guessing you killed the enemy mid charge and the VFX bugged out and stayed there.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Alkanos posted:

The recent posts about Flame Rush

thanks, I'll save that for later, seems a bit too finicky for now

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Sab669 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Last Epoch: pull handfuls of greatswords out of my rear end

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

jizzy sillage posted:

Pretty sure this is a visual bug - there's enemies on some map types (I think they appear there) that cast a fire spell. The charge up time for the spell looks like a light beam from a unique drop, so I'm guessing you killed the enemy mid charge and the VFX bugged out and stayed there.

The map shows a Unique icon. The red star. You can see it in the screenshot.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I had this happen to me once with a set item and was able to make it pick-up-able by turning off item tags entirely (alt Z by default, I think?) and then back on.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

The map shows a Unique icon. The red star. You can see it in the screenshot.

Oh, my bad. gently caress those enemies anyway.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol the 2h sword seller is named ghats

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

related the one thing this game needs to surpass path of exile is terminus est

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So when it comes to Rune of Ascendancy what are the rules for uniques it can pop out? I assume boss/dungeon/campaign/corruption-specific uniques aren't in the pool, but is everything else fair game?

Danakir posted:

Assuming that I'd only party up with people very occasionally and that gamefeel is a much higher priority, is the full offline mode a meaningful upgrade? I've seen some comments online that some skills feel better to use in that client, especially traversal skills.

Also I guess I should ask if the online mode is still borked.

Playing with no latency and zero chance of server buggery will always feel better. The online zone transition times are very much improved but you'll still get weird poo poo like having to mash out a skill or having a transition fail. If you ever want to engage in multiplayer at all you HAVE to play online as those characters are completely separate.

PoultryHammock posted:

As an aside my falconer died to empowered Lagon last night when he had around 5% health left. I got the "You died to Lagon's blah' blah blah" , got up to use the bathroom, came back and I was instead at the blessing choice window, and seemed to also get full loot drops. I'm assuming birb keeps going even when you die?

My fissures keep happily firing away and I've also beaten bosses after death. I think my #1 cause of death right now is having an army of charging enemies appear then alpha strike me before immediately being vaporized.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mailer posted:

So when it comes to Rune of Ascendancy what are the rules for uniques it can pop out? I assume boss/dungeon/campaign/corruption-specific uniques aren't in the pool, but is everything else fair game?

Playing with no latency and zero chance of server buggery will always feel better. The online zone transition times are very much improved but you'll still get weird poo poo like having to mash out a skill or having a transition fail. If you ever want to engage in multiplayer at all you HAVE to play online as those characters are completely separate.

My fissures keep happily firing away and I've also beaten bosses after death. I think my #1 cause of death right now is having an army of charging enemies appear then alpha strike me before immediately being vaporized.

Set items can also drop. Non-boss drops only (so no dungeon, campaign, Shade, etc). LP can be attached but at a lower rate than naturally dropping. I don't recall if uniques with Weaver's Will drop or not.

Hot protip: If you're CoF, don't use them until you start getting faction tagged gear and at rank 2 in rep for a 45% chance of not using the rune on use. Get a fat stack of uniques for a handful of runes.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 29, 2024

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Activate posted:

I made a forge guard and it’s very very fun to pull handfuls of greatswords out of my rear end and throw them indiscriminately.

I know it's considered one of the weaker masteries in the game but I've really enjoyed spinning swords into existence. My DPS is spectacular as long as the minions are out, the main problem has been keeping them alive vs boss aoes. Lagon 2: Electric/Cold Boogaloo was a pain, largely self-inflicted by me loving up specifically my cold and lightning resistance beforehand.

One nonobvious synergy that I want to highlight is that going down the fire branch of Void Cleave makes it give your little friends +180 base fire damage. It's a ridiculous amount for the point in the game where you can get it. Anything that isn't a DPS capped story/echo boss will melt.

If anyone wants to lazily kill baddies by spinning in their vicinity to summon a dozen autonomous murderswords then I can recommend going Forge Guard. The spinny Forge Guard build is basically make Warpath free + max Forge Strike minion strength > take Void Cleave's fire minion + traversal paths > Cleave your pet swarm > enjoy your 13+ pets having 250 base fire damage and getting 300+ ignite stacks.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Went back to Majasa with 793 HP instead of barely 600 and capped physical resist instead of 0 and she was Free instead of Literally Impossible. Did it all with poo poo I had in my stash instead of grinding too. God bless America.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

I make my swords explode while I’m wearing shields that explode and right clicking an enemy triggers smites to rain down and explode and cause the enemies themselves to explode.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Just did the first monolith. Should I tell the amalgamate souls to reflect on the past or dream of the future? Or is it just flavor?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Just flavor now. Previous to 1.0, the choice determined which monolith you unlocked next, but you just get both now.

Angry Platypus
Jul 17, 2006

the last thing you see before OH GOD ANKLE SPURS
Having a blast with my warpath void knight so far — haven’t played for about two years and really impressed with the visual changes and updates to the crafting systems.

I should probably build some defense though, since doing 150+ corruption empowered monos on a hair over 1k hp I fall over when a mob looks in my general direction

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Noper Q posted:

Just flavor now. Previous to 1.0, the choice determined which monolith you unlocked next, but you just get both now.

And huge props to the devs for that, doing some of the pre-exalted monoliths twice each character in EA was a real drag.

Now you'll see something like "Go back and make a different choice" pop in your quest log but then it immediately resolves and just gives you both next node monoliths.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so hows bleed warlock, able to do everything? falconer is fun but i wanna do some DoT action too

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

so hows bleed warlock, able to do everything? falconer is fun but i wanna do some DoT action too

It's good. I don't even have a pretty vital piece of gear which causes me to kill myself somewhat regularly so I have to play a little slower but it's still a blast.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Can I assume that any effect that casts another learned ability inherits all the same damage modifiers + runes as the player?

there is one exception to this: if your minions cast spells, they use their own stats and ignore your skill tree even when you have the same spell specced out

i was a bit disappointed when i figured this out on my necro, because skeleton mages spamming sacrifice on the crappy warrior skellies wasn't doing the good damage i expected

i was committed tho to rapid fire explosions though, so i ended up pouring my points into exploding zombie, including the passive that spawns exploding zombies when minions die, and that worked

basically holding down right click on summon skeleton, my skelly mages explode the warriors almost as soon as they spawn on the enemy, spawning a bunch of exploding zombies directly on top of them. also when skeletons die they refill mana so it's infinitely spammable lmao, just an endless stream of zombie and skeleton explosions

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

queeb posted:

I don't know if I am technically a bleed warlock, but I have seen over 300 stacks of bleed on a boss on the level 80 monolith. With nothing but crap I've picked up, not a single unique (other than some gloves I'm leveling to see what the weavers stuff puts on them for fun) I'm pushing through the level 85 monolith at level 74 without any trouble at all, other than constantly being out of mana, but I've come to terms with having a purple mana sphere and embrace it now.

My unspecialized bone golem is starting to die fairly quickly now, so at some point I'll probably have to abandon it, but I'm not sure what to replace it with other than maybe an unspecialized veil skill to use as a momentary invuln thing when it's particularly hot.

Specc'd skills are: Spirit Plague (on bar), Chthonic Fissue (on bar), Chaos Bolts (on left mouse button), Rip Blood (not on bar), Bone Curse (not on bar).

Bar also has unspecialized Transplant and Bone Golem.

Edit: Every other build like this I've found on the interwebs is rocking a 2h staff, but I've never found a decent one that beats out using a 1h sceptre/wand + focus with lots of ward generation and 4 more stat slots. I'm not sure what the advantage is to the 2h staves that is causing all the builds online to be using them? Maybe bigger numbers if you get good rolls with the right stats.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 29, 2024

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Two-handed mods are twice as effective (or at least have bigger numbers, I don't know if they're exactly twice). And since they also have a bigger flat damage bonus on their implicits, they're better for offense. Focus/shield are better for defense.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I really want to like Aura of Decay but it just seems so disappointing. I'm not even sure why it has a drawback of poisoning yourself since it doesn't seem like it outputs enough damage to warrant a drawback. Like I'm fairly certain Spirit Plague is doing way more than Aura of Decay does.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 29, 2024

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

queeb posted:

It's pretty drat good and from what I've seen goes crazier the more endgame-ey you go. If you're standing there rolling 800 stacks of bleed with infinite mana and stupid amounts of ward on a boss it's good fun. While it's technically a dot build it's not a passive thing where you stack all the dots and just watch stuff die if that's what you're looking for.

The Locator posted:

Edit: Every other build like this I've found on the interwebs is rocking a 2h staff, but I've never found a decent one that beats out using a 1h sceptre/wand + focus with lots of ward generation and 4 more stat slots. I'm not sure what the advantage is to the 2h staves that is causing all the builds online to be using them? Maybe bigger numbers if you get good rolls with the right stats.

I'm not a certified epochologist, but I think it's just that having a temple staff with some T5s is a lot easier than having two good items. The super endgame bis loadouts on maxroll all use a mh/oh setup. I've got a pretty great offhand but when it comes to finding a wand the game hates me personally. :argh:

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Did I break something in my game or are these giant fonts on tooltips a known issue?

Seems to be a problem only with vendor inventories, character and stash look fine.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GrandpaPants posted:

I really want to like Aura of Decay but it just seems so disappointing. I'm not even sure why it has a drawback of poisoning yourself since it doesn't seem like it outputs enough damage to warrant a drawback.

It's not really a DPS skill. It's a defensive/utility skill that offers massive poison damage reduction, poison resistance shred, armor shred, ward, and permanent poison stacks. There's a lot of synergy in the various Acolyte passive and skill trees for getting benefits from poisoned enemies.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Noper Q posted:

Unlocking both at the same time, as well as making it so you only need to repair half the Bridge [or whatever you're doing] in that early act are some of the best changes in 1.0

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I dont know if thereve been big balance changes since I played last but goddamn the falcon feels way better than I remember the other minion builds.

Still really early in the game but it melts anything but campaign bosses even without much minion gear

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Issakhar posted:

Did I break something in my game or are these giant fonts on tooltips a known issue?

Seems to be a problem only with vendor inventories, character and stash look fine.

Item text seems to have some issues. A lot of the uniques that drop for me are garbled text with commas and spaces

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Druid really does feel awful to level right up until Swarmblade form.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I think I'm doing something wrong on my first Monolith. The 2nd and 3rd quests never got unlocked and my stability is at 500.

What do I do or am I just being dumb?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You have to actually complete the quest echoes, they're their own separate instance.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

I think I'm doing something wrong on my first Monolith. The 2nd and 3rd quests never got unlocked and my stability is at 500.

click on The Ransacked Camp to do that mission, then you can do the next.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Well that explains it duh, thanks!

Playing with a controller made that very non-obvious.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 29, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Gerdalti posted:

This took me way too long to figure out too. Look on the left of your screen shot and click the top quest echo. You do those instances and they unlock one after the other.

E:f;b

My rogue got something with spell damage multiplier (unique relic with the stats that unlock as you wear it and kill stuff). Are rogue skills technically spells? None of the skills say "spell" when hovering over them so I'm not sure.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
No Rogue skills have the Spell tag. But subskills and procs from items can have a Spell tag. For example, the Reign of Winter bow has a chance to cast Icicle on hit which is a spell and something that would benefit from spell damage or spell crit (although you wouldn't actually want to scale the Icicle proc that way).