Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Eimi posted:

What is her spd at because drat. 5.6k hp, 141spd, 50% outgoing healing, 43% eff res. 10 ult, 8 other skills.

Mine is 8k hp, 127 spd, 10% outgoing healing. I'm using HP chest and HP boots for her. I don't think the heals from Ults is affected by her Outgoing Healing but I might be wrong on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

luocha contributing toughness damage (as well as a bit of chip) is also genuinely useful

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I don't think Luocha is bad at all, I just think he'll be considered the weakest of the 4 limited sustains. His SP positivity will matter a lot less for DHIL now that Sparkle exists.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Auto does not use Huohuo very well

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Who cares which sustain is weakest or strongest? All that matters is they do their job and people don't die. Anything else is a bonus.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

qbert posted:

You only need 2 sustains and of the 3 limited ones he's the weakest. Adventurine probably pushes him to 4th place. Rumor is that Fu Xuan will be the rerun at 2.1 launch, so between those two and Huohuo, it's gonna be hard finding a reason to pull for him later.

Aren't shielders kind of the opposite of what you want for Blade though?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“Weakest limited sustain” is being really disingenuous when all the limited sustains are ridiculous in different ways. He’s incredible and provides stuff the other two don’t, like an on-demand cleanse and the ability to not ever have to manually heal so he’s rarely spending SP.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It depends on your own priorities how much the "bonus" stuff matters really. Like yeah Luocha will be able to sustain a Ratio/Topaz team just fine, but Aventurine is obviously gonna have much better synergy with the team, but also how much are you willing to spend your pulls to maximize your followup teams specifically? That kinda stuff. Huohuo is in a similar spot for Argenti and Luocha for DHIL. And in some fights Luocha and FX's AoE Ult can actually be relevant for breaking annoying mobs. If you're just looking for survivability we can safely assume all sustains will do the job if built properly, but the bonus stuff is gonna be the reason why you pick them over the other options for a particular team or fight.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

Who cares which sustain is weakest or strongest? All that matters is they do their job and people don't die. Anything else is a bonus.

This may come as a shock to you, but people who play gacha games talk about strongest and weakest characters in various categories.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Meowywitch posted:

Auto does not use anyone very well

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Bad Video Games posted:

because making sure people don't die as a qualifier is a low ceiling to hit. So people want to get as much juice from taking a full spot after they meet that easy task.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Doing single pulls for Sparkle like a dumbass to preserve my 4* pity for Gallagher

e: lol of course she came right after the 4* pity was broken. Whatever I guess

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 29, 2024

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

As a not DHIL haver, I find it extremely useful to have multiple imaginary characters around. His cleanse/dispel is not to be overlooked either.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have one good imaginary character and they gave me him for free

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Dumb question: I got Clara while rolling for Black Swan earlier this week, do her counters count as follow-up attacks or something else? Unsure what to do for her relics.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Artix posted:

Dumb question: I got Clara while rolling for Black Swan earlier this week, do her counters count as follow-up attacks or something else? Unsure what to do for her relics.

They're follow-up attacks, but she does better with 4x phys than 2x duke 2x whatever or 4x duke

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Leraika posted:

They're follow-up attacks, but she does better with 4x phys than 2x duke 2x whatever or 4x duke

Yeah don't put 4pc Duke on Clara since at most they have 3 hits, it's not a great full set for her. The 2pc is good and can rival 4pc phys set. Definitely put Salsotto on her though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You can get away with 2 pc + 2 pc on every dps in the game except maybe QUA and DoT characters.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Since I prefarmed and everything some quick thoughts on Sparkle:

Good not amazing. Ruan Mei really spoiled me for what a harmony support can do.

Does a mono quantum Seele team with Sparkle catch up to newer characters? Kind of. It's still a single target team and things are very multi target now.

Overall a good support character and more skill points are always nice. Not a must have.

edit - a better summary would be "Sparkle isn't Ruan Mei".

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 29, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Since I prefarmed and everything some quick thoughts on Sparkle:

Good not amazing. Ruan Mei really spoiled me for what a harmony support can do.

Does a mono quantum Seele team with Sparkle catch up to newer characters? Kind of. It's still a single target team and things are very multi target now.

Overall a good support character and more skill points are always nice. Not a must have.

edit - a better summary would be "Sparkle isn't Ruan Mei".
why would you use seele and not the better quantum dps that also does multitarget, qingque

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also sparkle's mail has a chance to give sampo, lmao

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
is there a list of what it gives yet? tempted to just sit on it for a year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leraika posted:

is there a list of what it gives yet? tempted to just sit on it for a year
theres no benefit to sitting on it, its not some kind of summon or anything. its just a chance at some garbage, a good morals trophy, some credits, some mats, or sampo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

theres no benefit to sitting on it, its not some kind of summon or anything. its just a chance at some garbage, a good morals trophy, some credits, some mats, or sampo

Thanks, going to not open it and see if there is a follow up mail next year.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

why would you use seele and not the better quantum dps that also does multitarget, qingque

I've actually never circled back to build the gambling goblin girl. One day maybe but she'll have to get in line.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everything about sparkle seems much more designed for qingque than seele tbh. the sp stuff, the crit dmg boost, the fact that seele's higher base speed means building pure speed on sparkle works way better with qingque, etc.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Wouldn't running Sparkle and Bronya together enable Bryona to skill spam every turn? Seems like a good combo. Full disclosure, I haven't played with Bronya lately. I don't have her lightcone and only just got her E1.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dazerbeams posted:

Wouldn't running Sparkle and Bronya together enable Bryona to skill spam every turn? Seems like a good combo. Full disclosure, I haven't played with Bronya lately. I don't have her lightcone and only just got her E1.

Possibly. You'd need to math it out versus using Ruan Mei with either. Hypercarries are getting a lot of options now though.

However DOT teams are not going to eat as well from the crit damage bonus so Ruan Mei is still their primary buffer. For the other team in your pair. Until we reach the point where we need 3 teams... oh geeze.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 29, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

DancingShade posted:

Possibly. You'd need to math it out versus using Ruan Mei with either. Hypercarries are getting a lot of options now though.

However DOT teams are not going to eat as well from the crit damage bonus so Ruan Mei is still their primary buffer.

I feel like dot teams probably want nihility supports rather than harmony. Or at least, debuff based supports rather than buff based ones given the way they're designing dot/debuff characters recently.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Phys/Fire/Lightning/Wind breaks are dots too! Ruan Mei is extremely good for DoT teams.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dazerbeams posted:

No, Sparkle is +1 SP for her skill only rotation, you're not gonna get much out of bronya over a more well rounded support like a Tingyun or even a Pela.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I feel like dot teams probably want nihility supports rather than harmony. Or at least, debuff based supports rather than buff based ones given the way they're designing dot/debuff characters recently.

Nah, DoT's best support was always Asta and now Ruan Mei.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

give me more fire units

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I am amused by the thought of Bronya and Sparkle on a team using their skills on eachother.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

give me more fire units

Sam’s a Stellaron Hunter, so he’ll probably turn out playable at some point!

And there’s Gallagher coming in 2.1, I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

give me more fire units

You must be looking forward to firefly going on a banner.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Got my first MoC 12 0 cycle with Sparkle :toot:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Detheros posted:

Auto does not use anyone well

Auto uses Fu Xuan perfectly since all she needs to do is keep her buff up and it does that.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

It's a pet peeve of mine with these games where instead of adding the content in during the daily reset, they wait till some arbitrary time in the day. What's up with that.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Managed to grab E2 Swan before the banner ended and just got E2 Himeko on the 50-50 for Sparkle. Not sure If I want to try for Sparkle again or save for Sam/whoever is next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This game not having synced up banner change times across regions peeves me the heck off!!