Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

LegoMan posted:

Item text seems to have some issues. A lot of the uniques that drop for me are garbled text with commas and spaces

i think this is a bug that happens if you have "bigger font" thingy selected on your loot filter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zurai posted:

It's not really a DPS skill. It's a defensive/utility skill that offers massive poison damage reduction, poison resistance shred, armor shred, ward, and permanent poison stacks. There's a lot of synergy in the various Acolyte passive and skill trees for getting benefits from poisoned enemies.

Aura of Decay can also be built to provide you with passive healing every second that scales with healing effectiveness. Depending on your build/gear you can get anywhere from 20-80% of your max life automatically healed every second. If you don’t want to run the items for a low life ward build, or don’t have them, AoD can be very nice if you have room for it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There are so many issues with tooltips displaying incorrectly, not displaying at all, displaying when they shouldn't, containing misspellings and grammar issues, etc. Find me The Tooltip Guy so I can send him extremely toxic emails.

I also assume they're responsible for enemies sometimes not having healthbar info.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

So I thought there were still server issues as every time I would try and join online it would just sit on the loading screen forever. Apparently having a VPN causes the issue because on a lark I turned it off and viola I was in.

I gave a cursory look through the thread but it looks like everyone is past the server stability issue but I figured I'd mention it anyway. Also Necro is fun so this game is already great in my book.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Am I right that there's no way to specifically reroll one affix on gear, you just have to use the remixing rune and hope it takes out the affix you want?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Am I right that there's no way to specifically reroll one affix on gear, you just have to use the remixing rune and hope it takes out the affix you want?

https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/items/IIzAMGZVMqA

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

exquisite tea posted:

If you select the affix you want to reroll in crafting as if you were upgrading it, but use a Glyph of Chaos to modify the upgrade, it will reroll to a new eligible affix as well as upgrade it

e:f,b

e2: vvvvvvvv yes, this only works if the affix you want to reroll is under T5, same as the Glyph of Despair that seals an affix and frees up its slot

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 29, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you select the affix you want to reroll in crafting, as if you were upgrading it but use a Glyph of Chaos to modify the upgrade, it will reroll to a new affix as well as upgrade it

This only works if it's <T5 though right? IE you can't "upgrade" it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to build a Warlock?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

This only works if it's <T5 though right? IE you can't "upgrade" it.

Right, yea. If you are upgrading something from T4 -> T5, better hope the Chaos rolls well because it's your last chance to get what you want.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don't gently caress around with any other forging if you're thinking of rerolling an affix at T4 lest you get a critical success

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Oh, I see. I was a bit confused on that and thought it might reroll every affix on the item.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Jack Trades posted:

Chthonic Fissure is the best skill to use for killing enemies in general. One popular build is to take the nodes that replace some spirits it shoots with chaos bolts, and then taking nodes in chaos bolts to have them trigger some other skills. You typically want to build around bleed damage if you go this route. Another option is to build for necrotic damage, which is also the more mana friendly build because all the triggered chaos bolts and other skills in the first build still consume your mana.

All the typical defensive stuff still applies (resists, crit avoidance or damage reduction, etc.) but you have some ways to stack ward to extreme levels if you want to, which then lets you use a few items to drain your own life for more ward and run around at low life for a big damage bonus from a few nodes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jack Trades posted:

Maxroll has a warlock leveling guide you can take a look at:

https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/warlock-leveling-guide

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Suprfli6 posted:

Aura of Decay can also be built to provide you with passive healing every second that scales with healing effectiveness. Depending on your build/gear you can get anywhere from 20-80% of your max life automatically healed every second. If you don’t want to run the items for a low life ward build, or don’t have them, AoD can be very nice if you have room for it.

What's the build that allows this? The only node I see that heals is one that only affects allies (which I assumed doesn't include you).

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

GrandpaPants posted:

What's the build that allows this? The only node I see that heals is one that only affects allies (which I assumed doesn't include you).

Well if you press alt, it literally says "Allies include you"

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

totalnewbie posted:

Well if you press alt, it literally says "Allies include you"

That would do it, yeah. :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is there any item in the game or combination of items that will allow me to get Teleport down to 0 cooldown?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want to beat lvl 70 Arena on my Falconer but it's boss covers literally the whole arena in some poison bullshit that very slowly but surely drains all my health.
My resistances are already maxed out and I have no idea what the gently caress else I can do.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kill him faster.

That rear end in a top hat is giving me trouble too except at higher tiers :(

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I want to beat lvl 70 Arena on my Falconer but it's boss covers literally the whole arena in some poison bullshit that very slowly but surely drains all my health.
My resistances are already maxed out and I have no idea what the gently caress else I can do.

You might need something like Shift>Molting to cleanse poison. I don't know if there are other options that wouldn't make you redo skills. That part is annoying since you'd have to relevel just for some bullshit like that.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

There's a modifier for belts that cleanses all status effects when you use a potion. Of course, that's only useful for future instances of stuff like that, but it's something to keep in mind.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Is there any item in the game or combination of items that will allow me to get Teleport down to 0 cooldown?

No. The devs have explicitly said they don't want this game to be as zoomy as PoE, which means movement skills always have cooldown and movespeed bonuses stay at reasonable numbers.

gnoma posted:

No Rogue skills have the Spell tag. But subskills and procs from items can have a Spell tag. For example, the Reign of Winter bow has a chance to cast Icicle on hit which is a spell and something that would benefit from spell damage or spell crit (although you wouldn't actually want to scale the Icicle proc that way).

You can absolutely build a rogue where all your damage comes from Icicle. I saw a streamer, ZiggyD, push decently far into monoliths doing that, though I can't find a video right now for proof.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Noper Q posted:

No. The devs have explicitly said they don't want this game to be as zoomy as PoE, which means movement skills always have cooldown and movespeed bonuses stay at reasonable numbers.

Technically, yes, but at the same time Falconer has 0 cooldown on their traversal skill as long as there are enemies around.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Zurai posted:

There's a modifier for belts that cleanses all status effects when you use a potion. Of course, that's only useful for future instances of stuff like that, but it's something to keep in mind.

It's worth it alone to wipe poison. It's a mod I have a filter for to keep an eye out for.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh...I accidentally found "Get some Ward on Shadow creation" chest piece and now I'm passively generating a billion Ward every second.

EDIT: I went to the lvl 70 Arena again, to see if that beats the poison boss, and as soon as I entered the boss arena I got one shot by a meteorite instead. What the gently caress?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 29, 2024

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Noper Q posted:

You can absolutely build a rogue where all your damage comes from Icicle. I saw a streamer, ZiggyD, push decently far into monoliths doing that, though I can't find a video right now for proof.

You can, but you scale the Icicle damage via Mourningfrost boots and dex stacking and you cap crit with hybrid crit/atk speed on the bow and Peak of the Mountain. You don't want actual spell related affixes.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Patch is out:

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-1-0-1-patch-notes/65666

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

GrandpaPants posted:

Tarnop posted:

If you're lazy like me this build owns and is even stronger in 1.0 due to new items with minion implicits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnaEX8W0C8

This build uses it for sustain if you want to see a 20 point skill tree for it. Gearing to support it is as simple as stacking health and healing effectiveness

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

First login I was naked looking (all my gear was there) and had some weird text above my head, and I didn't show up on the map. Logged out and back in and it seems to have fixed itself but lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Very selfishly disappointed no fix for that Flask-related unique chest that's bugged :v:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Suburban Dad posted:

First login I was naked looking (all my gear was there) and had some weird text above my head, and I didn't show up on the map. Logged out and back in and it seems to have fixed itself but lol

This was a pretty common bug on zoning, in whatever version we were playing around a year ago. I hope it's not back

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ty whoever listed the 4lp boulderfists for 1 mil. it will see Great Usage!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Having spent a bunch of time doing monos, crafting in this game is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
From the Discord:

quote:

EHG_Kain — Today at 9:14 PM

Notice: Please avoid playing Hardcore characters at the current time. We are investigating reports of Hardcore Character deaths impacting Standard character stashes. We will be providing further updates within 60 minutes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Having spent a bunch of time doing monos, crafting in this game is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

By far the best ARPG crafting system I've come across.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

time to make 1000 HC chars and die in the first zone. if you care about your gear, hold it in your inventory

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

After playing poe for nine years i think i prefer this one. :kiddo:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i just changed zone and my character is naked and my name is showing as a weird smiley? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bardeh posted:

i just changed zone and my character is naked and my name is showing as a weird smiley? wtf

IDK about this new bear form