Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Time posted:

We did it

Congrats, which format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Fritzler posted:

I didn't make it. Ended up in 1200 something. I should have been higher but I could have mulliganed better and I just played some of slowest opponents I have ever played in last 30 min.

sorry! but cool that you went for it!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Time posted:

We did it

goddamn, nice!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Eeevil posted:

Congrats, which format?

playing 4c shadow in timeless, and standard

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Despite the deck generally working fairly well, digging for bombs, finding mana solutions, always having enough stuff to Collect, this was just a 2-3.

I want to shout out the deck my first opponent played. They started with a Festerleech, then sacced it after a free attack to Treacherous Greed, drawing 3 cards and draining 3 for 4 mana and two cards. Perhaps the best case scenario for it? Then they played Buried in the Garden (G splash), and in the same turn, Call a Surprise Witness on a Case File Auditor they had milled with the Leech, the Auditor found a Makeshift Binding.

I teased that out with a flier, played Izoni...and they had a second Binding. No problem, value already gotten! And I had Rakdos! But they had two Killer Among Us. And finally Soul Enervation so I really couldn't even think about stabilizing. So that's 7 hits for Case File Auditor, I think I should pay more attention to this card - really drat sweet build they had!

My next loss was to a turn 3 Cryptic Coat with a Curious Inquiry on top. That was fun.

Then I had a really long, epic match against an opp who started with Teysa. After she'd drawn three cards, I managed to Slice her. Opp then played Izoni, oof. However, I found the Murder, and then played my own Izoni! I couldn't really attack though, their board was insane because they had drawn so many cards. They then killed Izoni but I brought him back! More value!

Alas:

Their third target was Persuasive Interrogators, so they got a billion Clues, and in fact could immediately sac 4 of them for their new Izoni, to immediately poison me out, not that that mattered, but it was cool to see the triggers (I conceded because I'm not an rear end in a top hat).

Fun game but jeez this set sometimes

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Did another MKM Premier

https://www.17lands.com/draft/6b02a772724b4c378d2fe8746cb70797

I found the open lane really quickly - both blue and black were wide open. I think I missed a Sultai GY deck - there were Roots, there were Mavericks, and even stuff like the Mortipedes which are playable in this style of deck. On the other hand, I got free picks of literally anything. That also means I probably made a lot of bad individual picks because I had like five playable cards to choose from. And I haven't done a control deck before!

This is what I ended up with. I'd be happy for build suggestions - there's a lot to choose from!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

quiet itt atm huh

Simply Simon posted:

Did another MKM Premier

https://www.17lands.com/draft/6b02a772724b4c378d2fe8746cb70797

I found the open lane really quickly - both blue and black were wide open. I think I missed a Sultai GY deck - there were Roots, there were Mavericks, and even stuff like the Mortipedes which are playable in this style of deck. On the other hand, I got free picks of literally anything. That also means I probably made a lot of bad individual picks because I had like five playable cards to choose from. And I haven't done a control deck before!

This is what I ended up with. I'd be happy for build suggestions - there's a lot to choose from!
People in the Discord convinced me that Judith isn't worth splashing (or much at all in fact), so I took her out.

This deck was loving heinous. I generally knew that all the 1-for-1 answers are Not Good in the face of Ward morphs and various value creatures, but I wanted to see if I could generate enough value myself with Eliminators, Out Cold etc. to make a final big push with big taps. That almost happened once - I think with slightly better math and just a bit more aggressive attacks, I could have done it. Was just 1 short. I think. But I did lose that one.

Two of the losses were to opps packing Cryptic Coats tho which is a nightmare card for a deck like this. Maybe there's more of a chance if you face some aggro stuff you can just answer decisively early and then once they're bled out, you win, but I only faced value goodstuff and, welp, that's not gonna work.

0-3

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Time posted:

playing 4c shadow in timeless, and standard

can i see your 4c shadow list? I'm trying to build out most of the timeless metagame lol

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Eight-Six posted:

The card says "Each player" which would include yourself, wouldn't it?

It'd be actually weird if it said "Both players" or "You or an opposing player". I didn't read much into it personally.

It says "The player to the right"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Simply Simon posted:

quiet itt atm huh

People in the Discord convinced me that Judith isn't worth splashing (or much at all in fact), so I took her out.

This deck was loving heinous. I generally knew that all the 1-for-1 answers are Not Good in the face of Ward morphs and various value creatures, but I wanted to see if I could generate enough value myself with Eliminators, Out Cold etc. to make a final big push with big taps. That almost happened once - I think with slightly better math and just a bit more aggressive attacks, I could have done it. Was just 1 short. I think. But I did lose that one.

Two of the losses were to opps packing Cryptic Coats tho which is a nightmare card for a deck like this. Maybe there's more of a chance if you face some aggro stuff you can just answer decisively early and then once they're bled out, you win, but I only faced value goodstuff and, welp, that's not gonna work.

0-3

I haven't drafted as much as I'd like at this point in the life of the format (because of life), so I haven't actually played a UB deck, but your deck looks like a mish mash of aggro and control cards that just add up to a bad aggro deck. You have Gorehounds and Meddlers and Repeat Offenders, but you referred to your deck as a control deck. You have no way of drawing cards. You have three eliminators and two clues in the whole deck. You have 2 Extract a Confessions, but no milling or other easy ways to put 6 CMC in the yard.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Past week has been rough for playing Standard. Brews have been particularly sparse, just an absolute wall of the usual T1 ones. Decks that need any sort of build-up to get going just getting mulched. Guess we're enough weeks post-set release that people have tried the new decks and gone back to the good ol' boys. Congrats to Boros Convoke for making the cut though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Simic Artifacts and all three new Orzhov decks are pretty fun. Even the removal soup type decks have a couple new toys.

But I assume Standard will always have a lot of the same old same old, glacial rotation pace plus being an expensive game means most players are probably sticking with what works that they already have.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

cftsoc won the biggest standard tournament ($75K at magiccon Chicago) going 12-1-1 with a 68-card Aftermath Analyst / Slogurk, so that was kinda cool and new at least. Several videos on YT covering the deck, including CGB

e: Judith is terrible, don't pick and probably don't even play in RB aggro

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Toozler posted:

: Judith is terrible, don't pick and probably don't even play in RB aggro
don't Play the 5 drop that doesn't generate immediate value in an aggro deck, got it

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I did just check out the Judith Historic Brawl video from LegenVD and that was a good watch. Giving spells deathtouch is funny. Not a great Limited card though.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

I guess aggro is redundant. Yeah don't play Judith in limited

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Past week has been rough for playing Standard. Brews have been particularly sparse, just an absolute wall of the usual T1 ones. Decks that need any sort of build-up to get going just getting mulched. Guess we're enough weeks post-set release that people have tried the new decks and gone back to the good ol' boys. Congrats to Boros Convoke for making the cut though.

https://mtga.untapped.gg/profile/9b...ctedType=ranked

I brewed this up yesterday and have been on something of a heater with it - basically the goal is to just Not Lose and gain lots of card advantage before closing the game out with an Orb / Virtue / corrupts to the dome

It plays a lot like u/w control except with removal instead of counter spells, Polygraph Orb has actually been fairly insane for me as both a memory deluge and a tegrids lantern.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I am thoroughly skeptical of a deck that puts nothing on the board in the first three turns and can then only afford to cast one spell each turn after that, but will give that a swing.

Credit where it's due, I'm seeing weirder decks. Suspect Arena checks land count in it's matchmaker calc or something. Although I also got kicked from Plat to Silver so that maybe contributes as well.

Game 1 - Mono Blue Tolarian control - Every spell countered, handedly lost.
Game 2 - 80 card mono white deck that is doing the same thing - Won this after after a very, very long series of passes.
Gam e 3 - UBR Virtue of Mana - Standstill game, lost to a top deck that saved them turn before lethal.
Game 4 - Mono B - Destroyed. Hand was ripped to shreds. Opponent disconnected so I got the win anyway. :shrug:
Game 5 - GW anthem? - Very long game, eventually won.
Game 6 - Elves!!! - Fuckin' hell, would have loved to have seen someone else running elves any other time this past week. Lost to them, got flooded with spot removal and never saw the mass or dig spells.
Game 7 - Enchantments - Dead on arrival, mulched.
Game 8 - GW counters - Feel like I pissed off the RNG or something. Should have been an easy win, never drew removal beyond virtue that was immediately outpaced by the growing singular creature. No contest.

Oddly not seeing RDW or the speedy RW one.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 2, 2024

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Dr. Stab posted:

It says "The player to the right"

Which, thinking about it, is probably the mtg template for those kinds of effects. So it may just be that they're using that wording as default.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol coming back to magic after a week of Runeterra, it feels wrong for creatures to have summoning sickness

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I'm looking at the cards for the upcoming Alchemy set, and I'm pretty disappointed. I'd have liked some more Detective support in the set, or at least better Detective support. Scrutiny of the Guildpact is technically the right color and makes a Detective, but its actual effect is fully irrelevant to Detectives. Excogitator Sphinx is neat, but it's not doing anything that Detectives weren't already doing just fine. And then there's Scour the Scene, which is almost insultingly pointless. Like, sure, a little extra damage here and there is neat, but when you have finite space in your deck, I just don't see any real benefit to it. Boost the cost a bit, give it a Spellbook to conjure Clue equipment to the battlefield attached to a Detective you control as the triggered effect, and it might be worth playing with, but as it is, I'd rather have Warleader's Call.

At least I got Tajic, Legon's Valor for my Soldier deck....

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

got some chores tonight posted:

I haven't drafted as much as I'd like at this point in the life of the format (because of life), so I haven't actually played a UB deck, but your deck looks like a mish mash of aggro and control cards that just add up to a bad aggro deck. You have Gorehounds and Meddlers and Repeat Offenders, but you referred to your deck as a control deck. You have no way of drawing cards. You have three eliminators and two clues in the whole deck. You have 2 Extract a Confessions, but no milling or other easy ways to put 6 CMC in the yard.
Yeah, I thought about it a bit more, and now I remember thinking "well I got a bunch of tempo cards but not really good ones for a typical control build". I wouldn't play the Meddler, for example, if I wasn't hard pressed for creatures - which is a bit weird considering both colors were extremely open, but I think that's the general weakness of B's commons showing.

I wouldn't say the Gorehound is necessarily an aggro card - it can in fact help a lot with filling the GY - but yeah otherwise, just a bit of a mess. I think this might have potential, but I didn't find the correct picks to make it realize that.

Looking forward to Sam Black making a "how to draft Dimir control in MKM" episode next week and me going "oh. hm." while listening to it lol

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
If a creature has to block if able and you attack into it with a menace creature when they have a second blocker, does that force a double block or does it count as being unable to block?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Eeevil posted:

If a creature has to block if able and you attack into it with a menace creature when they have a second blocker, does that force a double block or does it count as being unable to block?

It forces the block. The only time where you can ignore a "forced to attack/block if able" effect is if a cost has been attached to it (such as with Oppressive Rays), in which case you can decline to pay the cost, thus rendering the creature unable to attack/block.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Triple draft report!

First, I did a WOE QD

https://www.17lands.com/deck/55bfa61d550847649d4104f8246fd04d/0

I did the draft on my phone, so I only got the deck here. It's a fairly straightforward Boros build - those are easy to get in WOE QD, it's rather boring tbh. Won't show you a deck image, it's got two Princess Takes Flight and two Stockpiling Celebrants, that's what you need to know. I'll play this out at some point later today probably.

Secondly, an MKM Premier with some goon assistance

https://www.17lands.com/draft/f458605c037a432d885ce8e96d5d8ff8

I got Shock-Satchel-Shock in the first few picks and decided to see if I could get Izzet artifacts going. Verdict: not really? I didn't get too many clue generators, not too many of the synergies and payoffs. I think the biggest mistake was getting tempted by Buzzcutter - it's just okay, got removed quickly in every game, I really should have picked Geardrake over it. The deck was light on engine pieces and 2drops, and Geardrake is exactly that.

That I had an audience meant that I played it out immediately. It did function okay as a pure tempo build - some early aggression, then a "cheesy" finish by taps and/or combat tricks to get over the finish line before their card quality would overwhelm me. That's generally the plan for the archetype, but with more engine pieces like the Thopter generator, more card draw + Clues like Deduce and a bomb or two to splash, this would have been a bit smoother. I lost two games that were very close - one by a single point where I might have been slightly more aggressive earlier, idk - but a close loss is still a loss. 2-3

Did another one right after with the same goon (waters, then Procrastinator joined):

https://www.17lands.com/draft/f029428b085d48b18d28e4929bd875c4

This one's a bit more interesting. Waters is a self-proclaimed Sultai GY enthusiast and could steer me into a lot of fun directions with his bigger experience with the deck (without him I'd never have gone for Analyze the Pollen, for example), so we got an excellent shell of cards that work very well to fill the GY, glue the deck together (read: we got two Rubblebelt Mavericks and Gravestone Striders), however - we didn't find a single payoff. Any Chalk Outline or Insidious Roots would have made this deck amazing, but that didn't happen, so we have some excellent engines and no way to actually win the game, lol.

...at least, until I decided to add Hustle/Bustle. After a game where I saw my entire deck, could have stalled for quite a while longer, but simply could not get through to finish them off (okay, they were at 10, so it wasn't that close) and I just ended up decking, I realized that this was the only way I had to win outright, and that also gave me something to actually tutor for with the Skeleton case (I also added the Island, which is not strictly necessary considering the Striders but I did want to tutor for untapped fixing at one point and found out that oops...I actually can't).

This version performed much better and I won twice with early aggression, excellent Mortipede swings and a final push over the top with Bustle (also amazing with the otherwise mediocre Scoundrel - a surprisingly important card, also keep in mind the two one-mana Bites).

Favorite play: they have a 5/5 and I got a Mortipede and a Gorehound, Hard-Hitting Question and Bustle in hand. With those two I'm fine in the long run, but they have the board for now and can threaten to put more stuff down, also they got Wrench to tap my one big creature!

I draw a Strider, play it - Surveil trigger - it's a Maverick on top. It goes into the GY, I put a counter with it on the Mortipede - it becomes a 5/5 Menace Lifelink. I Bite their 5/5, attack - 15 point swing. They "Nice!" me. Next turn they keep Wrench mana open, they got a blocker, I might not be able to finish them...except, of course, I have the Bustle. Which earns me another "Nice!" as I beat them up lol

Currently 3-2, had to stop for the day - let's see if this build with the Bustle can carry me to more wins. It's fun stuff for sure.

Note that I'm currently in Gold and the quality of the opposing decks is similar - I was in Plat before the reset but didn't get to play much. The grinders have risen again and I'm facing mediocre decks, mine are definitely similar as I'm trying weird stuff. That might color the results, but it's very fun and if you also reset and are lukewarm on the format, I recommend giving it a spin!

EDIT: not worth a post; I lost the next game with the Golgari deck. It was cool - I got the Mortipede + Evidence Examiner engine - but they had removal for the 'pede, then I drew a bunch of lands and they drew a bunch of spells. Just how it goes. 3-3

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 4, 2024

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Not sure what the versions at recent events have looked like but I've been having success with this variant of the Rakdos Vampires deck on Arena:

Deck
4 Vein Ripper (MKM) 110
4 Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord (M20) 115
1 Beseech the Mirror (WOE) 82
4 Fable of the Mirror-Breaker (NEO) 141
4 Bloodtithe Harvester (VOW) 232
4 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
2 Duress (M21) 96
2 Smuggler's Copter (KLD) 235
1 Sheoldred, the Apocalypse (DMU) 107
3 Fatal Push (KLR) 84
1 Bitter Triumph (LCI) 91
2 Sulfurous Springs (DMU) 256
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire (NEO) 278
4 Blackcleave Cliffs (ONE) 248
3 Cavern of Souls (LCI) 269
3 Mutavault (M14) 228
1 Hive of the Eye Tyrant (AFR) 258
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
2 Blightstep Pathway (KHM) 252
2 Swamp (UND) 92
2 Deadly Dispute (AFR) 94
3 Voldaren Epicure (VOW) 182
2 Preacher of the Schism (LCI) 113
1 Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance (NEO) 276

Sideboard
1 Liliana of the Veil (DMU) 97
4 Leyline of the Void (M20) 107
2 Duress (M21) 96
2 Path of Peril (VOW) 124
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet (OGW) 86
1 Bitter Triumph (LCI) 91
2 Sheoldred's Edict (ONE) 108
2 Damping Sphere (DAR) 213

Main adjustments are 3x Voldaren Epicure and 2x Deadly Dispute, which provide some early momentum, card draw to dig for threats, and help with extra mileage on Bloodtithe Harvester. Also added 1x Beseech the Mirror, which I'm able to Bargain most of the time to find whatever silver bullet or get a Sorin on the board in a pinch.

Running 23 lands instead of the usual 25, but haven't felt much of an impact there. SB is cookie cutter, aside from the Sheoldred's Edicts for the mirror match.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Alchemy Rebalances

We have two rebalances to announce.

Fragment Reality has created an unfun early game combo with multiple Leyline cards that works even when taking a mulligan to four or three cards. This has resulted in a powerful and consistent deck that is taking up too much space in Historic and Timeless metagames.

Geological Appraiser has proven it's a bit too aggressive for our current Alchemy and Historic formats. By slowing down this card, discover-based decks will be better balanced across the formats.

Fragment Reality
Changed: "Exile target nontoken artifact, creature, or enchantment."
To: "Exile target nontoken artifact, creature, or enchantment an opponent controls."
Geological Appraiser
Cost: 3RR (was 2RR)

Alchemy MKM Full Gallery
https://magic.wizards.com/news/card-image-gallery/alchemy-karlov-manor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm not sure I understand the fragment reality change. What were players doing to exile their own stuff that needed to be adjusted?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Khanstant posted:

I'm not sure I understand the fragment reality change. What were players doing to exile their own stuff that needed to be adjusted?
Stuffing their decks full of Leylines that go onto the battlefield automatically, then cast Fragment on your own Leyline and get a Geist of St. Traft out for free on turn 1. Rest of the deck has the old classic Bogles auras like Ethereal Armor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh wow I never even realized Leyline Binding was part of a cycle. Seems like it would be temporarily amusing but I can see why that sort of effect would get tiring quick. Never played with a Bogles deal but even without it I see how it would be annoying to go up against .

Edit: Oh I see, I have an arena pauper deck that does the super cheap recursive seles aura buffing stuff. Slippery Bogle is a good cheap target for that kind of thing and combined with all the easy mana cheating could be quite formidable.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 4, 2024

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Khanstant posted:

Oh wow I never even realized Leyline Binding was part of a cycle. Seems like it would be temporarily amusing but I can see why that sort of effect would get tiring quick. Never played with a Bogles deal but even without it I see how it would be annoying to go up against .

Edit: Oh I see, I have an arena pauper deck that does the super cheap recursive seles aura buffing stuff. Slippery Bogle is a good cheap target for that kind of thing and combined with all the easy mana cheating could be quite formidable.

Not Leyline Binding, but Leyline of Sanctity & co., which all begin the game in play if it's in your opening hand.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Was Geist of St. Traft really the best 3CMC creature to be cheating out with Fragment Reality? I guess hexproof was probably important given the possibility of fetch+push.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Boco_T posted:

Alchemy Rebalances

We have two rebalances to announce.

Fragment Reality has created an unfun early game combo with multiple Leyline cards that works even when taking a mulligan to four or three cards. This has resulted in a powerful and consistent deck that is taking up too much space in Historic and Timeless metagames.

Geological Appraiser has proven it's a bit too aggressive for our current Alchemy and Historic formats. By slowing down this card, discover-based decks will be better balanced across the formats.

Fragment Reality
Changed: "Exile target nontoken artifact, creature, or enchantment."
To: "Exile target nontoken artifact, creature, or enchantment an opponent controls."
Geological Appraiser
Cost: 3RR (was 2RR)

Alchemy MKM Full Gallery
https://magic.wizards.com/news/card-image-gallery/alchemy-karlov-manor

Cool, now put symmetry sage back to 0/2 and +2/+0.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

drainpipe posted:

Was Geist of St. Traft really the best 3CMC creature to be cheating out with Fragment Reality? I guess hexproof was probably important given the possibility of fetch+push.

It's the one that's probably most suited to a gameplan of "make this the ONLY target for fragment reality." If you're instead cheating out something that, for example, wants other creatures as support, those other creatures can only be 4+ MV.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

MTG playing as Pokemon lets goooo

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

Triple draft report!

First, I did a WOE QD

https://www.17lands.com/deck/55bfa61d550847649d4104f8246fd04d/0

I did the draft on my phone, so I only got the deck here. It's a fairly straightforward Boros build - those are easy to get in WOE QD, it's rather boring tbh. Won't show you a deck image, it's got two Princess Takes Flight and two Stockpiling Celebrants, that's what you need to know. I'll play this out at some point later today probably.
I did and it was an easy 7-2. Draft a deck like this if you want to succeed in WOE QD. Losses were to awkward draws against an assertive opp and a really good Bargain Blue deck.

Tbf: lots of extremely bad plays by opps. I won a game where I mulled and they made me discard twice because they played against an aggro deck as if they were the aggressor

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I've run into this deck a few times in Timeless. It's not tier 1, but it's still kinda annoying, if you're not on the play the only way to interact is edict or wrath. This is compounded by the fact that some decks get completely shut down by the appropriate leyline.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A 6/2 with hexproof is the best three-mana threat you can play. The Fragment Leyline decks usually play some enchantments that give Geist of Saint Traft +1/+1 and flying, so it's a three-turn clock.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Chamale posted:

A 6/2 with hexproof is the best three-mana threat you can play. The Fragment Leyline decks usually play some enchantments that give Geist of Saint Traft +1/+1 and flying, so it's a three-turn clock.
Geist of St Traft is my most-hated card and the most Nagle of all designs. White is not supposed to get a Ball Lightning that doesn't die. Hexproof is my most-hated mechanic; Shroud was so elegant and prevented things like Traft getting flight via Auras making him truly unkillable. I get UW needs to have a giant threat that ends the game, but it shouldn't cost 3 so they can also still have countermagic up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I fuckin need urzas saga on this client