Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

aniviron posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND MY AIDES OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS A VIDEO TAPE OF WHAT I DID YESTERDAY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TRYING TO TO REMEMBER WHAT THE MAIN CHARACTER BIDEN WAS THINKING. I DO NOT REMEMBER LIVING THIS LIFE. MAKIN GRUNTING SOUNDS WHEN I GUM DOWN SOME CORN POPS OR EVEN WHEN I HAVE MALT O MEAL. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY FORGOT SUCH AN INCREDIBLE LIFE. I CAN. I MURMUR IT AND I MURMUR IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE WEST WING AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE WEST WING CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE FORGOTTEN ALL OF MY LIFE AND IVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND THE WHITE HOUSE LESS LONELY BY THINKING ABOUT MY FAMILY. 2 HOURS INCLUDING STARING AT THE WALLS EVERY MORNING. THEN I SIT.

Okay maybe the derail has been worth it for these two posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I feel like this is tangentially related because of recent court decisions but:

"Loan them the money, if they can make it they can pay us back, but if they can't make it they don't have to pay us back. Loan the money. A formal loan. Why should you just hand it to them? " -(Starts talking about how he's a better golfer than Biden)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

Counterpoint: shelob is a hot goth lady.

No, gently caress you and gently caress this point. There is nothing that says Shelob is nothing more than the last spider daughter of Ungoliant the All-Consuming Unlight. I refuse to believe that the big titty goth waifu that some horny, lazy Monolith writer was allowed to put in just because they were too loving lazy to Google "LOTR evil humans". EASTERLINGS AND HARADRIM EXIST, YOU LAZY FUCKS. I will not stand for this spider erasure!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Randalor posted:

No, gently caress you and gently caress this point. There is nothing that says Shelob is nothing more than the last spider daughter of Ungoliant the All-Consuming Unlight. I refuse to believe that the big titty goth waifu that some horny, lazy Monolith writer was allowed to put in just because they were too loving lazy to Google "LOTR evil humans". EASTERLINGS AND HARADRIM EXIST, YOU LAZY FUCKS. I will not stand for this spider erasure!

You are correct. She is described as "half demon and half Spider, with a spider form."

Elf waifu Shelob is a fraud.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Shelob would make a good first lady if The Ham ever divorced Melania. Her Christmas decorations would be cheerier, anyway.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

B B posted:

This was included as a detail in the special counsel's report into Joe Biden's unauthorized removal, retention, and disclosure of classified documents:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

Here is how Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Joe Biden, described the special counsel:

I am personally inclined to believe that the person who was appointed by Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Joe Biden, is telling the truth. Joe Biden's memory issues are well documented on camera in a variety of public appearances. 86% of Americans believe that Biden is too old to be president, so those who deny his memory issues are in the minority.

Yeah, it happened.

Just say that you are a fascist already cause that's who and what you seem to support.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

aniviron posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND MY AIDES OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS A VIDEO TAPE OF WHAT I DID YESTERDAY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TRYING TO TO REMEMBER WHAT THE MAIN CHARACTER BIDEN WAS THINKING. I DO NOT REMEMBER LIVING THIS LIFE. MAKIN GRUNTING SOUNDS WHEN I GUM DOWN SOME CORN POPS OR EVEN WHEN I HAVE MALT O MEAL. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY FORGOT SUCH AN INCREDIBLE LIFE. I CAN. I MURMUR IT AND I MURMUR IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE WEST WING AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE WEST WING CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE FORGOTTEN ALL OF MY LIFE AND IVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND THE WHITE HOUSE LESS LONELY BY THINKING ABOUT MY FAMILY. 2 HOURS INCLUDING STARING AT THE WALLS EVERY MORNING. THEN I SIT.

You need to include a bit about his love for trains.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Skex posted:

Just say that you are a fascist already cause that's who and what you seem to support.

BB is the kind of person that reports people in CCCC threads he doesn't post in. Take what you can from that info.

Randalor posted:

I feel like I may have missed this, but who turned the spider into a waifu elf? Was rings of power that terrible?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I feel like I may have missed this, but who turned the spider into a waifu elf? Was rings of power that terrible?

You can meet a sexy humanoid Shelob in the video game Middle Earth: Shadow of War

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
And it’s consistent with Tolkien’s vision, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3AZYQh2e0k

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Everyone should have a waifu form

except Trump

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Everyone should have a waifu form

except Trump

Counterpoint: This is Trump's waifu form.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Randalor posted:

I bet you don't even jerk to drow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Randalor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3AZYQh2e0k&t

actually its canon.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
I meant the /other/ legendary ring that turns its wearer invisible.

... or was it a cloak?

poop device
Mar 6, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

dr_rat posted:

Is Murdoch Sauron in this thought experiment? Because it feels weird think about a Sauron with an aussie accent.

Doesn't feel right.

Whoever is Sauron, they should be voiced by someone with a New Zealand accent. Rhys Darby, probably.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lammasu posted:

I bet you don't even jerk to drow.

Buddy, the Drow are the only ones who have the right idea.

Baby has so much booty she's half-spider to support it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I slightly less gently caress able spider news:

The Georgia hearing is starting momentarily. Today is arguments on whether willis should be disqualified and probably also the cell phone stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/live/ly-46g9GTqc?si=EBDOQE9zzPt4FI5P

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Full copy of texts between Merchant and Bradley are allowed to be entered into evidence but that feels kinda like...I dunno, so what if he said in texts "oh yeah they were hooking up before then I got all the goods" but then when he's on the stand he walks that back and says he was speculating. Like, what is supposed to be taken from that

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Levitate posted:

Full copy of texts between Merchant and Bradley are allowed to be entered into evidence but that feels kinda like...I dunno, so what if he said in texts "oh yeah they were hooking up before then I got all the goods" but then when he's on the stand he walks that back and says he was speculating. Like, what is supposed to be taken from that

The DA response should just be the meme with “sowing: gently caress yeah! reaping: wtf this sucks”.

Somehow the guy thought he could grift his way to fame without being asked for receipts.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Levitate posted:

Not watching it right now but I think it'd show Merchant wasn't making poo poo up and had reason to investigate farther. Since he wasn't under oath then, presumably there's downside to changing the story now.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Sounds like they're going hard on the "this behavior undermines the confidence of the public in the justice system" and also "threatened" (my interpretation) that their clients will seek a new trial if Willis and her office aren't disqualified

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Levitate posted:

Sounds like they're going hard on the "this behavior undermines the confidence of the public in the justice system" and also "threatened" (my interpretation) that their clients will seek a new trial if Willis and her office aren't disqualified

So this lawyer guy is married to the idiot Merchant lady? Seems improper by their standards!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

The main thing they seem to be hinging this on is that because they had this relationship and he was hired and then used his money to pay for "vacations" then it amounts to an issue of sorts...I assume they're trying to say that by hiring him into this position in this trial it was financially beneficial to him and he used that financial benefit to "repay" Willis by going on vacations with her etc etc

quote:

John B. Merchant III, a lawyer for one of the co-defendants, said the Fulton district attorney had a “personal interest” in this case, and therefore should be disqualified.

What is that personal interest, the judge asked?

“I think you know it when you see it,” Merchant said. “I think there’s enough facts in front of you that you know it when you see it.

I'm no law person but telling that to the judge seems maybe not the best tactic

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

Compared to letting Trump skate on things that he's obviously guilty for, this "damages the justice system" the way chalk "damages" a sidewalk.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Levitate posted:

The main thing they seem to be hinging this on is that because they had this relationship and he was hired and then used his money to pay for "vacations" then it amounts to an issue of sorts...I assume they're trying to say that by hiring him into this position in this trial it was financially beneficial to him and he used that financial benefit to "repay" Willis by going on vacations with her etc etc

And he took a paycut in doing so. And wasn't her first choice.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i remember wade testifying he was taking a significant decrease to his hourly rate compared to private practice. if that's true to my mind it makes it a bit harder to prove financial incentives to the couple unless there are intangibles, or he bills an ungodly amount of hours or something

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Levitate posted:

Which behavior? Two adults having a consensual relationship after working together, or firing someone who is prone to lying under oath?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I like how having met someone means you're in a relationship.

My wife is gonna be pissed!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

I like how having met someone means you're in a relationship.

My wife is gonna be pissed!

I like how the first lawyer is the spouse of one of they other lawyers on this case.

I know it doesn't matter to their argument, but given the context it is just very funny.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Caros posted:

I like how the first lawyer is the spouse of one of they other lawyers on this case.

I know it doesn't matter to their argument, but given the context it is just very funny.

I think this means that there's a clear conflict of interest and thus they should be pulled from the case. That's how their logic works, right?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Levitate posted:

He’s going to seek a new trial no matter what.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

He’s going to seek a new trial no matter what.

How high of a bar is it to clear to get a new trial?

Caros
May 14, 2008

cr0y posted:

How high of a bar is it to clear to get a new trial?

There needs to be a clear error of law. So... Pretty hard if the state doesn't gently caress up.

If the judge tosses this nonsense I can't rest see it being overturned. The appeals Court doesn't usually look at matters of fact, so if he doesn't believe the two gossipy witnesses then the only thing they can rely on is really niche procedural law.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Caros posted:

There needs to be a clear error of law. So... Pretty hard if the state doesn't gently caress up.

If the judge tosses this nonsense I can't rest see it being overturned. The appeals Court doesn't usually look at matters of fact, so if he doesn't believe the two gossipy witnesses then the only thing they can rely on is really niche procedural law.

Can you gently caress up your own case so badly that it violates procedural law and you can motion for the case to be overturned?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Randalor posted:

Which behavior? Two adults having a consensual relationship after working together, or firing someone who is prone to lying under oath?

Behavior of prosecuting Trump is a violation of the public trust and as such they should be DQ'd and the case should be thrown out and and all cases thrown out and Trump should be reinstated to the presidency and and named the winner of '24 and be given 500 Big Boy points to boot.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Randalor posted:

Can you gently caress up your own case so badly that it violates procedural law and you can motion for the case to be overturned?

He could claim ineffective representation but given his resources the idea that this was the best he could get and is also not good enough is going to get laughed out.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
2 weeks for an opinion. I think this means McAfee is loving wade now and stretching things out for the the Doubletree points

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

He could claim ineffective representation but given his resources the idea that this was the best he could get and is also not good enough is going to get laughed out.

Could the prosecutors also point out that trump seems to be a big factor himself in why his defense is always so shoddy. Seems like he often hobbles his own defense by not letting them argue stronger points out of pure ego, often withholds information, and constantly lies, and is always more concerned with looking good rather than winning his cases.

Seems like even the best lawyers would have quite a bit of trouble handling him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Randalor posted:

Buddy, the Drow are the only ones who have the right idea.

Baby has so much booty she's half-spider to support it.

I'm pondering the implications of that loin cloth.